The IV versus V debate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,788 replies to this topic
GrifterSix
  • GrifterSix

BAMF- CHURCH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by Andreas, 16 March 2014 - 08:34 AM. Removed quote-train.

@GrifterSix
Best comment i have read in a week,Great words bro :)

Thanks man. I felt inspired to write a thoughtful and serious post vs my normally jaded and antagonistic posts designed to forum troll while still conveying my viewpoint.  Im glad my effort was appreciated  and read by at least one person.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:13 AM Edited by Andreas, 16 March 2014 - 08:34 AM. Removed quote-train.

Thanks man. I felt inspired to write a thoughtful and serious post vs my normally jaded and antagonistic posts designed to forum troll while still conveying my viewpoint. I'm glad my effort was appreciated  and read by at least one person.

They might appreciate it but I'm gonna be the guy you can hate for pointing out that there are no facts in your statement and that it is utter bvllsh*t. Like I said there are no facts there, only a ridiculous generalization.

Tempahrelapse
  • Tempahrelapse

Bacon Made From Pey'j

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:41 AM Edited by Andreas, 16 March 2014 - 08:33 AM. Removed large quote.

<snip>

I agree that the general consensus changes over time. But your arguments on opinions is stupid. Opinions are neither wrong or right. They are personal and have no data to back it. So you should treat them as personal interpretations rather than statistical/academic interpretations.

As for which is better I honestly enjoyed GTA IV over GTA V. GTA V is growing on me but the story in GTA IV was better. I thought GTA IV had a lot more characters and the story was more about organised crime. Instead of FBI related stuff. Which I find more interesting. I also prefer Liberty City over Los Santos as a location. I don't know what it is but I prefer the architecture in Liberty City and the fact that it is an often cold setting.

GTA V took a while to grow on me. And after I beat the story. Parachuting is fun and graphics are better. But there are huge downs to it. The driving is crap compared to GTA IV and so is the cop system. I don't like the fact that it is so easy to get cop stars. If I see DLC focusing on the Russian Mafiya, Triads or Armenian Mafia with more characters. I may change my mind.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

@GrifterSix
Best comment i have read in a week,Great words bro :)

Thanks man. I felt inspired to write a thoughtful and serious post   vs my normally jaded and antagonistic posts designed to forum troll while still conveying my viewpoint.  Im glad my effort was appreciated  and read by at least one person. 

They might appreciate it but I'm gonna be the guy you can hate for pointing out that there are no facts in your statement and that it is utter bvllsh*t. Like I said there are no facts there, only a ridiculous generalization. 

Well, we all have the same facts available, most of what it written on here that adds anything new tends to be an opinion. I thought he had some very good points, especially it is very easy to compare V to IV+EFLC which is not really fair. However, I would say in my OP everything I said holds if you compare only V to IV and pretend EFLC never happened. This said, V is still not finished. DLC may add stuff that could substantially change opinions. The IV games we can analyse fully as complete work.

There's another thing. I have IV on the PC, and inevitably compare that to V on the PS3. I enjoy many games on the PS3, and this is not platform fanboyism, but IV had vastly superior graphics on the PC if you maxed it out. I think I probably need to be comparing V on the PC when it comes out - it will be interesting to see how bowled over I get by the visuals. They are not everything, but they are important.

Generally, I think there's been a lot of great discussion here. One thing I didn't mention which has come up is the driving and the Cops mechanics. I have to say, I preferred IV, but it is hard to make a truly fair comparision. I spend years mastering the handling of IV cars, and I don't think in V I have reached the same level of skill. This is likely to lead to a sub-conscious bias towards IV, so I didn't put it my OP. I really think the Cop system could have been better done though. Unless you are in a super car, they seem to be glued to your rear bumper, even if you take a corner like an F1 driver, they stay with you. Then after a given amount of time (if you haven't resorted to driving down the train tracks which is the easy out), they suddenly drop off - and I'm almost certain there is a script which slows them down after x amount of minutes. I'd have liked to see a GTA Chinatown Wars where you could disable cop cars by ramming them off the road. This said, these are relatively minor issues for me, I still find GTA V gameplay fun.

We've inevitably got a lot of polarised views turning up here, which is great for generating discussion, however, it slightly bemuses me. Are these games really that different? Its and open world game where you steal cars, drive around, shoot people and do criminal jobs. OK there's a load of new features and tweaks, but I'd argue the core features are still intact.

• theGTAking101 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Quite honestly I think R's biggest mistake was actually taking fan complaints seriously. Many people seem like the type who would complain no matter what. They should just ignore what the fans say and make the game they want to make. Trying to please some people is like trying to please a nagging wife. I don't see anything wrong with most things in V but for those that do remember most of it is only giving fans what they asked for. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Quite honestly I think R's biggest mistake was actually taking fan complaints seriously. Many people seem like the type who would complain no matter what. They should just ignore what the fans say and make the game they want to make. Trying to please some people is like trying to please a nagging wife. I don't see anything wrong with most things in V but for those that do remember most of it is only giving fans what they asked for. 

I totally agree with this but then Rockstar Loves their fans,Old and New.It not bad and it not great at the same time,because this Whining will continue as long it an HD Era game.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

C'mon, start talkin' bitch!

• Members
  • Japan
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:29 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 16 March 2014 - 11:42 AM.

I totally agree with this but then Rockstar Loves their fans,Old and New.It not bad and it not great at the same time,because this Whining will continue as long it an HD Era game.

What? There's nothing wrong with the HD era! The only problem I have with the game is the story, the focus on GTA:O, and the fact that there are only 69 missions for three protags.

The game is very good, but there are flaws. I like the idea of three protags, but there should be enough missions for them, around at least 150 IMO. The map is amazing, and so is the transportation we can use. I also liked the strangers and freaks missions. 

The gameplay may be the best in the GTA series, so far (IMO), but the story is also important for me. IV had an excellent story, with good, memorable mission givers like Patrick, Elizabeta, Roman, and Little Jacob. Compare that with the douchbags we meet in V, like Devin Weston and Steve Haines. Most players forgot who Stretch was when they picked option C. In IV, Dimitri and Jimmy P were well known, and fresh in the player's mind.

R* improved the gameplay a lot, and that is good, but the story could have been a lot better.

• archiebunker and NinjaWJ like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

The only way to fairly compare GTA IV and GTA V is the leave story out altogether because a lot of people only care about story in games and not about the most important aspect (gameplay) so they only compare the stories and think that story is the only aspect that determines a games quality (Official General is a perfect example of a user who does this) , story should also be left out because the quality of storytelling is 100% subjective, I personally really enjoyed GTA V's story but that is beside the point.

Now onto what makes a game a game, gameplay. Driving is subjective, shooting is refined to the point that GTA now feels like a normal third person shooter (when played on free aim with complex targeting), and stealth is a nice addition, not much to say here. Two things I would really like to talk about is the cops and the variety of vehicles (and weapons for that matter) with the latter never being discussed on this forum (probably because it would require the praising of GTA V), firstly the cops, many people side with GTA IV on this one but I absolutely hated the wanted level system in GTA IV, the worst part is that the cops had x-ray vision, so the many interiors that GTA IV has were completley useless for hiding from the cops since no matter what, the cops are going to find you since they are magnetic and you are a refrigerator, and what really put the nail in the coffin is that fact that the wanted system was scripted so that if you used a helicopter with a 3 star or higher wanted level, it was impossible to escape. Now for vehicle variety, I want to bring this one up because it is probably the most important feature for me in a game like this yet no one on this forum ever talks about it, GTA IV's vehicle variety was easily the worst in the series while GTA Vice City Stories had the best with GTA V ranking not too far behind, the vehicle variety (or lack of vehicle variety) in GTA IV made the game feel rushed (GTA IV's vehicle variety is the reason that it did not feel like GTA for me), everywhere I went in that game I saw opportunities for different and unique vehicles, there was a golf course but no golf cart for example,  instead we got lots of generic cars which were nothing special, and to make things worse, the few unique vehicles there suffered from a horrible spawning system, meaning that the hearse only appeared in one mission and the police helicopter could only be obtained via a sniping trick during a 3 star of higher wanted level.

Other stuff like mission variety, we have all heard before, but I would like to say that GTA V is not short, it also has the stranger and freak missions, but these go ignored because people only play games for storytelling nowadays, even if the stranger and freak missions weren't there, GTA V would still be a much, much longer game than anything released nowadays (if you want a short game, play Metal Gear Solid 4 or wait for the upcoming Ground Zeroes).

The noticable difference between them though, is that one of these games is more aimed at the mainstream audience.

Yeah, GTA IV is aimed at the more mainstream audience since it is the more story focused game. Seriously though, I read your entire post and whoever thinks that Rockstar is only focusing on online and doesn't care about single player is wrong as GTA V's single player has had more effort put into it than any other GTA single player IMO, and i'm sure other people would feel this way if they understood that there is more to a game than storytelling, a lot more.

I feel that listening to some of the complaints about GTA IV was a good idea as it fixed the big issues without turning it into GTA San Andreas HD, but if they listened to the people complaining about GTA V, then I agree as we would probably end up with a game with gameplay quality that is comparable to Mass Effect 2 and a cutscene to gampelay ratio which is comparable to Metal Gear Solid 4, yet no one would care because the story would be amazing.

• Gantons Most Wanted and IDAS Leader like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

The only way to fairly compare GTA IV and GTA V is the leave story out altogether because a lot of people only care about story in games and not about the most important aspect (gameplay) so they only compare the stories and think that story is the only aspect that determines a games quality (Official General is a perfect example of a user who does this) , story should also be left out because the quality of storytelling is 100% subjective, I personally really enjoyed GTA V's story but that is beside the point.

Now onto what makes a game a game, gameplay. Driving is subjective, shooting is refined to the point that GTA now feels like a normal third person shooter (when played on free aim with complex targeting), and stealth is a nice addition, not much to say here. Two things I would really like to talk about is the cops and the variety of vehicles (and weapons for that matter) with the latter never being discussed on this forum (probably because it would require the praising of GTA V), firstly the cops, many people side with GTA IV on this one but I absolutely hated the wanted level system in GTA IV, the worst part is that the cops had x-ray vision, so the many interiors that GTA IV has were completley useless for hiding from the cops since no matter what, the cops are going to find you since they are magnetic and you are a refrigerator, and what really put the nail in the coffin is that fact that the wanted system was scripted so that if you used a helicopter with a 3 star or higher wanted level, it was impossible to escape. Now for vehicle variety, I want to bring this one up because it is probably the most important feature for me in a game like this yet no one on this forum ever talks about it, GTA IV's vehicle variety was easily the worst in the series while GTA Vice City Stories had the best with GTA V ranking not too far behind, the vehicle variety (or lack of vehicle variety) in GTA IV made the game feel rushed (GTA IV's vehicle variety is the reason that it did not feel like GTA for me), everywhere I went in that game I saw opportunities for different and unique vehicles, there was a golf course but no golf cart for example,  instead we got lots of generic cars which were nothing special, and to make things worse, the few unique vehicles there suffered from a horrible spawning system, meaning that the hearse only appeared in one mission and the police helicopter could only be obtained via a sniping trick during a 3 star of higher wanted level.

Other stuff like mission variety, we have all heard before, but I would like to say that GTA V is not short, it also has the stranger and freak missions, but these go ignored because people only play games for storytelling nowadays, even if the stranger and freak missions weren't there, GTA V would still be a much, much longer game than anything released nowadays (if you want a short game, play Metal Gear Solid 4 or wait for the upcoming Ground Zeroes).

The noticable difference between them though, is that one of these games is more aimed at the mainstream audience.

Yeah, GTA IV is aimed at the more mainstream audience since it is the more story focused game. Seriously though, I read your entire post and whoever thinks that Rockstar is only focusing on online and doesn't care about single player is wrong as GTA V's single player has had more effort put into it than any other GTA single player IMO, and i'm sure other people would feel this way if they understood that there is more to a game than storytelling, a lot more.

I feel that listening to some of the complaints about GTA IV was a good idea as it fixed the big issues without turning it into GTA San Andreas HD, but if they listened to the people complaining about GTA V, then I agree as we would probably end up with a game with gameplay quality that is comparable to Mass Effect 2 and a cutscene to gampelay ratio which is comparable to Metal Gear Solid 4, yet no one would care because the story would be amazing.

Story is the only thing that matters.
  • theGTAking101 and Detective Phelps like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Story is the only thing that matters.

IMO, story and gameplay are equally important, and both should be good. :p

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Nuh uh. Story> gameplay. Who the f*ck wants decent gameplay in a video game? They should be called "video stories" instead.
  • theGTAking101 and Detective Phelps like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by Deji, 16 March 2014 - 12:33 PM.

I still have the depressing feeling that I will never feel as good playing IV, V or any future GTA as I had with the classic series. They're too complicated and like different games now. I get the same feeling playing them as I get from playing an Assassins Creed game or any other 3rd-person action game... they're just modern action games. Still just owning a PS2 'n all, I never grew with the gaming generation. I used to feel like games revolved around me and I knew every one like the back of my hand (which in GTA's case, I still got surprised every now and then) - now though, I just feel like a small part in something that gets more and more complex. The GTA games specifically used to let you just run about, crouch, jump over a wall and get in and out of vehicles using the same one of three animations... now everything is contextual - cover systems override the ability to simply hide behind a wall simply by walking behind a wall, I suddenly have to think about mass and other concepts of physics every time I push the analogue stick around and the character walks forty degrees more than I expected.

This isn't just GTA, but games in general are going through a stage where they're all overly complicated. Well, to be honest, I'm only just catching up and actually a lot of games lately are managing to pull off a nice mid-way point where they retain their contextual controls and complex physics and still manage to make you feel you're in the drivers seat of a responsive vehicle, and not in a hot air balloon. It's about time, too, considering they're trying to rush in all this "next gen gaming" crap before people have even had a chance to decide what more they could possibly want out of games (don't worry, Sony and Microsoft will decide for you, in the end).

Anyway, upon reflection, it could be why I didn't shine to IV too well. It felt groggy, weighed down (not just the 'realistic' vehicles but even Niko and the stuff he constantly crashed into) and certainly taking on more of a 3rd-person Action/Adventure style than any GTA I'd ever played... guess that's why it attracted a completely new audience of thinks-he-likes-GTA-ists that complain about every other GTA but IV now, but that's a more out there bit of speculation :p

And about the 'realism' of vehicle physics in the games.. there's no such thing. You're not driving a real vehicle by any real means, therefore what makes realistic physics of the vehicle depends on how the vague and limited input of a controller is used to affect the vehicle. [personal] In IV, the technique seemed like it was to ignore 80% of that input - making it seem more real as you had less ease over control - this is not realism, this is bad control - if a car came equipped with a joypad and controlled like that, it would be the dumbest thing in the world - yet if the inclusion of such a controller increased the control over the vehicle, it would be the best invention since the auto-mobile itself, [/personal]. For example, if you were to design a control system for the main character - the more realistic approach would be to make each analogue stick control each foot separately - yeah, you see where I'm going... the primary mode of transportation shouldn't be challenging or awkward simply because the controller input is limited.

I've only played a fair portion of V on Xbox 360. After 15 minutes I was like "woah, they really did go back to San Andreas" - everything from the vehicle control to the style of missions and overall game-play. Of course, this is only the second game since San Andreas - with IV's missions being of a very "go here, shoot some guys, drive here" style of game-play being somewhat of an oddity in the game series overall - but I was happy to feel at least a portion of the freedom, the sandbox-y feeling, that I'd gotten used to while playing the game be brought back. Still, now I think about it again, it seems very limited. In the 3D-era, I had the courage to jump from building to building, managing to get anywhere by simply the running and jumping functions - now I'd be scared that my character would hit his face on a wall, fall on his back and get squashed by an oncoming car.

This isn't to say I think IV and V should be hated, but people have to accept that they're not what we've come to know as GTA - any relevance is purely down to clever marketing and branding - and they still feel very in the Action/Adventure genre despite the free-roaming. Even Assassins Creed has free-roaming, but it doesn't feel like a sandbox game and neither does IV/V - to me they both, actually, feel pretty damn similar - pity that ACIV is amazing me so much I think it actually replaces a hole in my heart where GTA used to be :p

To conclude, I feel GTA needs to become more like what it used to be in order to be any better than any other game with free-roaming - because at the moment I still feel the need to play a new game afterwards - a feeling I've only started having since what I consider the golden-era of gaming on my rusty ol' PS2. GTA used to be a game that I wanted to just explore and do all sorts in of my own imagination afterwards, but now it's just your ordinary good game that you can put down and pick up easily ([personal] with the exception of IV which personally made me think "meh" afterwards and uninstall for Assassins Creed III space, heh[/personal]) - maybe all games have lost that forever due to complexity, I don't know. But I still have only played V a little, so perhaps I've yet to be won over (roll on PC!).

Spoiler

EDIT: just noticed how much I wrote, good luck people...

• NinjaWJ likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

@ CantThinkOfOne

Sorry bro, your bullsh*t opinion that story don't matter in GTA will forever be rebuffed by me. My position stays the same and written in stone. Both the story and gameplay are equally important in GTA. I have no need to explain why.
  • SFPD officer, theGTAking101 and Detective Phelps like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 16 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Nuh uh. Story> gameplay. Who the f*ck wants decent gameplay in a video game? They should be called "video stories" instead.

Then there is literally no point of any video game existing. In fact, the whole gaming industry wouldn't even be here if the gameplay wasn't good.  IV had the worst gameplay out of any GTA till date IMO, which is why it got so boring quickly.

It should have a balance. I'd say SA had the best balance because the story was decent and the gameplay was the best part.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I think somewhere down the line the GTA series lost it's root's , what I mean by this is what happened to the seedier side of the series? V to me is just about people wanting and making money it's more of a white collar crime story versus a darker story which IV had , I liked V when I played it same thing with San Andres but to me IV was pretty close to a game of this type should be.

• DrAnomalous likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Then there is literally no point of any video game existing. In fact, the whole gaming industry wouldn't even be here if the gameplay wasn't good. So please, keep your retarded opinion to yourself.

He's only joking. :p

It should have a balance.

I agree on this. Both gameplay and the storyline are equally important.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Lol, I can't tell if he's joking or not. Nothing hints at a joke being made. It's the internet.

Anyway, yes it needs a balance. They only got one part of the formula right with IV and that was the story. The gameplay went down the drain.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 16 March 2014 - 01:51 PM.

I thought the "Nuh uh" would be the give away.;)

Anyway I don't agree about IV's gameplay. For me it's actually one of the best parts of IV. The only thing I wish R* added was car customising.

I still play IV regularly and find its gameplay is nothing like what people describe as being "dull " or "boring", but everyone has their opinion.
  • gamerzworld, SFPD officer, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

You do realise that GTA V isn't the only game with more than one playable character, right? I still remember playing as that hitman in Scarface: the world is yours, by using the phone. You could also switch back to Tony. This was back in 2006.

Already made this argument somewhere in another endless topic of debate - "Monsters Inc: Scare Island", a PS game for kids even had two playable characters. All R* did was put a magnifying glass over the idea, and weirdly everyone sees it and thinks it's completely new.

V would have been better if it took everything good from IV and past GTAs instead of all the bad things from IV and other R* made games (Max Payne, Midnight Club) One of it's main problems is trying to appeal to the mainstream audience with features other games already have.

You're completely wrong. V took the best features from IV and previous GTA's, that's why it's called GTA V.... obviously taking the best features from all of the previous GTA's was R*'s idea - and as a huge team of skilled developers and people with experience in making games (especially their own games), I think they did a pretty damn good job. I think people who directly criticise a game company for decisions about their own game in the same way one might criticise a single parent for the way they raise their own child are really lacking in perspective.

The rest of what you said was nonsense, too, but I have only so much time :p

• Detective Phelps likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

You do realise that GTA V isn't the only game with more than one playable character, right? I still remember playing as that hitman in Scarface: the world is yours, by using the phone. You could also switch back to Tony. This was back in 2006.

Already made this argument somewhere in another endless topic of debate - "Monsters Inc: Scare Island", a PS game for kids even had two playable characters. All R* did was put a magnifying glass over the idea, and weirdly everyone sees it and thinks it's completely new.

But, according to Blood-is-in-Diamond, a self-confessed GTA fanboy, only GTA V can revolutionise and popularise, and that if GTA does something, it must be new!:lol:

On the gameplay, I completely agree. It's a shame that R* didn't do the same for the story, though. :p

Tobey Marshall
  • Tobey Marshall

Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

I feel that this is not going to end well 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Exactly,GTA 5 is part of the "GTA Family" and it entitled to re-used any gameplay element from the 3D and HD Era,that why it cant be called "SA 2.0" imo V Redefined most of the things GTA is know from and that includes the Interactivity with Strippers and according to GTA Wiki that date back to Vice City (circa.2002).So somepeople should stop slamming and hating on everything in V.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Exactly,GTA 5 is part of the "GTA Family" and it entitled to re-used any gameplay element from the 3D and HD Era,that why it cant be called "SA 2.0" imo V Redefined most of the things GTA is know from and that includes the Interactivity with Strippers and according to GTA Wiki that date back to Vice City (circa.2002).So somepeople should stop slamming and hating on everything in V.

What about the story? What do you think about it? What do you think about the mission "Masks" and that mission "Boiler suits"? What about Stretch only appearing in a few missions? What about the FIB missions, and the two heists that don't pay you at all (three if you include the bureau raid for Mike)?

The story and the low amount of missions are the only really bad things about the game. Other than that, the game is great!

• SFPD officer likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 March 2014 - 02:06 PM.

@LSPD
The Missions "Masks" and "Boiler Suit" are categories and "Set Up Missions" and yeah count as missions (and yeah i know those are ridiculous) but Most of the 69 Missions are Great and some of the Amazing Missions since the Start of the HD Era in 2008 (with IV) The Prologue alone is just so Enticing :)

tbh this thread wants to make me cry,cus i havent played the game in over a month :(

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Well, GTA V did have a better opening missions than IV, that's for sure. I liked jumping into the action in the beginning.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I have to say I had seriously massive expectations after doing the prologue. That was the best start to a game I have ever seen, seriously.

• NinjaWJ and Detective Phelps like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 March 2014 - 02:23 PM.

Well, GTA V did have a better opening missions than IV, that's for sure. I liked jumping into the action in the beginning.

The moment we saw Michael and Trevor,then Michael being hold at gunpoint with us having to swith to Trevor (and getting introduced to the Switching System) was Mindblowing and that alone got GTA 5 nominated for Game Innovation and winning Best Game Design :)

@FranklinDeRoosevelt
True bro :)
  • IDAS Leader likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 16 March 2014 - 04:03 PM.

Then there is literally no point of any video game existing. In fact, the whole gaming industry wouldn't even be here if the gameplay wasn't good.  IV had the worst gameplay out of any GTA till date IMO, which is why it got so boring quickly.

It should have a balance. I'd say SA had the best balance because the story was decent and the gameplay was the best part.

0AS2Dim.gif

I'm sorry, I've wanted to use that gif on this forum forever lol.

You know when SonOfLiberty says something, it's usually gonna be a joke, because his fanboyism and opinions are a joke  :evilgrin:

• Gantons Most Wanted, NinjaWJ and Sting4S like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:23 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 16 March 2014 - 04:24 PM.

GTA V wasn't the first.

Monsters Inc wasn't the first either...

In 2000 "Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters" had two playable characters: Bugs and Taz and each had unique abilities ;

the game can be played single-player, with the player having to switch between controlling Bugs and Taz throughout the game. Both characters need to be used to make use of their unique abilities

http://en.wikipedia....z:_Time_Busters

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

"Unique abilities". :lol:

Well, we can all agree on the fact that GTA V is not the first game with multiple protagonists.

If only IV had a switch system like V...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users