Am I in the wrong?

31 replies to this topic
ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

So early this week I decided that I was done with people messing with me and being all round jerks the way they are trying to kill you along with everything you love and such.

While playing with my new character I figured I might play some missions. Got into a game with a few dudes and proceeded to the objective. It should be noted that one of the players killed the other as I was driving. I believe the other was AFK (He ran him over). Anyway I get to the mission area and start hustling with the bad guys while the other player catches up.

He blows through and nearly kills me but I don't take much notice of it, everyone does that, or so it feels like. But then he goes for my car; gets in and starts driving away. Obviously I don't like that at all so I pop open the interaction menu and change the vehicle permission to no-one. He then starts shooting it with a shotgun so I book over to the car and just start plowing him over. By now I can tell this guys doesn't want to play the mission he just wants to grief people.

Well his buddy comes in after I had my fun and he starts trying to run me over(I'm out of the car now and am trying to fight the bad guys) By now my car has been destroyed and I jump into a nearby patriot and start ramming him. During this the other two guys get shot and go into spectator mode.

So now I got a sort of captive audience and I contemplate what I can do to really get under their skin. I figure I would start by flipping off the guy's dead body and ramming his car a good couple of times. Then I figured I'd just stand there and kind of waste their time, you know get a sandwich. Watch a movie, that sort of thing. I think I kept em a good 10-15 minutes.

Any way so they eventually leave and shortly after I get a smug little message telling me to have fun being reported.

I kind of giggled because these guys think I'm going to b banned for... I don't, wasting their time or something? So obviously they where hurt to the point of trying to take direct measures of taking me offline.

Bottom line is did I go too far? Honestly I can't really tell, I feel like these guys got what they had coming. What do you guys think? Oh and thanks for reading if you have made it this far! :)

• mmm chocolate, Bozzah, NegSpec13 and 2 others like this

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

I probably would have just quit the mission before things got that far.  I don't waste my time with people who want to waste mine.

• KingRyujin-- likes this

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

I usually do too, but as stated above. I kind a feel like I shouldn't have to deal with these things and just want to throw their crap right back at them. I'm just plain tired of taking the passive route and avoiding conflict.

Will it probably start some fires? Definitely. But that's something I'm ready for now.

I understand your point and I'm not saying your wrong. Quite the opposite, your suggestion is the most liable. I just got that spunky, take not sh!t attitude right now, its hard for me to explain.

JasonZN
  • JasonZN

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:25 AM Edited by JasonZN, 15 March 2014 - 05:34 AM.

Maybe leaving to make a sandwhich was a bit over the top, but hey I guessed they deserved it. I normally just as Queen-Rocks said leave before things get out of hand, but maybe they'll think twice before trying that to someone else(Probably not that's how some people have fun). Once again just a bit over the top with going AFK for 10-15minutes that's my opinion though I'm sure someone else will have a different one.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

when it happened to me I just did the mission, then went afk just before the yellow marker to finish it.

jasonkinnison
  • jasonkinnison

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

I think its awesome. Good job.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

similar thing happened to me in rooftop rumble

long story short, i ran both my team mates over until they bled out, got the package, drove to the waypoint, and stopped right infront of it, not delivering it

instead, i just stood their doing the docking gesture

eventually they got on their mics and started screaming at me, saying they wanted to beat me up in real life

funniest thing was they both sounded like they were still in middle school

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Good for you!!
Those pricks shouldn't get paid for being assholes and you finishing the mission for them!!
Should've put something on the action button and have you character do the dock or jerk constantly whilst making your sammich... :p

tmtakumi
  • tmtakumi

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Good for you!!
Those pricks shouldn't get paid for being assholes and you finishing the mission for them!!
Should've put something on the action button and have you character do the dock or jerk constantly whilst making your sammich... :p

Uhh...quick question. Who masturbates while making a sandwich? That's not a very safe thing to do while in the kitchen. O_O

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:37 AM Edited by Malibu454, 15 March 2014 - 08:37 AM.

Maybe he likes mayo on his sammich?
  • Adventureboy820 likes this

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

N7 Tested. Mother Approved.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

There goes the appetite.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

There goes the appetite.

here comes the appetite

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

They started that BS. Good for you. I don't mind messing around some but once your intent is clearly to f*ck everything up I show no mercy

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

You were right. I've done sort of the same thing. Once in Coveted, I was playing with another guy and he didnt help at all. Just stood at the start point. After I sniped almost every guy the other guy texts me "get the helicopter!" I killed him twice with the SUV to put him in spectator. But that's not enough because he'd still get the 18k, so I got the cargobob, picked up the crate, flew close to the drop point and then hovered for almost 20 minutes. I spent the time watching tv on my other tv and getting hilarious messages from the guy about how if I don't finish now he's going to report me. After all that I just dropped the crate to lose intentionally. Best waste of 20 minutes of my life.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by Vooodu, 15 March 2014 - 03:24 PM.

I get into bullsh*t all the time with monkeys.   Take the message they sent you as a GOLD star for great troll reversal.

You get points deducted for not following them back to free roam and trolling them futher tho...lol

Next time invite me..     Players love me, i get a ton of hate messages from trolls :D

• KingRyujin-- likes this

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Well thanks for the feedback guys. I don't normally do this kind of thing but lets just say I was a little eccentric last night.

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

There goes the appetite.

here comes the appetite

well at least he didnt say mustard (gonorrhea) lol

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

happened only once to me

did a high priority case with some random guy, he dies right at the beginning and then I died because he had the briefcase and was driving the car near cops so I get shot.

Then he was just cruising around, rerking off and just walking around

I left, because I first went AFK for about 5 minutes for a cig, but that guy just kept having fun on his own. 

I didn't want to waste my time on that because I was only able to spectate, if I was still alive I would have gotten a tank or something like that :)

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

There goes the appetite.

here comes the appetite

Or Jam (herpies) ;) :)

This might make me look bad, but i usually do random missions. In one mission I found a lazy sod (level 20). They mostly don't annoy me but It was It takes a thief and two people are definitely required to be active. I was in a pissy mood, made worse by the guys inactivity, worse again given he was the host. So I get the first car to simeon and go after the next, now before I do anything else I sticky the car, drive it to where this idiot is standing (on his phone), get out and let rip, killing him and the mission.

The47Finn
  • The47Finn

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Maybe they'll think twice before trying that to someone else

This. I think the OP's response was both funny and appropriate. I try and hand out lessons to people who I think deserve it. As I'm fairly bit older than most of the griefers (usually kids who shouldn't be playing the game in the first place) I have the experience of knowing what really, really, really pisses off people....

I don't always get it right though. Every now and again I am the one who ends up looking like a dick, but in this case I think Ringtone7 did well.

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Or you could stop bein a whiny birch. If you don't like other players attitude then f*ck off and play something else

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

I don't play with random people unless I meet them in free roam.  I suggest you play free roam normally with your mic on but muted and listen in on people and decide if they're the type of people you want to hang out with or not.  If they're cool people, ask them if they want to do missions for fast money.  Since you already know they're cool, you wont have to worry about potential griefing.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Or you could stop bein a whiny birch. If you don't like other players attitude then f*ck off and play something else

So you're the miserable f*cker nobody wants on a mission.

• MadHaTT3R, KingRyujin--, RandallFlagg00 and 1 other like this

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

So you're the miserable f*cker nobody wants on a mission.

Beat me to it :beerhat:

Ive had a few occasions of  things like this. In fact some friends and I have developed quite the ploy for these types of players and when executed is most enjoyable, for all but the troll :blink: . To see them  :panic: while being  :miranda: is much :lol: . 

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

All I want to know is how do you get the first part to happen. Trolls can be an unflappable bunch. 

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

There goes the appetite.
here comes the appetite
Or Jam (herpies) ;) :)

This might make me look bad, but i usually do random missions. In one mission I found a lazy sod (level 20). They mostly don't annoy me but It was It takes a thief and two people are definitely required to be active. I was in a pissy mood, made worse by the guys inactivity, worse again given he was the host. So I get the first car to simeon and go after the next, now before I do anything else I sticky the car, drive it to where this idiot is standing (on his phone), get out and let rip, killing him and the mission.
im done i was gonna say jiffy extra nutty p nut butter if he wanted to dump on your sammich but that cud was the end wow lmao i will never buy any tow of jam from now on lololol

Katastrophe
  • Katastrophe

Fun Size

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

I don't believe you went to far. You're far more patient then I am. I would have gotten sick of it and left. Assholes like that piss me off.

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by Rwande, 17 March 2014 - 05:47 PM.

f*ck-that-bitch-yao-ming.jpeg

you cared too much of what was happening there. you don't know them... don't care then. any mission can be done by 1 player in a few minutes. then if we're all out in freeroam i'd make it rain on them. until they choose the easy way out. just another reason to murder some f*cknuts endlessly.

also i don't give a sh*t about reporting me. people don't like to die and it's easy to report all sorts of bsh*t. just ignore it.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

i would simpy go to just before the yellow marker that signals the end of the mission and then go take a half hour nap

mareepx
  • mareepx

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Good job dude, they got what they deserved:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users