Photo

My character hates his PVs

18 replies to this topic
Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

I was waiting to see if the bug I was experiencing was patched in the business update. But it's still occurring. The only mission I've played since the valentines update is RR so I can't speak for other missions. But I've noticed that while in this mission I have to spam the Y button to get my character into the car. But more often than not he'll favour a car 20 feet away and ignore the PV altogether. I will be parked around the back as when I solo the mission I fire one shot and wait for the guy to try to escape with the document so I don't have to kill everyone.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

It seems to be a common glitch with RR. Happens to me too

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

defo an RR issue rather than an overall issue, i get it alot with all my vehicles on there, but other stuff its fine and he (my character) knows where the door is without feeling the need to sprint across the road to some other random vehicle and pull the poor schmuck driving it out onto the street, before calmly walking back ot his own car and making his escape...

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

I think it is any mission where you have to pick up a package your character becomes a moron.

Hmmm do I take a fully modified armoured bulletproof tired car, or this bullet ridden slow car? Choices, choices. *Derp*

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

I've had this happen outside of Rooftop Rumble and in free-roam.  I'm not sure if I'm just being too quick with the controls or my guy forgets how to open his car door.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

I think it is any mission where you have to pick up a package your character becomes a moron.

Hmmm do I take a fully modified armoured bulletproof tired car, or this bullet ridden slow car? Choices, choices. *Derp*

this may need testing, im gonna get a friend (ive been searching for a looooong time for one of those) to collect the package instead while i get back in my car as a "getaway" driver... then do the opposite and ill collect the package to see if i can/cant remember how to use a door on my friends car while they drive...

will  see if its actually being in possession of the document that causes this lack of brain to hand interfunctionality with my character....

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Happened to me in RR yesterday, he did eventually get in but it took a while.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Oh yes, this dumb sh*t happens all the time.  I usually just end up jumping in someone else's car if I have the document, because I look stupid just standing blankly next to my Monroe, mashing Y, trying to get in.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by gear999, 06 March 2014 - 12:05 PM.

I thought this only happened to me :blink:
Its sure damn annoying!

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

I love when it happens while there are still enemies about, shooting at you.  :panic:

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

It happens so the enemy has time to spawn FFS.

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Another thing about RR is that thing where as soon as you pick up the document you instantly become public enemy number one and every car on the road either swerves into your path or just goes generally bat $hit crazy. I don't know if its the bullets from the chasing mercs that causes the npcs to aggro but it seems even the ones way ahead of you go crazy at the sight of you.

• manicmechanic71 and Scary Éire like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Another thing about RR is that thing where as soon as you pick up the document you instantly become public enemy number one and every car on the road either swerves into your path or just goes generally bat $hit crazy. I don't know if its the bullets from the chasing mercs that causes the npcs to aggro but it seems even the ones way ahead of you go crazy at the sight of you.

Yes, the bullets drive NPCs crazy which is why I hate when passengers in my car shoot at random peds, because then I crash into one of them because they freak out.

Sned
  • Sned

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

I noticed it on RR with any vehicle. I first noticed it with the Fugitive the NPC tried to flee in with the briefcase.

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I thought my controller was getting worn out, lol.  

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Glad I'm not the only one

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

What hes trying to tell you is that you have horrible taste in cars JK. Its just one of the many glitches in this game after the release of patch 1.10.

NeilNATO
  • NeilNATO

100% GTA Die hard Fan

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:14 PM Edited by NeilNATO, 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

I have noticed it only happens if i don't get into my car 1st before i trigger the marker,

so i park my car onto the parking lot and then snipe the feds, run in and clear any that are left out,

collect the documents then wait for the 4 grangers to show up,

take care of them and then go to my car and i can get in 1st time.

So remember to get in your car and drive it 1st then the bug will not troll you ;)

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Yea happens to me a lot, thought it was my controller.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users