Quantcast

» «
Photo

would you agree that player killing is getting a little out of hand?

90 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

i'm not saying all players in gta online are player killers but it does seem to be a bit out of hand at times (like you can't just be dring around los santos or delivering a car for simeon) before someone shoots at you or blows you up?

and i do sometimes shootback at them when i respawn or place bounties on them or vote to kick (which is broken, since i sometimes get a message saying other players are voting to kick me when i've done nothing to provoke it).

sorry that my story was long.

• Ninja_Gear and sqre like this

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hasn't gotten better or worse since the beginning really. I wouldn't say it's out of hand either, I expect people to be battling and shooting the sh*t out of each other in a GTA game. Quite a few nice people around as well though, sometimes I'll be doing a gang attack and someone will pull up and help or they'll let me in their car if they see me running around without one. Seems about right to me

Mr. Muramasa
  • Mr. Muramasa

Corsair

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:26 PM Edited by Mr. Muramasa, 11 March 2014 - 10:27 PM.

It has gone a little too far in my opinion, even for GTA standards. half the time I can't even drive to LSC without re-enacting most action movie car chases.

• SirPhilMcKraken, sqre, Shayd80 and 1 other like this

Fck 😂😂😂

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

I hope you weren't expecting everyone in GTAO to sit around, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya.

Protip: 'Invite-Only Session'

• sqre, Shadowfennekin, GR Choke and 1 other like this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Nah, player killing is not out of hand. Free mode is supposed to be a very dangerous place. I just wish passive mode worked better.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Not at all. It's GTA. I'd expect no less. That said, I've noticed that people are A LOT less aggressive since the purge...

• manicmechanic71 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I dont think I can say that it has gotten worse or better. It all depends on who you get matched with. SOmetime you get a room full of idiots other times everyone is alright. Maybe you just got put into a free roam with people who where on a killing spree that day.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

I hope you weren't expecting everyone in GTAO to sit around, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya.

Protip: 'Invite-Only Session'

Some degree of this. If you want to just drive around, that's fine, but either passive or invite only.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Nah

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Its high but not out of hand

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

As far as Simeon's vehicles go, no. They're there to create chaos and get players to kill each other. If they weren't, then everyone in the session wouldn't be notified about who has the vehicle.

If you don't want to be killed while driving around, go into PM. I've noticed that players who are in PM and driving around don't get killed as much as players who are not in PM. 

• 2281 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by Headdogg81, 11 March 2014 - 10:46 PM.

i'm not saying all players in gta online are player killers but it does seem to be a bit out of hand at times (like you can't just be dring around los santos or delivering a car for simeon) before someone shoots at you or blows you up?

and i do sometimes shootback at them when i respawn or place bounties on them or vote to kick (which is broken, since i sometimes get a message saying other players are voting to kick me when i've done nothing to provoke it).

So let me get this right...

You vote to kick players that have shot at you?

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE, 2281, serpentoflight and 3 others like this

Fck 😂😂😂

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I vote to kick them even if they just drive past my apartment.

Safety first.

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE, Headdogg81, TimelyMeerkat and 3 others like this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

I had one the other night that voted to kick me after I went after him. I stopped and laughed - you've got to be freaking kidding me. That player got a bounty, mercs and a mugger.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Kill them back, I got in a car of some bastard.  Drove me out to the beach and got out then shot me with the auto shotty.  For the next hour, I killed him every single chance I got and he never killed me once after that.  He tried, but failed.

Just lrn2kill

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

in my experience, random shooting has seemed to calm down, but random blowing up of PVs/HPVs/Armoured cars seems to have increased

MentalPX
  • MentalPX

Paranoid Lunatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, there are some cruel people out there. The other day I was driving, and drove past an SUV with two people in it. I remembered to be nice, and not too paranoid. Don't hurt them, and they might not hurt me.

Wrong. Dead wrong.

They chased me down, killed me, blew up my PV and then blew up the chopper I was driving towards. This sh*t happens regularly. But I expect it, so it accept it.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

I don't mind the random killing but its when 2 or 3 just gang up on someone and constantly grief them so they are forced to find a new session.  I dislike that...some people don't know when they've won.

• blackindia, WillWorthington3, SirPhilMcKraken and 2 others like this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

sorry but if i hear you talking about duping cars or money glitching i will blow up your car before you get a chance. just to hear you cry about how much time you wasted trying to cheat. if you vote to kick me afterwards i'll just vote to kick you as well.

its gta. expect people to try and kill you then proceed with the foul mouthed insults which tend to become racial slurs.

after all these months of doing the exact same thing players are getting bored and just wasting their ammo on who ever they come across.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

i'd say violence is going down, at least in the servers i have been in the past couple weeks.

people seem to be minding their own business, randoms hanging around, if you ask me the weirdest thing was yesterday, i landed in a server in which for over 40 minutes there was not a single kill...

over 40 minutes without seen

X X X killed X X X

virmonk
  • virmonk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by virmonk, 11 March 2014 - 11:03 PM.

I dont think you can play a game like gta and expect no one to kill. GTA online is a multiplayer gta (duh) so of course people are going to attack each other. There are times I don't feel like getting into random fights and if thats the case I will go to a invite only session. Sometimes with friends, sometimes alone but point is no random chance I will get attacked for no reason. If I just HAVE to play in public but dont want to be randomly killed, I use passive mode and play smart. That means dont drive by randoms in a car, watching your radar, using your brain, stuff like that.

But honestly why play gta if you dont like chaos and epic battles. I mean its GT FRIGGIN A! The most fun I have is random fights in freemode. I don't usually look for trouble as it will usually find you before long and I kind of like it that way. Yes there is a deathmatch option but why should people be forced to a tiny map just to fight when there is a giant friggin map you load into whenever you log in.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

Petition: Noticed

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

If you dislike the fact that people will kill you without mercy or a second thought, do one of three options:

1. Private Match

2. Passive mode

3. Stick to missions only

If you don't feel like doing any of the three, don't come here complaining about being killed in a game that encourages your death.

• LogScottWood likes this

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

There is power in numbers OP. Find a few friends online and stick with them. Maybe even a crew. It wont stop people from hunting you but they may think twice about taking on multiple people at once. Other than that listen to Brock Elvis. Also I like TimothyParadox's take on it. Expect it and accept it.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

I think it's been the same except for December when we were all Billionaires, that was crazy. No one was doing missions, survivals, races,  just driving around killing. 

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

I agree it's way out if hand, I will admit I'm. It the perfect player nor am I a dirty little tw*at that just killes other players for fun. I did have a short steak where I killed a lot of players so I could get weapon upgrades. I've got what I wanted so I'm back to keeping to my small group of friends

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Deal with it cupcake.
-Trevor
  • Titania and fullmetalrabbit like this

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

I wish north Yankton was back. It was "safe" there

JoeyTwoShoes
  • JoeyTwoShoes

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

If they kill you, kill them back... plus interest.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

If I'm in Simeon's priority car or chasing a bounty someone else is going for, then I fully expect to be shot at.

However, simply driving down a street that just happens to have another player on it does not warrant getting obliterated with bullets in my opinion.

• WillWorthington3 likes this

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

You know why u can't kick them oh yeah it's because this is the game. I can understand your frustration and I'm not going to say " go play minecraft" but really bud YOUR PLAYING A GAME IN WHICH PLAYER KILLS ARE COUNTED AND REWARDED ie. HEADSHOTS TOATOO UNLOCKS. I mean C'mon man there are ways around interacting with others work on it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users