Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I figured I'd try out the cheat codes... wtf?

134 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

If I recall once cheats were used in RDR you WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE.

It turned the autosave off and marked your manual save file with an asterisk  

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

I gave up on cheats a long time ago. I died every single way possible in GTA V, now I have a save edited with perma-godmode enabled until the story DLC gets announced.

Yeah?  Does that work on the editor?  If you activate God Mode it STAYS like that?  Or once you save the game, like in GTA IV with God Mode from the Red-EyeX32 editor, it goes back to normal health/armor?

Or is it just when you click "Save" on the editor and bring your save back onto PS3/Xbox that is what you're using and not saving over top of that?

If you switch characters it will eventually undo the god mode.

• Militia likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

If I recall once cheats were used in RDR you WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE.

Look it up.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Forget trying to do it while driving. Most of them include the "Y" button, which translates to jump out and die.

You can activate them in Pause menu  :bored:

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

I gave up on cheats a long time ago. I died every single way possible in GTA V, now I have a save edited with perma-godmode enabled until the story DLC gets announced.

Yeah?  Does that work on the editor?  If you activate God Mode it STAYS like that?  Or once you save the game, like in GTA IV with God Mode from the Red-EyeX32 editor, it goes back to normal health/armor?

Or is it just when you click "Save" on the editor and bring your save back onto PS3/Xbox that is what you're using and not saving over top of that?

If you switch characters it will eventually undo the god mode.

Yeah, switching characters, saving, or going into a mission usually will remove God Mode I'd imagine.  Thanks for clarifying, nonetheless.

I never used God Mode, cuz I feel like a God driving my Bulletproof Police Riot around with Bulletproof Tires included, lol.  I sometimes get shot at and lose a SMALL bit of my armor, but not much.  One of my favorite vehicles in GTA V other than the Turismo R and Carbonizzare, lol

• Bonnano likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Well that was from memory since I last played the game, I went to look it up and saving with cheat permanently marks it as a  ''Cheat-save''.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Well that was from memory since I last played the game, I went to look it up and saving with cheat permanently marks it as a  ''Cheat-save''.

I don't own RDR..Yet..

But this is why I don't use cheats period in ANY GTA game.  The game recognizes you used cheats and back in GTA III and Vice City, it'd lock you out of 100% if you used them.  So I just follow suit and NOT use cheat codes since III.  Never typed any of them in to date in III, VC, SA, IV, or V.

And the only "cheating" I use in V is a save editor, but this edits your save, doesn't type in "cheat codes" which mark your game in the stats with "Cheat Codes Activated."

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Red Dead locks your trophies on the cheat file. You can still get 100%, but then you don't get the trophy for doing it. (Note: I have the trophy)   

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Forget trying to do it while driving. Most of them include the "Y" button, which translates to jump out and die.

You can activate them in Pause menu  :bored:

Not everyone knows that, and I just found this out myself several months after I had gotten the game, I feel like a total retard now.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Red Dead locks your trophies on the cheat file. You can still get 100%, but then you don't get the trophy for doing it. (Note: I have the trophy)   

Even still, it's just "tradition" for me to not use cheats in Rockstar's GTA games, so I wouldn't in RDR, either whenever I get it.

Imo, most people are using cheats cuz the game might be "too hard" for them.  Some are using them just cuz of the "fun," though.  I still won't use them for any reasons.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

To everyone complaining, Rockstar must have had a reason to go back to the original way of entering them. 

The reason is that they have some people at Rockstar who make dumb decisions.  For example:

- They decided to remove the ability to leave car engines running.

- They decided to remove the ability to target specific body parts.  Shoot an enemy's leg and he still runs away like nothing happened.

- They decided to remove the ability to crouch.

- They decided to let cop cars catch up to super cars travelling at top speed and ram them from behind.

- They decided to give you a wanted level for crimes that nobody witnessed.

• Cutter De Blanc and Niobium like this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

- They decided to remove the ability to leave car engines running.

Actually, there's a way to do this, simply shoot any gun and get in the car right away, and as soon as the car turns on, get out and the car should still be running. So they didn't remove the ability to do it, they just made it trickier.

GtaivCop
  • GtaivCop

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

I prefer health restore in GTA IV as opposed to invincibility. Still means there is challenge.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

I prefer health restore in GTA IV as opposed to invincibility. Still means there is challenge.

The health restore cheat is here too. And why does someone who wants challenge use cheats anyways? I though you guys wanted to be "Hardcore" or some sh*t.

GtaivCop
  • GtaivCop

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Well me personally using god mode would get boring pretty quick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users