• Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

I think its sad I will never get to play with any space animals

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Here's a little clip of NYC on 9/11 from the ISS I mentioned the other day. Incredible.

• W2B likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

wow that's crazy. Imagine how chilling that was for the astronauts 

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

They could have told us 9/11 was gonna happen before it did

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

I've always been fascinated with astronomy. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronomer. Even now I think of how it would be like to live on other planets or moons. To live in a distant galaxy and see the Milky Way from there.

I think someday humans will be able to do that. To gaze at the night sky of some distant planet and see where we all came from. I don't think it will happen in our lifetime though.

The universe is so freaking big that I believe there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the Earth.

It's a social taboo to mention aliens in public. Everyone will look at you like you're crazy or a conspiracy theorist or something, but considering how many galaxies there are in the observable universe alone it's hard to believe that life exists on this one tiny spec in the middle of nowhere.

Once I start to think of that, I think of the universe in a much more general sense, like maybe there are other universes just like there are galaxies.

Then I just pretty much blow my own mind trying to think of such things like alternate realities and what not. It's insane stuff. It's amazing the way we think. We're highly intelligent, yet sometimes we act so primitive in many ways.

I hate what we're doing to our planet and to ourselves. The Earth is all we have. It's the only place we can call home at the moment and we're destroying it; sapping the life right out of it. It's sad and I don't want to live when it all goes to sh*t because I know it will eventually.

Anyway yeah, we've only gotten as far as the moon. NASA is planning to send people to Mars in the very near future. If we can find a way to terraform Mars and maybe Venus, hopefully we can have the technology to travel to the gas giants and colonize some of their moons. It would be a big step into going into the Milky Way and finding another Earth or another Solar System to call home. I believe it's gonna happen, but not anytime soon.

• high91 likes this

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

I think perhaps my favorite thing that I have learned since I've become interested in all things cosmos would be how new elements are forged and where they come from. It's the reason why certain scientists say we are all "descendants of stars" and that we are made from "starstuff", because all of the elements in our body were once created by the fiery death of a star.

I'm not sure if this is the best video to describe it, it's just the first on the subject that I happened to click.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

@ryanburnsred:  5hit hot answer mate :) some of these answers are actually really cleverly explained.

Good stuff.  Bout time we had some space walk n talk. 

@ Gnad: yes mate, doom 3 all the way ( used to love maxing that game out on pc  )

Space in all fairness is unfathomable.  Everything we use to 'get to space' is sourced from our tiny little planet SO....technically Space itself gave us space travel and everything we need to use to craft and engineer top spec equipment.

Space even gave us our brain..That evolved to be a machine of creation itself that in turn gave rise to man made space exploration.

...this topic and a bong makes sense ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users