Photo

Help me buy a laptop

11 replies to this topic
jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

So my sh*tty Acer Aspire 5315 has finally broken when I've expected to buy a new laptop and I've called my parents and they said they're gonna give me about 550-600$. Tell me what gaming laptop I should buy with this cash, the best option I have atm, hopefully that runs newest games too.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

I believe we are from the same country (correct me if I'm wrong). You can have a look here then: http://www.pcgarage....00-pana-la-2600

Prices in other countries differ so it's best to look for laptops in your own country. That website is a good place to start.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yeah we're both Romanians. I've had some recommandations off that site, I am not sure if it's legit and such.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

So which ond would be the best from that list, for gaming? Keep in mind that it should not exceed 2000 RON.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 09 March 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Yeah we're both Romanians. I've had some recommandations off that site, I am not sure if it's legit and such.

It's definitely legit and they have some of the best prices around.

I would either go for this or this. I'm kinda leaning towards the second one but I think the GPU might be somewhat faster on the first one.

Edit: Shipping should be free.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

My project has been to build a Republic of Gamer Asus laptop from eBay parts, for $400 to $600 you can easily buy a G73 used, the latest model G75 I saw at Microcenter for $2600 USD, these are respectable machines mind you, even used, and dated over a year, you can have a nVidia Fermi based card running the graphics, with a Gig or more of video Ram, multiple DDR3 slots and Core i7 power.

I found a smaller 15 inch G53 is also available that uses the larger nVidia cards that only fit the second generational G73. (Nehalem I7 first introduced with this model Asus). If you look into G73 Asus, the video GPU is etched and soldered to the mainboard, so there's no upgrading that option!

Lol wut. O.o

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

I can't buy off ebay because the shipment is gonna cost a lot of cash so I can't afford that.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

eBay shipment is free on many items, it could depend solely on your location, but I would never assume so. Read the fine print for sellers, and go with the sellers who meet your requirements, shop their stores, and if you do good biz, you can of course do business again with the same sellers, it's one of the benefits of eBay because they appreciate repeat business

Francis Underwood
  • Francis Underwood

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

Gaming laptop for $500?

That is called a console.

You could build a better desktop for that price than you will ever get in a laptop. Unless you buy one of those overpiced gaming laptops that always end up having heat issues, and are usually well over $1000. Laptops cannot handle long periods of gaming... there is not enough room for heat circulation and ventilation. Any choice you make for that price will last just as long as your last one, before it cannot handle the heat and constant usage anymore. and your laptop died because it wasover 7 years old....

What games were you playing? Minecraft?

Seriously, if you want a gaming pc, build a pc. If you want a laptop, don't expect anything different from other laptops that are the same price just because they have the word "gaming" on it.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

for $500, there will be no dedicated graphics card, which makes having an i7 or i5 almost useless for games. gl in your search but be prepared to find alot of sh*t that suckers in people who don't know what they need for a gaming rig.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

Samsung ATIV books are great multi-use laptops. You're not going to be playing Crysis on them, but you'll be able to play relatively low end games (Minecraft with a 128x texture pack, for example) with no lag. They've got great speakers integrated into them, and they're light and durable. I got mine for just under 500 a few months ago and haven't had any problems. It does, however, have an integrated graphics card, so you won't be upgrading.

GtaFiveLs
  • GtaFiveLs

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

Bro never buy a asus laptop..

Hp is one of the best imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users