• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,788 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by AceKingston, 21 March 2014 - 04:22 AM.

The thing is Niko was a crimnal before the start of GTA IV.  He didn't just travel all the way to LC for a holiday. His primary motivation was to get back at those that betrayed him. He actually didn't get dragged into the criminal underworld at all as he was still apart of it.

Exactly. It's a shame some people thought that Niko would become rich the moment he stepped in because of Roman's letters. The conversation he had with Roman about why he had really come to LC was the most important part of the game IMO.

Anyways I think we can all agree that when GTA Vi comes out there'll be a bunch of V fans criticizing VI: :p

SonofLoSantos

Unofficial General

Corvette Stingray

yesbum92

Sober Cowboy

And a few VI defenders:

Canthinkofone2018

MasterSucker

wogglewoman

Criminal Ronson

• Miamivicecity, NinjaWJ, Acetaminophen and 2 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 21 March 2014 - 04:26 AM.

SonofLoSantos

We already have a SonofLosSantos.

http://gtaforums.com...sonoflossantos/

:p

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

SonofLoSantos

And only 3 years younger to you. Very accurate. :p

• Miamivicecity likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

I will be a gta v fan complaining about IV?

Wow, you can totally predict how I will act in the future :O

BTW, you forgot gta v fan and lol

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

My opinion:

IV: Better Story, More tiny details and actions like Leaving the car running.

V: Better Graphics, larger map, More stuff but a lot of stuff was removed.

My personal opinion: Gta IV. I think it's nostalgia, but It just feels better. + I dont need all that stuff in V or SA to keep myself entertained in a Gta game

Note to reader: This post is about my personal opinion. If you use this opinion to start a war, you are a douche.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Anyways I think we can all agree that when GTA Vi comes out there'll be a bunch of V fans criticizing VI: :p

Can GTA VI be even worse? I think they hit rock bottom with V. It would be a shame to stay there. (IV commercial reference :O )

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Why would VI be worse? It's going to be on the next gen. So therefore, there is going to be no excuses at all since they have a much better hardware to work with. I'd be surprised and angry if they decide to remove too many stuff from the beta of VI.

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Am I the only one who hates multiple protagonists? I rather have 1 good one like Niko, than 3 boring ones.

• NinjaWJ and Drunken Cowboy like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Am I the only one who hates multiple protagonists? I rather have 1 good one like Niko, than 3 boring ones.

Honestly I think the story would be a lot better if it was just Michael or Franklin. Trevor doesn't deserve a primary role.
  • Official General, Sting4S and nobum62 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

When VI comes out, I hope I won't feel the way I did with V: Happy for just over a month, then disappointed.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:55 PM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 21 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

As for graphics, it really depends on which versions you're comparing. I've found GTA IV PC version to be much more pleasing visually than GTA V on PS3. Maybe only because of resolution and framerate.

In my overall opinion:

GTA IV PC >>> GTA V PS3

Waiting for GTA V PC Version so i can make a more fair comparison.

• arrout likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 21 March 2014 - 02:05 PM.

I've come across this excellent analysis of V's protagonists, themes and endings.

I highly recommend it to both complainers and fans. It really did make me think, look back at what I've stated about V before and somewhat change my opinions.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

He's kinda of a disappointment. He's not a GTA V fanboy. What a bummer.

Oh, and I'm back to insulting you now. :p

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

I can't predict who will do what but when VI comes out there will be plenty of people who all of a sudden love V and talk about how VI was such a step back. I know there plenty of IV fans before like SOL or Stingray X but they have just come out of the woodwork since V came out. If you were around back then you would think IV was this beloved game that nobody complained about when the backlash was as bad as it is with V. Where were all these people two years ago?

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

I can't predict who will do what but when VI comes out there will be plenty of people who all of a sudden love V and talk about how VI was such a step back. I know there plenty of IV fans before like SOL or Stingray X but they have just come out of the woodwork since V came out. If you were around back then you would think IV was this beloved game that nobody complained about when the backlash was as bad as it is with V. Where were all these people two years ago?

I don't think so. I remember a lot of support for IV's 'realism' (lack of features), back in the day. I was always critical of that, but to me they made up for it with the DLC's they brought out.

But yeah, I think the future IV fanboys were already clear back then.

• gunziness, Official General, AnDReJ98 and 1 other like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

As for graphics, it really depends on which versions you're comparing. I've found GTA IV PC version to be much more pleasing visually than GTA V on PS3. Maybe only because of resolution and framerate.

In my overall opinion:

GTA IV PC >>> GTA V PS3

Waiting for GTA V PC Version so i can make a more fair comparison.

Only with ENB. Vanilla IV on PC isn't even CLOSE to GTA V on the PS3.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've come across this excellent analysis of V's protagonists, themes and endings.

I highly recommend it to both complainers and fans. It really did make me think, look back at what I've stated about V before and somewhat change my opinions.

That video is truely excellent and i finished watching it.GTA 5 is a Masterpiece (same with IV),so no need for further arguement.Thanks for sharing bro :)

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

That video is truely excellent and i finished watching it.GTA 5 is a Masterpiece (same with IV),so no need for further arguement.Thanks for sharing bro :)

Dude I love GTA V.. But when people "complain" they aren't doing it out of hate (at least most) they are doing it out of disappointment, expectations that weren't met and a few down right lies R* told us. When I complain about the game its because I believe things can change for the better. GTA V is far from the perfect game it should have been and if I never thought I would be saying this 7 months ago... Just flat out sucks that a lot of the opportunities were lost for what could have been the best R* game yet.. meh..  

• Tycek and Official General like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Honestly I think the story would be a lot better if it was just Michael or Franklin. Trevor doesn't deserve a primary role.

Wait but why? Michael and Trevor have a past, therefore he is perfect for the role. If you can't give a reason, don't bother complaining.

• Xerukal likes this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Wait but why? Michael and Trevor have a past, therefore he is perfect for the role. If you can't give a reason, don't bother complaining.

But also to the fact Trevor was originally just a NPC in the story and was later added as a playable character. show that we could have done with out him being playable. Even though he is my fav. 

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

I can't predict who will do what but when VI comes out there will be plenty of people who all of a sudden love V

If GTA VI takes another step towards the Saint's Row type of gameplay (e.i casualized), then GTA V will indeed be better than GTA VI.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Again you say the same ol' bullsh*t.

What makes you think that the same people on here who criticized or hated GTA IV back when it came out, are the exact same people on here that criticize or hate GTA V ?? You cannot prove these people are of the same element.

You're not thick, but you certainly come across like you are when you keep on saying this. 

Dude I love GTA V.. But when people "complain" they aren't doing it out of hate (at least most) they are doing it out of disappointment, expectations that weren't met and a few down right lies R* told us. When I complain about the game its because I believe things can change for the better. GTA V is far from the perfect game it should have been and if I never thought I would be saying this 7 months ago... Just flat out sucks that a lot of the opportunities were lost for what could have been the best R* game yet.. meh..  

Thank you, exactly this  :^:

I'm clearly a GTA fan as my status as forum member suggests, so I just don't understand why anyone would think I wanna 'hate' GTA V, purposely dislike or criticize it. People forget that guys like me really looked forward to this game and were so excited to play it before it's release - something staunch V defenders like woggleman seem to always overlook. 

• Miamivicecity and Acetaminophen like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

That is complaining to you? You remind me of my stubborn German teacher where anything to him is complaining if it is not relatively positive. Additionally, I have seen some people who state their opinions on both sides of the argument without explanations.

My problem with Trevor is that he is just way too over-the-top for and there are times in the story where I just want to get rid of him. He is aggravating, not that funny, and I could imagine a much better guy in his place.

I don't free roam with him nor do I really enjoy playing as him.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 21 March 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Yet he fit in the story. That is no reason to get rid of him. The rest are your opinions which I respect. But Trevor was a past character in Michael's life, disappears and finds him again. Nothing wrong with that. And over the top is what GTA needs as a character, it's something new and it makes it more fun. Trevor's a maniac, so what's wrong with that?

• gtaxpert likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by StingrayX, 21 March 2014 - 06:15 PM.

Yet he fit in the story. That is no reason to get rid of him. The rest are your opinions which I respect. But Trevor was a past character in Michael's life, disappears and finds him again. Nothing wrong with that. And over the top is what GTA needs as a character, it's something new and it makes it more fun. Trevor's a maniac, so what's wrong with that?

"Over-the-top" views are subjective. I don't need an over-the-top character to enjoy the game. The same goes for the story. I prefer characters that are more subtle yet have dark sides. Trevor was not fun to me and the whole over-the-top pushiness vibe that I felt in V bored me the hell out of me, especially when it came to the overall point and theme of the storyline. The missions were fun because of the action, but it kind of felt like the game was a Michael Bay movie. Over-the-top action and a dull stortline. That really detracts from the replay value from my perspective as I haven't really replayed many storylines with over-the-top action as it's focus.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

"Over-the-topic" views are subjective. I don't need an over-the-top character to enjoy the game. The same goes for the story. I prefer characters that are more subtle yet have dark sides. Trevor was not fun to me and the whole over-the-top pushiness vibe that I felt in V bored me the hell out of me, especially when it came to the overall point and theme of the storyline. The missions were fun because of the action, but it kind of felt like the game was a Michael Bay movie. Over-the-top action and a dull stortline. That really detracts from the replay value from my perspective as I haven't really replayed many storylines with over-the-top action as it's focus.

Then how about Roman, Playboy X, Manny Escuala, or Brucie? All GTA games have over the top characters. They are pretty much an essential part of GTA.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by StingrayX, 21 March 2014 - 06:25 PM.

How do any of those people act the way Trevor acts? I admit, some over-the-top-ness is fine but a lot of it just feels like overkill.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Trevor was a bit to over the top. To the point where I didn't think of him as a maniac I thought of him as some kind of super human which I don't think was supposed to be R*'s plan with his character. He should have actually been a psychopath. His character/story I think was rushed just to make him a protag. I actually feel as if a lot of gta v's story was rushed for some unknown reason.. Like for one R* made a huge deal talking about how franklin was a repo man working for this snake of a business man which in the final = only like  4 missions? really?  

• Miamivicecity likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

My verdict: V sits in its case. IV is in my PS3. That about sums up my position. :-)

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

How do any of those people act the way Trevor acts? I admit, some over-the-top-ness is fine but a lot of it just feels like overkill.

Brucie is as over the top, or even more over the top, than Trevor, in his own way.. Trevor is over the top in an original way, yes. That's one of his strengths.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users