Quantcast

» «
Photo

Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes from radar screens!

542 replies to this topic
Samuel Howitzer
  • Samuel Howitzer

Son of Jack Howitzer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Lets hope the worst hasn't happened.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

If it was indeed a (terrorist) attack, why target this particular flight? And why do so above open waters, severely limiting the "exposure" of the attack. Did "they" target specific individual(s) onboard and were the rest just collateral damage? Was this a test run for a more/bigger attacks? Were MSS (Chinese intelligence) aware of a possible threat, if so how did this slip through the cracks? Is this connected to one of the groups behind the recent attacks in China?

A lot of questions that need to be asked and answered if this does indeed turn out to be a (terrorist) attack. 

Horrible either way. Though it is wishful thinking at this point I still hope everybody made it out alive.

• Verdant, Witchking Of Angmar and Android like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by Audiophile, 09 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

@Hodgey

Pretty much. I've watched quite a few documentaries on plane crashes and something one lady had to say still remains in my mind.

She was with her elderly mother on a British Airways flight to New Zealand (or was it Perth, Australia?) and all four engines failed. The aircraft was just gliding at this point, I believe. There was also smoke in the cabin and the oxygen masks had deployed. 

Anyway, she said that most of the passengers started to panic but she pretty much knew it wouldn't do any good to her and all she could think of at that point was what would be the easiest and least painful death. She said she came to the conclusion that she would rather the plane just crash into a mountain and have it over with quickly. Rather than crashing in the ocean - just to get eaten by sharks, burned alive, choked by the smoke, have the aircraft break apart in the air etc. 

That must be absolutely horrible, to even have to think about that and reconcile the fact that you're going to die, you're about to die, and it may not even be a quick death. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 09 March 2014 - 06:07 PM.

If it was indeed a (terrorist) attack, why target this particular flight? And why do so above open waters, severely limiting the "exposure" of the attack. Did "they" target specific individual(s) onboard and were the rest just collateral damage? Was this a test run for a more/bigger attacks? Were MSS (Chinese intelligence) aware of a possible threat, if so how did this slip through the cracks? Is this connected to one of the groups behind the recent attacks in China?

A lot of questions that need to be asked and answered if this does indeed turn out to be a (terrorist) attack. 

Horrible either way. Though it is wishful thinking at this point I still hope everybody made it out alive.

Nobody has either claimed the responsability for the "attack".

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Nobody has either claimed the responsability for the "attack".

If it was indeed an attack, not claiming responsibility would make sense if it was a test run. Wouldn't want to give anybody a heads-up and the opportunity to foil their future attack(s).

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

right now the most popular theory is that this was flight was testing-grounds for a new IED.

like terrorists were trying out their newest bomb, getting it past security, preparing it for attacks against Western airports.

maybe they finally succeeded where the Underwear Bomber failed.

That's a chilling thought. It makes me feel better to think that the plane crashed and everyone on board died in agony. That's how scary I find that theory.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

If it was indeed a (terrorist) attack, why target this particular flight? 

Just to test out their new weapons. That's if this was a terrorist attack.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by Raavi, 09 March 2014 - 07:00 PM.

That's not what I meant. Why target flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, what is the significance of this particular flight and/or airport? 

On another note, considering a 10km kerosine trail was found could it be they got hijacked and dumped the kerosine to avert an even bigger attack (on Beijing)? 

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by Mr Oraange, 10 March 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Me think what Raavi means is not why the terrorists did it, but why did they choose this Malaysian Airlines flight? 

Was it the 19 artists returning home from a Malaysian art exhibit?

​Was it the 20 employees from an Austin, Texas-based company?

​Then again, it could just be a flight some group chose from a random selection.

• Raavi likes this

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

I'll be back...

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 09 March 2014 - 07:21 PM.

That's not what I meant. Why target flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, what is the significance of this particular flight and/or airport? 

If it is a terrorist attack, then the plane was targeted because an attack on that plane is not as expected as with other flights. An American flight is a more likely target, whilst a Malaysian flight is not expected to be a target of an attack. This is why it was targeted (if it is an attack). If it's a terrorist attack, then it's probably a test, so the target can be anyone. The terrorist's real enemy (probably 'Murica) can be attacked later if the terrorists know that their bomb can do its job.

@Above Yeah, just realised.  I misread his post. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

I'm confused... a terrorist attack inside the plane? b/c if not how high were they flying and what weapons would reach a commercial flight at 30-50,000 feet?

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

The plane seemed to have diverted it's course before falling off of the radar. Might have been a failed hijacking.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:52 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 09 March 2014 - 11:54 PM.

That's a chilling thought. It makes me feel better to think that the plane crashed and everyone on board died in agony. That's how scary I find that theory.

okay that would make sense... but good luck getting it on any flight here in 'Murica.

buncha f*ckin cowards.

edit* not sure why I quoted you I meant to quote the quote you quoted... im drunk...

EgyptianStar
  • EgyptianStar

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

The plane seemed to have diverted it's course before falling off of the radar. Might have been a failed hijacking.

On another note, considering a 10km kerosine trail was found could it be they got hijacked and dumped the kerosine to avert an even bigger attack (on Beijing)? 

Most likely a test of how to bypass moderate security in a major Asian Transportation hub. Which would be replicated on a different continent.  If it was hijacked it wouldn't explain the sudden loss of communications. Pilots have some methods of relying a message of distress. Although the transition to Vietnamese airspace might explain the gap in communications. At this point it's all theories.     

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:43 AM Edited by Irviding, 10 March 2014 - 12:48 AM.

probably irrelevant... no VIPs were on this flight from my understanding. most likely it was just opportunity.

as for the passport stuff, i believe someone mentioned it but that doesn't necessarily mean terrorist attack. travel documents in asia are forged and stolen incredibly often. though it does add to the possible evidence that it was an attack. especially since there is news that the tickets of the people with the stolen passports were bought consecutively 

just read also that the passports were in the INTERPOL database listed as stolen... not shocking though considering malaysian airports probably aren't bothering with interpol stuff. 

• Raavi likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by Raavi, 10 March 2014 - 01:55 AM.

probably irrelevant... no VIPs were on this flight from my understanding. most likely it was just opportunity.

as for the passport stuff, i believe someone mentioned it but that doesn't necessarily mean terrorist attack. travel documents in asia are forged and stolen incredibly often. though it does add to the possible evidence that it was an attack. especially since there is news that the tickets of the people with the stolen passports were bought consecutively 

just read also that the passports were in the INTERPOL database listed as stolen... not shocking though considering malaysian airports probably aren't bothering with interpol stuff. 

Seems likely, aside from 20 Malaysian and Chinese nationals working for a Texas-based semiconductor company and 24 Chinese calligraphers, there is nothing worth noting on the passenger manifest.

On another note, allegedly 5 people checked in but never boarded. Why? Also the two with the stolen passports were set to go to Amsterdam, but why fly through Beijing when there are plenty direct flights from KL to AMS. 

If this does turn out to be a terrorist attack and an act of opportunity, Malaysian airport officials will have a lot of explaining to do. How can stolen passports fly under the radar that easily, what happened to prudence and due diligence? Yes, I am aware airport security in some parts of Southeast Asia is infamous for being less than formidable, but still. Passports checks are literally only a matter of running a name through a database and matching the information on the screen with the person in front of you. It's not rocket science.

• Bull12345Bull, Vercetti42 and EphemeralStar like this

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Maybe they hit a wormhole and got blasted to a different point in time and space.

Have you seen The Langoliers, i saw it years ago, the plot is basically what you said plane flies through wormhole and lands at a deserted airport, where everything is from a different timestream compared to the one the plane came from for example food and beer in the airport tastes awful until they bring in onto the plane where after a while it tastes better than it did in the airport, read more here.

http://en.wikipedia....(TV_miniseries)

Has anything been said about the failure to check the stolen passports database, the airport like many airports most likely has one person doing several jobs at once when they should just have one person at the stolen passports database computer at all times, that way people with stolen passports won't be able to sneak onto planes.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 March 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Malaysia’s civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman is giving another news conference in Kuala Lumpa. He confirmed that the search area is being increased and that the operation is being “intensified”. Investigators have examined the CCTV footage of passengers boarding the plane, and said all the security procedures were complied with. The men travelling on stolen passports “were not Asian looking”, Rahman said.

Update.

Here is exactly what Rahman said about the appearance of the passengers on the stolen passports. “It is confirmed now that they are not Asian looking men,” he said. A reporter asked Rahman to say “roughly” what they looked like. He replied “Do you know a footballer by the name of Balotelli [using an approximate pronunciation of the name]”. Reporters shouted the the name Balotelli, pronouncing the name footballer’s name correctly. Rahman corrected his initially pronunciation, and said: “Balotelli, yes”. He added that the nationality of the men could not be confirmed.

Source.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

to me everything points to terrorism.

two stolen passports used to board the plane [useless immigration]

the fact that no distress call was put out, nothing. just sudden silence. if there was a problem with the aircraft and warnings showed, the pilot would radio something in 

most interesting thing i read was that it disappeared when the plane leveled off. which means if this was terrorism, the blokes who blew them selves up waited until seat belt sign was off, and waited until it was clear enough to get into position  [the door to the cockpit and between both plane wings] without alarming the stewardesses.

one thing is, if it was a bomb, wheres the debris, it should be scattered everywhere. all they found is a door.

suspectd-debris-1-522x293.jpg

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by Vlynor, 10 March 2014 - 05:03 PM.

one thing is, if it was a bomb, wheres the debris, it should be scattered everywhere. all they found is a door.

suspectd-debris-1-522x293.jpg

The debris, at 35,000 feet, might be scattered. If the plane was moving and blew up, it would break up in some areas, so it wouldn't all be in one spot. If it was just a crash, I believe the pieces would be much more concentrated.

But don't take my word for it.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by Raavi, 10 March 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Even the door turns out to be nothing, ships searching the area could not locate it. Same goes for the oil slicks, they also turned out to be not from the aircraft. So, so far nothing has been recovered. The only thing you now have to go on is the two non-asian looking with the stolen passports and the fact that the aircraft made a turn just prior to vanishing off the radar.

• poklane likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I wonder if this wasn't a terrorist attack at all, or even a crash. Maybe it was like TWA 800. 

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

New Chinese ADIZ we didn't know about?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

The debris, at 35,000 feet, might be scattered. If the plane was moving and blew up, it would break up in some areas, so it wouldn't all be in one spot. If it was just a crash, I believe the pieces would be much more concentrated.

If the aircraft blew up in the air, yes, debris would be scattered over a widespread area but the scattering of debris over a widespread area would only aid in the search given how many vessels and aircraft are searching the area. 

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

i came across this:

http://www.telegraph...lines-live.html

it gets more freaky:

According to China.org.cn reporter Zhang Rui, 19 families signed a joint statement requesting Malaysian Airlines to disclose the truth to them, and explain why they could get through to their family members’ cell phones but they could not hear anything and the calls hung up.

another theory is like this: 

the pilots are north Korean. they turned off all data communicating device on the plan. in the luggage hull theres a mobile phone jammer. explaining why calls are connected but then cut off. the plane was taken to north korea. where all passengers are kept as hostages.

either that or aliens. i'm at ends.

didn't TWA 800 have debris scattered?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by AceKingston, 10 March 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Seems likely, aside from 20 Malaysian and Chinese nationals working for a Texas-based semiconductor company and 24 Chinese calligraphers, there is nothing worth noting on the passenger manifest.

On another note, allegedly 5 people checked in but never boarded. Why? Also the two with the stolen passports were set to go to Amsterdam, but why fly through Beijing when there are plenty direct flights from KL to AMS.

I know this sounds wild but maybe the supposed terrorists on the plane might have been planning to either crash the plane in Amsterdan or cause a terror attack in Amsterdan. What bugs me is the stolen passports. Why would someone want to steal a passport? Isn't that a terrorist kind of thing?

And according the pilot's colleagues, he knew everything about the Boeing 777. He was basically an expert at that particular plane, it does not rule out a crash but it does slightly lessen the chances of it.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:40 PM Edited by Raavi, 10 March 2014 - 05:46 PM.

I know this sounds wild but maybe the supposed terrorists on the plane might have been planning to either crash the plane in Amsterdan or cause a terror attack in Amsterdan. What bugs me is the stolen passports. Why would someone want to steal a passport? Isn't that a terrorist kind of thing?

And according the pilot's colleagues, he knew everything about the Boeing 777. He was basically an expert at that particular plane, it does not rule out a crash but it does slightly lessen the chances of it.

I believe the plane didn't have nearly enough fuel to reach Amsterdam, terrorist attack on Beijing would make more sense in the context of the influx in attacks in Mainland China these past few months.

More information: The tickets were booked via an Iranian middleman named "Mr Ali", and initially the two with the false passports were booked on two different flights (Etihad Airways and Qatar airways) to Europe. But they never made it onto that flight and the tickets expired, the new tickets on the missing airline were paid for in cash by a friend of "Mr Ali". 

Manfred Von Karma
  • Manfred Von Karma

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by Manfred Von Karma, 10 March 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Update:

Hong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

This must be it ...

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by poklane, 10 March 2014 - 06:20 PM.

Why would you wanna attack Amsterdam? I see no reason to attack that city besides it being the capital of The Netherlands. If there's going to be an attack in The Netherlands any time soon (or an attempt), it will probably be at the Nuclear Security Summit at the end of this month.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Raavi, 10 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Indeed, the city really doesn't bear any significance on an international level. The only target that would make sense in the Netherlands is The Hague with all international entities (ICC, ICJ, NATO NCI, OPCW) based there. However they were on a flight to BJS, an airport where their passports would've been checked and were their journey would've ended, they would've never made it to AMS from BJS. 

In two weeks however The Hague is the host city of the 2014 Nuclear Security Summit.

• poklane likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users