» «
Photo

Worst police of all GTA ever.

130 replies to this topic
[T]
  • [T]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by [T], 12 March 2014 - 02:02 PM.

Wow this topic is a throwback, feels like OP typed this up in late 2013 and only posted now, but I agree :lol: I was outside of Trevor's store online recently and I accidentally hit circle and punched the air.. I got a star for it and they shoot me immediately as they arrive.

They got really lazy with the AI and to cover it up they just made the cops super aggressive. No longer will you see a cop arresting or pulling someone over and ticketing them like in IV. Now in V even a 90 year old granny will get pumped with lead because she has an expired license plate sticker. :facedesk: Someone at R* rides to work everyday on a very short bus.

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I agree. The police are somehow capable of bullet-curving like in Wanted ; Weapons of Fate, hunting you over a crime that you did in the middle of nowhere like the Grand Senora Desert, much like the psychic guards in Oblivion, and they won't even bother chasing after someone that hit their cars when they're pursuing me.

This happened when I was trying out a new character, there's this guy stalking me after I did the hold up mission for Lamar, and as soon as I headed towards LSC, he started ramming my Tailgater. I tried driving in the direction of the police cars, hoping that it would make him go away, but no, the cops are dead set on pursuing me, ignoring that guy... I wonder if the cop cars appeared as normal civilian cars in his point of view? 

However, escaping the cops is actually not that hard in GTAV/Online, even without Lester's help, all you have to do is stay away from the main road, and if the cops deployed choppers, just head to that tunnel that was used as an escape route in the jewel store heist, or, hide in the tunnel near the tram tracks. 

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yea i know right the cops in this game remind me alot of the cops in gta sa where they just suddendly spawn out of no where and are relentless only difference is you cant shake them mother******* like you can in 5 at least. What i hate the most is when im in a maxed out supercar and they some how are as fast as me that **** is discouraging and also when in free roam when youre battling with other members and they come out of nowhere from behind with a shotgun and off you with one shot. Dont even get me started on how bulletproof they are and how it takes more than one clip to kill them at times.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

I like how they smash into me when I'm on a motorcycle with 1 star. You run a red light and they pit you on a motorcycle going 120mph...better call Saul

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yea i know right the cops in this game remind me alot of the cops in gta sa where they just suddendly spawn out of no where and are relentless only difference is you cant shake them mother******* like you can in 5 at least. What i hate the most is when im in a maxed out supercar and they some how are as fast as me that **** is discouraging and also when in free roam when youre battling with other members and they come out of nowhere from behind with a shotgun and off you with one shot. Dont even get me started on how bulletproof they are and how it takes more than one clip to kill them at times.

Hehe... That's why I always shoot their legs if a headshot is not possible. From what I learned by grinding Coveted, once an NPC got kneecapped, they will start bleeding to death. From a close range, it's as effective as a headshot.

...Well, I've only tested that with a sniper rifle, so I don't know if the fact applies for all guns.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

A cop was running back to his car the other day and bumped into my character.  Guess WTF happens? 1 star and massive shoot out.  It's insane.

The cops are great. The only people who complain are people that suck and can't get away from them. It's actually too easy imo.

You're an idiot.
At least I don't suck at this game like you apparently do.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Have you asked yourself "why?" Rockstar implemented such an overwhelming, powerful police presence in their game?

Did you ever play GTA4 Multiplayer? 

GTA4M was based on rising in rank via racing, deathmatches, and team missions. When you got bored, you could go into Free Roam where it was complete mayhem, so typically, you'd only visit Free Roam to just goof around. It was not a place to spend any great amount of time, unless you enjoyed being spawnkilled by hackers who drove around in neon cars or dinosaur vehicles.

I posted a theory about the police presence a while ago. Not sure if it's relevant or if there's anything to it. It's just a perspective. You might find it interesting. Or not. :)

http://gtaforums.com...tao-cop-theory/

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Cops online shoot to kill no matter what wanted level you have. It was this way in gta iv too. In sp they will try to arrest you at 1 to 2 star. Police in gta iv kept coming too. I used to mod my sp Save to have god mode and go on rampages lasting a few hours. I like the new cop driving Ai
I never liked how you lose health easily in gta v. It makes it more realistic but the Ai even enemy Ai has too perfect of aim. In every gta game cops were pathetic. They crashed more than they follow ypu. In gta iv if I wanted to keep a cp chase going in a car I would have to drive really slowly. In gta v they can keep up and do a better job pitting you and boxing you in.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

I f*cking hate the wanted system in thus game. Escelates wayyy too fast. What happened to those fun 1 star foot chases in IV??? Now its just an instant shootout with the same outcome every time.

Also, their damage needs reduced.
  • fw3 likes this

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

You would know you weren't the only one if you had done a search before posting.

im sos sick and tired of people saying "ohhh you use the search bar" or whatever. searching on a forum never f*ckin works. im on multiple forums and they never work! give up!

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I f*cking hate the wanted system in thus game. Escelates wayyy too fast. What happened to those fun 1 star foot chases in IV??? Now its just an instant shootout with the same outcome every time.

You get one star and can stay in one star As long as you stay on foot. Getting in a car and evading arrest warrants a 2 star

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

You get one star and can stay in one star As long as you stay on foot. Getting in a car and evading arrest warrants a 2 star

Really? I thought that as soon as you meet them eye to eye, the wanted level immediately rises to two.

I heard that this is because you can't get busted in GTA:O.

FlatsTheButtKicker
  • FlatsTheButtKicker

ɹǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ pnoɹԀ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Cops had NOS before it was cool, seriously what's whith the fact that they can get super boost to keep up with us and ram us but when we get the super boost R* takes it away from us.

• RocknRumble likes this

deLechuga
  • deLechuga

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Probably the weird thing, it's that I am driving a fully maxed Sultan, or maybe my Bullet/Vacca, really fast cars, and the police car keeps following me like if he is just using half of his engine power hahaha that's so annoying, and of course, they spawn out of nowhere :p

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

I agree with all of this, except that they're the worst ever, and that they find you no matter where you are hiding. In my experience, they search around the area where you were last seen. If I get a decent distance away from that area and hide in an alley, they never seem to find me. Unless they bring a helicopter.

One thing I would like to add, even though it's been said a million times. They're too damn accurate!

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

They shoot you at one star only when you are waving a gun around and shooting or if they take too long to get you.

If you only steal a car they will only try to ram you/pit you. If you steal a car, run over 15 pedestrains and shoot at the police cars then yeah, they should be able to shoot the sh*t out of you.

How is it the worst police ever? Back in my times, cops wouldn't even try to arrest you on foot. They would beat the sh*t out of your face to death with their bare fists.

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by LukeMayhem, 12 March 2014 - 03:28 PM.

R* will encourage anything that can deplete your money. Shoot first cop's, seems to be their angle. Even with 1 wanted star.
R* = $$$$... cash cards anyone?

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

One more thing, above any grievances I have with the police in this game, the number one most frustrating thing is when the f*cking auto aim decides you would rather shoot cops shooting at you with puny pistols than a player shooting at you with a minigun. So many frustrating and unneccesary deaths from that where I could have easily shot the other player first if the f*cking auto aim didn't lock onto the cops over the player.

R* will encourage anything that can deplete your money. Shoot first cop's, seems to be their angle. Even with 1 wanted star.

Bullsh*t, they wouldn't have made the missions available from the start menu if that was the case. I got very rich very quickly because of that.

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Just do get involved in any criminal activities and you'll be just fine.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

I wouldn't say the worst, I'd say they're definitely the hardest though.

I like the challenge of getting into a big chase and trying to loose them.

The impounding can be annoying but it adds extra incentive to trying to stay alive and loose them.

But I do think all guns blazing at one star is ott though.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

One more thing, above any grievances I have with the police in this game, the number one most frustrating thing is when the f*cking auto aim decides you would rather shoot cops shooting at you with puny pistols than a player shooting at you with a minigun. So many frustrating and unneccesary deaths from that where I could have easily shot the other player first if the f*cking auto aim didn't lock onto the cops over the player.

Bullsh*t, they wouldn't have made the missions available from the start menu if that was the case. I got very rich very quickly because of that.
Don't lean on a gameplay mechanic if you're not prepared for it to fail you. Try not using auto aim and that won't be an issue for you.
  • LukeMayhem likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

The cops are not all that bad.  They're scared of tunnels and easily outrun in most vehicles.  There's something wrong if you can't beat them most the time.

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

I think the over aggressive police force was supposed to be taken as  a joke. Same as the peds that can't drive for sh*t. The only thing is, it's one of those jokes that goes on forever and it wasn't funny to begin with...

DrRockkso
  • DrRockkso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

The real - life LAPD has 10,000 officers. LA Sheriff's department has another 10,000. This doesn't even include the cops in the other 76 incorporated cities in LA county which have their own police departments. There's also several federal law enforcement offices in LA (ATF, ICE, DEA, FBI, etc), and a number of military bases in the area.

If you think that the LSPD should "run out" of cops after you kill 300 of them you're a f*cking moron.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

The real - life LAPD has 10,000 officers. LA Sheriff's department has another 10,000. This doesn't even include the cops in the other 76 incorporated cities in LA county which have their own police departments. There's also several federal law enforcement offices in LA (ATF, ICE, DEA, FBI, etc), and a number of military bases in the area.

If you think that the LSPD should "run out" of cops after you kill 300 of them you're a f*cking moron.

I agree, but it would be nice if they came in waves. Like if you kill 20 of them, you have a short time to get away before more cops spawn.

• Bozzah likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by Bozzah, 12 March 2014 - 03:43 PM.

You would know you weren't the only one if you had done a search before posting.

Well, this is a forum about a single game, it's impossible to make 100000 different threads, at some point they will start repeating, you know... the game just don't have that much things to talk about, so i'll tell u what, if you don't like my thread, don't read it, nobody is pulling a gun against your head, i'm really tired of people bitching on every thread.

well you're wrong there, 2 stars

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Well, this is a forum about a single game, it's impossible to make 100000 different threads, at some point they will start repeating, you know... the game just don't have that much things to talk about, so i'll tell u what, if you don't like my thread, don't read it, nobody is pulling a gun against your head, i'm really tired of people bitching on every thread.

Yet creates an entire bitching thread himself hahaha

but i do agree, the cops are bad. id like instead of new cars being added they fix the AI of the cops to be a bit more reasonable. Challenging AI is good, but cops that are godly is just annoying.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Don't lean on a gameplay mechanic if you're not prepared for it to fail you. Try not using auto aim and that won't be an issue for you.

I like auto aim in GTA. I just deal with it and try to keep the cops off my back. The game's default setting is auto aim, so it should work as well as possible. It doesn't, and that's why I'm complaining. My complaint is completely legitimate.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

actually... when somewhere someone kills 300 cops, it's about time for the military...

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Whats your point? You can drive to them or you find them in a start menu. Does'nt justify anything. Payouts are no different. Mission playlist's are even nerfed so you can't even legitimately farm all the mission's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users