44 replies to this topic
GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

We don't really need serious game. What we need is balanced game between seriousness and jokes, between grit and happiness. We need something we got in the past couple of times in games like GTA III, VC, VCS or IV. Almost perfect balance of every element. 

I completely agree with this - The games you mentioned certainly did have a great balance of each element.... and thats why I love them :pp

• Sting4S likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

Even V's really mean and self righteous humor is better than none at all.

GTA without humor? Isn't that just Mafia II DLC?

• Luddite and Blennerville like this

BigDaddyWink
  • BigDaddyWink

Wink Stephenson

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

It's more immersive when it's serious like IV, satire and jokes make it uninteresting like saints row. IMO

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by Rainbow Party, 20 March 2014 - 03:00 AM.

GTA without satire and jokes would be even more serious than GTA IV. And I'm pretty sure most people would find that REALLY dull. And GTA should get credit for at least trying to add some humour to the game because making a completely serious game sounds like it would be way easier.

I guess IV had a pretty decent balance of seriousness and humour.

And Saints Row is a masterpiece :3

• Blennerville likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

It's more immersive when it's serious like IV, satire and jokes make it uninteresting like saints row. IMO

What are you talking about? There was tons of satire and jokes in IV.

The difference is that in V, the satire isn't as subtle. It's really over-the-top, in-you-face, and just plain blunt.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

Yeah, IV was so serious with it's lack of jokes.

bowling%20pins%20penis--article_image.jp

Yep, totally serious.

• Katve, Rainbow Party and Vanto like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

@Racecarlock

Yeah IV contained some great humors even with it "GRITTY AND SO GROUNDED IN REALISM" lol.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

A serious game coming from Rockstar? When?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:41 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

GTA since the HD Era (2008-Present) has become "Too Serious" but TBoGT and V balanced that with fun.Then Red Dead and Max Payne franchises are also Serious.But i guess most people want GTA to go back to IV-TLAD's Grittiness.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

GTA since the HD Era (2008-Present) is has become "Too Serious" but TBoGT and V balanced that with fun.Then Red Dead and Max Payne franchises are also Serious.

I'll change my question a bit: A fully serious game from Rockstar North? When?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

GTA since the HD Era (2008-Present) is has become "Too Serious" but TBoGT and V balanced that with fun.Then Red Dead and Max Payne franchises are also Serious.

GTA (since 2008) and Manhunt 1/2 :) but if it was Rockstar Games (The Parent company of R* North and the other studios) then it GTA,Red Dead,Max Payne,Bully and maybe soon Agent :).

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

GTA (since 2008) and Manhunt 1/2 :) but if it was Rockstar Games (The Parent company of R* North and the other studios) then it GTA,Red Dead,Max Payne,Bully and maybe soon Agent :).

You win at finding fully serious videogames by Rockstar North :lol:

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

People complained that GTA IV was too serious, too dark and not enough fun was to be had.

Rockstar took that advice, made GTA V really fun, humorous, jokes everywhere and now people are complaning about that too. You just can't please anyone anymore.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I agree that we need a balance of humor and seriousness. V had a story that often felt silly at times, but had a humorless world with dull cops, dull peds, and mediocre news/internet jokes. IV had a story that was serious and sometimes it made me laugh, and the world was full of humor.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 24 March 2014 - 10:03 AM.

I agree that we need a balance of humor and seriousness. V had a story that often felt silly at times, but had a humorless world with dull cops, dull peds, and mediocre news/internet jokes. IV had a story that was serious and sometimes it made me laugh, and the world was full of humor.

Agreed. People often say GTA IV is too serous, but I don't think it is. Even if the story was serous for the most part its comic relief fitted in nicely without feeling forced.

GTA V didn't know whether it wanted to be a goofy summertime action/comedy or a thriller/drama.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users