54 replies to this topic
Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

-Stealth mode removes your blip from radar

As much as I'd like this idea, it wouldn't work (because you have to pay Lester 500$ to do that and you wouldn't lose money and therefore not buy cashcards)
Plus everyone would do this and no one can ever be seen (I'd like that though, it'd be more fun and realistic, but some people would whine about it)

Mr. Muramasa
  • Mr. Muramasa

Corsair

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

• Stealth mode removes your blip on radar

This is a good idea. You'd basically be able to hide if you were on foot. Seems pretty fair since players on foot are at the biggest disadvantage in freemode.

You sure about that? I mean, I would think that you are only at a disadvantage if you are against a group in a car as opposed to a single person in a car...

Ugh... so many people who attack in groups think they're such bad-asses just because they outnumber me who has no choice but to go solo and try not to hurt others on purpose...

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

I don't really care about the applications in freeroam, I'd just like to have more stealth stuff in missions.

We already have a system with view cones on the minimap for police/wanted levels. If they applied that to enemy guards patroling whatever place you're attacking, then it would open up a whole realm of possibilities for MGS style gameplay. Like if you use silenced weapons and kill a guard without anyone seeing them, the entire group doesn't start shooting at you.

These ideas are present to a small degree in single player missions but they're seriously underdeveloped.

Something else that could incorporate stealth: burglary missions like in SA. This would be another fun thing to do on the main map in freemode and would give Rockstar a chance to grow the playable area in the game by adding building interiors for places we could rob.

• livejoker and Evershade like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 12 March 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Anyone remembers a game called Red Dead Redemption, made by R*? Yeah, one update brought the ability to crouch and your blip would be removed off the map. You could use a weapon and hover over until you could see their name in white but apart from that they were ghosts in the hill. Easy ambush but you could get away. People bitching about camping needs to chill. Go in a deathmatch and players keep phoning Lester to reveal position anyway.

This.  Stealth desperately needs to be fixed and should be a priority.  They need to bring the crouched stealth mode that turns off our blips as well as fixing the suppressors effect.  R* are idiots for not implementing this, are they f*cking retarded.  That's not a question.

They let people switch from high powered rifles to RPG's pulled out of their asses in a millisecond but they won't let you use stealth to kill, f*cking rockstar logic is f*cking retarded.  Let that f*cking humble their dumbasses.

Also NPC bodies should never despawn, they should have been able to be picked up and moved for stealth reasons.  As well looking at their inventory and stealing their clothes.  Like gloves, shoes, boots, flannel tops, etc. etc.

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by Cwinny24, 12 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

• Ability to duel wield weapons like in SA

I'd love to duel wield some swords.. 

Meh, this aint World of Warcraft

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by dedeto, 12 March 2014 - 06:07 PM.

why some talentless deathmatch players always complain about "camping" ?there is nothing to complain about camping because you have a brain to use OR I don't advise but the option to call Lester and reveal all players.If someone kills you with sniper rifle 3 times in a row,it doesn't mean he is ruining the game.It means,there is an available place to use sniper rifle on this map.You should use stealth mode and be clever to hide behind objects and move slowly until you find and kill him.that's the point in deathmatches.I never camped in deathmatches and always found and killed campers..But all this complainers want a blip fest in deathmatches.They want to see their enemy's blip on the radar wherever he/her is.You can play Last Team Standing instead of playing DM if you have problems.Or there is a mode created for this;Free Roam..

• livejoker likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Never witness such terrible idea in all my GTA days. Stealth mode removes blip? Stupid. Everybody would be whoring it to kingdom come and it would quite frankly piss me right off.

What's so bad about it?  It's not like you could run around without your blip.  You would be practically walking.

Your idea sucks. Get over it!

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Never witness such terrible idea in all my GTA days. Stealth mode removes blip? Stupid. Everybody would be whoring it to kingdom come and it would quite frankly piss me right off.

What's so bad about it?  It's not like you could run around without your blip.  You would be practically walking.

Your idea sucks. Get over it!

If you don't provide reasons, then your opinion is useless.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

I don't understand people who are so strongly opinionated against it. It's not as if...oh, we had God Mode on or a couple of million dollars to spend on muggers and mercs. It's not like we make everyone in the lobby suddenly burst into flames. It's not like we're driving a goddamn ice cream truck firing rockets. This is a legit and nicely presented idea. It makes sense. If R* want to introduce money to give realism and even add lung capacity to let you breathe longer under water the more you use it, the more stealthier I should be. Oh, level up stealth and you can "half-jog" faster in stealth. Bullsh*t. That's stamina. You know why? Because I'm using my f*cking legs. If I wanted stealth up, I'd want the ability to hide a bit easier.

People are whining as if we'd all go invisible and kill them without them knowing we're there. Oh, but use a tank or a nuke-tested Entity against you and it's almost acceptable. I approve of OP's ideas (except the 50% off blip map thing, that would be reached almost too easily for most players) and want R* to recognize stealth as a real thing, not some sh*tty stat that makes you walk faster as if you just crapped your pants.

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

This isn't f*cking Splinter Cell, or Thief, or whatever the f*ck else is the new stealth combat game.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by livejoker, 12 March 2014 - 08:33 PM.

This isn't f*cking Splinter Cell, or Thief, or whatever the f*ck else is the new stealth combat game.

Good thing that stealth stat says "This isn't f*cking Splinter Cell, or Thief, or whatever the f*ck else is the new stealth combat game." when you hover over it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Zeldeza
  • Zeldeza

Master Sniper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

• Ability to duel wield weapons like in SA

I'd love to duel wield some swords.. 

Ever tried Skyrim?

Yes, but I would like to run around LS with some swords. 

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Good thing that stealth stat says "This isn't f*cking Splinter Cell, or Thief, or whatever the f*ck else is the new stealth combat game." when you hover over it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Way to be clueless and say something indecipherable. You win teh interwebs!

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Way to be clueless and say something indecipherable. You win teh interwebs!

It's not indecipherable. It's in f*cking English.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

OP, what you truly desire, in my opinion, is Hardcore Mode. :)

I'm siding with livejoker in this debate, it's silly to have a rank-able stat that does nothing.

• livejoker likes this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

stealth taking ppl. off radar... in a matter of weeks everyone will be off radar

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Id be happy if they just applied the deathamtch stealth mechanics to all game modes.

Pair this with reducing damage on suppressed weapons and itd be perfect.

Players move so slow in stealth that there blips would nearly always be on the map while running driving or using unsupressed weapons for the extra damage.

Evershade
  • Evershade

He Who Sparketh It

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Sounds like a good idea. It is definitely strange that we have several stats that are practically useless (stealth, breath, strength), but I am pretty sure that any attempt to incorporate an upgraded stealth system would backfire somehow. R* would push the pendulum too hard and it would take years for it to normalize again.

My advice: play AC4 or SC multiplayer. I roll rogue every chance I get, so I feel your pain at not having decent stealth in this game, but then again there are a lot of outlets for that type of gameplay nowadays. That way, we don't risk R* f*cking this game any worse in some vain attempt to overhaul the combat system.

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Wouldnt be an overhaul though. Just applying already existing mechanics globally across all game modes. And job done

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

OP, what you truly desire, in my opinion, is Hardcore Mode. :)

I'm siding with livejoker in this debate, it's silly to have a rank-able stat that does nothing.

Thanks for that.
Hardcore mode seems the way to go. Just add a menu like Red Dead had. You had Normal, Hardcore and Friendly, if I remember correctly. I think the blips off the map thing was across all game modes (freeroam wise)...I THINK. Red Dead had it going. If R* can add those in a patch from a game from 2010, they can easily do it here. It would add an immersive aspect to GTA V which is something R* needs to get the heists thing off their back (why do you think they release all these small DLC's?) and would help players pick what they enjoy the most. A bit off topic with my hardcore mode and other modes talk seeing this is stealth talk but if those two (player matchmaking + stealth as well as other little things R* may think up) would be in a near update, it would no doubt keep players entertained.

I know there's a few threads here that ask for stuff that is obviously a wish list but the things I said above aren't that far-fetched and have been in a previous R* game.

• beat_savy_9 likes this

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

Yeah i would love to see stealth actually integrated in GTA V, instead of it not really being a function except for crouching just a litttleeee bit closer to your gun when you press R3. 

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Nurkic
  • Nurkic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

i

This will turn DM into more of a camp fest.
No sir.

DM Already has it.

Reconified
  • Reconified

The hacker known as 4chan

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

It'd just be nice to be able to kill a shirtless redneck with a knife in stealth mode in the middle of nowhere and not get a wanted level.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

I can see it now LOL 

A bunch of people on foot, just creeping around the map, how boring would that be. 

cattafett
  • cattafett

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

manhunt survivals 

if you know manhunt i want a smileys or the hobo paperbag mask

if you don't know manhunt, give up

• ShinobiFixer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users