I played the viola for two years about five years ago and had fun with it. I think I´d like to pick up the violin whenever I get money for it, since you can't really find much good sounding viola sheet music.
Anyway, here's a picture (I played a middle school rental, so mine wasn't as pretty):
And here are some viola jokes I like, since my post is pretty boring and not about guitars (which are a joke in their own right ).
- How do you get a viola section to play spiccato?
Write a whole note with "solo" above it.
- What's the difference between a viola and an onion?
No one cries when you cut up a viola.
- Why don't violists play hide and seek?
Because no one will look for them.
- What's the definiton of "perfect pitch?"
Throwing a viola into a dumpster without hitting the rim.
- Why is a viola solo like premature ejaculation?
Because even when you know it's coming, there's nothing you can do about it.
- Why can't you hear a viola on a digital recording?
Recording technology has reached such an advanced level of development that all extraneous noise is eliminated.