Is my laptop falling apart?

9 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have this 4 year old HP laptop, well it is my dad's since mine is undergoing maintainance. First it decided to not burn CD's anymore even though I successfully burned one on Friday, and now it's saying that is it plugged in but not charging whenever I plug it up. What is going on? A month ago, the speaker grill just randomly came of and now the screen can be a bit flimsy.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by SoftTouch, 17 March 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Yes. Yes it is.

Don't write the same, just like my post. ;p

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

I have this 4 year old HP laptop, well it is my dad's since mine is undergoing maintainance. First it decided to not burn CD's anymore even though I successfully burned one on Friday, and now it's saying that is it plugged in but not charging whenever I plug it up. What is going on? A month ago, the speaker grill just randomly came of and now the screen can be a bit flimsy.

Can you be more specific about the screen issue? As for the cd drive and the battery it's common in oldish laptops. 

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Probably referring to the bezel, which is common since LCD and LED bezels are plastic with only the hinges as reinforcement, most I've worked on are pretty cheap assemblies

• Sting4S likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Might not worth the trouble/$ if you just use the laptop in the house and have a spare monitor. 

• Sting4S and Francis Underwood like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Yeah my dad uses a better computer that he built most of the time and luckily my laptop will be fixed soon.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Hopefully you saw my reply, staff or mods deleted one of my posts again, but it would help if you had model numbers and or photos of your hardware. I gave some background on what I was working on, Acer Extensa projects, more then one based on part requirements.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Your post got deleted because it was completely off-topic. Your second response borders on it.
If you can't keep on thread you won't be back for long.

Francis Underwood
  • Francis Underwood

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

I stopped reading at "4 years old". Yep, that is like a dinosaur already. Sad but true. I have an old Toshiba Laptop from 2009 that is still kicking perfectly, but it's only purpose is a back up just in case. It sucks how expensive technology is especially when considering how fast it becomes obsolete.

• Dollarhide likes this

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

I stopped reading at "4 years old". Yep, that is like a dinosaur already. Sad but true. I have an old Toshiba Laptop from 2009 that is still kicking perfectly, but it's only purpose is a back up just in case. It sucks how expensive technology is especially when considering how fast it becomes obsolete.

Really. Manufacturers and merchants use bully tactics. If you don't have a €10 000 monthly income so you could buy a new laptop, the only way you can get one is by f*cking yourself into five year lease contracts and you end up paying motherf*ckers double of the original price. And it's especially f*cked up since the value of that sh*t has decreased ten times by the time you pay merchant full price of the laptop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users