• Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

No, I'm not suicidal.

Whysoserious5150
  • Whysoserious5150

Joker

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I almost always try to play this way, well not always but mostly, it is so much more immersive and fun in my opinion. I use the pistol, SMGs or sawed off, unless I run into merryweather, army, police etc. Many times I do not run unless I have to and I drive normally not trying to scratch my paint unless I'm being chased or shot at. Just personal preference but I think everyone should try it out!

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

I fly titans to and fro SS Airfield and LSX in shifts. Picking up crew members and friends like I was a military transporter. When there's a bounty, I'll fly the titan over the action and my team will parachute onto rooftops for the kill. We also use 3 cargobobs to carry tanks into the city with one buzzard with a remote gunner as an overseer. We drive tanks in groups and only kill people who grief others, After the first kill, we give them a chance. Normally, they don't come back for us.

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

In the story, HELL YEAH, real and believable thats what made RDR the penultimate game of this generation, as for the extremes you're taking things to, not so much.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

I bet OP's canadian

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I find gta the most entertaining when you are using your imagination, which alot of gtao players lack.

Sure every now and then I'll kill a few people that annoy me or go on proper police chases but for the most part I enjoy meeting new people and just cruising.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

yeah man.

me an my 3 other buddies characters look like vic mackey, shane vendrell, curtis lemanski and ronnie gardocki (the strike team from the shield) and we go round bustin drug dealers etc.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

realism... i deal with realism for 22 hours per day, let me be happy with the 2 hours i get to play gtao!

pulse-gibson
  • pulse-gibson

Sophisticate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I alternate between outrageous grind-mode no holds barred wtf bbq and yes realism with no radar et. al

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Take a few smokes or a nice bottle of pißwasser before doing a mission solo
Sometimes I'd also park my car while making a few adjustments and have a drink of cola before heading out.
Driving like an NPC when I get bored

How messed up is it when the alternative to being board in GTA is behaving like a NPC.  Stopping for red lights and stops signs.  Driving cautiously.

• GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

How messed up is it when the alternative to being bored in GTA is behaving like a NPC.  Stopping for red lights and stops signs.  Driving cautiously.

:lol: ikr. Sometimes I just like to see what driving normally feels like in the streets of LS
  • Evictious likes this

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

How messed up is it when the alternative to being bored in GTA is behaving like a NPC.  Stopping for red lights and stops signs.  Driving cautiously.

:lol: ikr. Sometimes I just like to see what driving normally feels like in the streets of LS

It does create a different experience to the game.  Playing a regular joe.  Entering a shop, buying things and not robbing the place after.  Parking in a parking spot.  Trying to parallel park in downtown LS.  Drinking a few then tossing some darts.

Buuuuut, that wears off real quick.  Driving back from BC to LS while "obeying the law", getting stuck behind some dip ***t driving a station wagon slower than EVERY CAR ON THE ROAD!!!!!! ARRRRRRG  :rampage:  RAGE RAGE RAGE  :rampage:  *sticky bomb*  :evilgrin:

LOL good times.  :D

• GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

I like to put HUD and Radar off, and walk around or drive normally lol

I'd like it if more players would play this way, this is why I've campaigned for Hardcore Mode. I realize most will avoid Hardcore Mode as they do in other games that provide it, but for the few who would utilize it, I would be there participating.

Any time i see a post about "hardcore" mode, all i can think is this lol

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by Solid Scorpion, 17 March 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Yes, I do in many ways.

Unlike many other players I drive fast but still try to keep it on my side of the road and avoid crashing or even scratching my car. Some players seem to have gas at max all the time.

I avoid killing NPC. Even when driving fast at least trying to not hit them.

Also I park it like a normal person would do.

Unintentionally this.

Force of habit from driving almost 24/7 irl.

I always find myself on the right side of the road, only using the outside lane or wrong side for overtaking and using the correct lanes at junctions if not blocked.

Even though we drive on the other side here, I find I just naturally "mirror" most of my driving habits in GTA.

On motorbikes, I always find myself automatically checking behind before changing lanes too.

I think my "habits" could be impeding my potential in GTA lol 

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I do what you do sometimes. And then some player I'm with will start going reverse with his Entity into the firefight, murdering everything without getting shot once.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

play without the hud, or gamer tags. that'll give you a real feeling.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

I like to layout my IRL firearms and clean them while waiting for the game to load. :santa:

• beat_savy_9 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

I've been doing this since day one OP.  Coming from after playing RPG's for months and years before this came out.  Skyrim and Fallout, not exactly real, but still.  Trained me to play video games a certain way.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by Bozzah, 17 March 2014 - 03:47 PM.

reality if I play let's say 5 hours I fap for at least 4

Saheim
  • Saheim

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

yeah man.

me an my 3 other buddies characters look like vic mackey, shane vendrell, curtis lemanski and ronnie gardocki (the strike team from the shield) and we go round bustin drug dealers etc.

Pics? (Of the Strike Team).

I'm probably the only GTAer who uses ATMs.

PAKOPAKMAN
  • PAKOPAKMAN

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

I understand that we all play video games to get away from reality, but I see it as a challenge. To go in with only the most basic weapons. To try and win a shoot out against another player with only your handgun. Anyone can spray with an assault rifle and I know anyone can lock on with a handgun too, but I just get a different feel for the game when I am playing in this style.
I will often switch back and forth from play styles when I'm going missions or in free roam.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

I try to keep as much realism in my CC tracks as possible and find that as soon as there is a jump in any CC content it makes me like it a lot less. But for pvp, I use what i'm best with.

Arruda81
  • Arruda81

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I'm as professional in single player as I can be.

In Online, well, I just set myself a challenge. New PSN account, and climb the crime ladder from bottom to top with absolutely no glitching or shortcuts, no new weapons without level requirement, and the utmost variation possible in jobs. The motivation? I miss trying to survive with a handgun alone and not being able to afford the most expensive stuff.

I've done a thread about it in the Find a Group forum, if anyone thinks the idea is appealing. 

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Sleep at night
Change clothes
Begin and end every session at apartment
Eat at appropiate times
No hud
Only do missions for ron I'm rping as a tpi agent
Preflight walk around before getting in aircraft
Announce taking off and landing
Drive to mission spots instead of use menu
Play golf on weekends

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Yes, almost all the time. When I'm doing stuff for my crew, I wear all red suit and a mask but when I'm not doing stuff for my crew, I wear a suit and glasses and everything. I use handguns like the new heavy pistol or the standard pistol. I use the sawed off shotgun alot aswell as the G36 and tommy gun. I will use the police bat. I'll drive in the new alpha and walk places, not run all the time. I try to use as much realism as I can.

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I do in many ways.

Unlike many other players I drive fast but still try to keep it on my side of the road and avoid crashing or even scratching my car. Some players seem to have gas at max all the time.

I avoid killing NPC. Even when driving fast at least trying to not hit them.

Also I park it like a normal person would do. Turn off the headlights when hiding from the police.

I dont use RPG on players and in tight places like the subway. Only use it on vehicles.

I paint my cars in boring colors.

I never shot my friends even if they have bountys. I defend them instead.

I rarely never commit suicide.

Same. Oh, and no stupid outfits.

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Yeah i've started doing this, highly recommended folks! You're always on edge! even police chases are way more fun.

I would love a separate no hud/radar server similar to free aim/auto system.

• Bombshock and GrottiCollector like this

danowar
  • danowar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I prefer a sense of realism and I want my gameplay to reflect my real life.  That's why I always kill the hookers after I rail them and I litter a lot. 

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

I keep it real by not using the RPG and explosives.
But I've noticed that some of the new DM's have great maps but stupid f*cking tanks and RPGs that make the map creativity useless as all fukc.

I played a DM this weekend that started promising until the tank shows up. Sure the guy was on my team but the sh*t was boring. I made it exciting by walking next to the tank for most of it...but needless to say, it was boring.

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Yeah i've started doing this, highly recommended folks! You're always on edge! even police chases are way more fun.

I would love a separate no hud/radar server similar to free aim/auto system.

Yeah, the server seperateing thing is a good idea :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users