Photo

Fixing Lag issues/Connection Timeouts

319 replies to this topic
Aliashu
  • Aliashu

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:32 PM Edited by Aliashu, 19 November 2015 - 06:04 PM.

I have had the LAG issue explained to me but I am not reassured.

My Internet connection is fine, but I just got my ass handed to me in GTAO because my shots didn't register. I had the guy on the ground, dead. Next thing I'm on the ground dead. He basically killed me from the 'afterlife'.

What I would like to know about LAG is; why did his kill register and mine didn't even though I killed him first?

In another incident with the same guy, he was in the water at one point (lol) and I was blasting away at his head, he got out of the water and I'm still blasting away and then he just shot me dead with a quick burst.. I was shooting him for a good 10 seconds with no effect whatsoever. Surely this can't just be a LAG issue.

I came to PS4, in part to escape the Modders, but in many ways this crap is worse.

Can anything be done about it? Or are we stuck with this?

moneyboy0
  • moneyboy0

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

hey my name is moneyboy0 on ps3 and i would like to say that im not satisfied with the following pegasus vehicles barracks, luxor deluxe, swift deluxe, hydra is so could i get a refund. if so thanks

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

Ever since the IGG update, I can't stay connected to any lobby. Any help? Everything worked fine before. On x1

I haven't been able to stay connected since heist update. Prior to it everything was hunky dory.

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Ever since the IGG update, I can't stay connected to any lobby. Any help? Everything worked fine before. On x1

I haven't been able to stay connected since heist update. Prior to it everything was hunky dory.

Also xbone and it is blatantly obvious from peoples problems that both rockstar and Microsoft are both to blame here , I find it absolutely disgraceful that not only are either dismissive of the problems their customers are experiencing but also show no signs that they are working toward any kind of solution , both companies should be working together on this otherwise gta v on Xbox will soon be dead . If you experienced a problem with a product from any other company , even if it was not caused by them they would help and support you until it was resolved , why are two companies of this size treating their customers so poorly
  • Aliashu likes this

RedRockCandy
  • RedRockCandy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

I've been playing this game for a few days and it would be one of my favorite games ever if it worked. I would love to spend money on the game but can't due to my inability to connect to other players most of the time. Please, Rockstar, fix this game. I'm on PS4 by the way, and have tried every kind of router setup, port forwarding, and jerry rigged router bridges I've found and nothing works. Please, at least tell us something if you have something planned to fix this mess.

Aliashu
  • Aliashu

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:35 AM

I've been playing this game for a few days and it would be one of my favorite games ever if it worked. I would love to spend money on the game but can't due to my inability to connect to other players most of the time. Please, Rockstar, fix this game. I'm on PS4 by the way, and have tried every kind of router setup, port forwarding, and jerry rigged router bridges I've found and nothing works. Please, at least tell us something if you have something planned to fix this mess.

I've tried all the settings that R* have suggested, to no avail. I don't even bother trying to play in sessions of 20 or more.

The biggest annoyance is that I always seem to be on the receiving end of LAG, i.e. getting killed regardless of what I've thrown at the other player first.

Internet connection is fine and 'Ping' is above average. Not at all impressed.

NicoC
  • NicoC

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:16 PM Edited by NicoC, 12 December 2015 - 10:23 PM.

I have done some heists lately and have been facing an issue the last 2 days. Each time a heist mission or heist finale is finished and the team is supposed to spawn at the different locations, I get thrown out. This is the error popping up: ''There has been an error joining a sesson. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V.''. I do get the money for the mission itself, but it is boring rejoining sessions after each heist set-up and finale. It has never happened before. 

Anyone experienced this? 

B00Minyourface
  • B00Minyourface

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:18 PM

I have done some heists lately and have been facing an issue the last 2 days. Each time a heist mission or heist finale is finished and the team is supposed to spawn at the different locations, I get thrown out. This is the error: ''There has been an error joining a sesson. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V.''. I do get the money for the mission itself, but it is boring rejoining sessions after each heist set-up and finale. It has never happened before. 

Anyone experienced this? 

Just started happening to me this evening, annoying af. It was letting me join another session earlier but now I can't get online at all.

NicoC
  • NicoC

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

Exactly what happened to me. Yesterday or the day before it just connected me to another session. Now I am sent back to singleplayer.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:43 AM

If someone "quits" a heist, but you see everyone's name grayed out, it's you that lagged out.

Now a better connection won't make you immune to the network errors in GTA Online, but it will reduce the frequency of such things happening. It's also worth optimizing your connection as a courtesy to other players. No one wants to play with that guy on a crappy wifi connection who takes forever to load, teleports all over the place, and lags out. 

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:33 AM Edited by TovarishTony, 09 January 2016 - 02:34 AM.

Does anybody of you notice whats wrong with the R* game services these days as they are "unavailable" alot and kept retrying in both the social club launcher and online?

nikoliu
  • nikoliu

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

Seriously, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to find a lobby that I can actually play in. It's frustrating as f*ck when everyone leaves all at the same time and I'm left there all alone. Impossible to get my game on when this happens within the first 5 - 10 min. of entering a lobby. Of course the solo and invite sessions work fine but, that's no fun :( I love GTA but I might just have to abandon this game.

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Seriously, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to find a lobby that I can actually play in. It's frustrating as f*ck when everyone leaves all at the same time and I'm left there all alone. Impossible to get my game on when this happens within the first 5 - 10 min. of entering a lobby. Of course the solo and invite sessions work fine but, that's no fun :( I love GTA but I might just have to abandon this game.

Its never been great ever since I bit the bullet and paid a fortune for state of the art super dooper mega powerful Xbox one console not to mention forking out for the game again , but for Microsoft and rockstar to just basically ignore people's problems is not just disgraceful its bizarre can't think of anything else that's ever been sold in such quantities with obvious problems where the company havnt immediately tried to put it right , to not even acknowledge there is a problem is shockingly poor customer service , I spent 2 hours other "finding new session" for other players every now and then I would buy minutes later , bang everyone gone , but last night I entered 28 strong session and played in it for about 5 hours problem free , so it can work , so surly can fixed
  • Aliashu likes this

Aliashu
  • Aliashu

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:50 PM Edited by Aliashu, 14 January 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Online play has been around for some time and it's only going to get more popular.

Some of the 'ambitions' of games developers are pretty amazing and the software that's being developed is jaw dropping.

Multi-billion dollar companies like MS, Sony and even PC manufacturers and the developers themselves really need to start working together to come up with a worldwide 'stable' online server to cope with the already high demand.

Like you I recently forked out for a PS4, only to find that I can't play in a full session. NPC vehicles jumping up and down or half-submerged in the tarmac is common, as is players jumping about like a bad stop-motion animation. Not being able to kill a player but getting killed instantly is beyond annoying.

These companies are really not doing themselves any favours, if they continue to take their customers for granted it will eventually bite them in the ass.

Giving people a guide on how to 'port-forward' or open NATs is the same dismissive BS that Broadband providers 'fob' you off with when you complain about their speed not being what was promised.

• bruvs-mcfc likes this

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

Anyone else constantly being signed out of PSN, and/or being disconnected from GTA Online on PS3?

derek0514
  • derek0514

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Yes - what's going on?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Anyone else constantly being signed out of PSN, and/or being disconnected from GTA Online on PS3?

Yes all my friends. And its only while playing gta. No one knows anything.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

Yes all my friends. And its only while playing gta. No one knows anything.

I swear, this game... I like it and all, but it's not a game if you can't play the damn thing.

BowdonUK
  • BowdonUK

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

I'm having problems on my PS4 looking for quick jobs. Before the last update I was in big lobby's doing big races (thats my favourite activity).

Now I'm stuck in lobby's that only have at the most 4 people + me. Also most of the jobs don't load up.

The thing is, I also have the game on PC and its not having any of the problems.

I sent off a support ticket to rockstar.. so I'll see how they try to fix it.

I wonder if there is a way to repair the gta game on ps4?

Absolut
  • Absolut

Homie

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

A week or so ago i changed my cat cable to a quality cat 6 one, (was cheap 5e) it should be a bit better protected against interference. If yours is cat 5, change it, from 5e i am not sure if it pays to upgrade to 6.

After that i gave my PS4 a static IP, and placed it into DMZ. I could have opened up all the ports that the game needs, too, but thought that this is a less of an hazzle.

Did it do anything? I dunno, but I haven't had A SINGLE hiccup during this time.
The game has been absolutely flawless, i would even claim that when riding as a passanger with friends, it lags and stutters a lot less, very smooth.

Since there is always bitching about the games performance, i just hope that everyone would do basic steps first. GTAO requires a few more ports to be open than for example PS4 does, just give them to it. Don't trust automatics, keep your ports in your hands. It is the best and most certain way. I believe (and hope) that my critisism for onlines functionality has been due to my own settings. Hopefully so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users