Karin Asterope Appreciation Thread

109 replies to this topic
A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Ya I agree. Lexus is one of the most common luxury cars in America. I see them around in LA a lot more than, say, Audi (Obey in GTA). In fact I see them just as much as ,BMW and Mercedes, and both brands are represented by a ton of cars in GTA. They should certainly have more cars than just 1 model in GTAV.

You mean 3.

Sultan is a Lexus IS300 1st Gen/ Toyota Altezza 1st Gen.

Habanero is a Lexus RX 2nd Gen.

And the Asterope is a Lexus GS/Toyota Crown.

• LukeMayhem likes this

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by CSUdude, 02 August 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Ya I agree. Lexus is one of the most common luxury cars in America. I see them around in LA a lot more than, say, Audi (Obey in GTA). In fact I see them just as much as ,BMW and Mercedes, and both brands are represented by a ton of cars in GTA. They should certainly have more cars than just 1 model in GTAV.

You mean 3.
But they are branded as "Karin" :)

I think the Asterope is a Camry. Its just that Toyota does not do a good job of differentiating styling between their Lexus and regular Toyota branded cars. The Camry and GS do share a similar shape so I could see your argument. But when you go online to buy an Asterope, it costs only $26,000 and is described as an "Attainable luxury", which sounds more like a Camry because a late model Lexus would be a lot more expensive. Plus, if you look at the c-pillar, it becomes clear that it looks more like a Camry than a Lexus.

They should make a clearly distinguished Lexus like the LS. Even the LX (direct competitor for the Benefactor Dubsta) would be nice. Even an older school LS (Toyota Celsior) would be nice. Or bring back the Lokus. But like a few other brands, Lexus is a very popular brand that is underrepresented in V.

OT, but Looking at all of the cars and DLC cars, it becomes clear that Rockstar is too focused on European cars. Not enough variety when everything is euro. Lots of overlap of Euro cars, particularly luxury cars. If they eanted to make so many euro cars, they could have given us a VW Golf GTI or something for the compact class. But instead, everything is luxury based which gives us no variety.

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

You mean 3.
The Habanero is badged under Emperor, which is the in-game Lexus.

However it could easily be Karin (Toyota Harrier).

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

You mean 3.
The Habanero is badged under Emperor, which is the in-game Lexus.

However it could easily be Karin (Toyota Harrier).

Yep. Which is why I posted above the JDM and export models.

DRFT571
  • DRFT571

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

asterope is not a bad car for the chauffer or gettaway driver in gta online it has four doors take all ur boyz and its not bad at handling or at top speed with a bland/conservative toyotaish styling; whats not to love. but i still hold on to my arguement that the asterope is based off the LS since its more of a large sedan, its almost similar in length to the albany washington.

Durtywhyteboi88
  • Durtywhyteboi88

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

Haters gon hate!

Its funny how those who dislike the car can't point out one thing about the car that is terrible at. I mean, statistically, it is well above average and actually top tier when compared to its closest competitors.

Seriously, point out one non-subjective flaw (ie "it looks so boring") with this car within the context of its sedan class! You won`t find any! :)

Nakura -- That car, IMO, is the Emperor Lokus from GTA IV (Toyota Aristo/Lexus GS). Wish they would bring it back from IV, although that made the performance really lame. That was a shame because the real life car is world class.

the car you're thinking of from 4 is the feroci by the way

DRFT571
  • DRFT571

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Haters gon hate!

Its funny how those who dislike the car can't point out one thing about the car that is terrible at. I mean, statistically, it is well above average and actually top tier when compared to its closest competitors.

Seriously, point out one non-subjective flaw (ie "it looks so boring") with this car within the context of its sedan class! You won`t find any! :)

Nakura -- That car, IMO, is the Emperor Lokus from GTA IV (Toyota Aristo/Lexus GS). Wish they would bring it back from IV, although that made the performance really lame. That was a shame because the real life car is world class.

the car you're thinking of from 4 is the feroci by the way

ARISTO!!!! DRIIFTO!!? IMPOSSIBRUUUUU!!!!!

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

1st gen Aristo = Feroci
2nd gen Aristo = Lokus

As for Aristo being a Lexus LS, a couple things

1: Price. At $26,000 and being listed as "attainable luxury", it is far too cheap to be a Lexus. Unless it was a used 5 year old Lexus. But as is, a Lexus LS would probably be $80,000 at the very least in GTA (comparable to the Shafter or perhaps more expensive than the Tailgator which is the midsized Audi A6)

2: Look at the body proportions of a Camry and Lexus LS and then the Asterope. The Asterope AND camry both have short rear overhang while the Lexus LS has longer rear overhang. Also, look at the c-pillar. I think thats a dead givaway that screams Camry all the way.

3: drivetrain. Asterope is badged as a "3.5 litre fwd V6". The Camry is also powered by a 3.5 litre V6. A Lexus LS is powered by a 4.6 litre V8 with no available V6 option whatsoever. So it would be extremely odd to have a V6 Lexus LS when one doesnt exist.

But I totally see your argument. The cars do look alike one another (Camry and LS). However, upon closer examination, there are differences.

MKYR
  • MKYR

Rockford Hills

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:29 AM Edited by MKYR, 03 September 2014 - 01:58 AM.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Spoiler

• Sting4S, A Maned Wolf, LukeMayhem and 1 other like this

Pomlei
  • Pomlei

Memories

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 days ago

Bumping it up since it is the Official topic for the Asterope

2mg0mu.jpg

2hmd53d.jpg1zp62qs.jpg

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

There's Candy In My Briefcase

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A day ago Edited by BigJoe_1, A day ago.

As much as I hate to sound like a ricer I really think that this car would look great with a kit like this
http://www.japaneses...-2010sema-3.JPG

BenzFish
  • BenzFish

Fighting for equity on GTA!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago Edited by BenzFish, A day ago.

Got to admit that they do not spawn as often in traffic as they used to in the very beginning of GTA:O.
Nice car despite the fact that it lacks visual customization options...

PoisoNinja140_48
  • PoisoNinja140_48

Street Cat

• Members

Posted A day ago

Hmmmm.... Noticed OP didn't put Franklin in the OP.

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• iLikeDrivinInMyTruck, Sting4S and Delta India Echo like this

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

You know since there is an Lexus LFA, it would be real nice if Rockstar bothered to make a GTA version of that car...

As for the Asterope, it's definitely a car my grandpa would drive if he were in GTA.  But the thing is though that like the real life Camry (at least the model years 2013-2015s) it actually does have some get up and go to it.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by Sting4S, A day ago.

The Asterope is a cool car. The looks are neutral and the exhaust note is a bit annoying but it has a sunroof, I find it to very nifty in the corners, and it is kind of quick. For grocery grabbing or taking trips up to Paleto, it's perfect. It definitely looks the part for tasteless soccer moms who want safety even though they text whilst driving 24/7.

abrownboy15
  • abrownboy15

In it to win it - Zac Efron

• Members

Posted 22 hours ago

This topic made me want to buy one. I've been looking for a rally car and it gets the job done. I don't care what this car is in real life lol its a game. Asterope has good handling, acceleration, and braking. I myself dont really care for bodykits on all my cars so it wasnt a set off for me. I myself like the sunroof. Reserving this spot for a picture of it in a little bit.

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck
  • iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 hours ago

I want one beside my sultan, need more space!

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 hours ago

This topic made me want to buy one. I've been looking for a rally car and it gets the job done. I don't care what this car is in real life lol its a game. Asterope has good handling, acceleration, and braking. I myself dont really care for bodykits on all my cars so it wasnt a set off for me. I myself like the sunroof. Reserving this spot for a picture of it in a little bit.

Just steal one, they often spawn when you drive in an Oracle or some other upper end 4 door sedan. 

Unless you got that GTA Arab oil money in that GTA bank.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 hours ago

I want one beside my sultan, need more space!

Who doesn't want an AssToGrope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users