Quantcast

» «
Photo

New way to destroy PV's without paying for them?

38 replies to this topic
zT VisionzZ
  • zT VisionzZ

TheMeanestMostBaddestMemberEver

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Has anyone tried picking up a car from impound with a cargobob, then tried to dump it into the water? Can anyone tell me if it works? It worked for me once but I haven't done it since. 

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

So basically, you spent your time waiting for a car to pick up and drop it?
It's most likely already confirmed

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

You know what'd be great? If people stop f*cking up Rockstar's plans

I mean they messed up with the exploits but you sure as hell aren't helping with the exploits and glitches

• Shenmue18, Odesza, lew3112 and 2 others like this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Avoiding insuance cliams by using the Cargobob is by no means new.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Try to enter the car first to see if who it belongs to. Take the car over the owner with the cargobob and drop it off for them... from the highest altitude.
  • GranSnake, Juanfartez and SilkySkillz85 like this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Was working since GTAO first days, haven't dumped a car for quite some time so don't know if they patched it lately, guess not.... why would they?

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

I always just park it on the roof of the Maze Bank, it's more fun than destroying it because most times people have no idea where it went.

• zT VisionzZ likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

I know that the fire can either is hard to get started or doesnt work either.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

Tank?

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

I always just park it on the roof of the Maze Bank, it's more fun than destroying it because most times people have no idea where it went.

It is funnier than dropping it in water but the only problem is most people just call for the personal vehicle anyway. I drove a guys car into the train tunnel the other day and I could see the little white dot getting closer. Then all of a sudden the car starts disappearing.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Moving Target

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:36 AM Edited by Nomad0202, 06 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

It is funnier than dropping it in water but the only problem is most people just call for the personal vehicle anyway. I drove a guys car into the train tunnel the other day and I could see the little white dot getting closer. Then all of a sudden the car starts disappearing.
Yes. If the car is a long way from the player your wasting your time. They can just request it.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Try to enter the car first to see if who it belongs to. Take the car over the owner with the cargobob and drop it off for them... from the highest altitude.

I pulled that off once. I said here's your car back. SPLAT. :lol:

• NDE108 likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

I did this to a chrome Cheetah the other day (1.10) and paid, I couldn't believe it. Only done it once or twice before and didn't pay.

Rbrunstheshow
  • Rbrunstheshow

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Yes. If the car is a long way from the player your wasting your time. They can just request it.
Not sure if they can request it as it is still classed as impounded?!?!

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

^ Correct. They cannot request that car, they can destroy it for another though.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Moving Target

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 AM Edited by Nomad0202, 06 March 2014 - 08:09 AM.

^ Correct. They cannot request that car, they can destroy it for another though.

Ok. Thank you. I am corrected. So as long as no one drives the car it is still "impounded"?

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Just tested with a friend after 1.11, still works. Player will get a "Personal Vehicle destroyed" notice as soon as car hits the water. He can then call mors and pay the insurance. 

I tried to hold one for ransom by texting the player " I have your car, place $9k bounty on me now or its taking a swim"  He texted back " my cars impounded" so I dropped it in the river. Minutes latter he was all over the impound yard looking for his car and texting me "What did you do"?

• twannie1997, TrevorsMom, Crunch McThornbody and 4 others like this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

Why even waste time with a cargobob? A few sniper rounds to the engine makes it catch fire. The owner pays the insurance fee every time.
  • GranSnake likes this

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Moving Target

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

This whole endeavour sounds quite complicated and a lot of effort. 1.You have to know which car. 2. Acquire a cargobob. (maybe on the hospital nearby, maybe not) 3. Hope no other player is at the impound to shoot you down when you arrive. 4. Negotiate the high wall at the impound and the multi story car park next door. 5. Fly and place on top of building or in the sea. 6. Send victorious message. And all this before the victim leaves for another server. People do this?

• toobsock likes this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Why even waste time with a cargobob? A few sniper rounds to the engine makes it catch fire. The owner pays the insurance fee every time.

Has this eventually been fixed? I did it a couple of times in the last weeks and had to pay the fee myself every time.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

few things wrong

first being that to get this started, you'd have to literally just camp at mors until a car EVENTUALLY spawned, making you seem like a huge tryhard already

second, even if you did manage to pick the car up, keep in mind that if it's there, it'll more than likely not even really be a PV by the time you get to where you're headed, since most people usually request their vehicles right after it ends up at Mors. so while you think you have someone's PV, the actual car could be just down the block from them since it just spawns there after being requested, meaning you only have a duplicate at that point, and there's no way for you to actually tell. so yeah, you can sink it, but just 'cause you didn't pay anything doesn't exactly mean they are

but if you do pay for it, then the joke's on you i guess

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Delegado

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

No idea?? Uh we have blip on radar to know where your car is every minute

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Someone blew my car up with a tank and I had to pay, I then called another car, went to the tank spawn, saw a nicely modded car there, drove it to the beach, then used mine to ram it in the sea. I didn't have to pay. Payback for being a prick blowing my car up. 

• GranSnake, Crunch McThornbody and PsychoGamer like this

Comandante-Olle
  • Comandante-Olle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Does dropping in water really do? I got Bad Sport doing that. Maybe have to be impounded car...

Parking someones car at a bonfire on the beach gives you Bad Sport still.

And then you can put gasoline on a car and light it. Shooting the gasoline seems to give you Bad Sport but the flames from the exhaust don't.

Real fun to light up a lvl. 71 tank griefer's crome turismo yesterday.

Sometimes I am supriced still getting Good Sport rewards...
  • PsychoGamer likes this

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Has anyone tried picking up a car from impound with a cargobob, then tried to dump it into the water? Can anyone tell me if it works? It worked for me once but I haven't done it since. 

I have done that millions of times, it does work(however it was ages ago might have been updated...)

Claude K6
  • Claude K6

Get out my face kneeguz

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

I pick it up with a cargobob, drop it near the edge of the water near simeons vehicle requesting garage, then ram it off with a car. Never get bad sport.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

This whole endeavour sounds quite complicated and a lot of effort. 1.You have to know which car. 2. Acquire a cargobob. (maybe on the hospital nearby, maybe not) 3. Hope no other player is at the impound to shoot you down when you arrive. 4. Negotiate the high wall at the impound and the multi story car park next door. 5. Fly and place on top of building or in the sea. 6. Send victorious message. And all this before the victim leaves for another server. People do this?

The spot by the tree is tricky but actually Mors is usually the worse.

pick up from  impound, take to hills in east 2 mins away. attempt to drive car, message will tell you players name. pick back up and fly to river. Send txt

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Moving Target

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by Nomad0202, 06 March 2014 - 02:24 PM.

The spot by the tree is tricky but actually Mors is usually the worse.

pick up from  impound, take to hills in east 2 mins away. attempt to drive car, message will tell you players name. pick back up and fly to river. Send txt

Fair enough. I see it's all much quicker if you are already in a cargobob and picking up random cars. But if it's at Mors the owner can request it, if they see it on the move. I'm not sure why players leave their cars sitting at Mors. That's asking for trouble. I have taken two turismo's for joyride's already. "Scratch was already there, right". But my point is if your after a particular car at the impound time is short if the owner might be on their way.

Poopanties
  • Poopanties

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

I like to pour gas all over the hood and grill of someone's car then back up my car with turbo next to the car with gas on it then accelerate. The fire from the turbo ignites the gas and sets their car on fire eventually blowing it up and you don't have to pay.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Has this eventually been fixed? I did it a couple of times in the last weeks and had to pay the fee myself every time.

Nope. Did it to quite a few cars last night. Once you see fire, don't fire another shot just to be on the safe side. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users