2,788 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Sorry I can't quote your replies guys. It takes an age to do that and I'm running short of time here:

@nobum62: Yes it is dumb. It is basically trolling. There are a lot of weird people on the internet. Ever heard of Deep Web? A place where everything illegal and top secret government files is stored by internet freaks. This is nothing compared to that.

@Official General: Yes you are right it is dumb. And about the Shenmue thing, the post I quote was only months before V's release. Yes opinions do change over time but this is a completely different circumstance. I know people who like a game better the next time around but this was only months before release, you really think 6 months was enough for Shenmue to have IV as his favourite GTA? Like it better? Yes. Favourite GTA? No.

@SOL: It is no secret that when a new GTA arrives, it's predeccssor suddenly gets praise. This certainly isn't by coincidence. I am interested in knowing your theory about this.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by Andreas, 24 April 2014 - 02:23 PM. Removed unneeded quotes.

OK it wasn't bad. I would give it 7.25/10 But it was huge disappointment:

The Gameplay and the robotics.

The Gameplay felt plain, dry, and sort of like real life. And the pedestrians had this reg doll effect, you bump into them they'll either stumble 3 feet back or fall to the ground then pause for second. But I did find it funny the way they would get hurt and fall down the stairs. I didn't anything extra out of it, except for the annoying calls my friends gave me.

I got to admit V has a more smoother feel to it. Animations are a little better (though I feel Michael walks a little strange). The ragdolling in IV was brilliant at times, but bumping into people was one of my biggest annoyances - I wished I could slip past them like you can in Assassin's Creed.  This video makes me laugh every single time - even after 3/4 years of filming it... I have not managed to do anything like this in V (yet)

Spoiler

The Story mode.

The Story mode was sort of repetitive. For the majority of it all you did was drive to a location, shoot a bunch of people, lose the cops, and missions over. I did like the ending however. But the main problem I had, and others did too was GTA IV taking too long to get the action. I hated driving that taxi.

This is what I don't understand with these kinds of arguments. Yes, V had more "exciting" missions, but the format is still the same. most missions you "drive somewhere", "shoot people" and "lose the cops" or more basically, you drive to A, do B, then drive to C. That's simply the format of this genre - how can you get past it without gutting the game's core mechanics. It's Grand Theft Auto - that term means stealing cars, so inevitably cars will be involved. Most missions in III and VC involved you in a car, and no one complained about that. The games have grown to the point where there's planes and stuff, but the format's still the same - Drive here, do this, drive back. That will never change.

As for the story being repetitive, no it isn't.  Perhaps some may feel the mission is repetitive, but the story is dynamic; it moves and changes. I liked IV's story and missions but with V it was definitely time for a change and more more excitement - and I feel it could have been done on top of the base that IV offered.

I understand the claim that IV's mission structure is repetititive and I suppose in some ways it is. But again, that's simply how some games are. The most repetitive games are like Gran Turismo or Fifa (where you literally drive in a circle four times, or constantly counter attack). But look at how good they are/can be! Repetition is also a tool some can use in story telling, but I do feel that IV had enough variety inof itself. I think many of us were spoiled by the plethora of stuff in San Andreas and when a game like IV came along it can't live up. Go back and play GTA III, just for a frame of reference.

The Online. 

When I first went online on GTA IV I was excited, for the first day it seemed cool driving around and shooting people, and doing the same missions. But after 3 days I got bored of doing the same thing. And it was full of annoying hackers. What kept me on GTA IV until GTA V, was the DLC GTA IV TBOGT and my police clan. The online was only good for freedom. 

Every single thing you've said here applies to V also. V's Online has brought a massive boost to the table, but I got bored of it eventually. Doing the same 3 missions for 2.5K, only to spend half that on ammo and another half on weapons, then to get killed by a chrome tank hacker... Please don't say something to try to say one game's bad when both suffer from it. V's online is better, but it's massively flawed.

The Map.

Liberty City and Alderny is suppose to New York City and some parts of New Jersey. I live in NYC, and the only thing they did really good was Lower Algonquin (Lower Manhattan) Middle Park (Central Park) and Hove Beach (Coney Island). The 5 boroughs of NY were not very detailed. Brooker and Dukes which are suppose to be Brooklyn and Queens are missing alot of sites down, Bohan which is suppose to be the Bronx is not even noticeable. The Bronx doesn't have just gang sites, they have hills, alot of parks, houses, and it's the only borough connected NY state, Algonquin which is Manhattan was the only part that was really detailed, Alderny doesn't even look like New Jersey, and they left out Staten Island. The only cool thing about the map was entering the buildings.

Well, if you live somewhere, you'll have a much more intimate knowledge of the place. Thing about GTA is it takes a snapshot of a city, condensed it into a representation. Your local school won't be on the map - that shop and sports bar you love won't be there. New York and LA are fricking huge - no way could that fit in a game as detailed as IV or V. But for those that know New York from films and TV and books, IV captures it well. If GTA was set in London, I'm sure I'd think "they're missing this! or missing that" If i remember correctly, in gta V, the airport's in the wrong place, and isn't the observatory positioned wrong too? But none of that matters because LC is based  on NYC, not a clone of it. Once again, your points also apply to V, i feel, and even more so, SA and VC and III.

Oh and Bohan does have parks, and it's very hilly. I'm not sure what you're thinking of.

Vehicles.

OK the driving with the cars were more realistic in IV, but I drive the same way in both games and rarely crash so it doesn't matter. But let's talk customization. I thought bringing back pay and spray, and not allowing us to customize our cars was crap. Even San Andreas let's us do that. I can't be the only who hated driving in, and out just get my favorite color. As far as them having an airport, but I could only fly helicopters was very disappointing, and not having any other unique vehicles.

I'll agree with the pay and spray. IV should have let us choose our colours, and car modding would have been nice. But I'm not a fan of it in V, tbh. Why? It's shallow. You can boost the engine and performance, which is fantastic, but where's all the aesthetic options? Body kits that do more than change one barely noticeable trim, more effective pearlescents (I think it's midnight club, i'm not sure, but i played another game where you can use any two colours to make a nice twotone car - in V, most colour combinations do nothing), more overt additions like in Saints Row where you can turn many cars into convertibles; add guns or stingers to the car, nitrous, hell lets even go crazy and hyrofoils or something just for the hell of it.
I will agree that this could have been in IV. I didn't miss customisation (but as said, spending twenty minutes driving in and out to get my Comet black was annoying), but yeah, it would have been novel. The airport? I liked having a danger zone - if an eastern european in a stolen car drove at 70MPH into the airport, the cops would come. I liked that. This was also present in GTA V, but with the caveat that you could buy a hangar and thus get access to the airport. This could have been in IV too, but while everyone bitches about no planes in IV, why would you want them? Where would you go? Where would you land? The entire game wasn't suited for them. They were in VC in the form of the seaplane, but that worked because of how much water there was. In IV? No i'm afraid i find this argument slightly futile. It'd be like me saying V doesn't have a spaceship.

Interactions.

The only great interaction they had was the hang out ability.
This was missing in V. Yes, yes, it's there, but it's not the same. Gone are the calls you'd get asking to hang out. I understand people got frustrated by the intrusiveness of them, but all they had to do in V was just program the frequency back a little bit - have it sent via texts. This "phonecall every five minutes" thing is still in V - in online, when lester, martin, gerald, bombard you with phonecalls every five minutes saying "call me." whats the point?!
I miss the depth and weight these had in IV. Hanging out with roman led to some deep conversations, brucie some funny moments, but getting those calls made it feel i was in a living world. V feels lonely in this aspect. That and there's next to no one to hang out with. I'd love to have hung out with packie, or some of the other crew members you meet. This feature also hinges off of V's story and how few subplots/mission strands there are. Again, though i feel this was catering to the majority who didn't want to hang out with virtual mates in a GTA and i found that a shame, as i thought it was one of IV's best parts. Niko telling Jacob "Hold your f*cking corner, Rasta", his conversation about the war with Roman, the conversations after missions talking about that mission.... It was done well, and something I feel could have been in V and would have added more depth and weight to the storyline, especially with the Brad arc.

The Weaopns.

They were just too plain.

V definitely added some more interesting weapons (as did BOGT/TLAD) but I'll be honest with you, as Niko i used the pistol for most of his work. I liked the pistol. V's guns feel more gun-like, the audio's better, customisation's cool (though i wish there was an adequate stealth system to back it up, V's sucks) but what annoyed me most about guns in V, is the inability to drop weapons or control your arsenal. I hate the stupid SMS pistol. I want to select my silenced .50, and when i press LB, that to come out. Not the RPG, which i'd not used. It's in online, why not SP?

Simple things you can't do without the DLCs.  

Parachuting

Getting better weapons - making the same point twice doesn't help your cause :p

Getting better Vehicles

Being able to fly above the Rotterdam building

Better clothes. This one's subjective. I loved some of Niko's clothes. They suited him. .

Purchasing things.

I  made  $718,587 offline, and about $20,000,000 in GTA IV,and offline I could only use it on taxi's, Niko's boring clothes, hangs outs, stripclubs, shows, etc. And online I could only use it on the stuff I unlocked. That just messed up buying things. I can'y buy the clothes I want, buy properties, houses, cars, planes, tanks, or anything.
True, but I feel even V doesn't give you that much to buy. Online it's mostly hospital bills and guns. Offline, well play the stock market and this point is irrelevant as you can buy everything.

I could go on forever. So could I ;P

I meant people who play only for story and think that people who like great gameplay are childish, I come across a lot of these people on the Gamespot forums.

That is indeed unfortunate. As i've said countless times, story and gameplay are as important as eachother. Equally.

Why do you always insist on bringing up story and the FBI? For f*cks sake, every GTA game had the protagonist work for a certain person or group for a large portion of the game. Proof?

First off, here's the FBI missions in GTA V (I've excluded heist setup missions because those aren't technically for the FBI, that is how the trio choose to set up the heist)

GTA V - FBI

• Dead Man Walking
  • Three's Company
  • By The Book
  • Blitz Play
  • Paleto Score Setup
  • Monkey Business
  • Paleto Score
  • The Wrap Up
  • The Bureau Raid
  • Something Sensible

GTA IV - Roman

• The Cousins Bellic
  • It's Your Call
  • Three's Company
  • Bleed Out
  • Easy Fare
  • Jamaican Heat
  • Uncle Vlad
  • Crime and Punishment
  • Romans Sorrow
  • Logging On
  • Hostile Negotiation
  • Mr. And Mrs. Bellic

GTA SA - Law/Authorities

• Burning Desire
  • Gray Imports
  • Badlands
  • 555 We Tip
  • Snail Trail
  • Misappropriation
  • High Noon
  • Vertical Bird
  • Home Coming
  • Toreno's Last Flight
  • Monster
  • Highjack
  • Interdiction
  • Verdant Meadows
  • Learning To Fly
  • N.O.E
  • Stowaway

GTA III - Asuka Kesen

• Sayanora Salvatore
  • Under Surveillance
  • Papparazi Purge
  • Payday For Ray
  • Two-Faced Tanner
  • Bait
  • Expresso-2-Go
  • S.A.M

The problem with V's FIB missions is there's little else. SA, VC, III, IV - they all have a lot of other mission strands, side-stories etc. V has very, very little.

• Ermac. and fac316 like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Love both, but iv feels outdated next to v.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:01 PM Edited by StingrayX, 24 April 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Sorry I can't quote your replies guys. It takes an age to do that and I'm running short of time here:

@nobum62: Yes it is dumb. It is basically trolling. There are a lot of weird people on the internet. Ever heard of Deep Web? A place where everything illegal and top secret government files is stored by internet freaks. This is nothing compared to that.

@Official General: Yes you are right it is dumb. And about the Shenmue thing, the post I quote was only months before V's release. Yes opinions do change over time but this is a completely different circumstance. I know people who like a game better the next time around but this was only months before release, you really think 6 months was enough for Shenmue to have IV as his favourite GTA? Like it better? Yes. Favourite GTA? No.

@SOL: It is no secret that when a new GTA arrives, it's predeccssor suddenly gets praise. This certainly isn't by coincidence. I am interested in knowing your theory about this.

Are you even thinking about what you're posting? Who in the right mind is going to change their mind about V and love IV more just because? There is a trigger for feeling that way and I doubt most people just wake up and say, "Ya, know f*ck V, IV is better because f*ck logic."
  • Official General likes this

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by Andreas, 24 April 2014 - 02:22 PM. Removed quote-train.

I meant people who play only for story and think that people who like great gameplay are childish, I come across a lot of these people on the Gamespot forums.

It didn't come across that way but thanks for explaining

stormy1
  • stormy1

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

you can't really compares two games like this when one is 5 years older than the other. Shooting mechanics, camera angles, variety of vehicles and graphics will all naturally get better. The only thing you can really compare is the story line in a fair manner. They did drag out the fib missions and I didn't like the way they only pay the big bucks right at the end making you rush through the story too quickly, but on the other hand I did find myself drifting off when listening to roman go off on one about his troubles. Overall I think the storyline has improved, V has a bit more going on and has three playable characters which makes it more exciting.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

You know what? I think your guys are right. Who gives a damn if someone is a IV fan or what. I don't know maybe they are maybe they aren't but it seems like a pointless think to debate about it really.

Sorry I was lousy yesterday and today. Been a bad day but yeah I just came to my senses I suppose.

• Jimbatron and Official General like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by Official General, 24 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

I don't know why you guys care so much about what other people like/dislike. In the almost 7 years I've been here I've seen countless people change their favourite GTA in their profile for one reason or another. Fair weather fans aren't just IV fans like that's being implied in here.

It's ridiculous and kind of sad how people like Woggleman can't seem to let it go that some people took longer to warn up to IV than others.

I just don't get him, he feels all so hurt and upset by this. He's so obsessed with blaming GTA IV for the fact that many people feel letdown by GTA V and found it underwhelming. Why I will never know, it's not like he made V himself or he has a sexual relationship with the game. All I know is that it's a dumb and very strange obsession indeed. If he likes V and want's to defend it, then that's fine, and that is all that should matter to him. But I just don't see what IV's resurgence of popularity and it's fans and have to do with anything in this. 

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

You know what? I think your guys are right. Who gives a damn if someone is a IV fan or what. I don't know maybe they are maybe they aren't but it seems like a pointless think to debate about it really.

Sorry I was lousy yesterday and today. Been a bad day but yeah I just came to my senses I suppose.

For this sir, I salute your attitude.

Slightly off topic, why did this move to Gameplay and back again? Not that I really mind.

With regards to the game play versus story thing, I think it's perfectly OK for anyone to take the view that game play is much more important to them, or story, or that they require both. It becomes of course vulnerable to the apples and oranges comparison if you prefer the game play of one, and the story of another, but I guess we all know which one we feel is better over-all for the trade off from our own perspective.

We've talked a lot about the shortened story in V, and how some of us didn't like that. Here's a question, if the story was improved in length and quality, but you had to buy it through a few more DLC, would you mind paying the extra? Personally I wouldn't. For the amount of hours I got out of IV, paying £30 for it was the bargain of a life time. I waste more than that down the pub on one Friday evening!

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by Official General, 24 April 2014 - 11:45 PM.

@ Woggleman 

Get some sense and follow his lead.

We've talked a lot about the shortened story in V, and how some of us didn't like that. Here's a question, if the story was improved in length and quality, but you had to buy it through a few more DLC, would you mind paying the extra? Personally I wouldn't. For the amount of hours I got out of IV, paying £30 for it was the bargain of a life time. I waste more than that down the pub on one Friday evening!

Of course I would pay more for it. I'd pay more if DLC meant that Rockstar could realize this game's full potential for sure. I waited so long for this game, and quite frankly as V stands now, it's definitely was not worth the colossal wait and it did not live up to the tons of hype it received. For me personally, only a great DLC addition can vindicate this game, and if it meant spending a few more pounds, then I will do that.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 24 April 2014 - 08:54 PM.

GTA IV isn't better GTA V.

Yes it is.

No it's not :D :lol:

• Miamivicecity and Sakurai Aoi like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:39 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 24 April 2014 - 10:42 PM.

GTA IV isn't better GTA V.

Yes it is.
No it's not :D :lol:

Shut up you. .;):p

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Gta V felt like part 1 of a 2 part act. like there was more to it but nope it just ends. Wraps up wayyyyyy too fast. 

• Official General and nobum62 like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

For this sir, I salute your attitude.

Slightly off topic, why did this move to Gameplay and back again? Not that I really mind.

With regards to the game play versus story thing, I think it's perfectly OK for anyone to take the view that game play is much more important to them, or story, or that they require both. It becomes of course vulnerable to the apples and oranges comparison if you prefer the game play of one, and the story of another, but I guess we all know which one we feel is better over-all for the trade off from our own perspective.

I'll be sucked in, yes. Truth is, although i think Iv's far better than V, V is still a great game and very fun. It added a lot of what IV missed, but also took much out. If there was a story DLC, yeah i'd probably go for it. But i'd remain cynical about it. The story of V so far isn't lending itself to something as good as IV's imo. It'd be more of the same.

Gta V felt like part 1 of a 2 part act. like there was more to it but nope it just ends. Wraps up wayyyyyy too fast. 

This.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

I don't know why you guys care so much about what other people like/dislike. In the almost 7 years I've been here I've seen countless people change their favourite GTA in their profile for one reason or another. Fair weather fans aren't just IV fans like that's being implied in here.

It's ridiculous and kind of sad how people like Woggleman can't seem to let it go that some people took longer to warn up to IV than others.

I just don't get him, he feels all so hurt and upset by this. He's so obsessed with blaming GTA IV for the fact that many people feel letdown by GTA V and found it underwhelming. Why I will never know, it's not like he made V himself or he has a sexual relationship with the game. All I know is that it's a dumb and very strange obsession indeed. If he likes V and want's to defend it, then that's fine, and that is all that should matter to him. But I just don't see what IV's resurgence of popularity and it's fans and have to do with anything in this. 

I have a very good life and I am not hurt by any of this. I just call like it I see it. I don't walk around all day thinking about this but this is a discussion forum. I admit I can get heated in a debate but It doesn't rule my life or anything like that. I just notice a trend and I observe it.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:53 PM Edited by Andreas, 25 April 2014 - 11:29 PM. Removed quote-train.

Shut up you. . ;) :p

What a comeback! (Turn down your speakers/headset a little bit before clicking)

I just call like it I see it. 

That sounds like the very explanation that a certain person (*cough*OG*cough*) uses to justify his generalizations, while simultaneously calling yours bullsh*t.

Can't wait to see what happens now! *Grabs popcorn*

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by Andreas, 25 April 2014 - 11:28 PM. Removed quote-train.

That sounds like the very explanation that a certain person (*cough*OG*cough*) uses to justify his generalizations, while simultaneously calling yours bullsh*t.

Can't wait to see what happens now! *Grabs popcorn*

Both of us are just very argumentative people. I admit I can be like that in a debate but by no means am I obsessed with this.  

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just saying that that phrase is what OG uses to justify his generalizations while calling yours bullsh*t.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just saying that that phrase is what OG uses to justify his generalizations while calling yours bullsh*t.

I even admit that there are plenty of people who this does not apply to but the trend when a new GTA comes out is undeniable.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

The point is that both of you should stop generalizing. 

• Ermac. likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by Official General, 25 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Both of us are just very argumentative people. I admit I can be like that in a debate but by no means am I obsessed with this.  

I can be argumentative, but not purely for the sake of it, and it's within reason. I'm not just gonna keep repeating myself with claims that cannot be backed up by any real concrete evidence, which you have done regarding this particular subject. Yeah you call it as you see it, but you conclude what you see with the same generalizations on this issue all the time, like some kind of smokescreen to insist to others that you are right (despite no back up to your claims). That's the difference between me and you.

You have lent no credibility or support whatsoever to your claims about the existence of a so-called, 'massive trend' of one-time GTA IV haters now being GTA IV lovers, and now GTA V haters.  I don't see how you can expect anyone to respect your opinions in such circumstances. Furthermore, this 'trend' talk is totally irrelevant anyway - if people don't like V, it's because they don't out of personal preference, they have no reason to lie, and they certainly have no reason to dislike V just because of IV. It makes no sense as to why you strongly believe IV to be the fault of V's disappointment. 

Before you say it's just me bashing you, other guys on here have said the same thing I'm saying, they've seen you do it too. I don't generalize at all, that's one rule I try my hardest to abide by in a debate or discussion. I may think a certain view is bullsh*t or whatever, but I don't generalize. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Holy quote train! Lads, please do not quote more than 2/3 posts at a time. Thank you very much.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:06 AM

I love how people are bringing "Logic" into this as though liking either game can come down to science.

There is only one science to be applied here, and that is brain chemistry. Brain chemistry determines whether you prefer story or stunts and explosions and shooting.

Past that, there is no scientific ruler for measuring how good one game is compared to the other. There is only what people see in both games. What people like about both games. There is no science or logic involved.

I think some people just want to try and sound smart. The only thing I can say that is objective is V and IV are both part of the grand theft auto series and they both have shooting and cars in them. That's as objective as you can get. Past that, it's all opinion.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Most people here are comparing aspects of both games. For example, the cover system was new in IV and was improved in V.

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

they both excel in Different areas 

Storyline - IV (but the Storyline is not Nearly as bad as what some people make it out to be It was still An Interesting Story well least to me which i would Personally rate above San Andreas and even  Vice City)

Missions - V -(even though the missions in IV much like the Storyline In V are  Slated Unfairly  their not Nearly as Repetitive  and boring as what people make them out to be)

City - both have fantastic living breathing worlds in my eyes los santos on paper is better but liberty city has a special  place in my heart so i would edge it over to LC.

Overall IV Is Still My Favourite Gta but V  does some things  Better its just that it does not quite live up to its Full Potential this should of been and quite easily could of been by far the Greatest grand theft auto thus far it just has some Missed Opportunities that hold it back +: i feel it Relies onto many Gimmicks  it some times  feels like im watching a comedy - action film where with IV Im Watching  An Actual Crime Drama Despite it still having  Good Humour. 

• Jimbatron likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by Official General, 25 April 2014 - 11:22 AM.

I think some people just want to try and sound smart. The only thing I can say that is objective is V and IV are both part of the grand theft auto series and they both have shooting and cars in them. That's as objective as you can get. Past that, it's all opinion.

That's woggleman alright. He thinks he is some super, intellectual analyst that can spot and identify certain 'trends' in GTA gaming preferences (that never really existed in the first place).

Like any of this even matters.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

I read the opening post and am responding directly to that so please forgive me if anything I say is off (or back to) topic.

I don't really think of it in terms of what's better between GTA IV or GTA V. I REALLY fell on love with the fourth game when I played it. I loved Nico Bellic, loved the story and even loved little things like getting something to eat at "Cluckin' Bell". I loved it so much that I thought I could never love another GTA game as much.

Now when GTA V came out I fell in love with that but for completely different reasons than I fell in love with the previous one. I enjoyed all three characters and each one of their stories and I feel a lot of the missions had a very bombastic kind of feel that made it feel really satisfying. 

There is one way though in particular that I think was better than IV. In IV I did get a little invested in Bellic's quest but the fact that it was a computer game kind of put a barrier to that. However totally SMASHED that barrier. I did all three endings of V. Ending A didn't bother me too much but Ending B totally broke my heart. That's why I found Ending C such an amazing experience. Loved it! 

But again both games for different reasons were great experiences and I'm really hoping Rock Star do go ahead with a sixth one. 

• Midnightz, Jimbatron and Officer Ronson like this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by SingularSoul, 25 April 2014 - 06:28 PM.

I love how people are bringing "Logic" into this as though liking either game can come down to science.

There is only one science to be applied here, and that is brain chemistry. Brain chemistry determines whether you prefer story or stunts and explosions and shooting.

Past that, there is no scientific ruler for measuring how good one game is compared to the other. There is only what people see in both games. What people like about both games. There is no science or logic involved.

/Thread.

Disregarding personal views and opinions, "scientific" comparisons etc.

It all boils down to PURE PREFERENCE. 

:)

PlayboiX™
  • PlayboiX™

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

When you add the DLCs, I say GTA 4 had a better story. But if you are putting the 2 original version, V is far better IMO

Niko Belic is one of the most boring protagonists in GTA history to me. I didn't like the driving, the gunplay was too stiff and it was a bit repetitive. You would get a call, drive to meet the person, have a convo, then go get in a gun fight. That was pretty much all you did for most of the game

GTA V, on the other hand, tried to keep things fresh. Although it didn't have as many missions it wasn't as repetitive. Trevor is entertaining as he'll. Franklin, I can totally relate with. Michael, I don't like. But it's not because his character is boring. I simply think he's a snake. The story was a little too short for my liking, but I still feel it was better than 4. The gameplay feels so much smoother; especially the gun play. Driving is much Better. I love that we can fly planes again. I like that they brought back customization of cars(although I wish they gave more options). Just an overall better experience to me

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Racecarlock, 25 April 2014 - 08:06 PM.

That's woggleman alright. He thinks he is some super, intellectual analyst that can spot and identify certain 'trends' in GTA gaming preferences (that never really existed in the first place).

Like any of this even matters.

Dude, don't use my post as an insult. I am trying to stop the insults.

Edit: In fact, I found the perfect image to sum up what I just quoted.

8aaf64e74b6417fd754abcc9f799b395c204ab2a

• Official General likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users