If San Fierro is added to Online in the future

191 replies to this topic
southernsontn
  • southernsontn

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

This said: We don't know this until Rockstar releases it; so I don't think we need to discuss the topic of different lobbies any further. :) However: i look forward to read more about possible Las Venturas, San Fierro and other DLC :D so let's go find some evidence :)

Well, once I find some more info, I'll post it right away...

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:49 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 16 March 2014 - 06:56 AM.

This said: We don't know this until Rockstar releases it; so I don't think we need to discuss the topic of different lobbies any further. :) However: i look forward to read more about possible Las Venturas, San Fierro and other DLC :D so let's go find some evidence :)

Well, once I find some more info, I'll post it right away...

Yeah that is true :) same here :p

I think that when they create a bridge between Northern San Andreas and Southern San andreas there is finally a meaning to drive out of Los Santos.

In San Andreas you drove out of the city; drove through country side, and arrived at another city. I really miss this feeling in GTA Online and GTA V.

This is why I think that a Northern San Andreas would be epic; this will finally bring back this feeling; which I missed.

Edit:

I think that a possible solution to hardware limitations is this: you see a small cutscene where you see yourself drive/walk fly over the bridge/sea; (just a few seconds) and then you get the steering wheel again. 

However; I hope that you can just drive yourself; because a cutscene would take me out of that feeling :) but it's better than a whole new loading screen...

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:57 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 16 March 2014 - 08:57 AM.

I want las Venturas ! f*ck San ferro (sorry) but driving thru the desert into vegas was the most epic moment I had in SA

EDIT: Flying into Vegas

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

I want las Venturas ! f*ck San ferro (sorry) but driving thru the desert into vegas was the most epic moment I had in SA

c7NJRa2.gif

• theGTAking101 and ¥en like this

¥en
  • ¥en

The North Forgets

• Premium
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 16 March 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Of the 3D universe renditions I personally preferred Las Venturas over San Fierro too. Right now though, I feel like San Fierro has more possibilities to explore; so long as Las Venturas has the strip the rest of it will take care of itself.

Edit:

I think that a possible solution to hardware limitations is this: you see a small cutscene where you see yourself drive/walk fly over the bridge/sea; (just a few seconds) and then you get the steering wheel again. 

However; I hope that you can just drive yourself; because a cutscene would take me out of that feeling :) but it's better than a whole new loading screen...

Unfortunately the maps will definitely be segregated even if they are connected by bridges. You'll just hit a point on the bridge, loading screen and then new map. Or take a plane from the Airport, take off, loading screen and then landing at another airport. A loading screen disguised as a cutscene would be nicer though.

Even on current gen consoles I don't think it will be possible or even desirable to have them seamless. Instead I suspect they'll up the lobby maximum by twice what it is now.

gunthermali
  • gunthermali

President, Sons of Anarchy MC, San Andreas Redwood Original

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Of the 3D universe renditions I personally preferred Las Venturas over San Fierro too. Right now though, I feel like San Fierro has more possibilities to explore; so long as Las Venturas has the strip the rest of it will take care of itself.

That's how I feel - in GTA:SA, Las Venturas was done better and San Fierro was definitely the least interesting of the three cities.  San Fierro and the surrounding Northern San Andreas have a ton of potential and they just didn't nail that in GTA:SA.  (GTA:SA is still one of the greatest games of all-time, so that's really a faint criticism.)  I get more excited thinking about San Fierro/Northern San Andreas than Las Venturas/Eastern San Andreas because I feel like we've seen them hit Las Venturas's potential and that is what it is (which is great fun), but we have yet to see them tap into San Fierro/North San Andreas's potential.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'd like to see a serious desert the size of SA between SA and LV. That'd be awesome. Maybe even add a 'Grand Chasm.' :)

gunthermali
  • gunthermali

President, Sons of Anarchy MC, San Andreas Redwood Original

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'd like to see a serious desert the size of SA between SA and LV. That'd be awesome. Maybe even add a 'Grand Chasm.' :)

Good point, the eastern border of Eastern San Andreas should be something based on the Grand Canyon, the the name might need to be more of a vaginal  pun than Grand Chasm with the way they like to play on words.  Sort of like how Brentwood is Morningwood in Los Santos. :)  

¥en
  • ¥en

The North Forgets

• Premium
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Good point, the eastern border of Eastern San Andreas should be something based on the Grand Canyon, the the name might need to be more of a vaginal  pun than Grand Chasm with the way they like to play on words.  Sort of like how Brentwood is Morningwood in Los Santos. :)

"Gaping Chasm"

I'll get my coat.

• gunthermali likes this

southernsontn
  • southernsontn

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Edit:

Unfortunately the maps will definitely be segregated even if they are connected by bridges. You'll just hit a point on the bridge, loading screen and then new map. Or take a plane from the Airport, take off, loading screen and then landing at another airport. A loading screen disguised as a cutscene would be nicer though.

Even on current gen consoles I don't think it will be possible or even desirable to have them seamless. Instead I suspect they'll up the lobby maximum by twice what it is now.

yeah, that was my earlier point... I just don't think Rockstar will have a single 16 player lobby spread over 3 or more maps.

if this report is accurate , it appears that the game could actually support up to 32 players, so maybe if they added more player capacity, they would allow us to access 2 or three maps simultaneously, but I still see R* staying away from it in order to keep maps mpre populated...

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Edit:

yeah, that was my earlier point... I just don't think Rockstar will have a single 16 player lobby spread over 3 or more maps.

if this report is accurate , it appears that the game could actually support up to 32 players, so maybe if they added more player capacity, they would allow us to access 2 or three maps simultaneously, but I still see R* staying away from it in order to keep maps mpre populated...

I see Rockstar do something in between :-)
The map(s) within each state are in one lobby; but if you want to go to another state you switch lobbies. Thus ensuring the gta sandbox feel but also having about the same number of players in each area.

If you report is true; they can increase the game to 32 players. Which would be enough for 2/3 maps the size of Southern San Andreas.

But if you travel across states you will have to switch lobbies.

These are my thoughts about it ^^ I guess this is the best of both worlds. As I stated before; I think they will do this so they can ensure the sandbox gta feeling.

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

The zombies was ok, and multiplayer was... playable. Much better than anything IW has ever made, but still full of BS lag and camping douchebags.

Yeah I bought all the DLCs for zombies, enjoyed all of them except die rise, f*ck that map with it's texture glitches.

Die Rise was a great map,TranZit with it's f*cking Bus was horrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users