Billionaire Days

128 replies to this topic
Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm fine without it but I miss modding up cars and respraying.  That's pretty much what I spent all my money on.  Spent about 3 mill on ammo and 109 mill at lsc lol

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

I miss it a lot. I liked spending my money to find which cars I wanted for my garage. There weren't any worries about over-spending on anything since I was rich as f*ck... even a million gets burnt quick in this game.

• GankThis110 likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

I only spent about $20M of the billions I got, but that was enough to get some good cars and Pegasus vehicles. 

But the main thing about the billionaire days was the wild crazy fun that it was.  :^:  I had never tried free-mode, until I read in GTAF about the billions flowing.  Even though free-mode was full of assholes as always, every night was so electric and so unpredictable, it was way more fun than the basic game design.  Totally fun.  :colgate: :colgate:

Then suddenly, it just ended.  :cry:  I spent a few more nights in free mode, getting tank-killed, spawn killed, sticky-bombed, run over, etc, and then I went back to solo race grinding to continue to level up.  GTA0 :bored:

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

First thing I did, was report the money I did not earn.

i did the exact same thing.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

Yes.

I miss giving fully modded cars to friends to sell.

I miss jacking a car off the street just to mod it completely to play around with, then destroying it and grabbing another.

I miss being able to f*ck around with friends for hours without having to constantly grind missions for ammo/insurance/etc money

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

I definitely miss it.

I miss being able to just go into a Los Santos Customs and see how two colors looked together on a specific car. And also all the other stuff in Customs.

I miss not worrying about using certain weapons during certain moments.

The game was so much more fun when you could just PLAY it..... just play and have fun.. a little like GTA IV.

I'd rather have paid DLC with no in-game money crap, rather than these cash cards.... smh. I feel sorry for the people who think cash cards are ok because you don't HAVE to buy them.... those people just don't get it....

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by TheProphet78, 12 March 2014 - 06:08 AM.

I miss having multiple billions. Now I only have one and change. Gives me a feeling I might spend it all soon. I hate that feeling. Once I break a billion and have 999,999,999 I will feel very depressed. I was only able to farm those playlist races twice before they patched them(576 mill each). I could've done it so many more times.

http://www.gta5stats...er/theprophet78

Who else has this issue?? I'm 401 million dollars away from being stripped of my billionaire title

Unknown_33
  • Unknown_33

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:21 AM Edited by Unknown_33, 12 March 2014 - 06:22 AM.

I miss getting free fully modded cars to sell at LSC from strangers.

Still happens now. ;)

made over 500k stealing 5 fully modded cars being glitched in via LSC lol

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

GrifterSix
  • GrifterSix

BAMF- CHURCH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:13 AM Edited by GrifterSix, 13 March 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Well first of all there seems to be so many whiners on this forum.

If you dont like glitches or hacked money fine.... But the holier than thou attitude is tiresome.

The way it all comes off is " If your a expoliter/ glitcher  your not a real gamer".  What a Joke...who drives, flies or shoots better? Bet it has nothing to do with how you got your money.

To some the grind is the fun part...good for you. For others its looking down off the mountain peak.

I loved glitches and exploits so long as it  didnt mean godmoding or other actions that had no counter...Why because they made me feel like crook.

I felt like I was bending the system over, spitting on its tight little orifice  and thrusting home. Helluva Rush!

The missions and events got boring...But grinding that cash... Getting Illicit gains ... Running a crew  that was posh; now that was fun.

Later I even became a good Samaritan and gave cars away ,help people get started, came to the aide of folks...like a real reformed pillar of society. ;)

I was given over 8 Billion....I bought everything... enjoyed everything and reveled in everything to excess.

Ultimately i got banned for 4 weeks.  I kept everything I  bought and R*  left me with a cool 40 million and a record of100's millions spent  that now masks everything.

And for those of you who will surely try to hate, what do I care ...I got mine!

Do I miss it...No. Billions were too much and everyone had it.  Im glad R*  cleaned most account. Its not as much fun when EVERYONE has money :)

But what did I do for  those 4 weeks? Oh yeah, I busted out my Backup Profile and used the  XP exploit to make him my same level. I then grinded him 20 million.

I got out of the cheater pool and I tucked him back away for a rainy day just in case with a nice garage and a 2nd Character with a garage full of adders.

Now Im retired... I cruise around  in my nice cars/ jets/boats/ etc,  I get into fights and overall have a good time and never once do I have to say "I wish I had..."

I hear about new glitches and know how to do most of them.  I do not participate anymore because  I do not have the need. 

But maybe if there was something new and exciting  Id pull a  Micheal and slip out of retirement.

"Your best, losers always complain about doing their best while winners go home and F*** the prom queen" Sean Connery "The Rock"

• KingJohn likes this

darkjounin
  • darkjounin

SoCali Native

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

I was never a billionaire, not greedy. Happy millionaire :) ... money is drying up though :(

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

Billionaire days were enjoyable but any vehicle in garage era was fun as f*ck.

Oh hell yeah

I think i switched out my garage every other day.

Well first of all there seems to be some many whiners on this forum.

If you dont like glitches or hacked money fine.... But the holier than thou attitude is tiresome.

The way it all comes off is " If your a expoliter/ glitcher  your not a real gamer".  What a Joke...who drives, flies or shoots better? Bet it has nothing to do with how you got your money.

To some the grind is the fun part...good for you. For others its looking down off the mountain peak.

I loved glitches and exploits so long as it  didnt mean godmoding or other actions that had no counter...Why because they made me feel like crook.

I felt like I was bending the system over, spitting on its tight little orifice  and thrusting home. Helluva Rush!

The missions and events got boring...But grinding that cash... Getting Illicit gains ... Running a crew  that was posh; now that was fun.

Later I even became a good Samaritan and gave cars away ,help people get started, came to the aide of folks...like a real reformed pillar of society. ;)

I was given over 8 Billion....I bought everything... enjoyed everything and reveled in everything to excess.

Ultimately i got banned for 4 weeks.  I kept everything I  bought and R*  left me with a cool 40 million and a record of100's millions spent  that now masks everything.

And for those of you who will surely try to hate, what do I care ...I got mine!

Do I miss it...No. Billions were too much and everyone had it.  Im glad R*  cleaned most account. Its not as much fun when EVERYONE has money :)

But what did I do for  those 4 weeks? Oh yeah, I busted out my Backup Profile and used the  XP exploit to make him my same level. I then grinded him 20 million.

I got out of the cheater pool and I tucked him back away for a rainy day just in case with a nice garage and a 2nd Character with a garage full of adders.

Now Im retired... I cruise around  in my nice cars/ jets/boats/ etc,  I get into fights and overall have a good time and never once do I have to say "I wish I had..."

I hear about new glitches and know how to do most of them.  I do not participate anymore because  I do not have the need. 

But maybe if there was something new and exciting  Id pull a  Micheal and slip out of retirement.

"You're best, losers always complain about doing their best while winners go home and F*** the prom queen" Sean Connery "The Rock"

Ever heard of sentences?

2405, Never Forget

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:18 AM Edited by 2281, 12 March 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Ah yes, those were the days. As I was already over rank 120 at the time (due to DNS Servers), here's what I purchased:

- All clothes and masks

- All weapons and their respective customizations, as well as full ammo for all weapons (duh)

- All Pegasus vehicles

- Adder, Entity XF, Elegy RH8, Carbonizzare, Gaunlet, Bati 800, all of which were fully customized.

- Fun! I made good use of bounties, mercenaries, ignition bombs, etc. in Freeroam.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Being gifted billions= cheating you didn't work for it blah blah blah

Buying shark card= cheating...while technically you worked for it in reality to afford the card, however you did NOT work for it in the game

How's it any different.
  • 2281 likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

I started a 2nd character and kept my gifted money in her pocket. It ended up at around 3.2 Billion $.  She had a good time buying every apartment and checking them all out.

My main character used some of the money to re-arrange his garage by selling and re-buying some cars. That was it.

I dont miss it, no one was doing anything but free roam. 

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I dont miss it at all ..I had close to 2 billion

with the Money i could Buy/Steal & upgrade without any thought or care.......had no reason to grind money

Now that it is gone,

I think before i buy ...I ask other players about a vehicles handling ect....I keep cars stock until i know if i want them or not.....I grind to make that money and try to learn new ways to complete missions and lower my overhead expense...RPGs ect, can clear out a big area....but can put you spending more than you earn real quick

tolkaNo
  • tolkaNo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

Why do people wanna own all the pegasus vehicles so badly? Now you gotta scroll through a huge list of bullsh*t to select your buzzard

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Definitely miss it, the game hasn't been nearly as fun since they took the money away. Grinding the same missions over and over is boring and feels like a chore. Loved not having to worry about ammo or destroyed cars. Loved being able to buy or pick up any car off the street and play around with the modifications. Bought all the Pegasus vehicles and all the clothes available, plus my Entity.

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

billions were fun indeed but to be honnest.. the moment they resetted my account was actuallly the most fun because now i have a reason to play missions/races..
therefore the only thing i've been doing was freeroam putting bounties , killing people with no reason..
im glad to be back in normal gaming modus..

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

I miss my 2 billon dollars that I got for Christmas lol Santa was hacking.
At least we didn't lose our cars and weapons that we brought with the modded money.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

never got it, only played private when I heard about it. Never wanted it.

Everyone who misses is; can do this: GTFO!

• ivarblaauw likes this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Never was gifted money and happy to see those days over. People actually play the game now.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sometime I took a random car in the street and modded it into a troll car with chrome and pink.

The Albany Emperor was such a pimpmobile.

• gnad.1992 likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Are gamers really THAT lazy to work for virtual money.

What is this I don't even...

I know.

I buy a game so I can work for things... f*ck that mentality, games are supposed to be fun.  Unlimited money made this game more fun for me and I'm not ashamed of it.

• gnad.1992 and XJpostman like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

I know.

I buy a game so I can work for things... f*ck that mentality, games are supposed to be fun.  Unlimited money made this game more fun for me and I'm not ashamed of it.

lol.... I know right? Why would you want to buy a game to play it when you can just punch in a cheat code and see the ending right? Why spend 60$ to play for 40 hours or more when you can just pay 60$, then be done with the game in 5 minutes... Oh wait.

Seriously... The problem with what you're saying isn't that it made the game more "fun" for you. It just made it so that you had an upper hand on everyone else that wasn't cheating and THAT was "fun" for you, not for everyone else but for you it was ok. Cause you know, f*ck everyone else right?

• Odesza likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I know.

lol.... I know right? Why would you want to buy a game to play it when you can just punch in a cheat code and see the ending right? Why spend 60$ to play for 40 hours or more when you can just pay 60$, then be done with the game in 5 minutes... Oh wait.

Seriously... The problem with what you're saying isn't that it made the game more "fun" for you. It just made it so that you had an upper hand on everyone else that wasn't cheating and THAT was "fun" for you, not for everyone else but for you it was ok. Cause you know, f*ck everyone else right?

It's not that, it's all about the fun.

If you really like the game, you can play Online for hours without getting bored. Like me. If you have nice friends and a crew, you won't be bored, and money will not matter.

Back in my days, we used to play games to have fun. Not grind like crazy for virtual money and be proud of it....  :panic:

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Yeah I don't think you understood what I posted whatsoever.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 12 March 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Yeah I don't think you understood what I posted whatsoever.

I didn't really read everything, but my post wasn't 100% aimed at your post

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

I know.

You are missing the point entirely, the challenge is in the missions, in the racing and the deathmatches.  They are limited fun for me.  The real fun is in the PvP combat and the personalization of my character/wheels.  For the fun I need this in-game currency and I honestly don't need a real-life simulator wherein my "fun" is playing a broke dude just grinding to get by, but never ahead.

So yeah, punch in that cheat code, I want to have fun with money.  It doesn't hurt other players as you still need to have RP to get good weapons/upgrades, it just makes for less grinding on my part, I wasn't looking for a WoW experience when I bought the game. 

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

You still act like being a virtual billionaire actually meant something.

It only means you were weak and knew you couldnt be bothered to play the game as is.

Revel in the fact you HAD virtual money. Because its obvious those who are so into virtual wealth are shallow, broke jokes in real life.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

You still act like being a virtual billionaire actually meant something.

It only means you were weak and knew you couldnt be bothered to play the game as is.

Revel in the fact you HAD virtual money. Because its obvious those who are so into virtual wealth are shallow, broke jokes in real life.

Yeah I'm very broke in RL

You're the Master of the Universe, the All Seeing Eye.

I miss my virtual wealth so much, I'm really crying in RL.

For f*ck sake man, can't we have a pacific discussion here? Just share your opinion, no need to act like the badass you are.

• AlienTwo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users