Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

A sandbox game.

with...

GTA humor

GTA IV physics (Best physics i've ever seen in a game)

GTA V graphics

Has awesome small details like in GTA IV and V

Great Storyline with many endings like Two Souls

Addictive gameplay

A mix between IV and SA Handling

Medium map

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

A sandbox game where the hero gains new skills better health bar and can buy better equipment, and where the hero can go about the big map as he pleases.

So, skyrim and zeldas

Forfunonly
  • Forfunonly

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

All games ever created combined

• G.S.T and FANTOMTRON like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Or a game where you get to create and play a game, which contains all genres, all types, all characters, all worlds, all items, all objects, automatically voices all dialogues, all models, all scripting ever done and everything else ever made.

And once you finish the game you buikd, you can play it.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Forfunonly
  • Forfunonly

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Or a game where you get to create and play a game, which contains all genres, all types, all characters, all worlds, all items, all objects, automatically voices all dialogues, all models, all scripting ever done and everything else ever made.

And once you finish the game you buikd, you can play it.

Well thats what actually i mean. You can change the game  everytime and  anytime

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 11 March 2014 - 12:39 PM.

This is perfect to me
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vavUXJXV7ec

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

You will probably love this then.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Bifmj1O3D24

• FullMetal and BuyMeTheMoon like this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by D- Ice, 21 April 2014 - 07:20 PM.

Quite a while back, before GTA IV's release, in one of the GTA wish-list type topics, there was a member called 28RedEyedCrows (or something like that) who wanted a GTA without any missions. I know it sounds crazy, but that's definately something that would be in my perfect game.

It doesn't exactly mean a game without a storyline, without objectives, or even without missions - it just means a game without any specially scripted misisons. Everything that would happen in the game would be programmed into the game engine itself. So everthing that happens in missions - from 'Grand Theft Aero' to 'Phnom Pehn '86', from 'Three Leaf Clover' to the 'Paleto Bay Score' - everything can be reproduced during free-roam gameplay, with a near-infinite number of possible variations each time around.

Also, you won't be guided by the arm through the game, with specific instructions to do X then Y then Z. Your broad objectives would be given to you in cutscenes (which won't just act as little dramatic set-pieces for the storyline), and you will be free to pursue and achieve these objectives as you see fit. Hints will be given to you in the cutscenes and by phone calls, but there won't be the old annoying sentences at the bottom of the screen telling you exactly what to do and when to do it.

Finally, what this will all mean is that the game will also have essentially unlimited missions and side-activities - most of which action-packed and related to the mission gameplay and theme of the game - not completely random boring crap like playing tennis with your wife.

• Daz, Davo the Assassin, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and 2 others like this

MrHAZ3
  • MrHAZ3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

For me it would have to have a good believable story with good gameplay but also have a decision making element. I loved how heavy rain branched out so many ways due to your decisions and I also loved the gameplay in TLOU I think it would be great to see something in between.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:25 AM Edited by Daz, 12 March 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Quite a while back, before GTA IV's release, in one of the GTA wish-list type topics, there was a member called 28RedEyedCrows (or somethinglike that) who wanted a GTA without any missions. I know it sounds crazy, but that's definately something that would be in my perfect game.

It doesn't exactly mean a game without a storyline, without objectives, or even without missions - it just means a game without any specially scripted misisons. Everything that would happen in the game would be programmed into the game engine itself. So everthing that happens in missions - from 'Grand Theft Aero' to 'Phnom Pehn '86', from 'Three Leaf Clover' to the 'Paleto Bay Score' - everything can be reproduced during free-roam gameplay, with a near-infinite number of possible variations each time around.

Also, you won't be guided by the arm through the game, with specific instructions to do X then Y then Z. Your broad objectives would be given to you in cutscenes (which won't just act as little dramatic set-pieces for the storyline), and you will be free to pursue and achieve these objectives as you see fit. Hints will be given to you in the cutscenes and by phone calls, but there won;t be the old annoying sentences at the bottom of the screen telling you exactly what to do and when to do it.

Finally, what this will allmean is that the game will also have essentially unlimited missions and side-activities - most of which action-packed and related to the mission gameplay and theme of the game - not completely random boring crap like playing tennis with your wife.

That sounds pretty amazing I think. As long as it has 4 or at least 2 player co-op.

There has been something I have always loved about certain games, and that is a game's ability to play with itself. Essentially having a complete open world environment and a random mission generator or some sort of advanced AI algorithms (which now can be done without any updates, just from the cloud) that could change behaviour and random encounters. I really miss the old school all out mayhem of GTA games, really iconic themed missions like you mentioned.

That combined with what the community can do with user created maps or content. Just look at some of the amazing tracks people have made on Trials: Evolution or recreations of Jurassic Park and Megaton in games like Far Cry 2. I want modding, and full game control, but on a console where everything is standardized and easy.

I would love to be sat gunning out of a 'whirly' ordering random NPCs to storm a gang hideout and watch it all as it unfolds, with random variables thrown in, like the chance of hostile peds, backup arriving in any kind of vehicle. Just something that is 100% unique each time.

I just crave pure gameplay, I feel too many games these days have so many restrictions placed upon them and it really ruins the fun you could be having like you used to with cheats playing Goldeneye or Die Hard Trilogy.

• D- Ice and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by D- Ice, 12 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Quite a while back, before GTA IV's release, in one of the GTA wish-list type topics, there was a member called 28RedEyedCrows (or somethinglike that) who wanted a GTA without any missions. I know it sounds crazy, but that's definately something that would be in my perfect game.

It doesn't exactly mean a game without a storyline, without objectives, or even without missions - it just means a game without any specially scripted misisons. Everything that would happen in the game would be programmed into the game engine itself. So everthing that happens in missions - from 'Grand Theft Aero' to 'Phnom Pehn '86', from 'Three Leaf Clover' to the 'Paleto Bay Score' - everything can be reproduced during free-roam gameplay, with a near-infinite number of possible variations each time around.

Also, you won't be guided by the arm through the game, with specific instructions to do X then Y then Z. Your broad objectives would be given to you in cutscenes (which won't just act as little dramatic set-pieces for the storyline), and you will be free to pursue and achieve these objectives as you see fit. Hints will be given to you in the cutscenes and by phone calls, but there won;t be the old annoying sentences at the bottom of the screen telling you exactly what to do and when to do it.

Finally, what this will allmean is that the game will also have essentially unlimited missions and side-activities - most of which action-packed and related to the mission gameplay and theme of the game - not completely random boring crap like playing tennis with your wife.

That sounds pretty amazing I think. As long as it has 4 or at least 2 player co-op.

Definately bro, thinking about it, since the game is going to be far more open with far more possibilities, and with less guidance, somesort of co-op is a must. That way, two or more players can put their heads together in planning a particular approach to an objective, then carry out the plan together.

There has been something I have always loved about certain games, and that is a game's ability to play with itself. Essentially having a complete open world environment and a random mission generator or some sort of advanced AI algorithms (which now can be done without any updates, just from the cloud) that could change behaviour and random encounters. I really miss the old school all out mayhem of GTA games, really iconic themed missions like you mentioned.

I would love to be sat gunning out of a 'whirly' ordering random NPCs to storm a gang hideout and watch it all as it unfolds, with random variables thrown in, like the chance of hostile peds, backup arriving in any kind of vehicle. Just something that is 100% unique each time.

It's good you mention games that can play with themselves. That would definately be something that would arise from the advanced AI and game engine programming. You'd be able to spend hours just walking the streets and seeing all sorts of interesting, action-filled, or just funny interactions between the NPCs. That is always something I loved about GTA when I first started playing the franchise. I used to love hanging out and watching the shootouts and fights between the Leones and Triads in GTA 3, or the cop and criminal/gangster fights in VC. I'd just like to see this added to and improved in the future. Imagine just strolling down a street in a run-down suburb, when a couple of cars screech to a stop and gangsters raid a nearby house being used as a crack den. Or you go over to Burger Shot to buy some food and a suit-wearing hitman suddenly pulls out a sawn-off shotgun and kills some fat old man eating there, only for two guys sitting near him to pull out pistols and shoot it out with the hitman.

Of course, a major part of this all is the ability of the player to manipulate these complex and realistic AI interactions. So with the example of the mission 'Phnom Penh '86,' you could choose to go at it alone with your M60, like somesort of Rambo movie. Or you can use Lance's "friend perk" as a helicopter pilot, to drop you off there. When the chopper comes under fire, as part of the pre-programmed AI, Lance will ask you to choose either for him to fly away and drop you off elsewhere, or to circle the area giving you a chance to pick off the enemies. Alternatively, you can walk into the area, and call the police for a minor crime report. Then you can stand and watch as the police car is riddled with machinegun fire as soon as it enters the area. Unlike previous games, the wanted level system applies to all NPCs too, so the cops will call in back-up, and the whole things will escalate into a major confrontation. The dozens of gangsters will probably repel the police back-up, and so it will probably end up being a barricaded suspect situation with police negotiators, and SWAT teams raiding the place if negotiations fail. All the while you could be hiding in some bushes with a silenced pistol, watching the action up close, while a co-op buddy waits on a rooftop with a sniper rifle. When you get the chance, you can sneak up to retrieve the money while your buddy covers you. Yet another option can be, like you said, to hire mercenaries to storm the place, while you're in a helicopter, covering them with a sniper, or in the middle of the action leading a four-man squad into the fight.

That combined with what the community can do with user created maps or content. Just look at some of the amazing tracks people have made on Trials: Evolution or recreations of Jurassic Park and Megaton in games like Far Cry 2. I want modding, and full game control, but on a console where everything is standardized and easy.

Really great idea, community modifications and constant cloud-based updates to content can each add a completely new dimension to the game, with countless hours of gameplay. I completely agree with you on the need to have a specifically designed framework within the game to make community modding easier. A good example I can think of is the original Operation Flashpoint game, as well as it's Armed Assault sequels, which each come with a good mission editor.

And with the long periods of time between GTA games, it's unlikely that R* will lose sales by having a game which is too good, and which people don't get bored of by the time they release the next title. That strategy IMO is far better than releasing a game every five years, that people finish and start getting bored with within a few months.

I just crave pure gameplay, I feel too many games these days have so many restrictions placed upon them and it really ruins the fun you could be having like you used to with cheats playing Goldeneye or Die Hard Trilogy.

Haha I remember Die Hard Trilogy - was the first game I had, along with Driver. I had countless hours of fun with the cheats and the editor in the Die Hard 2 rail shooter. I so wish I had some of the crazy levels I made on that editor. :pp I went back to playing it recently when my Xbox 360 broke down and was being repaired. I'd absolutely love to see a modern version of the Die Hard 1 third person shooter - the whole concept of being in a skyscraper full of enemies and hostages, and having to clear them out level by level is simple, yet amazing. :inlove:

• Daz likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Here's a few of my ideal game ideas:

A 3rd person survival-action game, like a blend of The Last of Us, Don't Starve and King Kong. It would take place  on a large chain of islands which you can roam freely once you manage to build a raft. The island is inhabited by dinosaurs, which have very developed AI and are as realistic as possible. There is no real objective, other than to survive on a hostile island; at first you will be fishing and scrounging for your next meal, hiding from even small predators but when you learn to master the game, you will be farming and tackling the largest predators. Weapons and tools are crafted, and you will start off with only small spears but will later use makeshift crossbows and such. All aspects of survival will be a factor; food, morale, shelter and disease.

Several historical epics, which would play like a mix of Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption. They depict several different events of the ancient and medieval world in meticulous accuracy. I would love to see game like this set in Turkey set towards the decline of the Ottoman empire; Rebels hiding in the mountains, opium growing feudal warlords, sultans being assassinated, corrupt Janissaries, violent bandits waiting on country roads, insane religious zealots and the legendary Kabadayı, fabled gangster/ vigilantes who would protect their neighborhood with knives and guns. This game would be so cool.

Several realistic and gritty depiction of gang life which would play like a mix of GTA and The Last of Us. I would like to see London, Rio De Janeiro and Cape Towns gang scenes depicted in down to earth realism, no sugar coating the brutality of gang life.

A Warriors style game, where you play as a football hooligan. You could choose the country and team you support and then start of in your local area, you have to steal and fight to get money and build your crew. You then go on a tour of Europe with your team, fighting progressively harder hooligan gangs. You can build and upgrade your crew and perform side missions to  unlock new stuff. It would play like a mix of The Warriors fighting and Manhunts brutality. 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

*massive post*

lol you have exceeded even my own giant post lengths.

I agree on all counts there. One of the reasons I love Fallout 3 and Skyrim so much is the random encounters, and each AI NPC has their own set of rules and will always attempt to protect themselves or their own posessions. I want something along the lines of that, as well as all the crazy random events that happen.

I want a game where even if there is just the same building full of enemies, it can be tackled in  hundreds of ways, not just 2 or 3. And any way you approach it, it will be entirely different. The AI or each enemy type might have different behaviour traits, some running straight at you, some hiding and being a nusiance, and others flanking or using improvised techniques based off the terrain, using explosive barrels, traps, or shooting lights out. (Features you might have in other games but used against you.)

I think a lot of it is fantasy at this point. But my main aim is having a game that is the most replayable game ever created, something that technically has no start, middle or end, it just exists for you to play in.

I hate to always use minecraft as an example but it has no story, no purpose, it just exists, and you can do whatever you want with the game world. I hope we get more games along these lines, sure it has a lot of building based mechanics that is the majority of the fun, but the pure freedom it has for you and others to just mess around in the game world.

For example: Last night I spent what must have been 30 minutes to an hour in GTAV with 2 other friends just sprinting into an electrical box on the side of a house, getting electricuted and falling over and laughing maniacally at the ragdoll effect.

To me that is far more fun than any minigame or activity they have placed in the game. I would love to be able to choose my own fun in a game and not really be penalized if it is now how the game developers wish me to experience their game.

Just like Operation Flashpoint and ArmA. I just want a nice environment, seemingly realistic in terms of a city or battleground. Great vehicle and shooting physics, some co-op. And just having fun with the game world and AI enemies over and over.

I must have at least 1500 hours playing Rainbow Six: Vegas 1+2 in terrorist hunt over the years, it never gets old, the AI is so hilarious and unpredictable that it is never the same thing twice. I want that, but on a grander scale, with vehicles, 4 player co-op and much more options to play with the AI, and for the AI to play with itself.

• D- Ice likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:39 PM Edited by D- Ice, 14 March 2014 - 10:47 PM.

*massive post*

lol you have exceeded even my own giant post lengths.

Lol, I am known to babble on quite a bit, especially on topics I like. I will try to keep it an easier read this time - but not making any promises. :lol:

I agree on all counts there. One of the reasons I love Fallout 3 and Skyrim so much is the random encounters, and each AI NPC has their own set of rules and will always attempt to protect themselves or their own posessions. I want something along the lines of that, as well as all the crazy random events that happen.

I want a game where even if there is just the same building full of enemies, it can be tackled in hundreds of ways, not just 2 or 3. And any way you approach it, it will be entirely different. The AI or each enemy type might have different behaviour traits, some running straight at you, some hiding and being a nusiance, and others flanking or using improvised techniques based off the terrain, using explosive barrels, traps, or shooting lights out. (Features you might have in other games but used against you.)

Can't have said it any better myself, I completely agree, and I've been wanting those very things in GTA for absolutely ages.

Regarding the different enemy types and behaviours - basically different enemy classes - I feel that's something that has never been implemented in GTA, and is something that is sorely needed IMO. GTA has had different NPC programming, including during fighting (E.g. VC FBI fire weapons continuously and with far higher accuracy that police, but you won't notice it until you get them to be armed with pistols), but this has never been as distinguished and relevant as its contemporaries. I was really disappointed when I saw that Saints Row 3 - a GTA rip-off having more enemy classes than any GTA with Brutes and Specialist gangsters, as well as shield-carrying tactical teams.

In GTA's case, I want to see different behaviours for different types of NPCs. In a shoot-out, street gangsters like Ballas and OGF should flee easily, and fight with little-to-no tactics and as individuals. Hitmen fight with far more skill, and try to get as close to you as possible before taking out their sawn-offs or SMGs to gun you down. Police should not just charge your position - it is getting rather riduculous that to this day cops in GTA act as lemming shock-troops who charge at you to shoot with their pistols regardless of how big the pile of dead cops doing the exact same as them is. They should hold back, call for back up and set up perimeters - leaving dangerous attacks to tactical teams/SWAT. SWAT should start to fight in four-man squads/entry teams using realistic tactics. Mercenaries, militia and other tacically-trained criminal groups should fight in similar tactical squads, but unlike SWAT, be concerned less about collateral damage. They would fire on full auto in your general direction, even without clear line-of-sight, to suppress you or out of fear. Ideological zealots like terrorists or other groups with an extremist belief system should be the only ones who will charge at you without fear like current GTA AI.

I'm completely with you on having hundreds of different ways to tackle the same objective. I think the best way it to have it based on complex AI algorithms and interactions between the AI, like you said (game playing with itself). I really don;t want a game like Hitman where there are many different ways to assassinate your target, but they are all pre-programmed paths that you have to find. While it does make for a great game, it does limit the possible ways to go about your objective, and you have to choose on of several methods the developers designed for you.

I think a lot of it is fantasy at this point. But my main aim is having a game that is the most replayable game ever created, something that technically has no start, middle or end, it just exists for you to play in.

I hate to always use minecraft as an example but it has no story, no purpose, it just exists, and you can do whatever you want with the game world. I hope we get more games along these lines, sure it has a lot of building based mechanics that is the majority of the fun, but the pure freedom it has for you and others to just mess around in the game world.

That's the exact direct I want GTA to start heading in. Of course there should be missions and introductory levels to teach you about the game mechanics, but most of the game should be based on your freely playing and exploring the complex game engine and AI.

In my dream GTA, you start off as an exiled criminal arriving in a new city in a new country. Your aim is to rise to the top no matter what. Storyline missions should each act as an introduction to a new aspect of complex game engine. So one mission can introduce you to making money from selling drugs on street corners, which becomes n available side-mission afterwards. Another to working in a crack den or drugs lab, then onto transporting drugs from wholesellers to the drug den - each of these also becoming side-activities afterwards. Then when you make enough money, a mission can get you to set up your own crack den and learn to run it. Then the game will teach you about defending it from rival gang attacks or retaliating after they burn it down or something.

For example: Last night I spent what must have been 30 minutes to an hour in GTAV with 2 other friends just sprinting into an electrical box on the side of a house, getting electricuted and falling over and laughing maniacally at the ragdoll effect.

Haha never knew about that before in GTA V. I've gotta try it now. Is it only in a special location, or do all electric boxes do the same?

To me that is far more fun than any minigame or activity they have placed in the game. I would love to be able to choose my own fun in a game and not really be penalized if it is now how the game developers wish me to experience their game.

Just like Operation Flashpoint and ArmA. I just want a nice environment, seemingly realistic in terms of a city or battleground. Great vehicle and shooting physics, some co-op. And just having fun with the game world and AI enemies over and over.

Quoted for truth. I can't agree with you any more on that mate.

I must have at least 1500 hours playing Rainbow Six: Vegas 1+2 in terrorist hunt over the years, it never gets old, the AI is so hilarious and unpredictable that it is never the same thing twice. I want that, but on a grander scale, with vehicles, 4 player co-op and much more options to play with the AI, and for the AI to play with itself.

You know I actually dismissed Rainbow Six Vegas 2 pretty quickly after buying it,and I ended up selling it back to Game. I never really played much of the Terrorist Hunts as I obsessively go for the hardest difficulty, where I end up finding it impossible killing more than a couple of terrorists or so. What you say sounds really cool, Imight try to buy it again just for the terrorist hunt AI (but I'll play it on easier difficulty this time). :pp

EDIT: Oh crap, major textual verbal diarrhoea from me again. Sorry mate. :pp

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Vegas 1 was actually free for gold members a few months back, shame you didn't grab it, but Vegas 2 has a better ranking up system and is slightly more refined, though I miss the old classic vegas maps from the first, but it is best played with at least one other friend. There is nothing more fun than playing it with mates. Just like in this video, totally shows how many laughs you can have with it:

As for that GTA electrical box location, here is a pic from us f*cking with it, and click the icon to show the location: http://rsg.ms/PE11xl

One thing I wanted from GTAIV before it came out was like you said, different enemy types with their own AI and combat systems and weapons. For example fighting a random civilian either in a story mission or maybe if you were robbing their home (like they promised us but we never got it) they would not have the tactics to take cover and the weaponry would only really be civilian based stuff so maybe a revolver or older pistol, pump shotgun or even older weapons like the lever action from san andreas. Gangsters and thugs having less skill but more aggressive and might rush you or make stupid choices and get themselves killed, and using more illegal type weapons, mostly AKs, MAC-10s, desert eagles etc that would appeal to criminals. Cops use more tactics but hold back in cover more using pistols and shotguns and the occasional rifle. Then swat teams managing to flank and advance on you, use flashbangs and surprise tactics with better weaponry such as tactical SMGS and Rifles, and some sniper units set up on rooftops after rappeling off of choppers. Then FBI and Military having more armor, lethal explosives and armored vehicles. I mostly just wanted a difference between the weapons and tactics used between civvies, gangs and police. And to notice it easily. I don't really want to kill a granny wielding a high tech machine gun, however funny that might be.

Unrelated, I knew about the macho man mod, but not this one, f*cking pissed myself.

Mods are the best thing ever. I wish I had more patience to mess with them.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 15 March 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Awhile back I thought about a game where it's basically The Sims meets GTA. You can choose any job you want. You are responsible for getting to your job. You have to pay bills. Cars can run out of gas. You can manage your character's life any way you want. You can go into any building at any time.You could build a house. Buy anything you want. You name it. You can do it in real life you can do it in-game. Photo-realistic graphics. The whole nine.

The map would be a 1:1 recreation of the U.S. Travel to any destination at anytime.

Fun facts about this game that will never happen:

- A system with minimum 200 GB of RAM

- Download only off PSN,XBL and Steam ( 5 TB of data ) Minimum 3-5 months to download.

- Minimum 10 years, 3,000 programmers, $800 million to create.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

A good, well made Homeworld 3.

The first two were f*cking ace games.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Awhile back I thought about a game where it's basically The Sims meets GTA. You can choose any job you want. You are responsible for getting to your job. You have to pay bills. Cars can run out of gas. You can manage your character's life any way you want. You can go into any building at any time.You could build a house. Buy anything you want. You name it. You can do it in real life you can do it in-game. Photo-realistic graphics. The whole nine.

The map would be a 1:1 recreation of the U.S. Travel to any destination at anytime.

- Download only off PSN,XBL and Steam ( 5 TB of data ) Minimum 3-5 months to download.

*Insert picture of Fry*

Can't tell if is taking the piss or is a mental person.

That literally sounds like the worst thing in the world and games need to f*cking stop trying to emulate real life, unless it is a shagging simulator, at least then it can be understandable.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:35 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 16 March 2014 - 02:38 AM.

- CryEngine 4 Graphics
- Dead Rising 3 Zombie Count x10
- Skyrim type quest/mission system
- Minecraft style crafting
- Map set in the entire USA or or entire Japan
- 100s of weapons
- 1000s of customization options

I would play until I die. :p

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by LilMcJohn, 16 March 2014 - 02:46 AM.

My dream of being a game developer will become true one day. The game I want to create would be called Kingdoms. Its basically an open world rpg where you could create your character and he/she will be born in one of the 10 kingdoms on their world; You would have a chance to completely tell your own story starting from a child and each game year you would age until you grew into your old self. Their would be a feature of cutting off aging all together though. You could also travel through the kingdoms by boats, horse, carriages you name it. The kingdoms would have wars with each other in real time and they could either make a truce or completely wipe one side out. Their would also be a Job and family system where you could live in one of the kingdoms for the rest of your life taking care of your family, watching them grow older and maybe when you die you could take control of your son/daughter and live their life. The jobs would be the jobs you know like Blacksmith, Bounty Hunting, Colosseum fighting you name it. You could also join guilds like Thieves, Warrior, Assassins, and even become the leaders of them. You could spread out your territory and build more bases for your guild to do missions for you to gain money. You could also join one of the kingdoms armies and fight in the major battles gaining your rank to even becoming general. You might even become king if the people love you. Once you're king you could attack any kingdom that you don't care for and even particpate in the war. You also make major political decisions for example starving your people in favor of wealth or even changes to your kingdoms look.

I really want to make this game one day and even add more to it so yeah this is my perfect game.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:56 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 16 March 2014 - 02:57 AM.

*Insert picture of Fry*

Can't tell if is taking the piss or is a mental person.

That literally sounds like the worst thing in the world and games need to f*cking stop trying to emulate real life, unless it is a shagging simulator, at least then it can be understandable.

When I wrote "Awhile back" I should have specified that it was over 10 years ago I had this thought.(younger me ) And no way in hell a developer/publisher would make a mainstream game based on all those intricate details in today's market. And as they say one man's trash is treasure to someone else.

• Daz likes this

Fu11Force
  • Fu11Force

Corrupt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by Fu11Force, 16 March 2014 - 11:58 PM.

- Variety of missions and endless sidequests

- Fun, addictive gameplay

- Interesting story with memorable characters that fit like puzzle pieces

- You could play as the same protagonist for the game, but during missions it'd be cool to switch up between characters like in GTA V. (ex. you have to fight off a wave of enemies before you're evcacuated. You could speed up the time by being able to switch to the rescue person)

- Big, open world map

- Cool unlocks after finishing the game, such as a new set of missions.

- You could stealth or assault, depending on your choice

- Multiplayer be on a seperate disk, so the graphics for both the base game and multiplayer will be good and there will be more things to offer

- Be able to replay any missions

- Variety of game modes for multiplayer

- No difficulty.

- Be able to carry ALL your guns/weapons (I loved this in GTA V)
- Lots of character customisation and clothes!

- Good graphics

- I do not want a realistic game in which your car runs out of gas or speeding will make the cops run after you. That's sacrificing the fun from the game.

- A garage that you could store as much cars as you want (or multiple garages that allow you to store a great amount)

- There will be organisations you could join, and the organisations all have different peersonalities

- Good guy or bad guy

- You can climb buildings and jump from building to building

- You can have a skateboard so you don't have to run all the time when you can't find a car

- Varities of guns

- Varities of vechicles

- You have thermial vision, night vision, a snake cam, other spy gadgets

- Interactive environment

- Rob houses and businesses and be a one-man army

I wrote this having an open-world, third person game in mind.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

There is another (small) thing I would like to mention is realistic elevators, there is nothing breaks immersion more for me than a loading screen or a teleporter for an elevator, I know it's a small thing but it really annoys me for some reason, probably because developers like to make game worlds realistic and immersive yet they can't master something as simple as a lift.

• Miamivicecity likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by Daz, 17 March 2014 - 11:04 AM.

Really it boils down to just two easy to make games.

Either a Fallout game mixed with the engine and updates from Skyrim, essentially just a Fallout or Firearm based mod for Skyrim possibly in a different map.

Or Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 with updated with new assets such as new maps, weapons, and clothing. With almost no changes to the game whatsoever, asside from maybe making weapon switching faster, fully mappable control schemes and adding a melee option to rifle butt/punch/kick.

evd
  • evd

Born in coffin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by evd, 11 April 2014 - 12:23 AM.

-Rockstar style open-world game

-Feudal Japan era

-one character, samurai during daylight hours, ninja at night.

-skill development, weapons and cloths heavy cusotmization, hiring clan members

-hunting

-picturesque level design

-load of weapons

-no magic

-stealing, assassinations

-horses

-different fighting styles

-masks and sword creator

-Red Dead Redemption 2 (prequel)

-more mysterious, inspired by Edgar Alan Poe

-hidden mystery focusing around Lovecrafts Mythology

-sea migrations between wild west and spooky northern city (plus a hilly countryside with a gloomy taiga)

-Red Dead Redemption 2 (sequel)

-moving set&setting into late 50' XX

-Sandy Shores' mentality, heavy drug addicts

-manhunt level brutality

-horses and cars

-using oponent as a shield, and dragging corpses aswell

-usable trunks in cars for corpses disposal

-oldschool cyberpunk theme

-everything what was good in V 

-again deep cusmization of weapons, characters and vehicles

-story inspired by william Gibson and Philip K. Dick books

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. quasi-continuation 

-cooperation between fathers of stalker and rockstar

-coop story for 12 players

-custo... you know what.

-creating a base, hiring crew such as bartender, gun trader, mechanic, security etc.

-setting self-designed traps

-base attacks

-destroyable environment such as walls, fences.

-cutting holes in fences

-rpg-style limited inventory

And that would be quite all I think. As you can see, Im a huge fan of Rockstar's games mechanics but also of their taste of art, so I dont really mind if they had a monopoly on games :)

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

Gears of War 2 with Gears 3's matchmaking. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

• Open world sand-box with a mix of quality & quantity
  • A balanced car list with classics and grand tourers (typically the most left out types of cars)
  • Enjoyable driving physics that don't necessarily need to be realistic, just fun enough to provide fun steering feedback and off-roading capabilities for sport utility vehicles
  • Customization of all sorts
  • A fun economy
  • A storyline that builds and gains excitement throughout
  • More focus on fun than complexity or trying too hard to be innovative

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

a fighting game with action movie stars like Jackie Chan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more, and when you choose your player you can change costume to any of their movie characters and they have different fighting moves depending on which one you pick, also a james bond character where his costumes are the different bonds from all the movies.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

I don't know why we're choosing gameplay mechanics from certain games. If it was a perfect game, the mechanics should be like no other.

UrbanAdventuring
  • UrbanAdventuring

Map Specialist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:32 AM Edited by UrbanAdventuring, 20 April 2014 - 02:39 AM.

Mine would be somewhere in between San Andreas, Bully, Majora's Mask, Fable III, and Skyrim.

• RPG elements - improve your character as you play.
  • Player customization.
  • Many places to explore, and have treasures worth your exploration time
  • NPCs with an actual story and personality.
  • Alternate storylines done well (see Majora's Mask).
  • Lots of character abilities - flying, moving fast, smashing and throwing things.
  • Good aiming and precise controls.
  • An interesting setting with a wide variety of weather and seasons.
  • A sense that the world was there before you started playing, and will be there after you quit.
  • Doing something that you normally don't do in video games, like going to class, doing a regular job for money, rolling like a rock, shouting at townspeople and watching them fly, shooting prostitutes, etc.
  • Mix some sim game elements into the game, like Act Raiser or Fable games.  It's my game, I want to own everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users