FIxing Lag issues/Connection Timeouts

116 replies to this topic
revbouncer
  • revbouncer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's Rockstars servers! You can do all of the above tips and you will still freeze, get timed out, lose your character, get told 'unable to connect to session'. So many times people try to join a playlist after it has started and get told 'player no longer in session'. Yet you just sent them an invite. getting stuck in clouds, or just disconnected and sent back to story mode. None of this has anything to do with MY equipment! Why is GTAV seemingly the only game that has this problem? Because their servers suck.

• DAM1GE, Kaber and not really like this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's Rockstars servers! You can do all of the above tips and you will still freeze, get timed out, lose your character, get told 'unable to connect to session'. So many times people try to join a playlist after it has started and get told 'player no longer in session'. Yet you just sent them an invite. getting stuck in clouds, or just disconnected and sent back to story mode. None of this has anything to do with MY equipment! Why is GTAV seemingly the only game that has this problem? Because their servers suck.

THIS!

Szybk0war
  • Szybk0war

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Szybk0war, 2 weeks ago.

Gonna forward and email form Rockstar support. It didn't help me but maybe someone will be more lucky.

Hello ,

We'd like to provide assistance with any Online-related issues with our connection troubleshooting guide:

1. Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
  2. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.

Understanding NAT Types:

NAT Types:
Open
Moderate
Strict

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
Strict can ONLY connect to open.
Strict NATs are a difficult problem with peer-to-peer games. Since most people don't have open NATs, the player with a strict NAT won't be able to find many joinable games.

Also, if the player with a strict NAT does manage to join a game, if another player with a moderate NAT joins later, the player with the strict NAT gets kicked out.

The problem is even worse since it is sometimes difficult for software (i.e. Games for Windows Live) to detect which NAT type it is running behind, and can often report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.

Another problem is that sometimes the ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also NAT'd which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a strict NAT.

Port Forwarding:

The following ports are beneficial to have open for Online console gaming:

TCP: 53, 80, 443, 465, 983, 1863, 3074, 5223, 10070-10080 
UDP: 53, 88, 1863, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 10070

If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)

http://portforward.c...routerindex.htm

Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:

1. Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
  2. Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
  3. Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
  4. Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
  5. If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.
  6. Get a router that has the "Xbox LIVE compatible" or "Certified for Windows Vista" logo.
  7. Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.

Direct Connection/Power Cycle:

If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC on which you are playing this game. At this point, please disconnect your Broadband modem from power for Five (5) minutes. After this time has elapsed, plug the modem back into power and allow the normal power-up cycle to finish.

If this final step does not resolve your issue, please plug a PC directly into your modem and provide us screen shots from the following locations:

1. www.speedtest.net
  2. www.whatsmyip.org
  3. www.pingtest.net
  4. ipconfig (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit okay > type "ipconfig" without quotes > press ENTER )

To take a screenshot (in Win Vista/7/8)
http://windows.micro...re-screen-shots

In XP (and earlier)
http://windows.micro...e-a-screen-shot

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

none of that helped me and my speeds and pings are good.  whats yours?  ive got 30 up and down  fiber connection with pings anywhere from 40-80 within the usa, and 170 to germany and 120 to britian.

not really
  • not really

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

pointless thread by a rockstar employee.There is nothing to do with my connection.It used to work correctly until 1.14 patch but after this patch,everything went wrong.It's because rockstar's sh*tty crew of developpement,they break the game with errorful patches and blames players' connections.I don't have to change my connection settings after a new patch,it's rockstar's job to bring correct upgrades into the game.Everyone knows that these f*ckin stupid problems come with new patches and players don't have any faults on that.after 1.14 patch,joining a random game,going into the lobby,turning back to freemode is a BIG problem.Sometimes you wait until sunset comes,sometimes it kicks you out of the online and you go back to singleplayer.That's a f*ckin annoying thing,I don't have to go back to singleplayer because of someone's fault,I came here to play online.You understood mo-seph dude,you talked rubbish there.You should start criticising rockstar instead of criticising other players' connections

• revbouncer likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Clearing game cache seems to help loading times for a short while. But ya rockstar boned the patches starting in 1.11 with causing freezing.

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good article not very useful though. Considering that all the issues are coming from R* server and not my decent internet connection. And I can say before the current patch I did not have so many issues. Now I cannot play Online as I will always get thrown in a public match by myself after a few minutes on a public match filled with people. No lag or any oddities. Just randomly picks one of three methods to throw me out of a match withing 10 minutes "unknown network error", cannot establish connection to R* "servers unavailable or it will simply throw me out of the match into a solo one whereby my screen is filled with people "leaving the lobby". Otherwise it will come up with R* cloud servers are unavailable. All of that occurred in the space of 3 hours (Most of which was loading screens).

Also plain dumb to blame wireless connection never had any issues with it except for the known terrible companies like EA/Ubisoft.

More annoyed that it messed up my chances of getting the t-shirt/beer hat for the special event.

Szybk0war
  • Szybk0war

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

none of that helped me and my speeds and pings are good.  whats yours?  ive got 30 up and down  fiber connection with pings anywhere from 40-80 within the usa, and 170 to germany and 120 to britian.

My ping doesn't get any higher than 17 - 18 ms. Cleared my console cache and games' cache and nothing has changed. These people are simply not able to admit they f*cked something up.

• revbouncer likes this

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by hercules1975, 2 weeks ago.

My ping is pretty good at 32ms, according to www.pingtest.net - although it does the test with the nearest server.

That obviously isn't one of R*s doing the test using the command prompt you get a better idea of what the ping is for playing the game.

Go to command prompt and type out:

ping rockstargames.com

I just got:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ping rockstargames.com

Pinging rockstargames.com [63.236.67.53] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 63.236.67.53: bytes=32 time=90ms TTL=44
Reply from 63.236.67.53: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=44
Reply from 63.236.67.53: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=44
Reply from 63.236.67.53: bytes=32 time=95ms TTL=44

Ping statistics for 63.236.67.53:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 90ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 103ms

Obviously this is quite a bit higher than 32 ms...

I don't get freezes any more since the 1.14 update it has been fine, the only problems I still have are:

1. Getting into crew/friends lobbies from story-mode.

I get around by loading an invite only/crew only session, and then joining other sessions via join friends or invites to jobs.

2. Getting disconnected in public lobbies or when trying to join jobs.

This could be down to my internet connection, or the other player's connections - maybe a conflict between our connections means the game cannot put/keep us together in the same lobby/job?

I was interested to see how much data is sent/received when playing the game online, how many Mbps do you need to play Online?

There isn't anything I can use except the internet connection status box to find out how much data is sent/received.

I can get 10 Mbps (4,500 MB per hour) download and 1.5  (375 MB per hour) upload, which is plenty for the game to play smoothly in invite only sessions, or crew sessions with 3 or 4 people playing in the same lobby.

I checked on my internet connection status, which shows how many packets have been sent/received when playing the game in invite only for 1/2 an hour, I doubled the figures below to make it an hour:

Received/Downloaded:

internet gateway: 41034 x 1500 = 61551000 / 1048576 = 59 MB PH
my computer: 85142 x 1500 = 127713000 / 1048576 = 122 MB PH

Sent/Uploaded:

internet gateway: 27902 x 1500 = 41853000 / 1048576 = 40 MB PH
my computer: 106438 x 1500 =159657000 / 1048576 = 152 MB PH

So, there is no issue with having 10 Mbps (4,800 MB PH) download speed and 1.5 Mbps (375 MB HP) upload speeds.

The game uses much less than that, I am not sure how much more data would be sent/received if there were other players in the lobby and planes/tanks/explosions going off all over the place though!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

The data amount isn't the issue, I have 30 Meg up and down fiber and I've pinged and packet loss tested many places around the world and no packet loss and pings are good everywhere except Australia and South Africa, with 300 the largest, I'm in usa and most I see is 70 to California and the rest is the country is 50 or less.  Unsure of what's required for this game but anything under 100 has been prefect for any other multiplayer game I've ever played.  I've opened ports, dmzed, plugged in direct, talked a lot wroth my isp and tested the sh*t out of my connection and its 100% not anything to do with my connection and only this game is affected. 

Ran across an interesting theory that one guy said disable the 720p mode on ps3 so game runs in 480p mode and turn on the smoothing option under game settings in the ps3 menu cause the sh*tty old ps3 hardware can't handle keeping up with the graphics.  It sped up his game in his video be made but he was in single player so I'm not sure if it would work for this multilayer problem as it never occurred before patch 1.13. It's possible they borked the code making it require more computing power though, haven't had time to test it yet. I've got a 70 inch tv, not sure if the size has anything to do with it or not.  What size tv do others with lag have?  

It seems like it's fine sometimes but if I try to join a friends Session or mission and it fails or if people quit or vote on different things after a job it seems to get worse.  More people in death matches and using explosives or tear gas makes it noticeable much slower so maybe the graphics theory is correct.  Can't wait to test it out! 

Blade Kratos
  • Blade Kratos

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

So since the 1.14 patch I have been getting a ton of lag.  When I am driving everything loads very slow sometimes it takes my car wheels 2mins to load, scenery while driving really fast wont load, lag will stop me completely for 5-10seconds, joining lobbies is almost impossible now and it will either take forever or time out completely and kick me out.  Does anybody know how to fix this because its getting really annoying, I have check my modem/router, tested my speeds and they are the same as months ago before any of these issues started. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

So since the 1.14 patch I have been getting a ton of lag.  When I am driving everything loads very slow sometimes it takes my car wheels 2mins to load, scenery while driving really fast wont load, lag will stop me completely for 5-10seconds, joining lobbies is almost impossible now and it will either take forever or time out completely and kick me out.  Does anybody know how to fix this because its getting really annoying, I have check my modem/router, tested my speeds and they are the same as months ago before any of these issues started. 

See my post directly above yours.  It's untested yet but my best lead so far, nothing else works and I've even formatted my ps3 and it still lagged right off the bat.  Just a bad patch, might have to stop playing till they fix it. If the resolution change don't help.  I've done everything else I can think of and besides restarting the game every 10 minutes which takes forever and isn't even guaranteed to help nothing seems to matter so far. 

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by hercules1975, A week ago.

The data amount isn't the issue, I have 30 Meg up and down fiber and I've pinged and packet loss tested many places around the world and no packet loss and pings are good everywhere except Australia and South Africa, with 300 the largest, I'm in usa and most I see is 70 to California and the rest is the country is 50 or less.  Unsure of what's required for this game but anything under 100 has been prefect for any other multiplayer game I've ever played.  I've opened ports, dmzed, plugged in direct, talked a lot wroth my isp and tested the sh*t out of my connection and its 100% not anything to do with my connection and only this game is affected. 

Ran across an interesting theory that one guy said disable the 720p mode on ps3 so game runs in 480p mode and turn on the smoothing option under game settings in the ps3 menu cause the sh*tty old ps3 hardware can't handle keeping up with the graphics.  It sped up his game in his video be made but he was in single player so I'm not sure if it would work for this multilayer problem as it never occurred before patch 1.13. It's possible they borked the code making it require more computing power though, haven't had time to test it yet. I've got a 70 inch tv, not sure if the size has anything to do with it or not.  What size tv do others with lag have?  

It seems like it's fine sometimes but if I try to join a friends Session or mission and it fails or if people quit or vote on different things after a job it seems to get worse.  More people in death matches and using explosives or tear gas makes it noticeable much slower so maybe the graphics theory is correct.  Can't wait to test it out! 

It is more likely to do with your ping then, the download/upload speeds most people have in the developed (+ some in developing?) world should be plenty to cope with the data being sent/received playing the game online.

However, the distance between the players and the servers affects how long the ping is - so you will get people in the USA with faster pings than people in Europe/Asia/etc.

This is probably where the lag comes from, if you are playing in the same lobby/race/mission as someone with a much faster/slower ping then you are going to get lag - as the game is running a little bit (but not much) faster on one of the players systems, which results in things not loading quickly enough, etc.

Where this is worse, I assume this explains why we get disconnected from lobbies or cannot connect to them maybe?

If you are in a lobby with a lot of players from abroad do you suddenly find yourself alone as everyone else left at the same time?

The only work-around solution I can think of is to try to play with people from your own country/continent if possible.

It would be good if R* could include in their match-making a regional pairing thing so we are playing with people who will have similar pings!

Have you tried unlinking your Social Club account?

I think it makes it easier for the game to run as it doesn't have to update the stats on there or something!

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

See my post directly above yours.  It's untested yet but my best lead so far, nothing else works and I've even formatted my ps3 and it still lagged right off the bat.  Just a bad patch, might have to stop playing till they fix it. If the resolution change don't help.  I've done everything else I can think of and besides restarting the game every 10 minutes which takes forever and isn't even guaranteed to help nothing seems to matter so far. 

I tried this last night, disabling the 1072 resolution forces the PS3 into 576 mode, which looks ok apart from the text which looks a little bit jagged/pixelated.  I was playing against British people after I did this so changed it back.

After that DM, I was playing against some Europeans in a melee DM at the golf course and the lag was quite noticable as I was getting hit by their golf clubs even though I wasn't close enough for them to reach!?

I might give it another go to see if it makes any difference, I have heard that melee DMs are affected by this issue anyway so the screen resolution might not have been the cause of the problem!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

Ya that's true, its ALWAYS been worse in DM for some reason

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Could be because the players are closer together on the 'map', maybe that is why the lag is worse in DMs?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

Could be because the players are closer together on the 'map', maybe that is why the lag is worse in DMs?

Quite possibly, that makes it bad in free mode too, explosions and such also lower the frame rate a lot, have to try it on low trees and see if explosions and scoping through tear gas make it low frame rate out not.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

Seems to fix lag in free mode but you can't read anyone's name on my 70 inch tv, highly annoying. I was able to play lag free in a session for like 4 hours and then it started lagging but I think my ps3 was getting hot maybe? Not sure, or maybe just coincidence but I've never played that long in s lobby without lag problems since the 1.13 patch.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

I may have found the answer, i unlinked psn from social Club and it hasn't lagged since, except for in spots with many players code together and explosions, but it always did that. I think my excessive lag at times where others have none is over, I hope! I haven't linked it back up yet, hope it don't make it come back. It's much better so far, unlikely to be coincidence. It does seem like the problems started when the content creator was released

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Yeah, I tried it on 576i and it looked like a P2 game - everything was much bigger and blockier!

Turned it back to 720i after the DM, and it seems fine - I don't know if it would be better in melee DMs though, maybe it would help.

Glad the unlinking Social Club 'trick' worked, to see if it was that - you can just link it again and see what happens.

If the lag comes back that is something that is contributing towards it happening - I don't know if it is the cause though.

It is easy enough to unlink you account again, you would just need to quit the game and go back onto the Social Club to do this!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

I linked it and seems OK so far but not much play yet. Someone said you're supposed to unlink and relink every patch but I never have, maybe that's why, cause it got worse every patch, can't hardly imagine rockstar would f*ck up that bad and not everyone was affected. Made no sense but I didn't even think of all the data going back and forth from social Club causing the delays and taking forever to load staring at clouds.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Cool, hope it continues to work ok for you!

I had already done this before, as I couldn't even get into Online without it being unlinked  :blink:

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

Ya it started lagging again a short time after I linked it so now I'm unlinking it again to see if it's fast and testing it both ways on both my ps3s. One of which is Mac address port forwarded with upnp off and the other is just plugged in to the router and then straight into the Internet Jack bypassing the router. That seems to work best but then I don't have Internet on any of my other devices do its not really ideal, lol

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted A week ago

Ya it started lagging again a short time after I linked it so now I'm unlinking it again to see if it's fast and testing it both ways on both my ps3s. One of which is Mac address port forwarded with upnp off and the other is just plugged in to the router and then straight into the Internet Jack bypassing the router. That seems to work best but then I don't have Internet on any of my other devices do its not really ideal, lol

I had to do this on GTA IV initially-- online was completely unplayable for me until I did this.

What may work (to allow you to do this) and still have internet to other devices is to purchase an ethernet switch.... this looks like a router but acts kind of like a splitter.  http://www.amazon.co...ethernet switch

Plug this into your modem-- plug your PS3 into this and then run another ethernet cable to your router.

For me anyway-- this allowed my PS3 to grab an ip address from my ISP and my router to grab another (2 seperate external IP addresses)-- this gives a NAT 1 to the PS3 and did not affect the internet to other devices on the network.

This will only work if your ISP allows you to get more then one simultaneous IP address (mine would allow me at least 3-- I plugged a 2nd router into the switch as well and it got a third one).

Since I played IV, I purchased a new router and have not had any issues playing behind my router.... no DMZ and no open ports.

I'm still not so sure you guys should be blaming everything on Rockstar-- I have played GTAO at home over wifi (NAT 2)with no noticeable lag. I've also played recently over a public wifi at a hospital (my kid is in the hospital) and didn't notice any either... this is with a NAT 3 connection.

I am playing the disk version, in the US, on a PS3 super slim purchased about a year ago. 

For troubleshooting purposes, I urge everyone to try the above if they can (bypass the router)-- and/or take your console to a friends house and try it on their network.

Spuds

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by sultangris, A week ago.

Well I've done extensive testing with 2 ps3s and isps and the freezing is 100% rockstar induced and my lag is them im pretty sure. Never happened til patch 1.11 for freezing and 1.13 for lag. Unless the disk is bad but is so random I'm not sure. Digital copy people have same problems. It's the only thing I haven't tried and I'm not spending another 60 bucks til the pc version.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

If its not rockstars servers it could be modders maybe, there's a lot of them it seems and my games always very laggy they are around but I'm pretty positive its their sh*tty code on the slow outdated ps3s crappy hardware because my Internet connection is fiber, fast and perfect with no issues anywhere else and all problems started with new patch.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Have you tried cleaning your disc?

You just need a baby-wipe, or a similar soft cloth (that won't leave any marks) and some anti-bacterial hand wash (liquid soap?).

You can remove any fingerprints/dust/etc. without leaving any marks as long as you don't use too much pressure.

Wet the wipe with warm (not too hot) water and put a spot of soap on it, then wipe the disc clean to remove any dust/etc.

Then put the disc on 2 or 3 sheets of kitchen paper on a flat surface and with some more paper on top press down to absorb the excess water.

Check the disc is completely dry before putting in back in your PS3, obviously water and electricity don't mix  :santa:

If there were scratches on the disc before, you could take it to a Game Stop type store and get them to repair it.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

ive looked at it and there are no scratches or marks on it. its the only game i play so the only time it leaves my ps3 is when i put it in my other ps3 and im careful to not touch anywhere. I had a friend who said there was a certain spot on the map that would make him freeze every time he went there but ive never experienced any freezing before patch 1.11 and then it was never in the same spot and I dont freeze at all anymore, but the whole lobbies get slow so that menus take a long time to appear and actions take longer than normal to complete. For example when firing the heavy sniper there is a delay when pulling the trigger and when it actually fires and the delay when locking on other players with other weapons after your lock is broken is now not the same as it was before patch 1.13. now its random time differences which indicate some sort of lag to me but as my connection tests perfect to multiple servers with no problems anywhere else which tells me its the games problem. However since not everyone in the session experiences the same amount of lag and some have no lag at all, or so they say. Im skeptical because sometimes its very hard to detect and the average casual player may not even realize its acting different but it seems like some players dont as i have trouble getting kills and they seem to be able to kill me easy. Ive been playing the game since release and had the timing down to a science so its easy for me to detect the subtle differences when they occur that the casual player would likely miss. However sometimes its so horrible even a first time player can tell. Ive ruled out my ps3 as i have two of them and both have issues, ive ruled out my isp as ive used other isps and had the same issue, this leaves the game itself which is most likely since behavior changes immediately after patch, but since not everyone appears to be affected or at least not at the same time it raises doubt. I dont know anything about the PS3 modder/cheaters who can do impossible things so I dont know the extent of what they can actually do but whenever im in a session where I know there is one of them its lagging worse than ever. It also lags more when more people are in the same place and when there are explosions and tanks and cops which eventually completely stop showing up which suggests that its the hardware being overtaxed but since it never used to be that bad it brings the blame back to the game code being faulty which given the amount of bugs and glitches seems to me to be the most likely cause of all. Perhaps a memory leak or something. Restarting the console, unlinking social club and clearing game cache seems to help for a little while. I considered that some of the bookmarked jobs or something else with the social club might be causing it but as i had over 100 bookmarked and theres no way to delete them all at once i simply created and linked a fresh social club account and only played a little but it didnt have a problem and i plan to test that further but i keep running into the f*cking ferris wheels in the road bug that causes lag and appears to affect everyone in the session as well as everyone in every session they join only to be gotten rid of by holding r1 and l1 when loading the game which clears the game cache and since its so easy to run into someone else whos infected which infects you again its hard to properly test

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Ok, so it is not the disc then!

Re: Getting Online: I had a problem with my social club account and went to a friends house to check if the problem happened on another PS3 and it did.  R* told me to make a new S.C. account and this fixed the not being able to get online at all problem.

Re: Freezing: I have noticed it gets worse if there are explosions happening close by, I used to get console freezes due to this but not anymore.

I think it stopped freezing after the High Life Update, it hardly freezes at all now.

Now it drops the connection and I get sent back to story-mode, which is annoying but it only takes a few minutes to get back into the lobby (if I have a crew member in there) and resume whatever battle we were having :lol:

It happened last night, I think someone fired an RPG at me when I was in cover...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted A week ago

yea ive been getting lots of the time outs and disconnects but i dont think its my connection, ive tested it extensively and ive got my isps networking dept on the lookout monitoring my connection to spot anything abnormal and they say its good, every speed, ping and packet loss test i do to every server is good, never any packet loss and no pings over 100 unless they are to a different country thousands of miles away and thats to be expected.  Gotta be faulty game code, never happened before.

Im not a programmer or an expert in all areas but i know enough about computers and games and internet that ive properly troubleshot and know that its not my internet connection or my ps3 and that pretty much only leaves the game thats somehow causing the problem.  The fact that many others are having similar problems supports this theory and people who dont have the problem might have it and not know it but it certainly seems to be random for everyone and not all are affected the same way at the same time which is what i dont get, but its probably also why its not fixed yet cause in computer games they usually have these problems fixed quickly. Apparently rockstar is having problems tracking down the cause or simply not working on it hard enough if not enough people are complaining about it.  I know i gave up on their tech support cause they are f*cking morons who dont know anything and take a month to respond with bullsh*t generic troubleshooting steps that dont change anything but perhaps everyone should just create support tickets anyway so they see how widespread the problem really is, if everyones like me and doesnt let them know then they will never fix it, but i figured there would be enough other people reporting it that it wouldnt matter if i dont. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users