Photo

Tips for Newbies in the DYOM Forums.

11 replies to this topic
Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by Target13Productions, 07 March 2014 - 09:47 PM.

Dp75T5w.png

Hello Everyone!

I noticed some new members around these forums & thought i would show them how to behave around here. :santa:

Now listen, most of the stuff i'm going to say that you SHOULDN'T do. I Did myself when i was new. But looking at

more respected members around here, i learned and thought i should write this guide.

This is not a DYOM tutorial but just a guide of how to be a respected in the DYOM Forums.

Also NOTE: I'm saying i'm perfect. I might be one of the most annoying members on this forum.

But i do know how to behave around here. and if you disagree with any tip below or even want

to add your own tip, then just leave a post!  :)

TIPS

(Show spoiler to expand post.)

Spoiler

• AlexanderS4 likes this

Green-chicken
  • Green-chicken

Time to chew bubble gum and kick-ass !

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

And add not to disrespect moderators or admins or any staff.
Btw its a great tut :-D

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

Lol nice tips, Unfortunately most of those should be common sense, but people still do those things.

There are probably a dozen more that could be added, but I don't know lot of them on the top of my head :p.

One of the ones that is not very common, but I did it once, is not to advertise your missions or mission pack in someone else's thread.

Example : Hey! Nice job, on the mission pack, but can you check out my missions at this link.."

Designer's lounge is a good place for that. It is just kind of disrespectful a bit, and kind of pushes some people away, if you advertise your MP in another person's Mission pack thread.

Like I said, I haven't seen it done in awhile, or I haven't bothered to look for it.

If you want something more important is to not create threads just to ask a question that can be solved in 1 or 2 replies.

Example:

DYOM user creates a thread

"How do I add animations to actors and players?"- as the topic

Post- So I was wondering how to make an animation for a player and an actor!? Please help!

Lounge and tutorial guides for that. :p

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but this could of been posted in here.

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Martin_GDF, 08 March 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Em... well, in part I agree with you with this post, but believe that some who are new will still doing those things of the list, including me hahaha xD

But... I see your point, there are some kind of people that use common sense to write in the forums; some of the tips that you mentioned in that list are annoying but that doesn't means that no one could express himself as he knows, maybe they are from somewhere else or they're new in forum websites. DYOM don't need to be just like school, if you want to express yourself like that, you can do it but also avoid the critics and that kind of things, you understand what I'm saying?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do this list, cause it's really nice and it shows what kind of things make some people annoyed. But take care of that, because nobody is perfect :p

And another thing I forgot... for example: I reply every post that someone makes in my topic cause I like to thank people for playing, I appreciate it :p Cause there are people that thinks "Oh, I played the whole mission pack, and he doesn't even read my critics, I putted 5 stars in every mission and he didn't care? f*ck it!" that's why I reply in every post :p

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Only read a little bit of these, good points, but the format needs to be improved, looks messy and I got lost.

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

U Can't See me!!!

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

Nice guide T13 you show great points for newbies in the forums :)

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:35 AM Edited by StuntmanDYOM, 20 March 2014 - 06:38 AM.

"Post in English only"

these italians/spanish/Brazilians never learn, almost all of the missions on gtagames are not in english. and that's goddamn annoying. 

and the worst part is that their mission name is english.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Only read a little bit of these, good points, but the format needs to be improved, looks messy and I got lost.

Actually everything was more organized & the thread looked better.

But there was a limit of quotes :/   

Chips237
  • Chips237

Father Jirachi

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

"Post in English only"

these italians/spanish/Brazilians never learn, almost all of the missions on gtagames are not in english. and that's goddamn annoying. 

Racist.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

And add not to disrespect moderators or admins or any staff.
Btw its a great tut :-D

Not only admins or staff, don't disrespect anyone.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

"Post in English only"

Racist.

It is an English forum. And language and race are completely different, so this is not racist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users