Do you have any Hobbies?

119 replies to this topic
The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

Biking - Usually always have my bike with me, hardly ever walk. Just wish I lived near some mountains, so I cold tear up some downhill trails.

Gambling - Online poker and sports betting, lots of sports betting.

Listening to music - Helps me escape the reality that I'm in. Set my mind free and just sit back and enjoy.

Photography - Something I haven't done much of, but I know my interest is there.

Video games - Mostly just GTA, Madden, NHL, and some racing games.

Scouting college football players - Usually about the time when the NFL season is winding down til about the time of the draft. So from January to April, I spend loads of time watching videos and game tape of future NFL prospects. I compile lists, jot down notes and write up mini scouting reports and grades on each player that I have in my charts. Don't know why but I really enjoy doing this.

Reading maps - I always seem to have google maps open half the time i'm on the internet. Then going on street view in random places is always cool.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Fishing.

It gives me a peace of mind, which I've been needing lately. And it's also quite fun, I try to do it every weekend. =)

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me £10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hiking: Only just started this by walking small paths in my area, but soon I want to start walking the long distance paths in the UK and Europe. At some point I'd love to do the Appalachian Trail or the Te Aroara Trail in New Zealand, or any long trails for that matter.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Games: Mostly handheld stuff like pokemon lately. Used to play lots of games on the PC, but I switched to GNU/Linux a few months ago and now it's a lot more difficult.

Reading: I used to read a lot during high school since I didn't have many friends there. I kept most of the books, and I'm trying to get back into it. I like science fiction, fantasy, and literary fiction.

Writing: Journals, essays, and I try for fiction once in a while but I can never stick with any fiction I write. I've also played around with world-building.

I recently started drawing too, not sure if it's gonna be a full-on hobby or not, but it's another thing to keep me busy. :)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Video games. Duh. 

Music - I write and play in two bands. One an extreme doom/stoner metal band, the other an improvised art/noise rock band.

The rest of what I do is either boring or private. 

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm just going to merge this with the existing hobby topic.

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Trail riding on a 29'er or a 650B.

Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Weell.. video games, going out biking whenever I feel like it, fishing (when I get the chance), movies, collecting stuff, music,

the outdoors etc. etc. 

I should start reading too.. Stephen King's books have always been the thing for me.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Just trying to keep it all together rules out the chance for most hobbies and social anxiety

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Penetrate myself analy with a toothbrush container.

And that's not a joke either. sh*t feels good, man. No homo.

Use lube
Otherwise you gonna have a bad time popping

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Here is one of the clips from me ATV riding in PA.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TCh7usI5MTU

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

I went back to an old hobby of mine recently and, as a bit of nostalgia, decided I would make a 1/72 scale aircraft.

I distinctly remember being about 10 and building them in a couple of days. This one has taken me about four week so far and is still only primed, has no weapons, no cockpit canopy...I'm sure its to a much higher standard than my old ones though.

Also forgot how expensive everything is. The models themselves are super cheap but between primer, paint, decent brushes, adhesives new craft knife blades, filler, tools and masking tape small enough to be useful I must have spent about £35. So now I need to build about four more to actually make it worthwhile.

That's the rest of my year wiped out.
  • Failure, Tyler and GunWrath like this

Payne
  • Payne

Time move forward, nothing changes.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Video games- duh

Music- classic and new rock, metal

Letting out my anger- feels good to do that sometimes.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

-snip-

You uh... you gotta little worked up over that one, boss. 

OT: Games, casual biking, trying to learn to code in Ruby.   

Special Members
  • Special Members

Everyday I wake up to find myself in bed

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Ughhhh....Ignore that ancient post. I cringe everytime I read it.
  • Marwin likes this

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Jacking off.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by GunWrath, 23 August 2014 - 12:38 AM.

I went back to an old hobby of mine recently and, as a bit of nostalgia, decided I would make a 1/72 scale aircraft.

I distinctly remember being about 10 and building them in a couple of days. This one has taken me about four week so far and is still only primed, has no weapons, no cockpit canopy...I'm sure its to a much higher standard than my old ones though.

Also forgot how expensive everything is. The models themselves are super cheap but between primer, paint, decent brushes, adhesives new craft knife blades, filler, tools and masking tape small enough to be useful I must have spent about £35. So now I need to build about four more to actually make it worthwhile.

After looking at some of my collectibles last week, I had the sudden urge to want to get back into building models again as well.

Yeah, that's how they get us modelers, the accessories and tools needed can get pricey but totally worth it if you're really into it and expect to build more than one model. I'm currently looking at this space shuttle model but haven't made up my mind between building that or this pre-WWII Stearman.

I'm sure I still have some paint and all around somewhere but I doubt it's any good by now. It's been about 4yrs since I've touched a model, maybe longer.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:36 AM Edited by gtamann123, 23 August 2014 - 06:36 AM.

Me and my dad used to make model Aircraft and model cars together. We lost all of them when the house went into foreclosure and we just plain forgot about them because they were in the barn and we were worried about other things at the moment so we just didn't think to grab them.

It is indeed a very fun hobby and I have also been contemplating getting back into it. I'm very interested in maybe building a ship like This One.

Or maybe starting out with something a bit easier like this model car.

I'm not really sure how far back my model making skills have regressed so I guess I will just have to try something out and give it a go.  

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:09 AM Edited by The Harwood Bitcher, 24 August 2014 - 06:10 AM.

Ughhhh....Ignore that ancient post. I cringe everytime I read it.

NO
You cant take it back,you love to mutilate your own ass

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

My dad and great uncle used to wargame. When my great uncle died earlier in the year, Dad went through his wargaming materials and found at least 200 brushes which are about $7 each. 

• sivispacem likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

PC/Videogames for now.

Drifting, and working on my car, for when I get a car.

Snorkeling and hiking for when I move to Hawaii :colgate:

And studying for school..

And drugs..( Maui WoWi)

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me £10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

I used to love models so much, brings back many memories from childhood. I preferred the 1/35th scale soldiers myself. I distinctly remember one set which was Eastern Front Germans in melee combat, was so cool. 

You may have spurred me on to buy a set.

nkaujrog
  • nkaujrog

Hmong Chick - PS4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

I like to sing/rap/record, write, cross-stitch, doodle, and play GTA V online.

Well .. all I do now is work and play GTA V online .. I'm an addict.

Marwin
  • Marwin

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

My hobby is gas-lighting people who think I'm their friend =)))

• Scaglietti likes this

CitySlikah
  • CitySlikah

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by CitySlikah, 04 September 2014 - 07:06 PM.

I play guitar. Been playing since I was in 6th grade. im 23 now. Also latley iv been writing my own techno/dubstep music. Dont have much to show for it right now tho :p still learnin

besides that, computer, gaming, 420, cars. All the good stuff

Heres a video of me playin like 6 years ago I recorded.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

GTAF Football Team Captain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

-Smokin'

-Drinkin'

-Chillin'

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

I used to love models so much, brings back many memories from childhood. I preferred the 1/35th scale soldiers myself. I distinctly remember one set which was Eastern Front Germans in melee combat, was so cool. 
You may have spurred me on to buy a set.

Yeah, it's been weirdly satisfying and very nostalgic. Joked about it with my dad, who always used to help me when I was a nipper. He trained as a commercial pilot back in the day so he's always been into his aircraft.

Now I've got to choose three more Greek Air Force aircraft from the last 15-or-so years to avoid wasting all the accompanying bits I bought. Ideas on a postcard.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

Damn i feel like i grew out of my hobbies. all i do now is play with my dogs, fishing, shooting and video games lol.. i use to road race but sh*t got too expensive

RSRocks
  • RSRocks

Hobby-Musician

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

I love to make music! I write my own songs, play piano for 8 years, acoustic guitar for 2-3 years and electric guitar for 1 year. I also sing :)

Riding my mountain bike with my dog running next to me is also awesome!

Photography - Animals and Spontaneously (in holidays, at parties etc.)

Swimming is awesome!

Meet friends.

Sheelamariner
  • Sheelamariner

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

Yes,

I'll chat in Whatsap,FB.

I'll browse in Net to shop online.

I'll collect some cosmetic beauty products