Java code signing

2 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a Java code signer? (Doesn't need to be free)

I hate this new update that came out with the latest Java version, now they automatically assume everything you work on is dangerous and you must purchase a code signer. I tried to purchase one on a site, and they started asking me for very personal information including business name and where they can find my business forms at. It's ridiculous.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Do you use Eclipse as your IDE?  You can create your own keys and sign your own packages within.

I hate java but am forced to use it because I do some Android stuff, I've never had any issues with signing my own stuff using Eclipse.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

Do you use Eclipse as your IDE?  You can create your own keys and sign your own packages within.

I hate java but am forced to use it because I do some Android stuff, I've never had any issues with signing my own stuff using Eclipse.

Yeah I have both Intellij and Eclipse. With the new Java update, self-signing now brings up a huge caution sign and sometimes blocks the user from using your application now. They're promoting people to go and use an authorized or "trusted" code signer and spend around $180-$250 / year for a certificate. I was going to purchase one from Digicert, but they were asking for too much personal information and I respect my privacy way too much to go through that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users