Photo

Fargo TV Series

51 replies to this topic
Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:17 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 23 November 2015 - 08:19 AM.

Season 1 had Malvo, sure. And he was awesome. But season 2 has this guy

lvfargo17f-2-web.jpg

Yeah gotta say his drunken rambling was probably the funniest thing in this show so far.

Btw I gotta get the soundtrack for this show, both the lisenced stuff and the original score are awesome.

• Mister Pink and Girish like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:18 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 23 November 2015 - 11:18 PM.

Double post I know, but apparently season 3 is confirmed so yay.

• Donut likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:27 AM Edited by Donut, 24 November 2015 - 05:30 AM.

Each episode is not only topping the last, but exceeding my expectations tenfold. Tonight's episode was just wow.

Spoiler

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

I had the feeling it would become the new Breaking Bad since season 1.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

The last episode was f*cking intense. Superb acting all around. I could literally feel the tension building in each scene. And the background score was equally good.

There's just one thing I couldn't wrap my head around -

Spoiler
I'm hoping it's something that I've missed or forgotten but can someone enlighten me?

• Ezekiel, Donut and Richard Power Colt like this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

There's just one thing I couldn't wrap my head around -

Spoiler
I'm hoping it's something that I've missed or forgotten but can someone enlighten me?

Well, I guess we got that answered in this episode. :p

Was f*cking hilarious. I almost felt bad for
Spoiler

Are
Spoiler
the luckiest people on earth?
  • Girish likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

Poor Donovan. His face after Peggy fed him though.

Spoiler

• Azazel, Pat and The Yokel like this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:08 AM

Mike's words sum it up perfectly... As does this season's catchphrase... "Okay then."

Spoiler

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:30 PM

I didn't expect them to have Martin Freeman back in this season.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:06 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 16 December 2015 - 02:07 AM.

Well, it was a good season. The next thing I want from this show is the soundtrack. The music in this season was really f*cking good.

• Girish likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Well, it was a good season. The next thing I want from this show is the soundtrack. The music in this season was really f*cking good.

Gotta agree with you there. The soundtrack just upped the tension and intensity further throughout the last few episodes.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

The intro in the finale with Sabbath. Pure heaven. Shame the next season is only out in 2017.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Woo the soundtrack has been released. Both the lisenced and original score are on Spotify right now.

• Girish likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

A Dancing Shell

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:50 PM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 05 April 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Woo the soundtrack has been released. Both the lisenced and original score are on Spotify right now.

The ones I were really interested in on the licensed soundtrack were Jeff Tweedy's cover of Let's Find Each Other Tonight and Britt Daniel's cover of Run Through the Jungle. I was really pissed to find that the latter didn't make the cut and we'll probably never hear a full version of it. Most of the licensed songs by the original artists I already had, so the covers were all I needed.

They delivered everything I wanted on the soundtrack for the score. That prog-rock sound on Simone and Charlie slays and fit so perfectly in the show itself. I wonder if they can top this soundtrack (and the season itself) next year, 'cause it's gonna be a really tough act to follow.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Eucatastrophe

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:03 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 19 July 2016 - 09:03 AM.

Finally they released this on Netflix UK and Ireland which reminded my ass to get in gear at start watching season 2. Watched the first two episodes, high quality filmmaking again. If anything the show just seems so consistent and is going down as one my my favourite series. 

• Vanilla Shake, Girish and Ciaran like this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

A Dancing Shell

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

Finally they released this on Netflix UK and Ireland which reminded my ass to get in gear at start watching season 2. Watched the first two episodes, high quality filmmaking again. If anything the show just seems so consistent and is going down as one my my favourite series. 

Oh you're in for a wild ride. Season two honestly blows season one out of the water imo, and I love the first season. But yeah, this has easily turned into my favorite show ever after just two seasons. And there are so many little hidden details, some foreshadowing and clear references to the Coen Brothers' films just like in season one that make it even better. Overall, top notch acting, writing, cinematography, direction, production, music, wardrobe, etc. all around.

Also psyched about Ewan McGregor playing dual roles in the next season. I can't wait to see how these guys pull that off.

• Mister Pink and Girish like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Eucatastrophe

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:14 AM

Oh you're in for a wild ride. Season two honestly blows season one out of the water imo, and I love the first season. But yeah, this has easily turned into my favorite show ever after just two seasons. And there are so many little hidden details, some foreshadowing and clear references to the Coen Brothers' films just like in season one that make it even better. Overall, top notch acting, writing, cinematography, direction, production, music, wardrobe, etc. all around.

Also psyched about Ewan McGregor playing dual roles in the next season. I can't wait to see how these guys pull that off.

Excellent. We've pretty similar tastes in a lot of music and TV so, I'll definitely take your word for it dude. 

Yeah, I thought the scene in Bud's Meat's were the three of them said 'OK' in quick succession had the editing style and humour of Coen Brothers. Even some of the cinematography at times I think is a direct nod to their style. 

Didn't know Ewan McGregor is in the next one. :)

• Vanilla Shake likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

A Dancing Shell

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:38 AM

Excellent. We've pretty similar tastes in a lot of music and TV so, I'll definitely take your word for it dude. 

Yeah, I thought the scene in Bud's Meat's were the three of them said 'OK' in quick succession had the editing style and humour of Coen Brothers. Even some of the cinematography at times I think is a direct nod to their style. 

Didn't know Ewan McGregor is in the next one. :)

We always have had familiar interests in terms of entertainment. I remember when you posted Pacific by 808 State on my facebook for my birthday a couple years back lol.

Yeah, the cinematography remains as excellent as it was in the first season, and there are some cool theories about certain shots that you should look into once you've finished season two. I think they said the season was influenced by Miller's Crossing, The Man Who Wasn't There and, of course, Fargo, with a little bit of The Big Lebowski thrown in with Nick Offerman's character resembling Walter. I also found out that the Waffle Hut was also a place in The Ladykillers.

Ewan is playing a dual role as Emmit and Ray Stussy. Here's the official synopsis so far:

"Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, he sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, on the other hand, is more of a cautionary tale. Balding and pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, he has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames Emmit for his misfortunes."

Supposed to take place in 2010, which means there'll be more focus on how social media and whatnot effects things in this universe and will be set in St. Cloud, Minnesota. I can't wait to see the shift going from 2006 in year one, 1979 in year two to the beginning of our current decade in year three. Maybe year four will be set in the 1800s or early 20th century.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Season 3!!!
  • Mister Pink, Voodoo, Girish and 1 other like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted A week ago

I'm pretty excited for this.

• Moonshield, Mister Pink, Vanilla Shake and 2 others like this

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted A week ago

Christ I can't wait. McGregor and Thewlis are going to be fantastic to watch

• Arthur Fookin Shelby likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

A Dancing Shell

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

This season's gonna be nuts. McGregor's gonna knock it outta the park, no doubt. I'm also very eager to see more of Michael Stuhlbarg's character. He was amazing in A Serious Man and I'm really glad they cast him.

Been waiting for this since season two ended in 2015. I can't believe it's already less than a month away.

• Arthur Fookin Shelby likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users