Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over

92 replies to this topic

Poll: Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over powered nature? (154 member(s) have cast votes)

Should tanks be removed or patched in some way to decrease their over powered nature?

1. Yes. (20 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

2. If they were patched or edited in some form to make a more fair fight, then they can stay. (70 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. No. (64 votes [41.56%])

Percentage of vote: 41.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
toobsock
  • toobsock

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

lol_hitting.gif

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:26 AM Edited by iTz-JoNeSy, 13 March 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Get rid of the dreadful things! I'm sick of the sight of them. Anyone that wants them to stay is a plain old PUSSY that runs to their tank every time they get their asses kicked.

Edit: Just noticed the poll results. It would appear, GTA is holding most of the terrible gamers.

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

lol_hitting.gif

Clever reference to beating a dead horse? I like it. 

On a more serious note. The only weakness to a tank appears to be the Lazer fighter jet. 1-2 seconds of explosive chain gun can destroy a tank with ease. Maybe we could implement an attack strike from merry weather that specifically targets and destroys a tank? Increase how much it costs to make out a tank from $200 to maybe $5000?

• saintsrow and toobsock like this

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

i like to kill the kind of op.i will blow you up first,then put a bounty on you,make sure you can't get passive mode,then blow you up again.when you try to use your tank,i will get it first,then crash you again and again.

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

The problem isnt tanks themselves its the way they work. They need to be more expensive to call from pegasus and a have a bettwr way to deal with them.

When it costs 200 dollars to call one up and several thousand to blow one up with sticky bombs or rpgs its a little unbalanced.
  • AnotherUserName and Viper5900 like this

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

The problem isnt tanks themselves its the way they work. They need to be more expensive to call from pegasus and a have a bettwr way to deal with them.

When it costs 200 dollars to call one up and several thousand to blow one up with sticky bombs or rpgs its a little unbalanced.

I think a little unbalanced would be a bit of an understatement.

• saintsrow likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I think a little unbalanced would be a bit of an understatement.

A joke is what it is. No developer puts such a stupid ass vehicle in a game without reason. Tanks sure do drain billions of dollars of people's money by blowing up cars. I wonder why they haven't fixed who pays the insurance fee? ;)
  • ClutchDeath likes this

SoTF
  • SoTF

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

How about giving the tank a cool-down so that when it's called in you must wait an in-game day before it can be procured again? Simple enough to code, and no fancy DLC needed.

They could also make it so that hitting the hatch with an RPG would kill the driver- leaving the tank in tact. I think these would be simple enough to implement, and it would make tank griefers think twice.

• TimelyMeerkat and Viper5900 like this

Viper5900
  • Viper5900

Jet Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

How about giving the tank a cool-down so that when it's called in you must wait an in-game day before it can be procured again? Simple enough to code, and no fancy DLC needed.

They could also make it so that hitting the hatch with an RPG would kill the driver- leaving the tank in tact. I think these would be simple enough to implement, and it would make tank griefers think twice.

Great idea. This would be the perfect fix.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

first thing, I don't have a tank, and I vote no

Tank in GTA always mean the ultimate weapon the suppose to be everyone's nightmare, you either run away or use extreme method to fight that, like those "5 sticky boom car" thing. 

I agree Tank are annoying but that's also an icon for GTA game, keep it that way, find our way out from it.

• Viper5900 likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:13 PM Edited by Winning001, 13 March 2014 - 09:14 PM.

I don't always tank grief. But when I do, they started it.
I don't always get killed by tank greifers. But when I do, oh wait, I'm in passive mode. They can't.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Could someone please invite me to one of those games with rampage tanks I see like one or two every week. Where are theese op tanks you speak of

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Give us back tank sniping.

CUM ONNN

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Havent seen a tank in weeks.

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Tanks should have limited ammo,like 10 max, after that you can only run over people. That would fix most of the problems.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think they could be patched to make them less overpowered.

Give them less power, a cooldown on their weapons, less armor. And a decent anti tank weapon would be nice.

But I would prefer the tank removed.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Make it a long time before you can call another one in(and not for just $200)

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Another tank thread?  Jesus, some people must be butthurt beyond belief...

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

They need to run out of Ammo.

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Make it so we can sneak up on tanks climb on top burst open the hatch shoot at them, then drop a grenade, and then jump off and walk away from the explosion like a badass mofo. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

I personally hate tanks. They tend to ruin the online experience. You always have that one scum bag in a lobby who is running around and destroying everyone's personal vehicles and forcing that player to pay their insurance. 

I honestly wouldn't care if they removed the tank from online, or at least toned it down in some way. 

Now before a lot of you go "a tank is a tank, it's supposed to be overpowered." When a tank is running around and griefing everyone in a lobby, then we have some serious issues. I shouldn't have to go to Fort Zancudo just to grab a fighter jet in order to destroy a tank.

A good suggestion would be to buff up the damage of the RPG against tanks. Make it 3 or 4 shots to destroy a tank. That's the main purpose of an RPG anyway, to be an anti-tank weapon.

I predict a lot of flaming, but remember that this is just my opinion.  

Edit: For everyone who is saying a new tank thread is created every day. I wouldn't know this as I just found this forum today and decided to join. I know there is a search bar, but those thread are likely dead and don't exactly need a revive when I could just make a new thread that is more constructive and has better chances of getting mature responses/suggestions regarding tanks. 

Do I have a tank? Of course. Do I use it to kill other players? Only when they start firing RPGs when i'm in the tank or another tank is around.

i wouldn't miss the tanks on bit, but i'm not saying all tank owners are tank griefers, i'm just tired of getting atomized by tank griefers and having to pay to have my car replaced. :/

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

If you can't avoid the tank you're doing it wrong.

There are far worse things in the game than tanks.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Don't nerf the tanks.

Buff players onfoot instead.

Since snipers are now redundant against tanks, something with a bit more punch than the RPG/ explosives would be nice. I am not saying you can't kill a tank with RPGs, it's very doable if you play it smart with off the radar at the correct time. But it costs a pretty penny just for the pleasure of a single kill.

If something maybe slightly cheaper and more effective, specifically targeted towards tanks (or jets for that matter. I don't know, just trying to keep everything balanced in a way) was released in the game then it would be cut a lot of the whining. I think Anti tank/vehicle mines would be pretty easy to add to the game.

Just throw a couple down a street where you know the tank is going to chase you...BOOM. The tank is dead. and it could still be balanced FOR the tank as it encourages him to stop charging in everywhere like a drunk baby on steroid. At least the tank will have to work a bit for his supper, or just play it safe and give up the chase. And it could give players onfoot enough time to escape, or form a counter attack.

• scubadave likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Make it so we can sneak up on tanks climb on top burst open the hatch shoot at them, then drop a grenade, and then jump off and walk away from the explosion like a badass mofo. 

This isnt halo

Winning001
  • Winning001

The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Give them less power, a cooldown on their weapons, less armor. And a decent anti tank weapon would be nice.

This Isnt WWI. the Rhino doesnt even have reactive armour, like most advanced modern tanks have

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

This Isnt WWI. the Rhino doesnt even have reactive armour, like most advanced modern tanks have

Doesn't matter. This is a video game. It's about fun, not realism.

zer0toleranc3
  • zer0toleranc3

Power Rager

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

Tanks don't need to be patched. You don't need a new weapon to fight them.

The best way to defeat a tank is... with another tank.

The best way to defeat someone in a tank with a clue, (if your first option fails, because of your lack of badassery) is with two tanks.

The best way to defeat two tanks, is with three tanks. And so on. You get the picture.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by scubadave, 13 March 2014 - 11:30 PM.

Tanks don't need to be patched. You don't need a new weapon to fight them.

The best way to defeat a tank is... with another tank.

The best way to defeat someone in a tank with a clue, (if your first option fails, because of your lack of badassery) is with two tanks.

The best way to defeat two tanks, is with three tanks. And so on. You get the picture.

Nobody ever talks about this and I don't even know if I should be posting this, but there is a weak spot on the tank. Whether this is deliberate or not by Rockstar, who knows, but until it changes, it's there (1.11). Stand about 30-40 feet directly in front of the tank and fire direct shots to the front, right between the headlights. SMG/Carbine or any other fast firing weapon will pretty much take out the tank.

6buaTwJ.jpg?1

So I'd agree. No reason to modify the tank, unless you're talking about strengthening it (armor, speed, rapid fire, etc.)

If you can't avoid the tank you're doing it wrong.

There are far worse things in the game than tanks.

although I'd say this is accurate, the usage of the SCUBADAVE VERIFIED badge I can't agree with it.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

they dont need to remove or patch the tanks...

we just need access to proper anti tank guns.

something more powerful that the regular rpg or simply make the merryweather airtrike work like the mercenaries. just call, select target and enjpy the show.

other viable option is making the tank spawn at fort zancudo when you call pegasus

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

i hate tanks, but i don't think they should do away with them. tank fighting is too fun.  :lol: and i'm not talking tank vs tank either.

1) if anything maybe buff/slow the turrent speed a little, maybe even the overall speed as well, but only a little though.

2) little longer cool down time before your able to get another. 

3) no passive mode what so ever if in a tank. 

4) make them a little more vulnerable. again not a lot just a little bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users