Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over

92 replies to this topic

Poll: Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over powered nature? (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over powered nature?

1. Yes. (20 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

2. If they were patched or edited in some form to make a more fair fight, then they can stay. (70 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. No. (64 votes [41.56%])

Percentage of vote: 41.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Tanks don't need to be patched. You don't need a new weapon to fight them.

The best way to defeat a tank is... with another tank.

The best way to defeat someone in a tank with a clue, (if your first option fails, because of your lack of badassery) is with two tanks.

The best way to defeat two tanks, is with three tanks. And so on. You get the picture.

And your solution for someone who isn't level 70 yet?

Nevermind. I'm sure your solution will be to "find new session".

Which is crap, but whatever.

Ammunized
  • Ammunized

we ned mor carz

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Tanks better be overpowered because it costs a lot and you unlock it at rank 70 something. If you make it suck or make a weapon that could easily blow up the tank, why would people try to achieve the rank or money to obtain the tank?

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

The best way to defeat someone in a tank with a clue, (if your first option fails, because of your lack of badassery) is with two tanks.

The best way to defeat two tanks, is with three tanks. And so on. You get the picture.

Nobody ever talks about this and I don't even know if I should be posting this, but there is a weak spot on the tank. Whether this is deliberate or not by Rockstar, who knows, but until it changes, it's there (1.11). Stand about 30-40 feet directly in front of the tank and fire direct shots to the front, right between the headlights. SMG/Carbine or any other fast firing weapon will pretty much take out the tank.

6buaTwJ.jpg?1

So I'd agree. No reason to modify the tank, unless you're talking about strengthening it (armor, speed, rapid fire, etc.)

i hate tanks, but i don't think they should do away with them. tank fighting is too fun.  :lol: and i'm not talking tank vs tank either.

1) if anything maybe buff/slow the turrent speed a little, maybe even the overall speed as well, but only a little though.

2) little longer cool down time before your able to get another. 

3) no passive mode what so ever if in a tank. 

4) make them a little more vulnerable. again not a lot just a little bit.

1) I'd go the other way. the turret is fine, but the overall speed is slow. speed it up. it actually is harder to control so it balances it out. less handling, but more overall speed

4) see above. there is already a vulnerable weak spot. just know where to hit it.

Tanks better be overpowered because it costs a lot and you unlock it at rank 70 something. If you make it suck or make a weapon that could easily blow up the tank, why would people try to achieve the rank or money to obtain the tank?

yes. it is a rockstar-given right as tank owners. you've worked your way up to 70, paid your miillions. now you deserve a tank.

JoeyTwoShoes
  • JoeyTwoShoes

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

There are quite a few ways to destroy a tank, it's just that people are too lazy to figure them out.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

I do like these assumptions where the player in question is the same level as the person talking.

If you're level 40 like me, your only solution is Find New Session. You don't have an RPG, you can't use a tank, and the only way to sticky him is if you're completely transparent.
I do like these assumptions where the player in question is the same level as the person talking.

If you're level 40 like me, your only solution is Find New Session. You don't have an RPG, you can't use a tank, and the only way to sticky him is if you're completely transparent.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

There are quite a few ways to destroy a tank, it's just that people are too lazy to figure them out.

Its not hard, its just not worth the time/effort when they can just go into passive and call in another for $200.
  • saintsrow likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

yes if i can buy a tank why can't i buy a jet 

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

If R* wants to add realism, then give the tank a realistic payload. Not the current infinite one it has, along with the super sonic rotation of the turret.

• 8up local likes this

Mr. Muramasa
  • Mr. Muramasa

Corsair

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by Mr. Muramasa, 14 March 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Hows about REMOVE tanks... or at least... the OPTION to BUY tanks?

Make them like armored trucks and only make them spawn occasionally in free roam. and make sure that the military is hardcore guarding the tank, and that if you simply bomb them, then the tank goes down with them, that way you have to actually WORK for the tank, not just work up to 2 mil or whatever, buy the tank, and then be like "yo pegasus gimme mah tank lol gona kil me sum noobz wit mah 3LITE SKILLZ"

and then if your in a tank make the military come after you until you leave the tank so that you have more problems than people trying to blow up your tank.

Lan1Aud2
  • Lan1Aud2

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

Yeah tanks are op'd but i don't think they should be removed just a little less op and then it would be fine

• 8up local likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

Just "de-patch" tank sniping and some people and I could deal with any tanks causing trouble.

As of it is now, it is completely unbalanced. Unless you're good enough with a tank yourself and own one.

Yes tank are powerful, ingame and IRL, ok, but this isn't like we had the weapons to fight back, just like in Battlefield for example. And even in Battlefield tanks takes less rockets or explosives to destroy than in GTA.

In the street and on foot, you have no chances against a tank. Unless you plan something, waste tons of money/ammo and are lucky enough to destroy it one time.

But then again, they call back Pegasus and get another for $200.

dj_w0n
  • dj_w0n

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

i just bought a tank  :lol:

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

Boo hoo another tank whining thread

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

those people who think snipers shouldn't be patched,because they fear the power of the tanks,and they know they can't defeat t
anks in battles.most important of all,they target tankers,and they are eager to kill tankers.if you are a tanker like me,i have a suggestion to you:show no mercy.they must be blew up again and again,then they maybe learn a bit.

Mr. Muramasa
  • Mr. Muramasa

Corsair

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:46 AM Edited by Mr. Muramasa, 14 March 2014 - 07:46 AM.

those people who think snipers shouldn't be patched,because they fear the power of the tanks,and they know they can't defeat t
anks in battles.most important of all,they target tankers,and they are eager to kill tankers.if you are a tanker like me,i have a suggestion to you:show no mercy.they must be blew up again and again,then they maybe learn a bit.

hey, I didn't even know tank sniping was a thing, I just got out a machine gun and began shooting at the back.

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

hey, I didn't even know tank sniping was a thing, I just got out a machine gun and began shooting at the back.
it doesn't work,useless tank is heavily damaged.and you will be blew up soon.

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Pretty good discussion so far, great tips and suggestions. Although there is the occasional person who whines about there being another tank thread. When I said that I wouldn't care if tanks were removed. I didn't mean that I wanted them gone, I just wouldn't care if they were. Rockstar will likely keep the tanks the same, or they may do something involving the car insurance griefing. Say a player in a tank destroys another players vehicle and doesn't have the money to pay for it (Usually people in tanks transfer money to a second profile by withdrawing all their cash out of their bank onto that secondary profile.) Then they would start racking up a debt (Money would turn negative), maybe -$30,000 and they would then get thrown into a bad sport lobby for X amount of time? That's just an idea I thought about.

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

I'd like to see an option to throw a grenade down the barrel Daryl Dixon style.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Nobody ever talks about this and I don't even know if I should be posting this, but there is a weak spot on the tank. Whether this is deliberate or not by Rockstar, who knows, but until it changes, it's there (1.11). Stand about 30-40 feet directly in front of the tank and fire direct shots to the front, right between the headlights. SMG/Carbine or any other fast firing weapon will pretty much take out the tank.

6buaTwJ.jpg?1

So I'd agree. No reason to modify the tank, unless you're talking about strengthening it (armor, speed, rapid fire, etc.)

i hate tanks, but i don't think they should do away with them. tank fighting is too fun.  :lol: and i'm not talking tank vs tank either.

1) if anything maybe buff/slow the turrent speed a little, maybe even the overall speed as well, but only a little though.

2) little longer cool down time before your able to get another. 

3) no passive mode what so ever if in a tank. 

4) make them a little more vulnerable. again not a lot just a little bit.

1) I'd go the other way. the turret is fine, but the overall speed is slow. speed it up. it actually is harder to control so it balances it out. less handling, but more overall speed

4) see above. there is already a vulnerable weak spot. just know where to hit it.

yes. it is a rockstar-given right as tank owners. you've worked your way up to 70, paid your miillions. now you deserve a tank.

for you it may seem fine or even needing to be more over powered, but then again your the one in the tank. have you ever really fought against a tank? not tank to tank, but on foot or anything? and more than a couple random times? i really can't see you doing that though, because your the one that's always in a tank. i know this is pointless considering your a troll in a tank and anything to make the tank more over powered would be the only thing you'd care about.

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Waaaaaaah! Its not fair that guy can afford a tank and I can't. Buy cash cards.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Tanks are tanks.  I mean, people say "that car is a f*cking tank, man" not because tanks are chromed or really fast, but because they are f*cking strong.  The Hulk is a Tank.  Nerfing tanks would be cra-cra.  It's either tanks as/is (in fact, add the ability to have 2 people inside, one operating the gun) or take them out completely.  A tank that isn't a f*cking tank... well man, that just wouldn't be very tank-like.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Anti tank weapons are what's needed. Can only be used by locking on to either aircraft or tanks. Or tank destroyers with non explosive but highly damaging armor piercing shells. Long range shooting as well but due to it's non exploding shell, won't be too op to cars and pedestrians.

• Alien likes this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by 8up local, 14 March 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Tanks are tanks.  I mean, people say "that car is a f*cking tank, man" not because tanks are chromed or really fast, but because they are f*cking strong.  The Hulk is a Tank.  Nerfing tanks would be cra-cra.  It's either tanks as/is (in fact, add the ability to have 2 people inside, one operating the gun) or take them out completely.  A tank that isn't a f*cking tank... well man, that just wouldn't be very tank-like.

i agree to a point. i don't think they need to be taken out with a few pistol shots, but a little nerfing in turret speed or maybe even overall speed, but not a lot though. 

2 people inside? ok one to drive and one to shoot (turret or top mounted MG), but if the gunner gets shot out because he's exposed then i'm thinking that would leave the top hatch open. so then anyone could jump up in there and it would leave an opening for a grenade to enter the inside of the tank as well.

edit: also if 2 people are ina tank then it should be made to where you can either drive or shoot, but not both.

ClutchDeath
  • ClutchDeath

Grandpa Death

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

The problem isnt tanks themselves its the way they work. They need to be more expensive to call from pegasus and a have a bettwr way to deal with them.

When it costs 200 dollars to call one up and several thousand to blow one up with sticky bombs or rpgs its a little unbalanced.

I think a little unbalanced would be a bit of an understatement.

A joke is what it is. No developer puts such a stupid ass vehicle in a game without reason. Tanks sure do drain billions of dollars of people's money by blowing up cars. I wonder why they haven't fixed who pays the insurance fee? ;)

Jonesy hit the nail on the head, they're making money from this simple as that.

On the other hand I would venture to say that more powerful weapons will be made available in the future. Just look at how many open slots there are on the ammunation dlc wall. Not to mention all of the weapons they have introduced since launch are getting more, and more powerful. I say let's just be patient and avoid/boycott tanks at all costs until we have a fair fight!

drGiggless
  • drGiggless

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Everyone who owns a tank should be reimbursed $1.5 million and tanks should only be available at Fort Zancudo. I have a tank, rarely use it. It's pretty stupid how R* keeps pushing for realism, yet everyone online owns infinite tanks that get used 95% of the time for the sole purpose of griefing other players.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by blakeney, 14 March 2014 - 10:11 PM.

- If they were patched or edited in some form to make a more fair fight

How excactly? So that tanks will shoot rubber balls or reload time is 2 days or they are destructable by Chop's ball?

RPGs are made to be anti-tank weapons, correct? A tank shouldn't be able to tank 10 RPGs to blow up, should be around 3-5. Would make a more fair fight.

As for a official thread regarding tanks. I do think one should be created, let other express their opinions on this matter. I am trying to be constructive and make a fair conversation. If  you do not agree with me, then that is your own personal opinion. Try to be respectful about it.

This^

In BF4 I'd rather be on foot up against a tank then anything else!

2-3 should immobilize it, another 1-2 to blow it up and kill the pussy inside.

Saints9
  • Saints9

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

More ppl crying about tanks..

Barrago
  • Barrago

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

No. Stop crying and either go passive or leave the session. 

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM Edited by BloodRed87, 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM.

Just bring back the penalty for destroying PV's and increase the penalty. Also, increase the penalty for killing passive, on-foot players to $5,000 or something.

Oh, and an HP nerf wouldn't hurt either.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

LMAO, you guys who can only come up with "change session" or "quit being a crybaby" just don't quite get it i think. IMO it's about someone trying to make you play their way instead of being able to play the way you want. now i do hate tanks, but i also love trying to figure out ways to fight them. yes i think they are a little over powered with their speed. mostly turret speed, maybe overall speed too, but it's not like they need to be slowed down a whole lot. just a little bit is all.

i figure most people on this forum will have a bias opinion on things though and yes i'm just as guilty. although i am trying to change my bias ways and getting better about it i think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users