surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

I like the cops

Problem?

They are too easy in every other game I like the challenge and realism

Word up.

I suppose not all GTA players can be the rugged, chiseled jaw badasses that we are. 

It was harder to loose the cops in IV due to the lack of hiding places and forced low cornering speeds.  The cops in V can be a challenge at times but by no means are they difficult or terrible.

MISO_STONY
  • MISO_STONY

Hay Plater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

The cops work pretty well IMO, you can definitely escape them every time if that is your priority, but they will take you out if you don't change up what you're doing when they arrive. I think not one arrest would happen in this game, i never let them arrest me in SP. and can you imagine going afk for a moment to find out a cop drove into you and arrested you and your mini gun and everything else is gone now? Them shooting first makes a lot of sense, if you look at it in the context of GTA, how many releases have to come out before the cops figure out you're not stopping for them? Silencers in the desert is the only point i agree with, there should be "off police radar" crimes/areas.

Deathdime89
  • Deathdime89

Night Caller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Im making no points about mission's? You were? Your reply suggests to me that the answer to getting easy money(mindless boring farming) was to simply go to a start menu. And if somehow that makes you content, then good for you.

Yes I was, that's what I meant when I said they added missions to the start menu. That's how they made making money easier, which goes against your point that Rockstar will do anything to deplete your money faster. If they didn't want you to have money, they wouldn't have made it easier and faster to make money.

Fair enough, i understand what you mean. But i still think its weak. If you compare this GTA to the previous one's. You'll see that everything is made with a weak point to suit R*'s agenda.
For instance:
• previous GTA's used to have a button you could mash when getting into a car or standing up. Not anymore, which leads to many annoying, expensive deaths. Seems convenient they left it out.
• A.I. constantly running into car's more then ever. (more $)
• bugs with losing items you saved for.
• spawns(gangs/police)that literally happen within my sight out of thin air.
Etc...
None of this happened with past title's. But they did'nt associate with cash card's. Now that its about trying to hold onto your cash. I find it interesting that its easier to lose everything. Hell, you can even drop your weapon by 'accident' now. Requiring you to purchase it again.

I agree all those things suck, but I find it hard to believe that they were put in as part of a plan to make you lose money faster so they can sell more cash cards.

Same, I hate that these problems exist, but I don't think there is some grand conspiracy going on about cash cards. This is the first time R* North has done anything like 'this' in the online portion of the game. RDR may have had the openness that we see here, but it didn't have nearly the amount of customization that we see in GTAO. I believe that this is unfamiliar territory for them, and maybe they should have gotten more experience with this kind of script writing. There is little we can do at this point though, I just hope R*'s developers learn from this in the greatest capacity ever. 

I have never purchased cash cards, and I probably never will. That doesn't mean I do not appreciate what those who have purchased the cash cards, have done for R*/GTAO. They will be the driving force for what pay's the developers to enhance content for GTAO while other GTA games release. Maybe I am foolish for thinking that something good will come from cash cards. I cannot help it though. I love R* Games, and I have loved them since DMA Designs. So what if I am defending them? I can think of far worse publishers, and development groups whom have f*cked over far many more people than what others claim R* has done. Enough about that though, this is on a slippery slope to becoming a different kind of argument. I just say these things, so others can get a good inkling to where I stand with my post. If you do not agree with me, that is fair, I will not force you to any conclusion. 

Nice post. Hope your right bout R*. Just don't want them turning into EA.

Trust me, I feel the same. I am not blindly following, I am following but aware. 

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

They were just retarded in previous games so they seem OP now, the way they drive in front of you and turn as you do is f*cking annoying though

Have anyone on this forum ever seen real police chase videos. Police in this game (Driving anyways) Use real tactics. PIT Manuvers, Ramming and blocking. Only reason GTA V cops seem OP is that AI in other games was retarded.

I've never seen a cop in a real life car chase purposefully causing a head on collision at over 100 mph.

Cops in real life don't know every single move you are about to make, every turn you're about to take

• Blingy and The Spook like this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

They were just retarded in previous games so they seem OP now, the way they drive in front of you and turn as you do is f*cking annoying though

Have anyone on this forum ever seen real police chase videos. Police in this game (Driving anyways) Use real tactics. PIT Manuvers, Ramming and blocking. Only reason GTA V cops seem OP is that AI in other games was retarded.

I've never seen a cop in a real life car chase purposefully causing a head on collision at over 100 mph.

Cops in real life don't know every single move you are about to make, every turn you're about to take

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• The Spook, tomuk3 and LukeMayhem like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Neither do these. if you duck into an alleyway they look around but cant find you IRL if you ducked into an alleyway Cops contunue to search day and night esp if you are dangerous. IRL if you have a weapon cops shoot first ask questions later and are relentless. IMO GTA V cops are very real and fun

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

The only time I have an issue with the cops is, when I'm not doing anything and I get a star. One night, I spent the whole time I played evading cops. As soon as my character would move, one star would pop up. I was in a solo session, I didn't kill any NPCs or hang out by any cops and piss them off. I was just walking around the city, looking at various buildings and taking pictures. I've experienced this about 3 times.

I get the feeling that the wanted system is a bit glitchy every now and then.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

I've never seen a cop in a real life tank chase purposefully drive straight into a tank, blowing themselves and others around them to bit, while the tank survives. Kraykray. 

• Kampioen likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

I've never seen a cop in a real life tank chase purposefully drive straight into a tank, blowing themselves and others around them to bit, while the tank survives. Kraykray. 

The in-game cops only see an enemy regardless of what vehicle they are in.

• doser_ likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

San Diego Police Chase although they dont suicide

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Why does 1 star take the longest to go away? I ram a cops car to get the second star since it will be gone quicker.
I would like them to ignore player on player kills as this ruins lots of great freemode battles. Nothing more annoying than killing 2 or 3 would be attackers only to be surrounded and killed by cops.
Their cars are magically faster when driven by them with the added ability to ram a fully modded super car, they can also increase the weight of their cars to prevent a sandking from pushing it.
Another thing I'd like to see added that never will is to have cops on your payroll, a daily fee of whatever that would lessen stars awarded allowing you to break more laws before becoming wanted. Rdr had this with the honor system so its definitely doable.

doser_
  • doser_

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

I read that originally they were supposed to try to demobilize you with a tazer and arrest you. That would be more cool. Not fair getting lit up by four cops just for punching somebody or stealing a car.

Big difference between the cops online and the cops in single player

I think I have noticed this as well, how exactly do you mean?

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Is it really that hard to drive around the block or drive to an lsc?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

I Can't be the only one who thinks that the police in GTA V, and GTA Online it's the worst ever existed on any game of this saga.. in that aspect, and being the game so realistic, the police could have been waaaaay better than it is.

To start, they are overpowered as f*ck, you can kill 300 of them, and they will keep coming, and keep coming all the time, so i have to guess that the LS police have more than 1 million officers, sometimes they can take even 10 bullets before they die. (god mode before it was cool).

To escape, you have to hide like for 5 minutes, it's just boring, you get into an alley and park your car, wait a lot of time, and just when u think the police it's going to leave, they suddenly know where u are, so they walk or drive into the alley and shoot you 'til you look like a colander.

and last but not least, the MOST sh*tTY THING OF THE COPS. You are in the middle of the dessert, no one watching you, not even NPC's around so you kill a guy whit a silcenced pistol, and guess what, the cops are on your ass in a second... ¿How do they knew u kill somebody? we'll never know.

Basically, the cops are one of the less developed things in this GTA.

nah, they might have seen you in the alley, plus i do think they are way too agressive once you get two + stars, they keep ramming your car, wouldn't that also endanger the other motorists on the road??

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

meh, i think you guys are just spoiled from the cops in GTA 4 i think.  :lol:

i think the cops are just fine. true they're over aggressive, but i think R* just wanted to do something for 5/online because people seemed to basicly walk all over and just laugh at the ones in 4 (compared to 5). also i could've sworn when a game is in a series that game play gets harder the farther you get into the series. plus i think it goes right along with how R* intended for us to play. i touched a little about this in another thread. like how the auto-aim targets cops and peds before locking onto players or how if you have a friend or two with you they are easier to deal with. to me it seems like R* is wanting players to work together when the need arises. kinda like how in SP your characters argue and get mad at eachother, but when the time comes they band together to get the job done. 

these days the cops have stepped up their game IRL so why not do the same for the game? 

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

It's simple, it's easy as hell to get wanted stars, and the more you die the more money you lose, just a gimmick to try to sale more cash cards to the morons

Neither do these. if you duck into an alleyway they look around but cant find you IRL if you ducked into an alleyway Cops contunue to search day and night esp if you are dangerous. IRL if you have a weapon cops shoot first ask questions later and are relentless. IMO GTA V cops are very real and fun
the fact that you called overpowered auto assist real shows you don't know wth you're talking about, a cop in the helicopter can be on the other side, and you actually see the bullets travel like it was the movie wanted. The auto assist the a.i is capable of is disgusting, and broken

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

i think the cops are just fine. true they're over aggressive, but i think R* just wanted to do something for 5/online because people seemed to basicly walk all over and just laugh at the ones in 4 (compared to 5). also i could've sworn when a game is in a series that game play gets harder the farther you get into the series. plus i think it goes right along with how R* intended for us to play. i touched a little about this in another thread. like how the auto-aim targets cops and peds before locking onto players or how if you have a friend or two with you they are easier to deal with. to me it seems like R* is wanting players to work together when the need arises. kinda like how in SP your characters argue and get mad at eachother, but when the time comes they band together to get the job done. 

these days the cops have stepped up their game IRL so why not do the same for the game? 

I have no interest in working together with the guy trying to kill me to take care of the cops, and I assume neither does he, because he's shooting at me.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Tl;dr - yes. Yes, they are. Not cops alone, all npc enemy AI.

Crack-shot from any vehicle
Three strategies: cover, flank, group rush
Ridiculous spawning
Immersion destroying speeds
No actual 'chases'
Cops can't be stopped with ramming or using traffic.
A whole police force can appear anywhere, even at the top of Chiliad
  • Blingy and The Spook like this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

I just hate how if you want to have a shootout with the ballas, vagos, or grove street, they come after only you. Their viciousness however is also their downfall as if you run through either of said hoods with them on you, usually they'll hit a gang member and hilarity ensures. 

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

You are in the middle of the dessert, no one watching you, not even NPC's around so you kill a guy whit a silcenced pistol, and guess what, the cops are on your ass in a second... ¿How do they knew u kill somebody? we'll never know.

Don't you know? The cops in GTA 5 are the guards from Oblivion in disguise! The realities have already merged and we're still doomed!

• Deathdime89 likes this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by Vec, 12 March 2014 - 08:12 PM.

IRL, they usually follow the suspect with a chopper...so the preety much can. Also the criminals don't have a Lester they can call for help...

rusticvagueman
  • rusticvagueman

Cheeky Scrub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

you know what 2 things i LOVE about the cops?

they spawn in front of you and try to turn sideways in the middle of the road to block you

and supposedly if you're in an adder they can catch up to you

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

I have no interest in working together with the guy trying to kill me to take care of the cops, and I assume neither does he, because he's shooting at me.

ok so you don't want the cops bothering you and the other guy. well then that's why they have DM in the game, so cop problem is solved. only trouble is nobody wants take the time to mess with DM is the problem it seems. i think if someone is wanting to beat the other guy because of bragging rights then like i said DM, but i guess people can't take the time and go to DM then message the other guy to join them, or maybe it's just that they want to player kill in the open because whoever loses can always pull the "yeah i would've had you if it wasn't for the cops" for an excuse as to why they were beaten. basicly if people are just wanting go around player killing then i think they should have to deal with the cops, if your just wanting to see who is best then DM. true the other player would have to agree with it too, but like i said if it's for bragging rights then why not DM? 

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 12 March 2014 - 08:51 PM.

I don't see what the problem is with cops/ enemies; I've learned to deal with them....AI is humorously stupid, and the fact that their relentless is the only thing they have going for them.  

Is this just a whining thread? There is an official bit*h and moan topic.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I don't see what the problem is with cops/ enemies; I've learned to deal with them....AI is humorously stupid, and the fact that their relentless is the only thing they have going for them.  

Is this just a whining thread? There was an official bit*h and moan topic somewhere that could be bumped for this sort of thing.

Dude...I think that thread is pinned XD

• Tabula Rasa likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I thought IV cops were bad, but V cops are so f*cking overpowered, not just cops but enemy AI in general. They have Aim Assist which is frustrating especially in online because I play in free aim.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Meh, I'm used to em by now, they're not that hard to deal with. Sometimes sucks when they interrupt your fun, just don't kill em when you have one star and it's trivially easy to avoid them and be on your merry way again. 3 stars isn't that bad either, any more than that and you deserve what's coming to you imo

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

The AI aim is not that big of a deal, even their insane catch up speeds is all right.

But the AI spawning is broken.

Having AI spawn directly infront and dive bombing head first into players non stop makes no sense at all.  Why would anyone do that and how?

No cop or anyone in their right minds could pull that off, let alone want to pull that off. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users