Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I figured I'd try out the cheat codes... wtf?

134 replies to this topic
The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by The Milkman, 14 March 2014 - 04:08 PM.

I agree with what you say about cheatcodes. It's the wanted level cheat that annoys me sometimes.

One star left, trying to enter the cheat again but the sh*tty Xbox gamepad registers a "down" on the d-pad and I gained a second star again.

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

phone cheats were f*cking annoying,,,anytime u got shot once or bumped you put your phone away.  and here's another thing dumba$$, it took more time and almost as many button presses to enter in the codes with the phone,,

only difference is that button cheats you dont get interrupted when ur shot and phone cheats you do....you obviously havent played GTA prior to 4.  Maybe u should go play saints row or some other garbage

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 14 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

IV had terribad cheats, but at least they were saved in the phone. I loved being able to repair my vehicle or lose the cops on the fly. Yeah, it was annoying that the protagonist would put the phone away if shot, but V fixed that problem anyway. Button cheats were quite fun in 3D Era (I still remember some of the combinations), but I can't wrap my head around R*'s decision to go back to them. Phone cheats are so much more convenient. So what if they are not as iconic as R1-R2-L1-X-Left-Down-Right-Up-Left-Down-Right-Up.

Otherwise, I don't think V's cheat selection is that bad. Flying cars cheat would be welcome, but I can live without it.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I've never seen someone so mad.. if you don't like the game then don't play it.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, the cellphone/RDR type cheat input was better, but you CAN pause and type them in. With that said, Trevor+hockey mask+invincibility+fast run+super jump+exploding melee+exploding bullets= the perfect f*cking rampage. Jumping from building to building, blowing helicopters out of the sky with a mini gun, destroying cop cars with a punch; COME ON.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Beauty Is Pain

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Someone is mad. Seriously, button cheats are better than phone cheats by a mile imo.

You're f*cking stupid. In a mater of seconds I could apply full armor, increase or decrease my wanted level, repair my vehicle, and spawn a f*cking boat on the road (why not?) all while speeding away from the LCPD before I could enter a single one of these horrible 1990s style codes, which by the way, I can't f*cking remember so I have to look at a f*ckin screenshot on my RL cellphone.

Take R*s cock out of your mouth, spit out that pre-cum, and open your f*cking eyes you blind fan girl.

Wow, you are mad. I wasn't even being rude. By the way, I did say in my opinion, which means it may not necessarily be your opinion, or everyone elses. How about you go to your bathroom, open the cupboard and chuck on some butthurt cream.
butthurt-cream.dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcr

"Getting butt hurt doesn't make your argument valid".
Only valid thing here is how we input cheats is awful. Phone cheats are better. So I don't use cheats. But yeah, this seems like another rant thread.

Yeah, the cellphone/RDR type cheat input was better, but you CAN pause and type them in. With that said, Trevor+hockey mask+invincibility+fast run+super jump+exploding melee+exploding bullets= the perfect f*cking rampage. Jumping from building to building, blowing helicopters out of the sky with a mini gun, destroying cop cars with a punch; COME ON.

Gotta try that.

IV had terribad cheats, but at least they were saved in the phone. I loved being able to repair my vehicle or lose the cops on the fly. Yeah, it was annoying that the protagonist would put the phone away if shot, but V fixed that problem anyway. Button cheats were quite fun in 3D Era (I still remember some of the combinations), but I can't wrap my head around R*'s decision to go back to them. Phone cheats are so much more convenient. So what if they are not as iconic as R1-R2-L1-X-Left-Down-Right-Up-Left-Down-Right-Up.

Otherwise, I don't think V's cheat selection is that bad. Flying cars cheat would be welcome, but I can live without it.

Completely agree.

CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1
  • CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1, 14 March 2014 - 05:09 PM.

GTA V feels like it's made by a bunch of nerdy bisexual nerds...

Nerdy nerds...do we know any other type?

• Raiden雷電, GameHacker666, franklinrocksdude and 2 others like this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

i agree with OP on the 5 minute bullsh*t. wtf is that all about. just about get the entire police and army after me and time runs out, and i'm dead. 

if they don't put riot mode in at least make the invincibility infinite, i means fcuking 5 minutes, then pause and re-enter the damn line again.

vexes me right off.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I prefer having them as button presses, instead of scrolling through your phone not looking at what you're doing. You can also memorise them and get most of them executed in a second, unless the d-pad decides to be unresponsive; so in the middle of a shoot-out, you can activate invincibility almost instantly instead of putting your phone away from getting shot and taking a few seconds longer.

Do wish there was a wider variety of cheats, though. 

Also OP seems to have learnt adjectives in school today, congratulations. Masterful oversaturation.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Well, besides the fact that real-time button-activated cheats were one of the most fun things about the 3D GTA series (who didn't love the thrill of trying to enter the health cheat repeatedly in order to give yourself enough time to roll your flipped car back onto its wheels?) they were also never only one combination. There were hundreds of thousands of codes - different amounts for different cheats. The way it works is by using a hash of the input instead of just checking it against something, which means there's bound to be a lot of collisions for each hash, which is a common method as it means the pure original cheat code isn't obvious by looking through the executable, making it harder to discover individual cheat codes.

My point is, if V uses the same hashing system (which I have no reason to believe that R* wouldn't have done - if they didn't, then that is indeed pretty silly) then you're not restricted to one combination, so your complaints about the code including the enter/exit vehicle button should actually be directed to wherever your source for the cheat codes are - probably an unofficial GTA fansite, eh? It's tricky to tell which codes R* used originally (not impossible though - I did such deductions during my "Tactile Cheat Activation" mod for GTASA).

I didn't like the IV cheat system (never even thought about using it) because the great thing about button-activated cheats is tactile response. You don't have to remember a number, or store your own little cheat menu, but you just know how to activate the cheats you most use. I guess it might be nostalgia, but idea of having to 'learn' your dirty cheats seems natural to me. I definitely think it also helped make GTA's cheat system one of the most fun cheat systems in any game I can think of with cheats (and not much interesting comes to mind). But I've not tried V's cheat system either (not having the game kinda contributes there) - but when it comes to PC it will hopefully be text-based, because having to remember some random numbers and enter them into the annoying in game phone instead of simple words would be so annoying...

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

So after completing the (god awful) story mode twice and exploring the whole bland map 

Stop being a whiner. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Dumbass thread. That said, I prefer phone cheats as they are far more convenient.
  • CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1 and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Dumbass thread. That said, I prefer phone cheats as they are far more convenient.

Exactly.

I don't even bother with cheats due to in the 3D era/PS2 era on GTA III, Vice City, and I believe San Andreas as well, if you used cheats, the game would lock you out from 100% completion.  100% completion is a big thing to me with the GTA games, so since the beginning I haven't been using ANY cheats, not even to mess around with AFTER 100% completion.  I am also a Stats Nut, so I like my Stats to be 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Cheat Codes Activated, etc...

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

GREAT THREAD OP! I've been hoping to see a thread discussing the cheats in this game, I've been wondering why we haven't had one yet...

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Exactly.

I don't even bother with cheats due to in the 3D era/PS2 era on GTA III, Vice City, and I believe San Andreas as well, if you used cheats, the game would lock you out from 100% completion.  100% completion is a big thing to me with the GTA games, so since the beginning I haven't been using ANY cheats, not even to mess around with AFTER 100% completion.  I am also a Stats Nut, so I like my Stats to be 0 Deaths, 0 Times Busted, 0 Cheat Codes Activated, etc...

You can edit those in Horizon.  :whistle: 

Anyways, while I think the cheats in this game are lacking, I still think some of them are kind of fun, like the flaming bullets one. If I really wanna play a GTA with Pedestrian Riot and all that, I would just turn on my copy of SA.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2014 - 06:56 PM.

^^^Yeah, you can edit stats in the Hazard save editor I also use, but I like to have a clean game when it comes to stats.  Gives me an actual challenge without this invincibility nonsense.  Also Horizon is only for Xbox, I am on PS3.  Hazard editor is for BOTH consoles.  It's a lot better, imo.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

How can any of you like these f*cking long ass complicated button cheats???

IV you entered a phone number once, then it was saved forever. It took literally 2 seconds to activate a whole arsenal of cheat codes, whearas in this bullsh*t game you have to remember all this rediculous nonsense.

Oh, trying to stay in cover? Too bad, this cheat will make you stand up or vault over that wall, or both. Or jump out of your speeding car. Or fire your f*cking weapon!!!

Its goddamn retarded and y'all known it.Entering cheats in the pause menu? Well god forbid the back button is a part of the code. Chase guesz what? You ain't paused no mo'

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

^^^Yeah, you can edit stats in the Hazard save editor I also use, but I like to have a clean game when it comes to stats.  Gives me an actual challenge without this invincibility nonsense.  Also Horizon is only for Xbox, I am on PS3.  Hazard editor is for BOTH consoles.  It's a lot better, imo.

I actually use both.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

I actually use both.

I hate going off topic, but what does Horizon have that Hazard does not have?  I believe Hazard has EVERYTHING Horizon has...And then some like vehicle editing/spawning/storing, etc...

I can't use Horizon anyways as it's only compatible with Xbox, but I was just wondering what it has to offer over Hazard's editor?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

I actually use both.

I hate going off topic, but what does Horizon have that Hazard does not have?  I believe Hazard has EVERYTHING Horizon has...And then some like vehicle editing/spawning/storing, etc...

I can't use Horizon anyways as it's only compatible with Xbox, but I was just wondering what it has to offer over Hazard's editor?

I believe the only difference is that Horizon has a value editor for weapons and missions, unless I didn't come across them in Hazard.

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

The last time I used a GTA cheat code was in early 2002. GTA3 had came out and taken the world by storm, but I didn't give a crap. My best friend was obsessed with it and he made it his mission in life to get me on board. He loaned me his copy... more like he forced me to borrow it. I figured I'd at least try it, if only just to shut him up. A few days later he asked me how I was liking it. I said "Eh... it's pretty boring. Like I thought it would be." "Well, what are you doing, how are you playing it?" "I dunno, just... playing it. Doing the missions." No! No, no, no no no! No wonder you don't like it! The missions suck, just ignore them! Just run around causing as much mayhem as possible, kill as many cops as you can, blow up cars and helicopters and s**t! Here, I'll give you the cheat codes." So the next time I played it, I tried using cheat codes... and this made the game even MORE boring to me. It amazes me that anyone could find GTA to be entertaining like that for more than 5 minutes. I like lowbrow entertainment, but that goes beyond lowbrow and into straight up full retard. Whatever floats your boat, holmes.

P.S. It took a long time and many re-starts, but eventually I learned to love GTA3 and that was the beginning of my love affair that continues to this day. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

I believe the only difference is that Horizon has a value editor for weapons and missions, unless I didn't come across them in Hazard.

You can use Hazard for weapons, too.  It's in the "Character" tab of the editor.  It allows you to get all weapons, max ammo, and all attachments.  And the Missions are in Hazard, too.  You can even get all Gold in his editor...

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

You can use Hazard for weapons, too.  It's in the "Character" tab of the editor.  It allows you to get all weapons, max ammo, and all attachments.  And the Missions are in Hazard, too.  You can even get all Gold in his editor...

I'm talking more about weapons you probably aren't supposed to even have, like the shovel and wrench in that picture I posted a while ago, I found that in Horizon along with the hammer and bullpup shotgun that only comes in the collector's edition. (Though I'd hate to activate them and corrupt my game)

However I actually only use Horizon to extract my save to edit it through Hazard, then once I'm done I inject the file back into my USB through Horizon. (I know I don't need Horizon for that, but if I mess up, I simply delete the file and re-extract)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

^^^, That's neat, I didn't know that about the weapons.  There is enough weapons in the game, anyways.  I don't really care about having more, lol

Yeah, was gonna say, Hazard does all that for you, you don't need Horizon to extract it, etc.  Hazard also makes a backup and you can simply just copy the save from your USB onto your PC and if something goes wrong with the USB save, you have a backup.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

it's dark in some places, but sunny everywhere else

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by Wheatley, 14 March 2014 - 07:27 PM.

I see no problem with button input cheats. They've been done in every GTA except for IV. Once you input them a few times they become part of your muscle memory, I even remember the cheats for both the PC versions and console versions of the all the GTA games that button input cheats. 

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 14 March 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Well back on-topic, I already remember about a dozen cheats off the top of my head, so inputting them when I want to use them really isn't that big of a deal to me, even the most complex ones I can enter in like, 3-4 seconds so to me, it's just as easy as IV's method of inputting cheats. I know not everyone will agree with me, but I have no problem with them. (Funny enough, I remember them better when I enter them quickly versus more slowly, and without needing to look at the controller)

• ten-a-penny and MetalMilitia89 like this

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

Exactly.

Um using cheats doesn't prevent you from getting 100% in SA, or any of the other games, I've gotten 100% in SA by using cheats in the past and it worked.  I believe it's certain cheat you are referring to, like the peds riot  cheat, which can definitely prevent you from getting 100% because it disables the pizza boy missions, so if you save with that cheat activated, I think it disables those missions entirely, I THINK, not sure. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Um using cheats doesn't prevent you from getting 100% in SA, or any of the other games, I've gotten 100% in SA by using cheats in the past and it worked.  I believe it's certain cheat you are referring to, like the peds riot  cheat, which can definitely prevent you from getting 100% because it disables the pizza boy missions, so if you save with that cheat activated, I think it disables those missions entirely, I THINK, not sure. 

Yes it does.  Lol, and if you read, I said "I believe" which was implying I think, but wasn't sure about SA.  I know for a million % sure that in III and VC, you cannot reach 100% completion if you use cheats.  Check sources Online, they all say that, too...

You might be right, though, it might be only SOME of the cheats, but still.  I don't need to use them and think they are pretty stupid and taking the fun out of the game (Invincibility)

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yes it does.  Lol, and if you read, I said "I believe" which was implying I think, but wasn't sure about SA.  I know for a million % sure that in III and VC, you cannot reach 100% completion if you use cheats.  Check sources Online, they all say that, too...

Welp, looks like I'm in for one hell of a time. Because the game is IMPOSSIBLE to me without cheats. (VC) I HATE those hatians, they gun you down within a matter of seconds. Also, f*ck those Mafia guys in GTA III, one shot to your car with a shotgun, and YOU'RE DEAD! San Andreas is the easiest out of the three.

• ten-a-penny likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

San Andreas is the easiest out of the three.

I find it hilarious how one of the easiest GTA's happens to have the biggest cheat code list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users