Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mics in Online - Yea/Nay

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Mics in GTA:O (164 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use a mic in GTA:O?

1. Yes (100 votes [60.98%])

Percentage of vote: 60.98%

2. No (64 votes [39.02%])

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

What reasons most motivate your decision to use/not use?

1. Use - Ability to communicate with others for meet ups or random events (65 votes [26.10%])

Percentage of vote: 26.10%

2. Use - Abilty to harass/troll others (28 votes [11.24%])

Percentage of vote: 11.24%

3. Use - Ability to interact in a generally positve way with others (74 votes [29.72%])

Percentage of vote: 29.72%

4. Not Use - Price of mic not worth it (11 votes [4.42%])

Percentage of vote: 4.42%

5. Not Use - Don't want to get harrased/witness others get harassed (24 votes [9.64%])

Percentage of vote: 9.64%

6. Not Use - Don't have any interest in interaction beyond silent in-game (47 votes [18.88%])

Percentage of vote: 18.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

How can that possibly be true just look at how cool and badass I am  :catloaf:

Nah, you're always exposing my odd glitches seconds later.... I hate you.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

How can that possibly be true just look at how cool and badass I am  :catloaf:

Nah, you're always exposing my odd glitches seconds later.... I hate you.

Don't blame me for being able to see through your codenames.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

I have used my mic all of three times when playing GTA Online, since it's release. Only one of those was outside of party chat and almost instantly regretted it.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Mic, always.

The end.

Xxslick1GP
  • Xxslick1GP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Its fun to message those annoying a*s kids things like "Better run mofo" or "Im coming after you little bi*tch". They start going CRAZYYY on mic.

Its so funny im like that movie The Mask, "SOMEBODY STOP MEH!!!" tumblr_m931lgSEH51qzuqe9.jpg

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

I was in Los Santos connection and some guy kept telling me he was going to rape me.

It was kinda funny so I kept listening then he invited me to his session so I joined and he was rank 650 and there were like 5 other people with illegitimately high ranks...

snake83
  • snake83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

I use mine a little but usually just to listen to people i don't really talk much myself. Its so i can hear if (rarely) someone does talk but still hear the actual game.
I will talk occasionally, if i meet someobe else with a mic who isnt a total douche. Or to reply when some 8 year old can't handle losing and resorts to saying "suck my dick" or whatever. I will reply then.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

The main reason why I don't use a mic with randoms is because usually you have to speak English and that means I either have to focus on speaking English, or sound like a Russian with down syndrome and a giant tongue.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I do have a headset (Tritton Kunai) but i don't know where the mic is, besides i don't want to be harassed over my low unclear voice :(  

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

I use a mic when on with friends (party chat only)..

When i'm on line with out friends never....

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

No mic. If i feel the need to socialize i'll talk to people IRL in person. 99,9% of all mic users are annoying as f*ck.

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

people who use mics always make other people annoy,and perhaps get killed fast.

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I have a mic and sometimes use it when other people sound mature and friendly. Usually it's either kids making noise for the hell of it, people playing the ingame radio through the mic, random background noise or a group of friends exclusively talking to each other.

Before I figured out how to turn off voice chat, there was this one race in which this young kid was singing/rapping that annoying "you aint gotta like it cause the hood gone love it" song throughout the whole race in his squeeky kid's voice. I really wish parents would not allow their 12-year-olds to play GTA. 

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

I use one but I'm usually in party chat.

Ditto most of my play time. If I am alone and in pub I'll turn on chat and mute the mic. I've met a few good players but rather than all the squeakers etc.. the lobbies I get are usually silent.

Hmm, what I would pick isn't on the list.  I use my mic to listen in on people who are ganging up on people or just trying to kill people in general.  I use what they're saying to plan what I can do to kill them with the least amount of risk.  Also if somebody is talking sh*t, I'll go after them, kill them, then unmute my mic and repeat exactly what they said to piss them off. :)

I usually use the info I hear to strategize as well, not usually to the benefit of others but sometimes.

I use my normal DJ headphones in the headphone socket of my TV as I like to listen to the in-game sounds (know which way that buzzard is coming from) and then quickly plug the mic in if I have something to say to crew mates and friends...

Question is. Is there any headsets where you can listen to in-game sounds as well as chatting / listening to friends ?

could anyone name some for me ?

Astro, Turtle Beach, Tritton. They all make really good over ear headphones/mics. Some even have decent mixers as well, though I don't know model #s off hand. I have a set of Astros that I use most of the time and they are pretty good. I get the directional sound like yours with a basic in-line game/voice mix. It can have a more advanced mixer but I feel like shelling out another $100. 

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Guilty By Association

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yea only time i use a mic is when my crew and friends are on and we just talk on the party on live but i dont really talk to randoms as much.

Xxslick1GP
  • Xxslick1GP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I love killing squeakers and ghetto a*s "little bill" boys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users