Hardcore mode / Hardcore lobby?

17 replies to this topic
SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

Would you play by this rule set?

Police stop you for speeding and running lights.
Police fine you at one star.
Police break off dangerous chases at one star.
Cars take gas, one tank would last several hours of steady driving.
Go to all locations, no teleporting.
Car stays where you leave it.
Damaged cars do not get fixed in jobs.
Destroyed or indrivable cars must be towed.

Other suggestions for a real hardcore mode?

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

i would play it, yes

how about char permanent death? LOL

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Beat_Savy_9 would have some great ideas for you OP, that's the resident hardcore mode expert. But I don't think he or she is online at the moment.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Permanent death is a really exciting thing to me but I'm positive I couldn't handle it in GTA. >.< Unless there was a cool mechanism by which lethal injuries could be avoided with skill and common injuries (like getting slammed by a new-spawned cop car at 500 mph) remained non-lethal.

I draw the line at spending real time in hospital, jail or bed though. :p

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

inb4 Beat_Savy_9.

My answer: No.

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Carrying too much ammo will slow you down. 

Let me just fit my minigun and rpg in my shorts back pocket. 

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Yes I would! I like OP idea of PV and no teleporting. More things...

-Increased spawning distance upon death (maybe an option to spawn at hospital or home)

-Only carry a few weapon (and not in your pockets). instead like it is in Max Payne 3. The rest in your trunk or at home.

-Carry lots of weapon or heavy vest slow you down.

- Better armoured vest system (not depleting like now)

-Police arrest you if having weapons out. Only small weapons can be hidden in pockets like pistol or sawnoffs.

-More things to do in freeroam similar to armour trucks, crates and Simeons cars. Like bank hits, assassins, selling drugs or guns.

- No armour or bulletproof tires on supercars.

- Different wanted system. Where you  can be wanted by police but not currently having stars.

I draw the line at permanent death but some sort of penalty system including the prison would be cool.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Would you play by this rule set?

Police stop you for speeding and running lights.
Police fine you at one star.
Police break off dangerous chases at one star.
Cars take gas, one tank would last several hours of steady driving.
Go to all locations, no teleporting.
Car stays where you leave it.
Damaged cars do not get fixed in jobs.
Destroyed or indrivable cars must be towed.

Other suggestions for a real hardcore mode?

Sounds like it should be called X-Tra Easy mode

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

The car ideas sound cool although would be hell when implemented. I can see people losing 10 cars on a daily basis because of poorly-timed manuevers.

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by ktm_ryder, 12 March 2014 - 09:18 AM.

I wish the missions were set in freeroam. Im guessing its too much for the console too handle and with curent blip system it would be too much trolling from other players.

The mission modes just dont do it for me. I  much rather have a seamless experince where I get a call, do a job and get the payment. All happening while in that same freeroam. Mission cordinates would be more random making the mission different from time to time. This and no blips would make it harder for other players to sabotage.

This was my biggest dream or wish for GTA V. Just a big freeroam experience with lots of activities to make it alive. Its too much loading and jumping in and out of lobbies. Your car magically spawns next too you. Even you were in a buzzard you suddenly on the ground after completion. When you start a mission you all teleport to the same location instead of meeting up.  

When you sell a car to LSC or Simeon you have too respawn outside with no weapons out making it easy for people too gun you down or stickytrap you.

If you kill a person they respawn right next to you again. In IV you could choose Close, Medium or Far for spawning making it suitable for players with different taste in gameplay. I like my kills and my own deaths to count for something.

As great as V is. I do play it almost every day. They did miss some important stuff from IV to bring over making it a hardcore criminal experince and not just clowns trolling around in chrome adders. With more options it would be room for both, just different rooms. ;)

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

how about

you can only carry 2 weapon (like Max Payne 3)

much less ammo, like 3-4 mags for a carbine

I wish the missions were set in freeroam. Im guessing its too much for the console too handle and with curent blip system it would be too much trolling from other players.

The mission modes just dont do it for me. I  much rather have a seamless experince where I get a call, do a job and get the payment. All happening while in that same freeroam. Mission cordinates would be more random making the mission different from time to time. This and no blips would make it harder for other players to sabotage.

This was my biggest dream or wish for GTA V. Just a big freeroam experience with lots of activities to make it alive. Its too much loading and jumping in and out of lobbies. Your car magically spawns next too you. Even you were in a buzzard you suddenly on the ground after completion. When you start a mission you all teleport to the same location instead of meeting up.  

When you sell a car to LSC or Simeon you have too respawn outside with no weapons out making it easy for people too gun you down or stickytrap you.

If you kill a person they respawn right next to you again. In IV you could choose Close, Medium or Far for spawning making it suitable for players with different taste in gameplay. I like my kills and my own deaths to count for something.

As great as V is. I do play it almost every day. They did miss some important stuff from IV to bring over making it a hardcore criminal experince and not just clowns trolling around in chrome adders. With more options it would be room for both, just different rooms. ;)

that is a cool idea, but I think there will be like 10 tanks waiting at Martin's home if game run in that way

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Yes I really like the Max Payne weapon thing. Wrote that in my earlier post. 

As for the tanks. More random cordinates for meeting places, no blips and not everyone in session know you was on a mission for Martin.

• FRAIZER likes this

Welshlad
  • Welshlad

Too much hate in the world

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

I would play but perhaps just after gaining level 120 theres was like a prestige mode like in bo2 which would unlock small changes specifc to your current rank

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

If this kind of thing happened, I would like to see the radar being disabled, or at least remove player blips (except for your crew.) And people who have a bounty would show up every 10 seconds for 1 second.

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

If this kind of thing happened, I would like to see the radar being disabled, or at least remove player blips (except for your crew.) And people who have a bounty would show up every 10 seconds for 1 second.

Yes the blips would problaby have to go.

Also maybe a possefeature like RDR for temporary partners in crime not in your crew.

The Bounty could be call Lester to get the current location of a bounty blip a few seconds. Or as you say. But maybe 10 seconds is little to tight. Maybe 10 sec if they in vehicle and 30 sec if on foot.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

HELL YES !!!

u can only carry one small gun, one rifle/bigfatgun and one thing to throw, everything else is in the trunk of your PV

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

HELL YES !!!

u can only carry one small gun, one rifle/bigfatgun and one thing to throw, everything else is in the trunk of your PV

Yes that would make regular cars with trunks more of a use. Sportcars would be for racing and cruising.  Also gunfights would be longer and funnier with more handguns. Not so many explosives. For example Its kinda lame when having a gunfight in the subway system and someone suddenly pulls out a RPG from their pockets. ;)

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by Enchilada, 12 March 2014 - 03:12 PM.

-500 rounds maximum 

-free aim 

-no blips on radar (including AI)

-limited health rejuvenation (vending machines, armor)

-1 armor per day

-4 weapon carry ons maximum

-Lester calls disabled

-1 MMI call per day

-mechanic disabled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users