Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I figured I'd try out the cheat codes... wtf?

134 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Welp, looks like I'm in for one hell of a time. Because the game is IMPOSSIBLE to me without cheats. (VC) I HATE those hatians, they gun you down within a matter of seconds. Also, f*ck those Mafia guys in GTA III, one shot to your car with a shotgun, and YOU'RE DEAD! San Andreas is the easiest out of the three.

I thought SA and III were harder as they took longer for me to 100% complete.  VC took only about 5-8 days.  III took about 2 weeks, and SA took a good month.  Did these three games back in 2007 with a friend during the Summer.

The Mafia guys carrying shotguns is NOTHING compared to when you get 5 stars and the FBI Kuruma comes out, or 6 stars when the Rhino Tank comes out.  Those guys blow you away in quicker time than the Mafia.  And the Mafia is only in a SMALL portion of the map in Portland.  Go to Shoreside Vale, you got the Cartel there with high powered assault weapons, too.  Also the Triads with handguns and bats in Portland, too.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

San Andreas is the easiest out of the three.

I find it hilarious how one of the easiest GTA's happens to have the biggest cheat code list.

I find it hilarious that GTA V is the easiest GTA to date, even without cheats compared to all the other games, and barely has any cheats that are worth using, well except for the invincibility cheat, it's somewhat useful.

TL;DR :  GTA V is easy without cheats and the most easiest to date.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, I also think V is the easiest game to date to 100%.  The cops are more aggressive, but are pretty easy to handle, though once you learn how they act in this game.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

San Andreas is the easiest out of the three.

I find it hilarious how one of the easiest GTA's happens to have the biggest cheat code list.

I find it hilarious that GTA V is the easiest GTA to date, even without cheats compared to all the other games, and barely has any cheats that are worth using, well except for the invincibility cheat, it's somewhat useful.

TL;DR :  GTA V is easy without cheats and the most easiest to date.

Exactly, but I still say SA is at least in the top 5. It's also why I never bother to use cheats on missions, and only use them in free roam when I feel like screwing with the peds and cops.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

I think the difficulty of any game is very subjective.

People make some good points about convenience for IV's system, but cheats aren't really supposed to be convenient... they're cheats. And in this days generation of gaming, cheats don't really fit in as well as they used to. But button cheats are at least more at your fingertips and cheat-y than some stuff through a UI - but it's nowhere near as bad as the concept of unlockable cheats in my opinion...

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, I also think V is the easiest game to date to 100%.  The cops are more aggressive, but are pretty easy to handle, though once you learn how they act in this game.

Agreed. I haven't even really gone out of my way to get to 100%, and I'm already at 80%
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

I think the difficulty of any game is very subjective.

People make some good points about convenience for IV's system, but cheats aren't really supposed to be convenient... they're cheats. And in this days generation of gaming, cheats don't really fit in as well as they used to. But button cheats are at least more at your fingertips and cheat-y than some stuff through a UI - but it's nowhere near as bad as the concept of unlockable cheats in my opinion...

I'd argue that if one is cheating for either fun or to make the game easier making them more inconvenient to enter is directly counter-intuitive to that purpose. 

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:33 PM Edited by dave4242, 14 March 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Sorry but the cheat codes can be entered in 2 seconds, just like the GTAs of old, and they can be done from the pause menu. Maybe this game isnt for you.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Not all of us have the memory of a supercomputer. I have to locate and look at my cheat sheet everytime I  want to use them. Doesn't help that they're disabled everytime you die. The only one I know by heart is the lower wanted level code

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

I think the cheat codes in this game are pathetic. Even the invincibility cheat is only for a limited time, that right there kills the purpose of the cheat.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 14 March 2014 - 11:49 PM.

The only cheat I really want back in a future GTA is the pedestrian riot (with weapons). Total chaos and endless fun.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:52 PM Edited by Distrom, 14 March 2014 - 11:52 PM.

You can put the cheat again right after the timer ends, the timer is kind of useless then.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Conrad Tokyo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

You can put the cheat again right after the timer ends, the timer is kind of useless then.

And that begs the question, why even put a timer on it in the first place? 

• Zee and Cutter De Blanc like this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

Doesn't help that they're disabled everytime you die.

They're also automatically disabled if you go into a 24/7 store and go up to one of the cash registers that says "Press right on D-Pad to empty cash register" or something like that.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

i like that they wen't to the input combination straight in this means on pc we get the classic

type in hesoyam and done yay

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by Mosin Nagant 91/30, 15 March 2014 - 12:54 AM.

I still don't get how you're defending this crap.

Its a step backwards! Its too complicated and takes too much time. And who the f*ck can remember all these f*cking cheats?

You're telling me having a list on your phone that specifically states "Full Health", "Spawn Buzzard", ect ect ect is better than stopping what you're doing, pausing the f*ckin game to look at a piece of paper, and mashing a bunch of complicated button sequences is better???
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 15 March 2014 - 01:43 AM.

I still don't get how you're defending this crap.

Its a step backwards! Its too complicated and takes too much time. And who the f*ck can remember all these f*cking cheats?

You're telling me having a list on your phone that specifically states "Full Health", "Spawn Buzzard", ect ect ect is better than stopping what you're doing, pausing the f*ckin game to look at a piece of paper, and mashing a bunch of complicated button sequences is better???

Well unless you were born and started playing games in the past 5 years, then that's how I remember cheats working.

And get this, right - eventually your brain can even REMEMBER some of them.

Besides I don't think anyone's trying to tell you it's considerably 'better' - we're more or less wondering what the f*ck you expected to gain by coming on here to bitch about it.

Stop being such a spoiled twit.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

So after completing the (god awful) story mode twice and exploring the whole bland map and getting absolutely sick of the overpowered cops and horrible wanted system, I thought "hey, I'm sure this game has cheats just like all the other GTAs! Let's try em out!" Because, you know, I felt like having fun and going on a good ole fashioned rampage.

Oh... how mistaken I was.

I remember the cheat codes very well in Grand Theft Auto 4 & I thought that that was an awesome idea how they were implemented: automatically available from the phone at a simple push of a button, after entering the number once. So naturally I assumed the same would apply to this "game". No. They took a major step backwards. Not just a step, they took a whole f*cking cross country drive backwards. Now we are back to entering an extremely complicated code on the controller, EVERY TIME we wish to use the cheat. Forget trying to do it while driving. Most of them include the "Y" button, which translates to jump out and die.

Now, let's talk about the cheats themselves. Invincibility, awesome. Glad its there. Even IV lacked that. Oh, but wait, it only lasts for FIVE f*ckING MINUTES. Completely worthless. What about the wanted cheats? One star at a time, each time requiring you to tap the D-pad like a moron. Again, a major pain in the ass.

Remember GTA III and that awesome riot cheat, where all the pedestrians would go batsh*t crazy and pretty much start a civil war? I was so disappointed not to see that in IV, and considering what a horribly bland and boring experience GTA V is, I honestly wasn't supprised it was not included.

So thats it. The cheats, which have been a trademark of the awesome fun rampages GTA has been known for, were crumpled up and sh*t on by R*, who in turn handed them to us and said "here... now piss off."

look at all the people who fell for this troll

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

I'm not trolling anything. Just giving my opinion and complaining about a stupid feature or should I say non-feature.

After 2 story play throughs I realized how sh*tty singleplayer free roam is. Absolutely no fun at all and its only compounded by these pain in the ass cheat codes that aren't even worth the effort to enter. Oh boy... 5 mins of invincibility. Gee thanks. They don't even work in missions, but god forbid we have a little fun in free roam right?

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Cheat codes suck compared to a trainer on the PC anyway.

But the cheats in GTA have gone downhill ever since SA. What happened to literally 50+ codes, there's literally zero reason to not have them.

• Mosin Nagant 91/30 likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

Sorry but if you enter one of the codes 5 times you will have it nailed into your muscle memory. Unless of course you are not human.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

It was a stupid decision by Rockstar not to let you save the cheats and access them from the phone or pause menu.  Nobody is going to memorize 30 push button codes and it's annoying to have to stop playing and look up each code.  Also, some of the cheats use the right trigger or left bumper which causes you to fire guns which causes you to get a wanted level and then you have to enter the remove wanted level cheat. 

The 5 minute limit on invincibility is beyond stupid.  I really want to know who was the idiot who made that decision.  Cheats are about having fun.  Why make it less fun?

• Cutter De Blanc, Niobium and Mosin Nagant 91/30 like this

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

It was a stupid decision by Rockstar not to let you save the cheats and access them from the phone or pause menu.  Nobody is going to memorize 30 push button codes and it's annoying to have to stop playing and look up each code.  Also, some of the cheats use the right trigger or left bumper which causes you to fire guns which causes you to get a wanted level and then you have to enter the remove wanted level cheat. 

The 5 minute limit on invincibility is beyond stupid.  I really want to know who was the idiot who made that decision.  Cheats are about having fun.  Why make it less fun?

I completely agree with you. If they had to put a timer in, for some odd reason, it should at least last for one hour. I wouldn't mind entering the cheat once per hour.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

Why make it less fun?

I ask myself that everytime I play singleplayer. Then I remember how sh*tty the singleplayer is, and that's its basically a combat tutorial for GTA:Online and nothing else.

They really ruined SP free roam. Its not fun at all.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 15 March 2014 - 03:56 PM.

Why make it less fun?

I ask myself that everytime I play singleplayer. Then I remember how sh*tty the singleplayer is, and that's its basically a combat tutorial for GTA:Online and nothing else.

They really ruined SP free roam. Its not fun at all.

Each person has their own view of 'free roam'. To you, it's about the lights and action. You want to go on a crazy spree with awesome cool epic cheat codes like the old GTAs. I get that. That is a fun thing to do sometimes. But for me, I see nothing wrong with free roam in V. It might have been nice to have some better cheats in the game but one of my favorite parts of the game is to explore(on foot and car) the map. So I see it as anything but bland as you described it. I do agree with you on some parts like the cops being too accurate and the wanted level system being annoying.

• ten-a-penny likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

So after completing the (god awful) story mode twice and exploring the whole bland map

Really???

I wouldn't call the map "bland" and I wouldn't call the storyline "god awful" are you sure you're playing the same game??? :/

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Hustler

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

hey guys modify your console and use trainers XD if you want use cheats or god mode

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Ha Thats funny, I did the exact same thing, I figured "hey, this game is a peice of f*cking sh*t, why don't I try some cheats and see if that changes anything" so I punched in the invincibilty cheat code and found out they decided to take the fun outta that aswell by putting time limits on 'em... It's sad what a bunch of f*cking clowns R* have become they must've finally lost it after all these years, either that or they've resorted to trolling us now, either way the future of GTA isn't looking too good.

• Zee likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

hey guys modify your console and use trainers XD if you want use cheats or god mode

You don't even have to do that.  Just download the Hazard Save Editor and activate God Mode.  It's not that difficult.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

You don't even have to do that.  Just download the Hazard Save Editor and activate God Mode.  It's not that difficult.

Not everyone has a PC or can afford one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users