29 replies to this topic
The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

0_0.jpg

Never noticed this before. They just add this or am I just blind?

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

I spotted them in a daytime sky last week, so I don't think they're new for 1.11.  But I hadn't noticed them before that point so perhaps they haven't always been there?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

They have always been there but they seem a lot more prominent than usual in your pic
  • tom_p1980 and mo-seph like this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Inb4chrometrails
  • Mikeol1987 and Killzone3265 like this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

It's my brains against your von Braun.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Been there since day one & I still have no idea what this is. Visible where ever you are on the map.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

We're all being poisoned by the government with psychotropic drugs :(  

• tom_p1980 and ShinobiFixer like this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Ready to race?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

Been there since launch lol
  • tom_p1980 likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

Crazy I never noticed.

@Raz_ZeroZ pretty sure they are contrails, not chemtrails. ;)

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

We're all being poisoned by the government with psychotropic drugs :(  

Brave New World

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

It's a tribute to the Scottish saltire flag

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

It's happening!!
Kirby_Celebration_Gif.gif

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Been there since the vanilla game.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Been there since day one & I still have no idea what this is. Visible where ever you are on the map.

u dont know what it is??  really??  your are kiddin are you !!?!

terrywin
  • terrywin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:46 AM Edited by terrywin, 06 March 2014 - 09:47 AM.

Chemtrails, damn R* spraying our online toons with who knows what. Sorry, it had to be said.

Tawner
  • Tawner

Beast Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

Even now I sometimes see weather effects in GTA ive never seen, and ive spent days in Southern San Andreas. Some effects ive only seen once or twice, like the thunderstorms (caught only one lightning strike, but seen more flashes), or this one time where it went super foggy, and some kind of alarm went off on the piers. And sometimes I would be driving around, and even though its a videogame, you just cant help but pull over and look at a sight like this:

e7mkr5.jpg

• manicmechanic71 and Jobbo like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

0_0.jpg

Never noticed this before. They just add this or am I just blind?

They have been there since day 1 when the skies are clear.  Looks like a Scottish Saltire flag when there is a clear blue sky.  Don't know if it's a conicidence or an Easter Egg seeing as R* are a Scottish company.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

They have been there since day 1 when the skies are clear.  Looks like a Scottish Saltire flag when there is a clear blue sky.  Don't know if it's a conicidence or an Easter Egg seeing as R* are a Scottish company.

Actually they are an American company with studios around the world.

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Umm...no.

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Crazy I never noticed.

@Raz_ZeroZ pretty sure they are contrails, not chemtrails. ;)

technically they are just white lines in a digital sky, they aren't anything.

But if your asking what they are simulating, then yes, they are simulating Chemtrails, since contrails don't persist for hours on end, or spread out and become cloud banks.

If you fly to a non-Nato country, you will notice they have the same amount of air traffic but no lines across the sky like they do here in the states.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

You might want to check that.

At the last check, Edinburgh is not in America, nor is Dundee where they started off.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Umm...no.

Umm yes. Headquarters is in NY where they started......this is absolute fact.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Umm...no.

Umm yes. Headquarters is in NY where they started......this is absolute fact.

Rockstar North.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Not Posting much atm due to life...

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by Mikeol1987, 06 March 2014 - 11:37 AM.

The Angel King, you are a fool. ROCKSTAR NORTH develop the game and they are based in scotland, they made all the major chunks of all GTAs. The only thing NYC rockstar do is publish the games, and went out and took photos for GTAIV research which they then sent back to scotland. Rockstar North are the original developers as before they were called Rockstar they were called DMA design and made games like Lemmings before GTA.
GTA is not made by americans. You should realise by the amount of heavy satire against the US thats put into most GTAs. Sure the voice acting work and such is outsourced to New york acting schools and the like because sam and dan have lived in NYC for a long time now. Rockstar North still developed the game. And still do develop the game.

GTA - the united kingdoms greatest franchise and the reason Scotland should stay in the kingdom...not that I blame the scots for wanting to leave because I want to leave. Can I comelive in scotland? Im feeling like if I linger outside Rockstar North for long enough they might give me a job...

Angel I will tell you a complete fact... Most every real GTA fan knows its developed in scotland.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

The Angel King, you are a fool. ROCKSTAR NORTH develop the game and they are based in scotland, they made all the major chunks of all GTAs. The only thing NYC rockstar do is publish the games, and went out and took photos for GTAIV research which they then sent back to scotland. Rockstar North are the original developers as before they were called Rockstar they were called DMA design and made games like Lemmings before GTA.
GTA is not made by americans. You should realise by the amount of heavy satire against the US thats put into most GTAs. Sure the voice acting work and such is outsourced to New york acting schools and the like because sam and dan have lived in NYC for a long time now. Rockstar North still developed the game. And still do develop the game.

GTA - the united kingdoms greatest franchise and the reason Scotland should stay in the kingdom...not that I blame the scots for wanting to leave because I want to leave. Can I comelive in scotland? Im feeling like if I linger outside Rockstar North for long enough they might give me a job...

Angel I will tell you a complete fact... Most every real GTA fan knows its developed in scotland.

I am not denying that. I was only stating the HQ is and started in NY. I have said nothing more. 

• Mikeol1987 likes this

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:57 AM Edited by Sharks80fr, 06 March 2014 - 11:57 AM.

No it's not, few weeks after game release some idiots with their jet pack hunt were saying the center of the cross could link to an important area

aluminium-cat.jpg

• Mikeol1987 likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

You're laughing but there are some riddles scattered around the island that indicate that X marks the spot. When I first saw the contrails guess what I did? 

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I am not denying that. I was only stating the HQ is and started in NY. I have said nothing more.

fair play Angel... Fair play.
  • The Angel King likes this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

I've had 45days playtime in the first 2months and I only noticed them after 1.10

On another note, where the hell do you live? Those are fumes from airplanes, you never seen one flying high in the sky before?(irl)

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

To go back on topic - I find it really irritating theres contrails and no jets... does my head in. I saw contrails in my first week of gtao so I am sure they have always been there.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Yep. They have been there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users