A idea I had as a child. I started in 2012 where still "BMS Sound Shop", and from there I was gaining experience and improving this mod to the current level.
Tuning Mod is a sandbox mod cleo where the limit is your creativity.
Watch this fast beautiful video showing a "bit" from this mod:
In video include english screens of the mod, different from images below.
Here's a video showing step by step the building of a tuning car in v2.1. It's fully english and great to know how this mod works:
It's the current world's biggest mod cleo. A multitude of utilities and tricks you will spend weeks to explore all mod. And because it is a free sandbox it is a mod for fun eternity.
You can add parts in any vehicle - cars, motorcycles, bicycles, airplanes, helicopters, boats, trailers - anywhere - some detail on the hood, change the bicycles pedal, motorcycle exhaust, change the handlebars, propellers etc. - and modifying the part as you want - move, rotate, stretch, change size, invert, center, even deformation in four dimensions and paint the part with RBG color and transparency - with all convenience - undo command, save/load position, command modes and cameras, in-game tips, facilities to change the wheels, .ini files easily configurable for you to add new parts, CTRL+C and CTRL+V commands in various parts within the mod etc.
It is a mod for any person: tuning lovers; those who like to free the imagination/creativity; who just want to do simple touches to make the cars different; who wants to tune bikes; drift lovers; automotive sound etc...
In addition to the focus - that is to add any game model in your vehicle - in cars you can also lower/raise/tilt the suspension, shorten/tighten/soften the springs, change wheel size, install 4 types of turbos with BOV sounds and different performances, included 4 types of tires with different wear and stabilities, 4 types of brakes with different sides and powers, install doors opening up, among other non-exclusive things to cars like bluish lights, change behavior of exhaust smokes, let vehicle stronger, change engine sound, change handling, change all 4 color variations, hide any part of the vehicle, etc...
Even a status footer (hold TAB to see) showing information from your vehicle as acceleration, speed, stability, damage, each tire wear, traction, fuel type, weight and value of your vehicle in which changes according to the parts installed, damage and more.
In cars, you have even a tire wear system with realistic calculations, where the wear does losing grip, and in the end, the tire ends up bursting.
Together with Enhanced Functions, you can apply functions in the parts you added, as spinners, scoop opening, vibrating speakers etc.
— screenshot of version 2.1 with Grid Garage —
— screenshot of version 2.1 with NFS World Garage —
What's new in v2?
- Script almost recreated from scratch, now highly optimized, stable, light, agile.
- Advanced interface like no other mod currently has.
- Dismount: Take parts of any vehicle to put on another. Yes, you can set up a Monster Infernus, add Buffalo's hood, mix FCR-900 with Sanchez and NRG-500 etc. And if you download a car for example has a separate engine, you can get his engine to use in another car! This goes for literally any part that is separated from the others.
- And really I hope you never have a crash using this mod, but even if it passes this, the autosave system will save your project!
What's new in v2.1?
- Fixed save game stopped working after you save it with the mod. Thanks to Fabio for help.
- Fix crash shortly after loading a saved vehicle.
- Fixed a major bug that could cause crashes and handling bugs after a while playing, or random crash to appear the first car on the street.
- Fixed the loading of a vehicle that does not have all the necessary components installed in you game where it did not load properly and even crash when trying to load a saved vehicle.
- Fixed when creating a car with body ("chassis") from another and to save and load ports reappear and no more hiding.
- Fixed load order of the parts of a saved vehicle, will now be in the same order when you saved it. This will fix problems as you take care of the parts with transparency work properly but when saved and loaded the car were wrong again. Another example is the use of "Holes" problems loading a saved car and "Holes" stop working were fixed.
- Fixed paintable parts in the secondary colors, tertiary and quaternary not functioning in some cases.
- Fixed parts with transparency making the car disappear behind, for example the lowrider roof.
- Fixed CTRL+V crashing with parts bigger names than 16 letters. Remember that the mod is now compatible with parts names with up to 19 letters. In the previous version I said 24, but the game only supports 19.
- Fixed models above ID limit being loaded as if they existed.
- Fixed camera mouse entering under the ground while in a car. The camera pointing a part continues into the ground as this have some usefulness.
- Fixed all the parts back to appear when you try to make it appear one or repair the car with HESOYAM cheat - a bug that happened with some people to enable the "no visible damage", and with all persons that change the car's handling and soon then go to "Manage".
- Added ability to increase the size of the wheel of the collision, so now you can install bigger rims without sinking to the ground.
- Add loading menu of saved vehicles, which shows information such as date of save and car author, you can delete .tmv files ingame etc.
- Added saved vehicle loading mode compatible with SAMP, which loads over your current car rather than creating a new one, so players still see your car - but not its parts, of course. Read about holding the button J. Also compatible with missions.
- Added a new more advanced way of selecting parts from another vehicle. This new mode is without limits and incompatibilities, by doing so you never have problems selecting parts with long names, or not unique, or parts that were before not selectable.
- Added ability to add parts in the .ini all within the game. For example, you load a part using CTRL+V or entering (G), and then press CTRL+A to add it in the current selected INI.
- Added cars reflection mode, allowing you to install parts with the same reflections as cars.
- Added support specular highlighting.
- Added support parts with painted materials without needing to use textures.
- Added possibility to use vehicle.txd textures without needing to be within the part .txd.
- Added alpha/transparency/mask correction mode.
- Added position and animation setting for player in the garage, so you can change the position and animation that CJ is in every garage.
- Added parts count added to the "Manage" screen.
- Added ability to open/close doors on the "Manage".
- Added the .dff name appearing in the screen to select a part. For this, you need to use the .dff name in the .ini instead of ID, but what appears will be the ID number.
- Added detection if you have two or more Tuning Mod installed at the same time, thus warning the player and avoiding pass (big) problems. (Only works for the current and future versions, and Intro = 1 in the .ini)
- Added the command "Z" when accept the installation of the part. Hold Z while accepting the installation to create the same part on the other side of the vehicle.
- Added random songs. So, songs randomly passing instead of linear.
- Added accents on letters. (in portuguese version).
And of course, your project can be saved and even shared with your friends!
Success in Brazil and other Latin countries.
Click to enter Tuning Mod Facebook group
If you are not accepted within 24 hours, let me know in any way as a PM in GTAForums. I do this to prevent spammers.
Click to download parts for Tuning Mod
In mod blog also there / there will be some tutorials and tricks, as the mod is full of secrets.
Wesser - For the great help in add-part system in vehicles.
DK22Pac - Creation of TM.asi to store information on parts and his github.
Fabio - Additions in TM.asi, helps and change wheel size system.
LINK/2012 - Help in IndieVehHandling.cs and others.
Thayná - Helps in vehicle save system.
Meck - Icons of turbo, tire and brake.
Adnan - BOV sounds from NFS / Forza.
Deji - Clipboard.cleo
IDB contributors - In which it is a great help for everyone.
Members of the Tuning Mod group on facebook and others who supported and waited for this project.
Please, read the readme carefully.
You can also support this project by donating any amount.