Quantcast

» «
Photo

Somehow skipped IV should I pick it up on steam sale?

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Steam sale purchase (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Steam sale Purchase

1. Yes (53 votes [92.98%])

Percentage of vote: 92.98%

2. No (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

So, I've played every GTA since like 2.. maybe even 1 I dont remember (never did the story of 1 tho, but free roamed for sure)... anyways... after San Andreas I kinda stopped and missed IV, kinda went with red dead instead.... Anyways.. there was so much hype on V i had to get it, and I am glad I did, the Multiplayer the singleplayer... all super dope. 

Now Steam has a sale for IV .... it AND expansions for like... 7 dollars... Tho Im not sure if ill play it or not. I REALLY want to get into some of the multiplayer modes like cops and crooks... but i keep hearing that ill find nothing but hackers.... anyways... Is it worth getting into for the 1st time at this point? opinions please? 

• TheOtherRyan likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Damn right you should get it.

• Gunslinger_GK and Black & White like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

You missed out on alot. If you had bought IV straight after playing San Andreas, you would of enjoyed it better. Seeing as you have bought GTA V and played it, you won't like it as much. The storyline is great, even better than GTA V (my opinion). You don't get as much options as GTA V.

• coach_wargo likes this

Ourumov
  • Ourumov

Gracie Ancelotti >

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

GTA IV is amazing, do yourself a favour and buy it :)

• Peregrin Brandytook, theGTAking101 and Crimie Marston like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

Holy sh*t. I haven't been on Steam for a while, thanks for making me look. LA Noire: Complete Edition for $7.50? GTA IV and its expansions for the same price? That's incredible.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:17 AM Edited by nobum62, 15 March 2014 - 01:21 AM.

You missed out motherf*cker. Do yourself a favour and buy gta iv and the expansions
  • TheOtherRyan and Peregrin Brandytook like this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

You missed out on alot. If you had bought IV straight after playing San Andreas, you would of enjoyed it better. Seeing as you have bought GTA V and played it, you won't like it as much. The storyline is great, even better than GTA V (my opinion). You don't get as much options as GTA V.

If anything, he will appreciate IV that much more after suffering through V's miserable storyline and crazy taxi physics.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

You should get it and play it with all the incredible mods that have been made for it.

It'll be like you're playing a completely different game in the end.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

BUY BUY BUY BUY!

Seriously, at the price it is on offer right now, get it.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

LC IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

I would say yes, definitetly get the game, especially at that price, heck I have even seen some shops still sell the game after 6 years since original release in 2008. 

Still fun (my opinion anyway) after these past 6 years. 

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Of course, don't miss it.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Put it like this if you don't get the game you're not welcome around these here parts ever again.
  • GroundZero, namor, theNGclan and 4 others like this

eluaah
  • eluaah

Mitch Baker

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Of course you should! Running around isn't quite as smooth as V and the shooting mechanics have been improved greatly in V but other than those two things I much prefer IV

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Is this even a question? Of course you should get it.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I think you should pick it up.

I think that GTA IV is a great game, and by buying it, as well as it's expansions, you will find a lot of fun and have a great overall experience.

It is also, really worth the money, get it while you can!

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Certainly, it's worth every cent.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yes, of course, but bear in mind that whereas GTA:SA and GTA V are mere games, GTA IV is an experience. Allow yourself to become immersed in the world, let the atmosphere of the various parts of the city wash over you and permeate your every pore. You aren't controlling Niko, GTA IV does something no other GTA has done before, you become Niko. In GTA IV the lines separating reality and video games blur and...sorry, got carried away there a little bit, but most of the folk on this forum know what I'm getting at.

• gunziness, Ledsbourne, word is bond and 1 other like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Keep in mind OP is looking to buy it on the PC. Yet no one has asked what kind of specs he has. Regardless if he can run other high-end games (we still don't know what kind of rig he has) IV might still run horribly.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Well i have a very high end rig so specs arnt a problem. The problem is I enjoy GTA Online more than V (Seeing them as 2 separate experiences). SP V I am not a fan of..the story makes no sense, is completely rushed and I built no attachment to any of the characters. My favorite STORY is Vice city... my favorite SANDBOX is gta San Andreas... my favorite expereince is Gta online.... Now.. I am MOST interested in some of the online modes like cops and crooks and sh*t problem is I have heard GTA IV is a hacked peice of sh*t online so i would only be buying it for the SP experience.... 

Thats -great- but I am not too big on SP games (having only finished like 5 of the games I have every bought and gone multiplayer for the rest of them) They have to have a really killer story. I feel like most of you are hinting at the "Get IV for the story" So I am down... just be honest, is the MP over tho? i mean for  7 bucks i shouldnt be caring but sh*t.. i might ALSO buy LA noire... and already got Max payne 3 so... its adding up cost wise... guess iam doing this vs la noire if it is purely on single player (if MP is hacked) 

Thanks for the input. 

Tobey Marshall
  • Tobey Marshall

Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by Tobey Marshall, 16 March 2014 - 07:22 AM.

You got a decent rig so what are you waiting for go get it

P.S get gta collection it's cheaper 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

IV has really good gameplay, outside of missions it's better than V. The physics/game mechanics, especially driving are superb!

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by Black & White, 16 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

If anything, he will appreciate IV that much more after suffering through V's miserable storyline and crazy taxi physics.

Sure, but you can't customize cars as much, driving on the bridges is chaos, you can't customize weapons, there isn't as much clothes as GTA V has, etc..

The missions are great. A solid storyline. Niko meets so many criminals and criminal organisations, such as the American Mob, the Chinese & Korean Mafia, the Bulgarian Syndicate, the Jewish Mob,  Irish gangs, the Russian Mafia, the Jamaican gangs, several Hispanic street gangs, many European gangs, African-American street gangs, the Angels of Death MC and Lost MC. GTA V didn't include many gangs or big organisations.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

GTA IV and its episodes are on Steam for seven bucks...

Seven. f*cking. Dollars, OP.

OP, I beat GTA 4 and Gay Tony three times on console, and TLaD 5 times...

But I still got it again for PC. Because dude... 

That's like paying thirty bucks for the Mona Lisa.

• Nonpareil1983 and Niobium like this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

Hey OP I was in the exact same boat and picked up the 4 (or 5?) cant remember gta's for $10. I just got finished modding 4 and COT DAYUM it looks incredible. Seriously unreal. Blows gta 5 out of the water. Mechanics feel a little wonky but well worth it IMO. I'll help you with the mods if you go that route as well

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Definitely get it, much better than GTA V.

• TheOtherRyan and Drunken Cowboy like this

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

Best game in the series, much better than V in my opinion, driving, story, characters, city, police, everything is better

• Nonpareil1983 and Black & White like this

PacketOverload
  • PacketOverload

Graphics Whore

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Please, do yourself a huge favor and download a really good ENB, like Icenhancer 2.1 or wait for icenhancer 2.5, Schakusa's ENB, replace the strippers with hi-res female peds from ac.amir, mod the sounds to whelen sounds, new weapon sound mod (CES Realistic Sounds), add a couple of the new GTA V cars and then play it. 

I wish the modding was available when I first played IV. Although, it's still an awesome game and engine even today. 

-Packet

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Ofc get it. But the mp is well..... helichopter kill zone.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Put it like this if you don't get the game you're not welcome around these here parts ever again.

We don't like their types around here. :lol:

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

Well I can see 3 trolls voted on this poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users