SA Released
461 replies to this topic
Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Junior_Djjr, 3 weeks ago.

Answering:

Spoiler

1- Maybe I'll add it.
2- Maybe.
3- It's better you just load the vehicle and re-save. The way I stored infos in .tmv is bad. It's easy to change the .tmv file name, but anyway...
4- The name of vehicle is the name of file, simply. Older versions was 2 fields, one for file name and other for vehicle name, why not be all the same? And yes, the name of author can be saved in .tmv, why not a new name for vehicle?
5- I don't see useful to know the part ID, and if it is useful to you, just hold CTRL to see.
6- I removed it since it became meaningless, because when you hide-show a part in the Manage the vehicle will be automatically repaired (code limitations for better operation), so why would someone pay to repair it? If it were free it would make more sense, but anyway, I could even put it in some corner, which is difficult because I try to avoid too much information in the main menu.
7- I have thought about it several times, but people are literally lazy, nobody is renaming the parts for better organization. The utility would come when the mod is used along with another, such as Enhanced Functions. I just have not done this until today because it will be a bit bad to adapt such functionality in cloned parts, as you mentioned.
8- It's not easy in anyway, and because of difficult I re-made these functions in Enhanced Functions, so, EnhFuncs is the mod for this (and other functions).
9- I dislike how bad is neon of Pimp My Car. This neon mod is very better. I just didn't included in TM because it's limited to only 1 vehicle by time.
10- As I said, very hard to do.
11- I'm planning this for EnhFuncs, this isn't really functional but, for real, even the default SA functionally is fake (the middle wheel of trucks is just visual, not functional). My idea is that it be simple wheels running as it should be, but without collision.
12- The cleo only can do next, not previous, lol. Because of this that mp3 mods is all made by "1.mp3", "2.mp3" etc. I can make something like store all songs in order in memory and so, but it's just a detail in that mod, much difficulty for a little thing, I even like to leave the songs totally random.
13- It's possible, but I don't think it useful.
14- I already thought about it, and this idea of dropdown is difficult, but it should be an interesting challenge to create.
15- Maybe.
16- It's very hard... Isn't simply select everything at the same time, it is also necessary to know exactly the position of each part (the offset), and even the offset of a part is related to a parent part that is related to another parent part, isn't simple. And why? For a good working, a new hood should be put in place of your original hood and things like that, that is, usually the correct thing to do is that you add part by part manually in each different part of the vehicle instead of get it all together and place it at chassis.

My idea that apparently nobody said: A list of recently added parts to select.
  • Minhkute360 likes this

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

4) i mean changing the name shown in green texts at rightbottom of screen, not the things in Savemenu.;-p. E.g your gigahorse.tmv, its base model is Monster (of monster.dff)(but hidden in tm garage to be installed with Voodoo chassis instead) so that the game still shows the name "Monster" at rightbottom of screen, I actually want to change this!

5) I want to see the dff name of the parts, not IDs! holding Ctrl only shows the IDs in navigation. About adding new part to ini in-game: plus a toggle key to switch between 2 modes of saving the new part in ini: "in ID" or "in dffname". For e.g I add the lamppost1.dff (id is 120 for eg) to the ini, so when open the ini, at the end I'll see "120" if current savetype is "in ID", or I'll see "lamppost1" if current savetype is "in dffname".

9) I think now it's our turn to create the mod DynLighting for SA vehicles, because till now we all can't accept the lighting system of 3D-era GTAs anymore, comparing to other modern games today! And in future you'll mix it to TM, in which the DynLighting will work depending on new dummies we added to the car chassis, their illumination will produce the neon shadow under the chassis, looked cool.:-p

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

4) i mean changing the name shown in green texts at rightbottom of screen, not the things in Savemenu.;-p. E.g your gigahorse.tmv, its base model is Monster (of monster.dff)(but hidden in tm garage to be installed with Voodoo chassis instead) so that the game still shows the name "Monster" at rightbottom of screen, I actually want to change this!

I understood, and why? It's the model name to you know what is the original vehicle. The name of vehicle is the file name itself.

5) I want to see the dff name of the parts, not IDs! holding Ctrl only shows the IDs in navigation.

Only is not shown when you give the ID instead of the name, so it is not possible to know the name. The game doesn't store the names of .dff files (for what? It would be useless for the game, it is only useful for us that we modify it).

9) I think now it's our turn to create the mod DynLighting for SA vehicles, because till now we all can't accept the lighting system of 3D-era GTAs anymore, comparing to other modern games today! And in future you'll mix it to TM, in which the DynLighting will work depending on new dummies we added to the car chassis, their illumination will produce the neon shadow under the chassis, looked cool.:-p

I believe it doesn't have much to do with the Tuning Mod, besides I don't get close to being the right person to do this.

madleg
  • madleg

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Add "Headlight color" function to More menu which allows me to customize the color of headlight.

As I said, very hard to do.

Mostly copypasta from MTA, press tab while in vehicle to taste the rainbow:

Spoiler
  • Apu889 and Junior_Djjr like this

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 2 weeks ago

I understood, and why? It's the model name to you know what is the original vehicle. The name of vehicle is the file name itself.

Because this is Tuning Mod.

And detail: the name seems to be saved in .gxt or .fxt because visually it is shown in green texts at bottom-right of screen, but actually it's saved in .tmv separately. So that for example about your gigahorse.tmv whose base model is Monster so it would appear the name "MONSTER" as it should but due to TM it shows "MY F*CKING HORSE WHEEL" instead- the name "MY F*CKING HORSE WHEEL" is saved in gigahorse.tmv :)

Each TM vehicle must have own nickname, ok? Very funny & useful in MP play that we can easily recognize our teammate by their tm vehicle name! :p

MrBellic
  • MrBellic

[IR]Mr.Bellic

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Maybe you could implement a simple script for a mechanic to bring you the car? using the same spawning system but, with a driver on it, like in scarface or TLAD/TBOGT, it would set it in stone as like "Junior Djjr's parts shop" and sh*t, with a skin that has a mechanic outfit with a tuning mod logo on the back, i don't know, is just a hopefull idea.

Maybe, is that, there are more important things that still need improvement.
Also, it's a sh*t to make a driver drive some car to you, you know, all mods with this feature work so dumb, and it's because of the limitations of the game itself.

Hey.I've got a very huge problem.The IndieVehHandlings.cs makes my game crash.could you please help me out with this?
Amazing mod by the way.So sad I couldnt find it sooner.

Can someone answer me please?Thanks in advance.

Provide modloader/modloader.log content after crash (don't need it whole, only the end with that mysterious codes there)

Spoiler

Following my crash list, your problem was solved using Crack 1.0 US Compact by Listener.
Up to now I don't know what exactly is this problem and another solution...
You can try also strange things like rename your .exe name, reinstall your Crack Hoodlum, change your GTA SA folder name etc. Tell results.

@Junior at that time i used 0.3.4 (now 0.3.5), and tm.asi only worked in root folder or scripts folder, while older version of tm.asi (2.1 rc3 and below) still worked well in modloader folder. I didn't tested older modloader yet.

I will remove this, it was because I added a check to exist 2 files installed at the same time (inside modloader + gta sa root) because many people left 2 installed and caused problems and called me for help etc, it was a very common error (one of the only problems with the arrival of ModLoader, lol)

Believe me,I tried everything but still,no results.Thank you so much anyway ;)

President_of_the_Cards
  • President_of_the_Cards

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

say hello to my little friend.

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

It's all about things to do in any games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

so where i find this location or which key i press to gain access to car customization?

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

Add "Headlight color" function to More menu which allows me to customize the color of headlight.

As I said, very hard to do.

Mostly copypasta from MTA, press tab while in vehicle to taste the rainbow:
Spoiler

For sure it will be on next version  :inlove:

• Silent likes this

MrBellic
  • MrBellic

[IR]Mr.Bellic

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Hi there again!Just wanted to inform you that I managed to find and solve the problem.All I had to do,was following the damn train disabling DEP manually!All this time I thought there was something wrong with the IndieVehHandlings.cs (since the game used to start without anyproblems while it was not installed).but the actually problem was from the NoDEP.asi file.It just wasnt working.
Just one little thing to ask:this mod is one of the best tools for creating new vehicles.And the best thing about it is that you can actually create your own vehicle while you are in-game!So what I want to know is that is there anyway that we can convert the .tms files into txd/dff files?I'm sorry if my question was inappropriate/rude/lame in anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

• M4k3 likes this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago Edited by Junior_Djjr, A day ago.

Hi there again!Just wanted to inform you that I managed to find and solve the problem.All I had to do,was following the damn train disabling DEP manually!All this time I thought there was something wrong with the IndieVehHandlings.cs (since the game used to start without anyproblems while it was not installed).but the actually problem was from the NoDEP.asi file.It just wasnt working.

For (almost?) all people works. I see no reason to be something wrong with that, but rather, Windows is again attacking with its "security".
It is best to actually disable these security manually in the operating system.

The problem of this .cs if just that:
0AA7: call_function_return _malloc 1 1 params IndieStructSize return 13@ // Allocate memory
0AA5: call_function _memcpy num_params 3 pop 3 params OriginalStructSize 12@ 13@ // Copy memory (handling struct to new allocated memory)
If I'm not mistaken, it's the memcpy that's causing DEP on some PCs and I still have no idea how to get around that. (maybe convert it to .asi?)

Just one little thing to ask:this mod is one of the best tools for creating new vehicles.And the best thing about it is that you can actually create your own vehicle while you are in-game!So what I want to know is that is there anyway that we can convert the .tms files into txd/dff files?I'm sorry if my question was inappropriate/rude/lame in anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

I would be creating a .dff exporter.... within a game.
This would be crazy, even the current best .dff importers/exporters are not perfect, imagine me making one, and inside the game.
  • Crspy likes this

MrBellic
  • MrBellic

[IR]Mr.Bellic

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Yeah you're right.Thanks anyways :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users