:sigh:

Can't see the beauty..

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

It looks like the Nissan Altima... which is the crappiest car of all time.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

LOL not hardly.  Have you heard of a PT Cruiser or a Dodge Neon ?

• SanAndreasRolePlay likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

"Wait, is this a sultan?"

- gets closer

"Dammit, its not"

• Agent_Ace likes this

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by CSUdude, 01 August 2014 - 06:46 PM.

LOL not hardly.  Have you heard of a PT Cruiser or a Dodge Neon ?
Yep, or a Pontiac Grand Am.

Kids these days judge cars strictly for looks. I wish I had bought an Asterope (Camry) when I was in college. Instead I bought that thousands cheaper and much more sporty lookin' Grand Am. I still have nightmares of that car :(

I guess we all just have to learn what a crappy car really is through experience.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

It's a difficult car to get excited about. In its favour I would say it looks reasonably attractive for a sedan, but when it comes to handling there's nothing there that I like.

It's proficient enough but there's no soul to it, no real fun to be had. I feel the same about the Sultan actually, I appreciate the mods on that car at least but the handling sends me to sleep.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

:sigh:

Can't see the beauty..

Well.. I like how it's a civilian vehicle. I like the brake lights, the little sunroof, and the small attempt at it being a poor man's sultan. It's a Japanese economy car. It's fuel efficient and it's affordable. And it's a car that can take its hits.

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:30 PM Edited by CSUdude, 01 August 2014 - 07:33 PM.

Nacho,
Well using your logic, I guess its safe to say that you dont like ANY 4 door sedans in this game then. Which is cool.

We have to remember that these are family sedans here. Its not like the muscle cars where the Dominator has its own soul and the Pheonix is a totally different beast to drive.

What I dont understand is the hate that the Asterope gets. People say that it is bland looking, but so is the Tailgator. But since the Tailgator has more body mods, everyone loves it. In terms of driving feel, there is virtually no difference between the Asterope, Tailgator, Shafter, etc. Sure, the Shafter is faster in a straight line, but any other difference in drivability and dynamics is negligable. According to game files, they handle better by an incriment of .5. But once again, thats more or less negligable when you drive the cars.

The only reason why people love some sedans and hate others has absolutely nothing to do with the cars themselves. It has everything to do with perception of its real life equivilent. If Rockstar had cut and pasted the exact driving dynamics of the Asterope and put it onto the Shafter, people would still praise the Shafter because its a Mercedes while ridiculing other cars because of their perception of what that car is.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Nacho,
Well using your logic, I guess its safe to say that you dont like ANY 4 door sedans in this game then. Which is cool.

We have to remember that these are family sedans here. Its not like the muscle cars where the Dominator has its own soul and the Pheonix is a totally different beast to drive.

What I dont understand is the hate that the Asterope gets. People say that it is bland looking, but so is the Tailgator. But since the Tailgator has more body mods, everyone loves it. In terms of driving feel, there is virtually no difference between the Asterope, Tailgator, Shafter, etc. Sure, the Shafter is faster in a straight line, but any other difference in drivability and dynamics is negligable. According to game files, they handle better by an incriment of .5. But once again, thats more or less negligable when you drive the cars.

The only reason why people love some sedans and hate others has absolutely nothing to do with the cars themselves. It has everything to do with perception of its real life equivilent. If Rockstar had cut and pasted the exact driving dynamics of the Asterope and put it onto the Shafter, people would still praise the Shafter because its a Mercedes while ridiculing other cars because of their perception of what that car is.

You're almost right about my opinion on sedans but not quite. For example I like the 4 door Felon because it's a beautiful car. I also like the older model Oracle because I enjoy the loose handling and it looks great. I also own a Primo because I like the boxy look of it and I can get the back end out.

When it comes to the Shafter it's another one that has no soul, whereas the Schwartzer looks almost identical but is fun to drive and that's the key for me.

Just because the Asterope does virtually nothing for me doesn't mean I don't like sedans, I just don't like that one.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Nacho,

I don't understand the tailgater love either, to me, its horribly underpowered, even for an Audi (*Suckage power-to-weight) and is unremarkable.

Me, I roll around in a yellow Premier.

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Its a nice looking car in my opinion and its performance is alot better than I expected. I wish like alot of other people, that it had more exterior modifications to it. I never noticed that it had a sunroof and i owned one for a short time (Car was black)

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

i would get one if it weren't for the stupid sunroof. I dunno why I just hate sunroofs.

Pomlei
  • Pomlei

Memories

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

As i've previously said:

Asterope master race

i1jgyb.jpg

• 2020 likes this

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

While some people choose to hate, here are more pictures to make their blood boil a bit :lol:

Just got around to finding these!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like it if R* made cars with previous limited modding options come with more modding options for an upcoming DLC. There are many great cars like the Sadler, Bison and this car that have very limited modding options. You can't even put an exhaust on them! This is a modded one that was probably hex edited. Just by looking at it, they could have easily implemented this with the actual car instead of unconventional ways.

I got excited for a second and was just about to jump on psn... then saw where you wrote it was hex edited. Nice looking car!!!!!

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

It's a decent car...it just doesn't have much "personality" imo...

DRFT571
  • DRFT571

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by DRFT571, 02 August 2014 - 01:54 AM.

this car is not a camry its a lexus LS

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

this car is not a camry its a lexus LS

No, it is a Toyota Camry/ Lexus GS.

• LukeMayhem likes this

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Let me guess, it's not possible to remove the sunroof in SE?

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

"Wait, is this a sultan?"

- gets closer

"Dammit, its not"

This basically sums up the car.

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

What a pathetic car.

Did you drive it, or are we baselessly hating a car just because?

Lol they based it on the fact its not a chrome super wirlth whitewalls and dollar sign rims :p

Kushology
  • Kushology

Hustle hard, stack paper.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Looks best like this

Spoiler

I joke, I joke. It's a good car just not something I'd invest money into.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Does Lexus even have a GTA brand?  Pretty sure Karin is Toyota.  Making it a Toyota.

n0tj0sh33
  • n0tj0sh33

H20 Lean Same Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Actually Emperor is the GTA Lexus brand I believe.

• dreadluxx likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

Does Lexus even have a GTA brand?  Pretty sure Karin is Toyota.  Making it a Toyota.

You're correct.

The company is most likely based off the real-life manufacturer Toyota since most Karin cars are inspired by Toyota models.

The design of this car appears to be inspired by Japanese styling featured on the Toyota Aurion (XV40) at the front. The sides and rear are inspired by the XV40 Toyota Camry, Citroen Xsara and the Lexus GS S160.
  • dreadluxx likes this

piko
  • piko

Peon

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

Lexus is Emperor, Habanero is their only car in GTA V but they also have Lokus in GTA IV.

Kushology
  • Kushology

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by Kushology, 02 August 2014 - 07:51 AM.

Sultan is the bastard child.

HD Universe description

Spoiler

I miss the old variant. Throwback DLC? Lol.

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Just as an OT side note for ya. Lexus is toyota. It toyotas luxury brand based I think originally for the american market

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Just as an OT side note for ya. Lexus is toyota. It toyotas luxury brand based I think originally for the american market

Lexus is Emperor. It made the Lokus and Habanero.

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Ya I agree. Lexus is one of the most common luxury cars in America. I see them around in LA a lot more than, say, Audi (Obey in GTA). In fact I see them just as much as ,BMW and Mercedes, and both brands are represented by a ton of cars in GTA. They should certainly have more cars than just 1 model in GTAV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users