Quantcast

» «
Photo

I like to hit other people cars during races.

154 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:05 PM Edited by Vooodu, 18 March 2014 - 04:05 PM.

If I host it will be catchup off and slip stream off and no custom vehicles.

Ugh.. Customs off.. No thanks.

Thats just dirty.

:D

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

If I host it will be catchup off and slip stream off and no vustom vehicles.

Good drivers never feel the need to play dirty. Same with any sport.

Bad drivers will resort to tactics they BELIEVE give them an edge. That's fine by me. When a dirty player pits me, I never pit back. Why? I refuse to sink to their level.

I love re racing dirty players on GTA race. And guess what I do...stay behind them the whole race and just shoot their tires...the whole race. I don't care for winning on a gta race as much as they've abandoned honour on a regular race.

sounds jsut like me, let the driving do the talking and retaliate on the leaderboard..

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

I like to honk my horn to the song playing on the radio, and if I get hit into last place, I leave the race. When I win a race I leave the game after because I feel like everyone will expect me to win again and I don't want that kind of responsibility I'm just a boy
  • paulmgrath likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

This is why I like to give the other racers space. Many times I was able to anticipate a ram or pit by keeping my distance from everyone else, and it was the rammer who ended up crashing instead of me.

jarz85
  • jarz85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

What I don't understand is say you have a wipe out and fall back to 7th or 8th place.  As you are working your way back through the field, the car in 6th place rams you off the road causing you both to crash.  Why do they do that?  Only ram if you are 1 & 2 not 6 & 7

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

I try not to be an ass - best racer wins.

But if someone attempts a pit, they will get it back.

Funny thing is though, whenever I "pay back" a ram player, they always seem to either dislike the race or moan about how unfair it was. 

What I don't understand is say you have a wipe out and fall back to 7th or 8th place.  As you are working your way back through the field, the car in 6th place rams you off the road causing you both to crash.  Why do they do that?  Only ram if you are 1 & 2 not 6 & 7

lol I was in a 16 player race with guys on the mics.

One guy was in 13th and someone rammed him and he spun out - he just goes WHHHHYYYYY" "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR THIRTEENTH PLACE?? REALLY DUDE? THIRTEENTH?" - cracked me up.

• paulmgrath, DriveLikeAViking and McManus84 like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

If I host it will be catchup off and slip stream off and no vustom vehicles.

Good drivers never feel the need to play dirty. Same with any sport.

Bad drivers will resort to tactics they BELIEVE give them an edge. That's fine by me. When a dirty player pits me, I never pit back. Why? I refuse to sink to their level.

I love re racing dirty players on GTA race. And guess what I do...stay behind them the whole race and just shoot their tires...the whole race. I don't care for winning on a gta race as much as they've abandoned honour on a regular race.

no such thing as racing dirty

there are no rules to break, get that trough that ignorant skull of yours

you're not the god of gta who gets to decide how every1 should play

ow and for the record you ruining gta races does make you just as bad as them

because they ruin your regular races you get butthurt and feel the need to ruin gta races

who made you the god of gta?

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Congratulations.... you are in a small part the reason CLEAN racing crews like these exist - 

http://socialclub.ro.../red_rum_racing
http://socialclub.ro...w/gta_race_crew
http://socialclub.ro...w/apex_stalkers
http://socialclub.ro...pex_stalkers_xb
http://socialclub.ro...alant_dominance
http://socialclub.ro...alantdominance2
http://socialclub.ro...licious_intentt
http://socialclub.ro...st_class_racers
http://socialclub.ro...hk_race_society

• KingRyujin-- likes this

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

And the player in back ramming each other fighting over last place...  WTF is going through their minds?     All those guys are doing is creating a huge gap between them and the higher placed racers.

Probably this is fun and who cares about winning. lol

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I'll also add http://socialclub.ro...w/street_racers to the list. 

• cloudfuel and DriveLikeAViking like this

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

I don't race to win, I race to ram ^^

Mion
  • Mion

KingKoolaid

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

I feel sorry for you in non-contact races...

• darkwar854, cloudfuel, KingRyujin-- and 1 other like this

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Seriously its so easy to find like minded racers if thats what your after. Join one of the many race crews posted earlier, or host races non-contact, sports classic, catch up off. Send friend requests to anyone sticks around for the race, before you know it you will have plenty of friends to race with. There are  so many different ways to have fun in this game, you just need to find the people who enjoy the game the same way you do and play with them. 

TheComedianIsDead
  • TheComedianIsDead

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

There's a fine line between the phrase "Rubbing is racing" and just being a straight up asshole. And, you sir, ARE AN ASSHOLE!!
  • KingRyujin-- likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Well, at least you admit it.

I guess people should really be playing something other than a GTA game if they wanted to actually race anyways...

That's what I think.. if they are fans of racing, then I don't know what are they doing racing in GTA, physics in cars sometimes suck, and it's not really a racing simulator, races in this game are purely for fun, and u only get like 1.2k for racing.

Yay you! Welcome to 6 months ago.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

I've been noticing that race griefers, like the guys who ram everyone because they are not gonna win, make it easier for me to win.  At first it was aggravating, but then I started dodging better and they take care of the pack behind me.   So as long as you dodge well at the first corner, you should win easily. So thanks for the help! 

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

SM1L3_B4_U_D13
  • SM1L3_B4_U_D13

Viking

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

That's pretty much it... When I race, i'll do everything I can to win, and if I have to ram against other players cars to do it, I'll definitely will. I just don't get people who is always bitching about being hit during races.. if you think that u're the best racer ever existed (because some of you seem to really do that) then it shouldn't be that hard to dodge the car that's coming at you... when they going to hit you, all u have to do it's to suddenly brake, and they will crash, 100% sure.. so stop bitching, it's GTA, not a Racing simulator.

You are the biggest douche ever and I hate frickin' hate you
Sincerely Gtaforums.com

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

I've been noticing that race griefers, like the guys who ram everyone because they are not gonna win, make it easier for me to win.  At first it was aggravating, but then I started dodging better and they take care of the pack behind me.   So as long as you dodge well at the first corner, you should win easily. So thanks for the help! 

Yep! Works a lot more often than it doesn't. Let the idiots like the OP, wipe out, go off a cliff or whatever and just coast to victory. I never jump the start precisely for that reason because it's always a clusterf*ck with all the Mountain Dew-addled joystick monkeys.

• StuntCurry707 likes this

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yep! Works a lot more often than it doesn't. Let the idiots like the OP, wipe out, go off a cliff or whatever and just coast to victory. I never jump the start precisely for that reason because it's always a clusterf*ck with all the Mountain Dew-addled joystick monkeys.

I usually start at the front of the pack, use the turbo start and work my way to the outside of the first corner, break early and cruise on through. Never look back. LOL. The funny thing is, if the guys crashing didn't find success so much this tactic would have died a long time ago.
  • StuntCurry707 likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

No big deal, cuz I kick any crashers anyways.

FireandWater
  • FireandWater

Killed a man with a pen.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by FireandWater, 20 June 2014 - 08:49 PM.

See, here's the problem! Whoever Rockstar assigned to label the jobs listings was obviously suffering from a massive coronary a few days before release. He must've changed the 'Demolition Derby' option to 'Races' by mistake. That's why everyone's so confused.

• saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

I usually start at the front of the pack, use the turbo start and work my way to the outside of the first corner, break early and cruise on through. Never look back. LOL. The funny thing is, if the guys crashing didn't find success so much this tactic would have died a long time ago.

And in addition, all the poor noobs join races hoping for a fair chance to win, but all they have are stock cars, and the assholes in the demofest race all have custom, so in the case where an asshole spins out and gets behind, he easily catches up and purposely rams the noob player, just for the spite of it.  These race addicts, who already have everything unlocked, want to play races like last-man-standing deathmatches -- the goal is not just to win, but to make the losers feel extra bad.  

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by XJpostman, 20 June 2014 - 09:29 PM.

no such thing as racing dirty
there are no rules to break, get that trough that ignorant skull of yours
you're not the god of gta who gets to decide how every1 should play

Most racing is done clean (no pitting/ramming) and unless your in a race that specifically states that ramming is acceptable, it's seen as a dirty move. May not be a written rule but to racers that respect each other it's completely unacceptable.

If someone goes to pass you and you decide to pit him once he gets past it doesn't exactly make for a clean race.

But your right it's GTA and your allowed to be as dirty as you want, just know that it is "dirty" and it takes a lot less skill than racing clean.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I like to hit the brakes when someone tries to ram me and see them fly off the road ruining the race for them.

Roykee090
  • Roykee090

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

Who knows why people complain about this. Probably the same people who plays against lvl 14'sh while they are lvl 100+.. Then they turn custom vehicles on, Catch up OFF, and Slipstream OFF.    Lol they want to win as easily as possible and avoid people crashing into them :p

catch up and slipstream = EZ mode

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Who knows why people complain about this. Probably the same people who plays against lvl 14'sh while they are lvl 100+.. Then they turn custom vehicles on, Catch up OFF, and Slipstream OFF.    Lol they want to win as easily as possible and avoid people crashing into them :p

Not if you are always in first place, when you have only the last quarter of the race left and your car downshifts out of the blue and you see headlight approaching fast and there is nothing you can do about it. That is not easy mode at all.

DriveLikeAViking
  • DriveLikeAViking

Hustler

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Muscleracer, 20 June 2014 - 11:16 PM.

i was thinking the exact same thing

Who knows why people complain about this. Probably the same people who plays against lvl 14'sh while they are lvl 100+.. Then they turn custom vehicles on, Catch up OFF, and Slipstream OFF.    Lol they want to win as easily as possible and avoid people crashing into them  :p

Not if you are always in first place, when you have only the last quarter of the race left and your car downshifts out of the blue and you see headlight approaching fast and there is nothing you can do about it. That is not easy mode at all.

rule number 1 when slipstream is on always be in second place right behind the leader until the last checkpoint or straight

• Zorvaine likes this

KingRyujin--
  • KingRyujin--

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, you're right. Its not easy, its that bullsh*t crutch slow f*cks have to use to be competitive. If I'm "always" in first place then you need to step your game up.

It is far tougher to be a competitive racer without catchup and slipstream on.  One mistake could mean a mark in the loss column. 

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

Why is this a topic?

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

It's just a douchey thing to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic