Worst police of all GTA ever.

130 replies to this topic
deLechuga
  • deLechuga

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

The real - life LAPD has 10,000 officers. LA Sheriff's department has another 10,000. This doesn't even include the cops in the other 76 incorporated cities in LA county which have their own police departments. There's also several federal law enforcement offices in LA (ATF, ICE, DEA, FBI, etc), and a number of military bases in the area.

If you think that the LSPD should "run out" of cops after you kill 300 of them you're a f*cking moron.

Oh, i guess you didn't get what i tried to say. I meant to say that NOT EVERY COP WILL PUT HIMSELF INTO THE FIRE LINE TO RISK THEIR LIFE, JERK. It is normal that cops just go without cover, right where u can shoot them? i guess not.  So,killing 300 officers it's a lot ;)

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

One more thing, above any grievances I have with the police in this game, the number one most frustrating thing is when the f*cking auto aim decides you would rather shoot cops shooting at you with puny pistols than a player shooting at you with a minigun. So many frustrating and unneccesary deaths from that where I could have easily shot the other player first if the f*cking auto aim didn't lock onto the cops over the player.

R* will encourage anything that can deplete your money. Shoot first cop's, seems to be their angle. Even with 1 wanted star.
R* = $$$$... cash cards anyone?

Bullsh*t, they wouldn't have made the missions available from the start menu if that was the case. I got very rich very quickly because of that.

Whats your point? You can drive to them or you find them in a start menu. Does'nt justify anything. Payouts are no different. Mission playlist's are even nerfed so you can't even legitimately farm all the mission's.

I'm talking about missions like Rooftop Rumble. You can't drive to them, and before you just had to get lucky and get it on the phone. Before, I would call Martin, Lester and Ron and take whatever mission is easiest and pays most. That means I would often get missions that take much longer than Rooftop Rumble, are more difficult, and there was luck involved in getting the good missions. Now if I need money I just start up Rooftop Rumble and do it a few times. This method is much, much quicker than before. And you can legitimately farm the missions, just not by replaying them instantly.

I don't really see what your point is here. Are you saying that adding the missions to the start menu has not made making money easier and faster?

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

One more thing, above any grievances I have with the police in this game, the number one most frustrating thing is when the f*cking auto aim decides you would rather shoot cops shooting at you with puny pistols than a player shooting at you with a minigun. So many frustrating and unneccesary deaths from that where I could have easily shot the other player first if the f*cking auto aim didn't lock onto the cops over the player.

R* will encourage anything that can deplete your money. Shoot first cop's, seems to be their angle. Even with 1 wanted star.
R* = $$$$... cash cards anyone?

Bullsh*t, they wouldn't have made the missions available from the start menu if that was the case. I got very rich very quickly because of that.

Whats your point? You can drive to them or you find them in a start menu. Does'nt justify anything. Payouts are no different. Mission playlist's are even nerfed so you can't even legitimately farm all the mission's.

I'm talking about missions like Rooftop Rumble. You can't drive to them, and before you just had to get lucky and get it on the phone. Before, I would call Martin, Lester and Ron and take whatever mission is easiest and pays most. That means I would often get missions that take much longer than Rooftop Rumble, are more difficult, and there was luck involved in getting the good missions. Now if I need money I just start up Rooftop Rumble and do it a few times. This method is much, much quicker than before. And you can legitimately farm the missions, just not by replaying them instantly.

I don't really see what your point is here. Are you saying that adding the missions to the start menu has not made making money easier and faster?

Im making no points about mission's? You were? Your reply suggests to me that the answer to getting easy money(mindless boring farming) was to simply go to a start menu. And if somehow that makes you content, then good for you.

DrRockkso
  • DrRockkso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

The real - life LAPD has 10,000 officers. LA Sheriff's department has another 10,000. This doesn't even include the cops in the other 76 incorporated cities in LA county which have their own police departments. There's also several federal law enforcement offices in LA (ATF, ICE, DEA, FBI, etc), and a number of military bases in the area.

If you think that the LSPD should "run out" of cops after you kill 300 of them you're a f*cking moron.

Oh, i guess you didn't get what i tried to say. I meant to say that NOT EVERY COP WILL PUT HIMSELF INTO THE FIRE LINE TO RISK THEIR LIFE, JERK. It is normal that cops just go without cover, right where u can shoot them? i guess not.  So,killing 300 officers it's a lot ;)

"To start, they are overpowered as f*ck, you can kill 300 of them, and they will keep coming, and keep coming all the time, so i have to guess that the LS police have more than 1 million officers,"

^ Your exact words.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by CenMan, 12 March 2014 - 04:02 PM.

Im making no points about mission's? You were? Your reply suggests to me that the answer to getting easy money(mindless boring farming) was to simply go to a start menu. And if somehow that makes you content, then good for you.

Yes I was, that's what I meant when I said they added missions to the start menu. That's how they made making money easier, which goes against your point that Rockstar will do anything to deplete your money faster. If they didn't want you to have money, they wouldn't have made it easier and faster to make money.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

What's the deal with people and police? Am I really THAT good escaping from them? Or are people TOOO bad at hiding?

I mean...I robbed an armored car, got 3 stars and escaped them with an unmodified Akuma without having to hide underground. Sometime later I did the same thing but with a Voltic.

Otherwise I either go through alleys and find a good hiding spot and watch how they pass by and don't notice me or go up a hill or underground and watch how they don't follow me there.

Seriously...The 3D police was much worse...No matter where you hid, they'd know your exact location.

You want them to arrest you? Just don't move and watch the character get on his knees and put his hands on the back. 

• Kampioen and 8up local like this

ChromeTurismo
  • ChromeTurismo

free dollar rims included

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

They couldn't be arsed to add the never wanted cheat from I
or previous games....

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by HiddenStreet, 12 March 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Has anyone ever randomly gotten stars after doing absolutely nothing immediately after spawning from getting killed by police? -- this usually occurs when I had a high amount of stars prior to being re-spawned:

Say I get 4, or 5 stars, then I get killed by the police, I'll spawn not too far away from the scene, and as I'm just walking by, I get an automatic star again.

The police in GTA V are incredibly aggressive, they're pests, to be honest. And I can't count the amount of times they've interfered while I was trying to get even with some other person online.

• BurningChrome likes this

RocknRumble
  • RocknRumble

The absolute madman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Oh man, where do I begin? Cops in GTA V aren't just nuts, they're the whole damn bag of trail mix. Anyone offense above a silent fart will throw you into an insane police chase, and by "police chase" I mean that 80% of Los Santos' finest have just dedicated their careers to wiping every greasy bit of you off the face of the earth. They're really hyper aggressive. I mean if you hit their cars, and by I "hit"  I mean you give the cars a little love tap, they go all "YOU DUN F*CKED UP KID!" Not only that, but they're also freaking omniscient, as they see where you are several city blocks away. When they do inevitably find you they will unleash the wrath of God upon you in a hail of bullets. So yeah, cops in GTA V are crazy aggressive. It kind of brings to light how lax the cops were in GTA IV.

Deathdime89
  • Deathdime89

Night Caller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

It's way worse in single player, the police are absolutely brutal, they're always on your ass and it's f*cking impossible to shake them unless you're in a supercar

There is one thing that I was kind of unhappy with. In single player, if you get out of your vehicle, and into another vehicle well wanted but not spotted, your blip goes gray. You are hidden, you get a little more leeway with escaping from the cops. In Multiplayer, it's like they decided to just can the idea. 

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I prefer the cops in GTA V. It re-enforces good behaviour and I appreciate the challenge they provide. 

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Yes I was, that's what I meant when I said they added missions to the start menu. That's how they made making money easier, which goes against your point that Rockstar will do anything to deplete your money faster. If they didn't want you to have money, they wouldn't have made it easier and faster to make money.

Fair enough, i understand what you mean. But i still think its weak. If you compare this GTA to the previous one's. You'll see that everything is made with a weak point to suit R*'s agenda.
For instance:
• previous GTA's used to have a button you could mash when getting into a car or standing up. Not anymore, which leads to many annoying, expensive deaths. Seems convenient they left it out.
• A.I. constantly running into car's more then ever. (more $)
• bugs with losing items you saved for.
• spawns(gangs/police)that literally happen within my sight out of thin air.
Etc...
None of this happened with past title's. But they did'nt associate with cash card's. Now that its about trying to hold onto your cash. I find it interesting that its easier to lose everything. Hell, you can even drop your weapon by 'accident' now. Requiring you to purchase it again.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Fair enough, i understand what you mean. But i still think its weak. If you compare this GTA to the previous one's. You'll see that everything is made with a weak point to suit R*'s agenda.
For instance:
• previous GTA's used to have a button you could mash when getting into a car or standing up. Not anymore, which leads to many annoying, expensive deaths. Seems convenient they left it out.
Etc...
None of this happened with past title's. But they did'nt associate with cash card's. Now that its about trying to hold onto your cash. I find it interesting that its easier to lose everything. Hell, you can even drop your weapon by 'accident' now. Requiring you to purchase it again.

I agree all those things suck, but I find it hard to believe that they were put in as part of a plan to make you lose money faster so they can sell more cash cards.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

The cops, however annoying are random as f*ck as well. You may find one time its a snap escaping the popo, then the next its like the game just decided to turn up the asshole meter and the cops become all knowing, all seeing, infinitely spawning in your path, omniscient pricks...

Don't sit there and brag about being able to escape the pigs "no prob". You get lucky once in awhile, but you're not going to fool me or anyone else out there with half a brain cell.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Don´t f**ck with GTA V police.

250px-T-Patrick.jpg

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

I like the cops

Problem?

They are too easy in every other game I like the challenge and realism

• Tabula Rasa and LogScottWood like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

I agree, but it would be nice if they came in waves. Like if you kill 20 of them, you have a short time to get away before more cops spawn.

Well, that's how RDR did it.

After nearly 2 hours blasting away at the Mexican Army at the fort, they slowly started coming in smaller and smaller numbers, even started running out of horses and ran in on foot.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by The Spook, 12 March 2014 - 04:44 PM.

I hate how i'm about to get away after the 3 years it takes to shake them and one of them appears right in front of me.

How i'm hiding somewhere in the perfect spot and they know exactly how to get back there where I am and find me.

How an ordinary squad car is able to catch up to me instantly while driving a super car.

How i'm travelling top speed on the freeway in a super car and the cop standing by the roadblock van and spike strips fires a pistol and hits me dead on. Multiple times.

How none of them are around when I do something illegal but they suddenly just start appearing everywhere.

How they camp around LSC during a car chase.

How they always interfere in gunfights with other players.

RomeofSBD
  • RomeofSBD

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yeah they f'n suck. The other day I was racially profiled by one-time lol. I'm in passive mode watching other players have a shoot out then all off a sudden I get a 1 star wanted level and the cops began blasting at me. Dafuq?

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

I like the cops

Problem?

They are too easy in every other game I like the challenge and realism

Word up.

I suppose not all GTA players can be the rugged, chiseled jaw badasses that we are. 

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I agree, but it would be nice if they came in waves. Like if you kill 20 of them, you have a short time to get away before more cops spawn.

Well, that's how RDR did it.

After nearly 2 hours blasting away at the Mexican Army at the fort, they slowly started coming in smaller and smaller numbers, even started running out of horses and ran in on foot.

Yeah I like how they did it in RDR, but obviously the LSPD would be a bit stronger.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Yeah they f'n suck. The other day I was racially profiled by one-time lol. I'm in passive mode watching other players have a shoot out then all off a sudden I get a 1 star wanted level and the cops began blasting at me. Dafuq?

You were obviously guilty by association...

Cop logic...smh.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

In every GTA they were boring. i like high speed chases every other gta forced you to slow down to keep them on your tail. In gta V you can speed along and they will keep up. better driving mechanics ect. if they pop up infront of you duck into an alley or side street there are literally thousands of em. or if you find police to be such a pest call lester. I think it would be more advantageous to R* if police busted you in MP. Hence lose all weapons hence need more money lol. Not serious this would suck but I wonder why R* never thought about that

alijahgreen
  • alijahgreen

Boss of all bosses

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

A bunch of crying babies.

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

They were just retarded in previous games so they seem OP now, the way they drive in front of you and turn as you do is f*cking annoying though

Deathdime89
  • Deathdime89

Night Caller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:53 PM Edited by Deathdime89, 12 March 2014 - 04:55 PM.

For instance:
Etc...

I agree all those things suck, but I find it hard to believe that they were put in as part of a plan to make you lose money faster so they can sell more cash cards.

Same, I hate that these problems exist, but I don't think there is some grand conspiracy going on about cash cards. This is the first time R* North has done anything like 'this' in the online portion of the game. RDR may have had the openness that we see here, but it didn't have nearly the amount of customization that we see in GTAO. I believe that this is unfamiliar territory for them, and maybe they should have gotten more experience with this kind of script writing. There is little we can do at this point though, I just hope R*'s developers learn from this in the greatest capacity ever. 

I have never purchased cash cards, and I probably never will. That doesn't mean I do not appreciate what those who have purchased the cash cards, have done for R*/GTAO. They will be the driving force for what pay's the developers to enhance content for GTAO while other GTA games release. Maybe I am foolish for thinking that something good will come from cash cards. I cannot help it though. I love R* Games, and I have loved them since DMA Designs. So what if I am defending them? I can think of far worse publishers, and development groups whom have f*cked over far many more people than what others claim R* has done. Enough about that though, this is on a slippery slope to becoming a different kind of argument. I just say these things, so others can get a good inkling to where I stand with my post. If you do not agree with me, that is fair, I will not force you to any conclusion. 

• Kampioen and LukeMayhem like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

They were just retarded in previous games so they seem OP now, the way they drive in front of you and turn as you do is f*cking annoying though

Have anyone on this forum ever seen real police chase videos. Police in this game (Driving anyways) Use real tactics. PIT Manuvers, Ramming and blocking. Only reason GTA V cops seem OP is that AI in other games was retarded.

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

For instance:
Etc...

Same, I hate that these problems exist, but I don't think there is some grand conspiracy going on about cash cards. This is the first time R* North has done anything like 'this' in the online portion of the game. RDR may have had the openness that we see here, but it didn't have nearly the amount of customization that we see in GTAO. I believe that this is unfamiliar territory for them, and maybe they should have gotten more experience with this kind of script writing. There is little we can do at this point though, I just hope R*'s developers learn from this in the greatest capacity ever. 

I have never purchased cash cards, and I probably never will. That doesn't mean I do not appreciate what those who have purchased the cash cards, have done for R*/GTAO. They will be the driving force for what pay's the developers to enhance content for GTAO while other GTA games release. Maybe I am foolish for thinking that something good will come from cash cards. I cannot help it though. I love R* Games, and I have loved them since DMA Designs. So what if I am defending them? I can think of far worse publishers, and development groups whom have f*cked over far many more people than what others claim R* has done. Enough about that though, this is on a slippery slope to becoming a different kind of argument. I just say these things, so others can get a good inkling to where I stand with my post. If you do not agree with me, that is fair, I will not force you to any conclusion. 

Nice post. Hope your right bout R*. Just don't want them turning into EA.
  • Deathdime89 likes this

DrRockkso
  • DrRockkso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

The differences between law enforcement in a sparsely-populated early-1900's western frontier region and law enforcement in a 21st century urban metropolis should be very obvious. Saying "why don't the police come in fewer numbers as you kill them off like in RDR" is comical.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Have anyone on this forum ever seen real police chase videos. Police in this game (Driving anyways) Use real tactics. PIT Manuvers, Ramming and blocking. Only reason GTA V cops seem OP is that AI in other games was retarded.

I've never seen a cop in a real life car chase purposefully causing a head on collision at over 100 mph.

• tomuk3, Deathdime89 and LukeMayhem like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users