Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

would you agree that player killing is getting a little out of hand?

90 replies to this topic
smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

    Foot Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 02 Dec 2013

#61

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

 vote to kick (which is broken, since i sometimes get a message saying other players are voting to kick me when i've done nothing to provoke it).

 

 

OMG, I just read that part of the OP's message. LMAO - are you serious?


ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

    TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 12 Jul 2010
  • United-States

#62

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Invite only.

laserdad
  • laserdad

    GTA Junkies crew posterboy

  • Members
  • Joined: 19 Jan 2005
  • Norway

#63

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think it's time to get a little more creative in free mode, like the guy I ran into yesterday who tried very hard to pick my Turismo up with his cargobob. I got curious, so I let him, and sure enough - he flew me over to Bolinbrook Penitentiary and dropped me in the yard. I had a pretty good time first escaping the prison and then evading the four-star..

Now that is a much more interesting way of causing havoc than the usual 'spawn-kill until he leaves' bullsh*t. Get creative people!
  • PoisoNinja140_48 likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

    Prankster

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 Oct 2013
  • None

#64

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Invite only.

 

This isn't even realistic as you can do more in free roam than just shoot each other.

 

Fundamental problem is this.  There are those that like PVP and there are those that like PVE.  PVP guys are happy as they can do what they want, PVE guys are less happy as there isn't an effective solution so that they can play cooperatively in free roam with others without some wannabe Rambo showing up and harassing them.  Passive mode is not a solution as it stands.

 

I want to ride my BMX with others in free roam...how long do you think I would survive?  Not long before someone imposes THEIR will upon me.  Without an effective PVE option then there are areas of the game cut off for PVE only players.

 

When people say go invite only or get a crew they are willfully ignoring the fact that this game doesn't cater well to PVE players which is strange as its far more popular when you look mainstream MMO server populations!

  • saintsrow likes this

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

    Square Civilian

  • Members
  • Joined: 30 May 2007

#65

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

99% of people bought this game to steal cars, kill people, blow things up. The other 1% should stick to playing Solitaire.

  • meatrocket8 likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

    Prankster

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 Oct 2013
  • None

#66

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

99% of people bought this game to steal cars, kill people, blow things up. The other 1% should stick to playing Solitaire.

 

Lets pluck random percentages from the air and present it as fact...always a winner!

  • Kampioen, Biohazard Abyss, LahTigre and 2 others like this

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

    Miss Demeanor

  • Members
  • Joined: 15 Dec 2013
  • None

#67

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

 

Invite only.

 

This isn't even realistic as you can do more in free roam than just shoot each other.

 

Fundamental problem is this.  There are those that like PVP and there are those that like PVE.  PVP guys are happy as they can do what they want, PVE guys are less happy as there isn't an effective solution so that they can play cooperatively in free roam with others without some wannabe Rambo showing up and harassing them.  Passive mode is not a solution as it stands.

 

I want to ride my BMX with others in free roam...how long do you think I would survive?  Not long before someone imposes THEIR will upon me.  Without an effective PVE option then there are areas of the game cut off for PVE only players.

 

When people say go invite only or get a crew they are willfully ignoring the fact that this game doesn't cater well to PVE players which is strange as its far more popular when you look mainstream MMO server populations!

 

 

The best means of achieving this (which I agree with wholeheartedly) IMO is improving the radar system.   Player blips shouldn't show up CONSTANTLY giving everybody in the lobby a real time position of everybody in a lobby.  Instead, it should be that players that are not actively killing players/npcs, firing weapons, wanted by the police, or have have a bounty on them should be off the radar.  The only blips a player should see otherwise are cops in pursuit, other players in LOS, friends, and crew members.

  • Raylion likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

    TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 12 Jul 2010
  • United-States

#68

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I play the game to make money with friends...rare thoughts...

CarcerCityMadMan
  • CarcerCityMadMan

    I need me some MEAT,some REAL MEAT!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 11 Feb 2014
  • Unknown

#69

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

what did you expect when you bought the game?the sims?its GTA for fuk sake,killing is its bread an butter lol

  • meatrocket8 likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

    TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 12 Jul 2010
  • United-States

#70

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

what did you expect when you bought the game?the sims?its GTA for fuk sake,killing is its bread an butter lol


Exactly...I.knew what to expect coming from IV.
I avoid it so I can keep making money.

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

    Square Civilian

  • Members
  • Joined: 30 May 2007

#71

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

 

99% of people bought this game to steal cars, kill people, blow things up. The other 1% should stick to playing Solitaire.

 

Lets pluck random percentages from the air and present it as fact...always a winner!

 

I conducted the survey myself, all statistics were accurate at time of posting.


JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

    Donkey Rapist

  • Members
  • Joined: 18 Sep 2013
  • United-Kingdom

#72

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

 

 

99% of people bought this game to steal cars, kill people, blow things up. The other 1% should stick to playing Solitaire.

 

Lets pluck random percentages from the air and present it as fact...always a winner!

 

I conducted the survey myself, all statistics were accurate at time of posting.

 

9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape

  • Raylion likes this

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

    Square Civilian

  • Members
  • Joined: 30 May 2007

#73

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'd say 8, who's gonna enjoy going last?

  • meatrocket8 likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

    TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 12 Jul 2010
  • United-States

#74

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Stay OP please.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

    We weren't ready!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Aug 2013
  • None

#75

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's just too bad because you cannot easily befriend peoples in this game because they would rather shoot you at the moment you are in their sight.

 

The only way to make friends now is by helping some victims players who are being spawnkilled.

I gotta say that if someone is cool enought to save other peoples who are being bullied, they deserve some friends. Unfortunately such heroism is rare.

  • Raylion likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

    Hustler

  • Members
  • Joined: 27 Sep 2013
  • United-Kingdom

#76

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

earlier, i encountered possibly the worst kind of griefers, there was 3 of them, in the high rise car park next to the impound, killing anyone trying to retrieve their vehicles, took me ages to get my cognoscenti cabrio out of there because i had the roof down.


Kracus
  • Kracus

    Gangsta

  • Members
  • Joined: 21 Oct 2013
  • None

#77

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

I don't generally shoot first but I will generally be a complete asshole if you shoot me.


Fuzzyfomo
  • Fuzzyfomo

    That one guy...

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 Feb 2014
  • United-States

#78

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

Finding a nice player in GTA is like finding the hay in the needle stack. When you finally find one, they usually kill you at some point. That's why I trust no one.


fish61324
  • fish61324

    Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 11 Sep 2013

#79

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

i'm not saying all players in gta online are player killers but it does seem to be a bit out of hand at times (like you can't just be dring around los santos or delivering a car for simeon) before someone shoots at you or blows you up?

and i do sometimes shootback at them when i respawn or place bounties on them or vote to kick (which is broken, since i sometimes get a message saying other players are voting to kick me when i've done nothing to provoke it).

 

sorry that my story was long.

ummm, you are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO, right? 


Q_Man
  • Q_Man

    Master of SHAQ-FU

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 Mar 2014
  • United-States

#80

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:45 AM

Swear this is the only community who complains about getting killed in GTA. Play minecraft or stfu. You guys really sound like bishes every time I see this topic renewed.... Weak as hell lol.

JGrayzz
  • JGrayzz

    Ghostly Hitman

  • Members
  • Joined: 16 Aug 2011
  • None

#81

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

As much as I hate being killed, it's understandable that people do it. When you aren't doing jobs, and when you're not robbing stores or commuting across the mountains, engaging other players is basically the only other thing to do. Now, with that being said, there's a difference between killing someone and being an overall jerk (i.e. spawn killing, running a passive/newbie over repeatedly...).

 

I think bounty hunting is where those things fall under excusable territories. But if someone doesn't have a bounty on their head and you decide to go stalk a guy who clearly doesn't want to be bothered, that's where a question like this might be alright to ask. If killing is getting out of hand, then vehicles should be too. It's part of the game and should be expected everytime you enter a server. It sucks, but it's reality. You pass someone up on the street, chances are you're going to get popped for no other reason then because you were there. It's basically instinctual. And you can't stop someone's instincts. Plus, killing for no reason also depends on how considerate someone is. Some people might kill you if they saw you, others might let you be if you did the same. 

 

I'm pretty sure if Rockstar put up any more limitations then there already are for killing other players then there would be a slight decrease in online activity. If people killing you is a bother then I suggest hosting an Invite Only session. And if you hate being lonely then use Passive Mode - it's free, but you can still be killed when you're inside a vehicle. If someone's chasing you then call up Lester and hide your blip. You have enough time to get out of there without any trouble. 


Ammunized
  • Ammunized

    Punk-ass Bitch

  • Members
  • Joined: 11 Jan 2014
  • Canada

#82

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

If you just shoot first then ask questions later, you would be a lot more happy about the game. :)

JoeyTwoShoes
  • JoeyTwoShoes

    Lone Wolf

  • Members
  • Joined: 06 Dec 2013

#83

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Like I always say "Shoot first, ask questions never".


ORDdude
  • ORDdude

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Feb 2014
  • United-States

#84

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Its only an issue if there are a ton of people in a server and if that's the case I leave for someplace a bit less populated. 


JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

    Fanny Bandit

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Oct 2013
  • Australia

#85

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

You can usually tell just by the player list if your in for a rough time or not when you first join.

 

1. If there is a large amount of players from the same crew, they'll most likely single out people who are solo and gang up like pussies

2. Players who are over lvl 200 are most likely boosters who have nothing else to do but troll people in tanks, beware

3. Mic spamming is a tell-tale sign you've joined a server of spastics, get out while you can 

4. Players with usernames like "5UP4 C0P K1LL4Z_YOLO"

 

 

The best response to being ganged up on is to ambush people. If someone starts following you, drive into an alley or somewhere quiet and drive around a corner, jump out straight away and whip out your assault shotty, when they round the corner unload the entire clip through their windsheld.

 

Another good tactic is to drive around keeping a good distance between you and them, phone in your tank (if you have one) and go to it. By the time they realise what's happening you'll be in tank-raping bliss.


ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

    TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 12 Jul 2010
  • United-States

#86

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:01 PM Edited by ugotsmoked, 14 March 2014 - 01:02 PM.

I am rank 219 but all I do are high paying missions...

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

    I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 27 Dec 2013
  • GoSquared

#87

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Getting out of hand?

 

Not at all.


mo-seph
  • mo-seph

    Cunning Stunt

  • Members
  • Joined: 31 Oct 2013
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

#88

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

i think people stealing cars is getting well out of hand, someone should stop that sh*t

 

i mean whats with all the criminal activity all of a sudden?

 

doesnt anyone just want to hug?

 

if you see me in freeroam feel free to come over for a free hug

 

FREE_512a16_2528166.jpg


saintsrow
  • saintsrow

    It's been a ride

  • Members
  • Joined: 21 Sep 2006
  • None

#89

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Problem number 1 is that the nature of GTA0 just encourages mindless killing in free-mode because there is nothing else to do.  Well, there is, but not for the massive majority of uncreative sh*teheads in the GTA0 community. 

 

Problem number 2, related to the OP's original point, is that when I get dropped into free-mode after finishing a race or mission, I kind of forget that there are other players, and I start to go about my business (exploring, finding something, selling a car, changing clothes, etc) and without fail, one of the white dots on the screen will hunt me down and kill me, just because (see Problem number 1).   Sometimes I have a leftover NPC bounty from Invite-Only that I forgot about, and of course that is the kiss of death. 

 

So, now, if I see a white dot headed my way.  I can either jump offline and go back to Invite-Only, or as a defensive reflex, I stop my car on the road or in a blind alley, take cover behind it and unload my AP Pistol into their windshield as they approach, which is a shame, because they might have been friendly (about a 5% chance of that).  The smarter assholes approach in reverse with their bulletproof supercar and just toss a stickybomb. 

 

The point being, most players are only in free-mode to kill and gain pleasure by taking away the pleasure of others.  That is the nature of free-mode. 


splatsplatsplat
  • splatsplatsplat

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 13 Feb 2014
  • United-Kingdom

#90

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

I joined a game and got a bounty straight away, I got me tank and found a car park to sit at the top waiting.

 

Nobody came.

 

In fact nobody did anything. Very boring. I like a bit of action.

 

I might do what above says and take a long ride up north, wait for them to follow me, then drive/fly back down again.

 

chase me, chase me :panic:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users