Photo

Best version? Console or PC?

27 replies to this topic
outlaw1984
  • outlaw1984

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

I have this on PC, ps2, ps3 I was wondering what console do you think it's best on???

FlatsTheButtKicker
  • FlatsTheButtKicker

ɹǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ pnoɹԀ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

Best on PC with a PS3 controller that way you can mod the game and be able to have good & easy controls when you play

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

The Console controllers are not the 'best' what with having to find a Driver to make them work properly. A generic USB PC controller should work from the box without 'special' drivers, i.e. Logitech Dual Action ®.

On good thing about the console games is that you don't have to worry about whether your PC has the correct hardware to run the game. We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to fixing PC problems.

FlatsTheButtKicker
  • FlatsTheButtKicker

ɹǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ pnoɹԀ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

The Console controllers are not the 'best' what with having to find a Driver to make them work properly. A generic USB PC controller should work from the box without 'special' drivers, i.e. Logitech Dual Action ®.

On good thing about the console games is that you don't have to worry about whether your PC has the correct hardware to run the game. We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to fixing PC problems.

False, ps3 controllers connect to the computer via bluetooth which makes them perfect for pc gaming

Wolf247
  • Wolf247

Writer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

PC, because of it's modability. Cuz sh*t, it's better to pop Ballas in a Mustang and fight Storm Troopers.

And the mouse is the best device to aim with, Wii might be an alternative, a expensive alternative with not that much games.

False, ps3 controllers connect to the computer via bluetooth which makes them perfect for pc gaming

How are you going to leave your controller and type down HESOYAM if your car goes on fire without crashing or driving into the water, or failing whatever you're doing?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

How are you going to leave your controller and type down HESOYAM if your car goes on fire without crashing or driving into the water, or failing whatever you're doing?

Use the keyboard, just because you have a gamepad doesn't mean the keyboard & mouse aren't connected. The K&M just aren't fully functional when using the gamepad.
Rockstar does recommend GamePads to be used with the PC game.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

I tried using a PS3 controller while playing SA, the f*cking sensitivity makes it impossible to aim (I refuse to Auto-Aim)

Besides, get PC, because any PC will run it. It's 2014, It's most likely that everyone on this planet has a PC that can run SA.

• Niobium likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

Wrong. The manufacturers put in cheap Video Graphics (especially laptops/notebooks). It was a good thought though. On Rare occasions even the drivers updates have to be rolled back to the old one (happened to me).

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by bikerman3, 08 May 2014 - 04:53 PM.

the lighting on the ps2 version sucks 

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

Well, as much as i love the PC version and its modding capabilities, the PS2 version is my favourite. Love the orangey atmosphere.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Graphics wise it's XBOX, but controls wise it's PS2.
The PS2 has warmer colours and better reflections though.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Best on PC with a PS3 controller that way you can mod the game and be able to have good & easy controls when you play

Yeah, I agree - I use a PS2 Controller though :p

I find that SA is a lot more clearer on PC, as, at the time it was made on XBOX and PS2, it was only really optimized for smaller TV's, hence why the PS2 Version looks sh*t on my big screen.

But with the PC Version, it still manages to look amazing on any screen I use :p

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

PS2/PS3 for nostalgia, PC for mods. PS2/PS3 version is still the best in my opinion because of the controls

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

it was only really optimized for smaller TV's, hence why the PS2 Version looks sh*t on my big screen.

Optimized for smaller TVs?? I got a 32" TV of the old type, good quality. 10 years ago it was an average size screen. But San Andreas is not perfectly clear, it's not easy to read numbers in the "stats" screen. Also the ammo counter is difficult to read, the numbers "2" and "3" are easy to mix up.
I don't think it would have been any better if it was a 22" or 26" TV. The game is crystal clear on a 15" LCD monitor.

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

PC Version is the best version in my opinion as you can mod the game yourself or just download them & play. Even the controls are easier in PC version. 

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

PC, because Multiplayer

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

For me it's the PS2. Never owned the PC, But I do have it on the 360.

JeffersonCJ
  • JeffersonCJ

GTA San Andreas/IV/V Lover

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

PC version is the best. Never tried GTA SA on PS2 or PS3.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

PC version is the best because it is flexible

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Mobile version has best graphical effects, but PC is best.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

XPadder works well! I can finally aim with a controller while playing SA :p

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

PC with PS2 controller and USB adapter that supports vibration. Mods! Best GTA experience.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Just got the game for PC and I'm amazed how much better it looks compared to PS2.

So much more detail, it's like a new game!

On the negative side, the framerate stutters when driving. Must be a bug, since when using jetpack the framerate stays good...

Now, if I only could get my xbox controller to work with this laptop, I would be happy man. I have loaded the drivers, but for some reasons the laptop does not connect to the controller...

But on the whole PC seems better because of it's better quality textures. But PS and xbox versions have better playability.

• lil weasel likes this

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

^ Is best

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Just got the game for PC and I'm amazed how much better it looks compared to PS2.

On the negative side, the framerate stutters when driving. Must be a bug, since when using jetpack the framerate stays good...

Now, if I only could get my xbox controller to work with this laptop, I would be happy man. I have loaded the drivers, but for some reasons the laptop does not connect to the controller...

But on the whole PC seems better because of it's better quality textures. But PS and xbox versions have better playability.

This doesnt happen to me, maybe when your driving it has to pop stuff in fast enough, whats your Graphics Card and CPU?

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Having played it on both PS2 and PC, I would say the PC version is better in every way. The game looks better on my monitor than on my TV. I also find the keyboard controls easier to use.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

This doesnt happen to me, maybe when your driving it has to pop stuff in fast enough, whats your Graphics Card and CPU?

It's a mediocre, but new laptop, no idea as to the specs. But it does run oblivion and other older games perfectly and so it was kinda strange that SA wa so slow when driving. Setting the resolution down to 1024x768 does make it run much smoother, though.

Playing with keyboard and mouse is a bit of a bother. I did manage the first few missions, but the car hopping with numpad just does not work.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

PC for almost everything, however the PS2 lens flare and filters are more nostalgia like.

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

I personally prefer console to PC, just cuz it's what I remember from when I used to play it as a kid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users