For the love of glitching!

31 replies to this topic
Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hey, I made this thread to discuss whether you still glitch your money or not and the reason for doing it.

Now everyone knows the latter has produced releases of new DLC which we need money for in-game to purchase; I spent an hour or so Sunday night, duping my vehicles to raise funds in order to purchase these new cars, weapons and clothes (didn't dupe enough for the Vestra).

Now why do I do this? Well... Sure Rockstar have made a game that I enjoy... Sure, I like playing the game... But is this product as described? Far from it. Having a diploma in Business Law (I know, I know...), under the legislation of Sales of Goods Act and Supply of Goods and Services Act, the game, in my opinion, and accustomed to Rockstar's standards, has been far from satisfactory and it's not doing exactly as it says on the tin!

So, I believe, rightfully so, I should be compensated for showing loyalty in a product which has been falsely marketed for 5 months; they aren't getting a single penny off of me until their game at least has heists. That's what we was told we'd be given right? Well until them, their Cash Cards are pointless and worthless; you'd have to be a fool to purchase one.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 06 March 2014 - 07:56 AM.

False advertisement?

When did they ever promise heists would come out on launch or if they would come out anytime soon until the recent comment about it coming out early 2014?

If I recall they only said there would be heists, they didn't give a date or time at the moment they were announced. 

Yes, I'm assuming this is about heists since its 95% of the time always about heists.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Sorry, OP you just sound like a hater.

• Sangers and Synophrys like this

lolnope

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:57 AM Edited by 2281, 06 March 2014 - 07:59 AM.

I recently started glitching money and I don't regret it, considering that with the most recent exploits I can make huge $$$ in just a few minutes. 

I want to play this game to have fun (i.e. Freeroam), not grind Coveted or Rooftop Rumble for hours to make crack change.

• tarheel716, Acky. and meatrocket8 like this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

False advertisement?

When did they ever promise heists would come out on launch or if they would come out anytime soon until the recent comment about it coming out early 2014?

If I recall they only said there would be heists, they didn't give a date or time at the moment they were announced. 

Yes, I'm assuming this is about heists since its 95% of the time always about heists.

You're assuming about heists because it says heists in the topic you mean?
Anyway, what I'm saying is, they're pumping out all these DLC's to persuade us to buy their cash cards, rightfully so from a commercial point of view; but not when the product hasn't been satisfactory.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM.

the logic shown here will be the death of civilization as we know it.

trade your f*cking game in and stop whining, gtao addict.

deLechuga
  • deLechuga

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Man.. I know for some people it's okay to glitch all the money, but what's the point? I mean.. if you don't progress slowly, and suddenly u have every super car, every weapon, it just gets boring, besides of that, i hate playing whit some idiot who got the Buzzard or the Tank bcause of glitching, and they kill me over and over again. But, it's up to you.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:04 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 06 March 2014 - 08:05 AM.

How hasn't it been satisfactory?

It just seems like you ASSUMED there would be more than what was offered. 

Its common but don't act like because it didn't live up to your expectations that it gives you a right to glitch.

• GTA-Freak-Vi and iiGh0STt like this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

I haven't been able to justify glitching money ( and OP's reasons seem like a stretch to me) but the lack of garage space and $10k resale limit did motivate me to learn the SP2MP glitch. 

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

How high were your expectations if you think this game wasn't very satisfactory to you? Also, the DLCs have all been free. No, they are not persuading us into buying shark cards cos no ones forcing you(us) to buy them, it's all about the players' choice whether to buy them or not. If you think the game isn't good enough for your standards/ expectations then trade away but just know you're gonna miss out on a brilliant game

AME_Squirrel
  • AME_Squirrel

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

I agree I buy games because they are relatively inexpensive entertainment you never had this sh*t on the PS1 and PS2 games I understand paying for some DLC because it has a lot of content but I'm not paying real money for fake money just so I can have the chrome adder.

• Broke Krusty likes this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Acky, to glitch or not to glitch should be kept to oneself. This board explodes with trolls on either side. BTW Happy anniversary a few days late.  

• 2281 likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I get what you're all saying, but heists are the primary example I could use; and that'll probably be nerf'd... Since this update, the money I've earned is a good amount, with the cash reward having a multiplyer... But the game really isn't satisfactory. One person has the ability to glitch into a wall and cannot be shot, but can shoot you, that isn't satisfactory. One has the ability to do the content creator glitch, become invisible and kill you with vehicles; this isn't satisfactory. One person can glitch so their car is infact skinned by a normal car, yet they fire explosive rockets at you; all within game, without the modification of game files. And yes, heists, not here. Any of that seem satisfactory to you?
  • bipolarzebra likes this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:14 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 06 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

So because a giant free roam game has glitches/bugs it gives you a right to glitch and cause problems?

I think not.  :lol:

Once again its all on you, you had your expectations far too high to expect a giant free roam game to not have glitches/bugs.

• iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:23 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 06 March 2014 - 08:33 AM.

OP, you're still playing it.

/thread.

Shadow-sxs
  • Shadow-sxs

Bubbles

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:25 AM Edited by Shadow-sxs, 06 March 2014 - 08:26 AM.

I get what you're all saying, but heists are the primary example I could use; and that'll probably be nerf'd... Since this update, the money I've earned is a good amount, with the cash reward having a multiplyer... But the game really isn't satisfactory. One person has the ability to glitch into a wall and cannot be shot, but can shoot you, that isn't satisfactory. One has the ability to do the content creator glitch, become invisible and kill you with vehicles; this isn't satisfactory. One person can glitch so their car is infact skinned by a normal car, yet they fire explosive rockets at you; all within game, without the modification of game files. And yes, heists, not here. Any of that seem satisfactory to you?

Usually I would agree, but not on this. Rockstar never said Heists would be released at launch and if Heists are the only reason you play GTA:O then I honestly feel sorry for you. Even though Heists are an important gamemode that quite a lot of people want, you can't center whole GTA:O around it.

In this type of game you create your own fun and some people enjoy glitching. Personally I love playing with friends launching our vehicles or crushing them with the train and such. You base most of your arguments around player interaction. Yeah it sucks you meet so many douchebags, but you just have to deal with it. As I said; play with your friends and all of this 'trouble' tends to get lost while having fun.  :lol:  

OP, your still playing it.

/thread.

you're*

• iiGh0STt likes this

nspekta
  • nspekta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Too much moaning about this game. If you don't like it f*ck off no one is forcing you to play.
  • iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

OP, your still playing it.

/thread.

you're*

:beerhat:  fixed. beer me!

bipolarzebra
  • bipolarzebra

R.I.P. Police Vehicles

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

I'm with you OP.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

OP, I agree with your business perspective. I'm not a diploma of business and such, but from my self-learning about business and marketing, I conclude that if you are promoting a product, whatever you say in the promo should be delivered in the first launch, UNLESS you stated in the promotion that the said content(s) will be coming separately in the future for free/paid.

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by PancakePoon, 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM.

False advertisement?

in the online trailer provided, the voice specifically says we can complete heists with our crews. Now take note on how they don't mention the free DLC we've received in the past 3 months. So this whole "false advertising" is plausible. When they advertised their online world. they told us we could do heists with our friends and many other things WHICH are already in the game. It's clear that the online wasn't ready for launch as it's been 5 months and we're still getting the "more news coming on heists" line from Rockstar.

Hop off Rockstars lap for once, drone.  

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:52 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 06 March 2014 - 08:59 AM.

False advertisement?

in the online trailer provided, the voice specifically says we can complete heists with our crews. Now take note on how they don't mention the free DLC we've received in the past 3 months. So this whole "false advertising" is plausible. When they advertised their online world. they told us we could do heists with our friends and many other things WHICH are already in the game. It's clear that the online wasn't ready for launch as it's been 5 months and we're still getting the "more news coming on heists" line from Rockstar.

True, they said we could do heists and we will in time but they NEVER said it would be available on launch or anytime soon once Online had launched.

I want undeniable proof of false advertising.

I want you guys to show me proof of them saying "you'll be able to do heists upon launch."  :lol:

lol calls me a drone and yet has no undeniable proof, simply saying what every other Rockstar hater is saying..what a drone you are.

Rob142sti
  • Rob142sti

Bored of GTAV/O

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

They have multi million dollar lawyers that love to sh*t on on little people like you that claim these bs arguments.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:00 AM Edited by Mr Walker, 06 March 2014 - 09:00 AM.

Yet another risible "justification" (ie an excuse) for cheating, by yet another cheater.

Sell your game OP, and quit playing.  You won't be missed.

• Nivak likes this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

False advertisement?

True, they said we could do heists and we will in time but they NEVER said it would be available on launch or anytime soon once Online had launched.

I want undeniable proof of false advertising.

I want you guys to show me proof of them saying "you'll be able to do heists upon launch."  :lol:

lol calls me a drone and yet has no undeniable proof, simply saying what every other Rockstar hater is saying..what a drone you are.

Do you understand the basics of advertisement? You can't say something and not deliver on it. Rockstar advertised that we would be able to complete heists with our friends from the start. It's in the GTA Online trailer. Why would they advertise something that isn't available? They weren't ready and it's very clear. 

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

How are Hists diff. then some of the missions that are already in place?

It will just be the same thing as now with multiple steps...Do you people think that you'll get paid out like in SP??? Not bloody likely...

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

How high were your expectations if you think this game wasn't very satisfactory to you? Also, the DLCs have all been free. No, they are not persuading us into buying shark cards cos no ones forcing you(us) to buy them, it's all about the players' choice whether to buy them or not. If you think the game isn't good enough for your standards/ expectations then trade away but just know you're gonna miss out on a brilliant game

exactly.. you choose to buy cashy cards, or not, you choose to glitch, or not, you choose to play legit.... or not..

as with any product thats sold they present you opportunity to spend more..

you go to a shop, you want to buy a bottle of your fav soda... you get to the counter and there's gum... ooo gum.... obviously the retailer wants you to buy gum, but its your CHOICE to buy it or not... there arent forcing you to,

at no point have i been to a shop where the retailer said "ooo if you wana buy that soda you HAVE to buy this gum".. likewise in GTA:O ive never been wall-gardened with "if you want to do this mission you need to buy a cashcard"...  its a matter of choice, you either choose to get rich quick from cashcards (or i guess glitching) or do it the long way and earn our money in jobs....

• GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

lolnope

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by 2281, 06 March 2014 - 09:25 AM.

How are Hists diff. then some of the missions that are already in place?

It will just be the same thing as now with multiple steps...Do you people think that you'll get paid out like in SP??? Not bloody likely...

Nobody knows. There is supposed leaked footage of heists that were included in the Valentine's Day DLC (accessible via DNS Servers). They appear to be no different than regular missions in terms of difficulty and payouts.

A quick Youtube search for the 'Ornate Bank Heist' may answer your question.

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

exactly.. you choose to buy cashy cards, or not, you choose to glitch, or not, you choose to play legit.... or not..

as with any product thats sold they present you opportunity to spend more..

you go to a shop, you want to buy a bottle of your fav soda... you get to the counter and there's gum... ooo gum.... obviously the retailer wants you to buy gum, but its your CHOICE to buy it or not... there arent forcing you to,

at no point have i been to a shop where the retailer said "ooo if you wana buy that soda you HAVE to buy this gum".. likewise in GTA:O ive never been wall-gardened with "if you want to do this mission you need to buy a cashcard"...  its a matter of choice, you either choose to get rich quick from cashcards (or i guess glitching) or do it the long way and earn our money in jobs....

This comes up when you don't have cash on your character even though you have money in the bank.

Don't you just love it when this pops up

qrj7ys.png

• mkjah22 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users