Quantcast

» «
Photo

Giving a car to a friend - silly question...

33 replies to this topic
Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I just wanted to check before I make any assumptions and waste cash, but can you steal a car (not so hot it can't be modded without purchasing it), take it to LSC and mod the hell out of it... but NOT putting a tracker/insurance on it, and then just let your lower level friend drive it back in after and purchase the tracker themselves?

I've got a friend who had to start a new character on a new XBL account, and wanted to give him a decent starter car, but didn't wanna shell out tens of thousands on mods if there is something preventing this.

Probably silly of me to ask, but thought it best to check!

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

yes you can

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

yes you can

Great, thanks - suspect so, but had to be sure.

What car would be a good choice do you all reckon for a fully modded first car, baring in mind he has no apartment/garage yet?

• Thecomrade9 likes this

gfen
  • gfen

ham on the bone

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

fusilade.

• Lunantic likes this

thatblacklac
  • thatblacklac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

F620 is a great a car.

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Chrome Adder

Cue stupid replies

My first was the Gauntlet

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Oracle, fast four door! Or something that stands a chance in sports races. I suspect many will suggest sultan.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Probably also silly question, but can you take the tracker/insurance off of a car in your garage and let a friend take it to make their own?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by mo-seph, 06 March 2014 - 10:46 AM.

fusilade.

F620 is a great a car.

two very solid suggestions...

my first car was a fusilade and i took a looooong time replacing it, good go-to freeroam car.. one of the few sports class you can do this with, but downside is it will get owned in races against jester, elegy, feltzer, 9f, carbo etc.

F620 is extremely under-rated car, nice looks, smooth ride, and will be very comeptative at Coupes races, Ok its an underused class for racing but if your friend hosts and baits people in with his low level he could have a good shot with a fully modded F620...

Probably also silly question, but can you take the tracker/insurance off of a car in your garage and let a friend take it to make their own?

no

• Lunantic likes this

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Sultan. It's a sports class car great acceleration and handling, it looks great. It's a zippy car good traction and speed. It's four door so great for missions.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Sultan. It's a sports class car great acceleration and handling, it looks great. It's a zippy car good traction and speed. It's four door so great for missions.

Loved my Sultan and still gutted I had to give it up to get my competitive 10 car race garage finalised... Not sure I have the patience to hunt for one for him now, lol, took me ages to get mine.

Guess we'll just cruise around till something half decent from these suggestions appears and just go for it. Love the idea of sneaking race wins because of the low level, that'll make some of the kiddies cry, lol.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

also dont put it into your own garage

• Lunantic likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Loved my Sultan and still gutted I had to give it up to get my competitive 10 car race garage finalised... Not sure I have the patience to hunt for one for him now, lol, took me ages to get mine.

Guess we'll just cruise around till something half decent from these suggestions appears and just go for it. Love the idea of sneaking race wins because of the low level, that'll make some of the kiddies cry, lol.

i find one spawns alot near the lighthouse with the stunt jump, worth a try...

• Lunantic and WTFThisIsntWii like this

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

I know that feel sold mine to make space for the Jester. I find them quite regularly around Franklin's Aunt house and his garage. If you're on Xbox I can find and hold one for you.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

I know that feel sold mine to make space for the Jester. I find them quite regularly around Franklin's Aunt house and his garage. If you're on Xbox I can find and hold one for you.

Am not sure I actually want him to have one, lol, seeing as I miss mine so much!!

Mean of me? Prolly :p

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by senormidget, 06 March 2014 - 11:19 AM.

Sultan or a Sentinel are great all-rounders. Quick, good handling, lots of mods, Sultan is very cheap to recover from Mors ($150).

F620 is pretty fast but not many mods and handling isn't great, it's also quite expensive to replace if I remember correctly.

Sultan can be found near the prison quite often and sometimes at the docks.

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

My 2nd Character's first Car was the Gauntlet and I won a few Races with it even without any mods.
If you know how to correctly drive it,it can be a great Car.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:19 PM Edited by Jimrod, 06 March 2014 - 12:19 PM.

Zion is the best coupe off the street. Simple as that, it's only barely slower than an Exemplar when modded, looks great and is arguably better to drive around the streets due to great braking and grip - far better than Oracle or Sentinel and a bit better than F620. I've tried and tested it against all the others thoroughly on both long, fast tracks like Route 68 and tight ones like Cutting Coroners as well as just in general free roam. Just because it doesn't come up as a standard option in races people ignore the fact it exists.

• Lunantic likes this

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Sentinel XS. Just steal one off the Black Sentinel guy after a mission.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I love the way the Stanier handles,probably on my own there though! :-B

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

I love the way the Stanier handles,probably on my own there though! :-B

Nope, it's a great car, the best "cheap" option for when the zero account balance tank griefers are in town for me... :)

• Lunantic and manicmechanic71 like this

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by Cwinny24, 06 March 2014 - 03:44 PM.

I'd give a dominator or sultan fully tuned. They go fast for beginners + the ability to win races easily the first 30-40 lvls

Spade115
  • Spade115

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

I would go with a sentinel or Sabre Got my sabre as my first car and still drive it more then every other car I own also fully modded under 200 to replace. lol

• Lunantic likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Nope not unless they have a 10 car apartment then they can dupe cars by stealing them off you

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

did this for a few lower level players during my glitched billionare days. most people were pretty suspicious at first but it was fun the see them drive off anf enjoy it.

i felt like Robin-f*cking-Hood

• Lunantic and BatFerYou like this

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

did this for a few lower level players during my glitched billionare days. most people were pretty suspicious at first but it was fun the see them drive off anf enjoy it.

i felt like Robin-f*cking-Hood

It's a shame you can't just take the trackers off and give them to someone without glitching.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm totally against this. f*cking beggars. Tell 'em to get to work, rob some stores honestly, get a bounty, find their own way.

When I was young, I had to work for my money, grinding out 50 races a day, before the pigs patched it.

Bloody kids expecting everything handed to them on a chrome plate.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by Malibu454, 06 March 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Give your friend a muscle car. It's the only class you can steal the top 3 cars off the street and fully mod and the Dominator is best for resale if he/she needs $$ for an Apt. There is a whole debate about what's best for racing. Top3 for racing in no order Ruiner(speed and handling) Gauntlet (most forgiving great handling) Dominator (awesome top speed)
Plus if you learn how to race with a muscle and their speed and slidey handling you'll be a better racer with everything else.. ;)
  • Lunantic likes this

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm totally against this. f*cking beggars. Tell 'em to get to work, rob some stores honestly, get a bounty, find their own way.

When I was young, I had to work for my money, grinding out 50 races a day, before the pigs patched it.

Bloody kids expecting everything handed to them on a chrome plate.

Haha! :D

He was same level as me, full apartment/garage etc, but was using a borroed XBL account that has since been recalled - He's having to start over, sadly.

Just trying to help a buddy :p

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

The main thing is this: we have to establish what it is that young people want,then we have to go out of our way to make sure we deny them of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users