Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think Rockstar will add the jetpack in a future patch?

83 replies to this topic
Arman Ossi Loko
  • Arman Ossi Loko

GTAV4EVER!!!

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

No. I don't think they will. I think you will be waiting for a PC version and for it to be modded in then.

PC version? I like that joke.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

I don't think they will, but it would be fun.

For some reason people seem to hate the jetpack, but I say, if you hate it, just don't use it.

Conwin
  • Conwin

...because all America loves a cowboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by Conwin, 15 March 2014 - 02:46 PM.

They will probably add it in one of the story DLC's. (If they are in the same format as IV's) I remember when IV came out people complained there wasn't a tank included so they compromised with an APC in TBOGT. To be honest I think they probably intended to include a jetpack on release (hence the mural on Chiliad) but cut it out for reasons unknown and decided to shoe horn it into one of the DLC's.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Seriosuly, Jetpack is a sh*tty idea, why do people want that crap?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

What would you say if the Jetpack was realistic? Like, with 30 seconds flight duration?

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Seriosuly, Jetpack is a sh*tty idea, why do people want that crap?

Some people want it because of their GTA:San Andreas nostalgia.

Others want it for the fun.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I never liked jetpack and i don't understand the love for it. Also i don't care if they add jetpack or not.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I turned on SA a few days ago, and since I didn't play it since 2007, I forgot the roads and how to drive them to get where I wanted to go.  I eventually got to the airstrip where the Jetpack was.  I had some fun with it, but surely forgot HOW f*ckING SLOW IT WAS.

Why is everyone getting a hard on over a Jetpack?  It's not really fun, imo, after like 5 minutes.  Sooner or later you'd wish you're back on the ground driving a car 5 times faster than any Jetpack would go.  The Jetpack was only very good for straight line directions.  Like, if you wanted to fly over a lake, mountain, and get to a location - That is the only reason I like it.  Other than that I don't need it to return.  It'd be cool I guess just to "have" in the game, but I wouldn't use it often.

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

For what would you use the jetpack, actually, if you would have it in GTAV?

I would explore LS and do some speedrunning through Paleto Forest.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Inb4 jetpack snipers

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by Militia, 15 March 2014 - 07:09 PM.

For what would you use the jetpack, actually, if you would have it in GTAV?

I would explore LS and do some speedrunning through Paleto Forest.

That is my point ^^^

A jetpack isn't needed when you have all these planes and helicopters which go the same speed as the Jetpack more than likely.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

I never liked jetpack and i don't understand the love for it. Also i don't care if they add jetpack or not.

I would like a jetpack to reach places that would otherwise require a helicopter or carefully skydiving from above.

Speaking of which, in SA I would also land the Hydra or a helicopter on top of a building (to go shopping or otherwise) and then use the jetpack to go back on top. It makes no sense to land it in the street and have the AI ram into when they get impatient. 

Will just have to wait for a PC version and hope someone makes a mod for it. 

Perez84
  • Perez84

Crackhead

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

I can`t see why some people need a jetpack in V. You can enjoy the view while piloting a chopper. I barely used the jetpack in GTA SA.....

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

You can enjoy the view while piloting a chopper. I barely used the jetpack in GTA SA.....

It's hard to enjoy the view when you're constantly wobbling around thanks to the turbulence those idiots added.  The should have left it like IV.  

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

You can enjoy the view while piloting a chopper. I barely used the jetpack in GTA SA.....

It's hard to enjoy the view when you're constantly wobbling around thanks to the turbulence those idiots added.  The should have left it like IV.  

I don't need a jetpack, but I do agree with this.  Helicopters are AWFUL in GTA V.  They rock left to right, left to right, left to right - At the end of the flight I am near having a headache!  In GTA IV when I would fly the Annihilator this NEVER happened.  I don't remember this in San Andreas or Vice City either.  V is TERRIBLE for helicopters.  But I do enjoy the planes in V quite a lot.

NoSignal666
  • NoSignal666

A Nice Guy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

People couldn't find an easter egg in one of the Batman games, the developers of it had to tell everyone a year later, so I think there could be a jetpack in GTA V.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

At this point, who even still actually cares?

The jet pack is rubbish anyway, so what's the big deal?

• SonOfLiberty likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

How many times has R* actually surprised their fans? I never understand why people search for stuff like that. R* isn't that mysterious. If there was a jetpack in the game, there would be a mission that forces us to use it. And we won't get one, because R* doesn't just give their fans what they want. I can't wait for the Easter Pack DLC... :bored:

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by drr26, 18 March 2014 - 09:37 PM.

People couldn't find an easter egg in one of the Batman games, the developers of it had to tell everyone a year later, so I think there could be a jetpack in GTA V.

That gives hope to many a jetpack hunter then

At this point, who even still actually cares?

The jet pack is rubbish anyway, so what's the big deal?

It's just something that was good for an occasional mess about, like the old kill sessions I had in IV etc before V's health system cut that short for me.

But then, it was easier to cheat for the jetpack and have it to mess about with back then. It won't become a cheat in V.

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

To be honest I was expecting sort of a conspiracy theory DLC and more of Nervous Ron in which Trevor gained access to the Jetpack.

I hope Rockstar will release the Jetpack in time but who knows? The previous games story DLC came out a year later so really, we can expect the unexpected. Once GTA V is released for PC and the new consoles, I'm guessing we'll see singleplayer DLC sometime in September which will hopefully include a load of new content including the jetpack.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Why is it that every member on here feels cheated because Rockstar didn't add in one little item? Seriously III was good without a jetpack, VC was good without a jetpack, IV was good without a jetpack and so were all the others.

Don't feel that Rockstar needs to put your '04 childhood nostalgia first by recycling old and (quite frankly idiotic) content.
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

XmaulGamer
  • XmaulGamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Mm I don´t know...the Jet is great!

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by nobum62, 21 March 2014 - 05:14 PM.

No. they haven't even released the heists for gta online, let alone the PC version.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

I won't use it anyway, so I don't care if they will release it or not. I doubt it, though. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users