Quantcast

» «
Photo

Idea: Motorcycle purse snatching minigame

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Motorcycle Purse Snatching minigame idea? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, it's a good idea (13 votes [68.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. No, I don't like it (6 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by bleedout28, 06 March 2014 - 04:14 AM.

So I was watching TV and I saw this commercial were two people on a motorcycle drive by and steal a woman's purse only to put money in it and give it back to her. While lame this gave me an idea, why not have something like this in GTAO free mode? It would be another way to make money and earn RP also something else to do other than mindlessly drive around shooting each other.

Anyway, it would work like this:

Players at level 10 are given a call from Lamar. He has an idea for you to make some quick cash. When on a motorcycle of any class, give him a call. A menu option will pop up for "Start Purse Snatching". Once engaged, the player, or players depending on the number of people on the bike, will have several blips appear on their radar. These blips will be women and men with purses and attaché bags walking around the streets of Los Santos. Using the fire button the player character will reach out to grab the purses. The player will have to drive close enough for their character to reach the women but will have to be traveling at the right speed to be able to grasp the purses without messing up. Going too fast you'll miss, too slow and the victim can fight back and even pull you off your bike. Killing the target will void the steal completely. Players will have a certain amount of time to steal from the blips to meet a quota of cash which must be met before needing to drop off the steal to one of Lamar's contacts around the city. With each successful stealing round, the player will be granted an extra 3 minutes to the clock. The faster they steal and drop off the bags, the more time they can stack up. For example, round 1 you will have to steal $2000 worth of bags before needing to make a drop off. the next round it would be $4000 and so on and so forth.  

While you are out stealing you will begin to build up a pile of cash, a percentage of which you are awarded upon each drop off. Other players will be alerted that you are carrying a large amount of cash and will be able to kill you and steal the money you have worked up and keep it for themselves. HOWEVER, players who do so will piss off Lamar who will send several muggers and even Gangster hitmen after them for doing so to get the money back. Also, the player who was stolen from will have the chance to steal the money back assuming they can get to the thief in time. But, if the muggers and/or hitmen get the money back for Lamar before the player on the mission can, they will not be awarded any of the money or time extensions and will have to start over from scratch.

These thefts, however, will not go unnoticed by the police. After 5 successful snatchings, the player(s) will earn a 2 star wanted level prompting the police to chase them. The players will have to lose the cops as well as continue stealing purses and bags, adding to the challenge. Players will be able to use Lester to clear their wanted level if they have the ability to do so, however you can only do so once per minigame.

The mini game will run for about 10 rounds before the game is completed. Upon completion of the minigame the player(s) participating will receive and additional 10K bonus for making it through all 10 rounds.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

Gayyyyy.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:55 AM Edited by A Maned Wolf, 06 March 2014 - 03:56 AM.

Inb4fox/nbcnewsblamesincreaseinrobberiesonGTA

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

What is this, saints row?  We don't want a minigame where we have to spray crap at everyone.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Idea: Anything that ain't this cause it sounds like a dumpster rollin' down five flights of stairs.

• twannie1997 and BurningChrome like this

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

Idea: Anything that ain't this cause it sounds like a dumpster rollin' down five flights of stairs.

And yet, you voted "yes, it's a good idea"....

BurningChrome
  • BurningChrome

RAMPAGE KING!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

"wrack"

rack

:miranda:

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

What is this, saints row?  We don't want a minigame where we have to spray crap at everyone.

Did you actually read the idea or are you just spouting sh*t because you think you are clever?

Also, who is this "we"? I take it you're speaking for yourself and your multiple personalities.

Breaking Windows
  • Breaking Windows

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

or how about snatching iphones from idiots that walk around with them held up in the air with there headphones plugged in,which is an actual sport in some parts of London!

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

or how about snatching iphones from idiots that walk around with them held up in the air with there headphones plugged in,which is an actual sport in some parts of London!

That's a pretty good idea. You should include that in a mugging activity.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

This isnt grand theft granny.

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

You will most likely get crashed off or shot off the bike if players are chasing you but...i got no problem with purse snatching.BUT i want a free roam drug deal that you can ambush with cash rewards such as the briefcase with cash will grant you 10k and successfully delivering the drug will yield you another 13k.

Noswald
  • Noswald

Driver of weird ass cars

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:26 AM Edited by Noswald, 06 March 2014 - 09:28 AM.

the idea is pretty good but the mechanic of having a random person interrupting the little purse snatching spree getting targeted by muggers and gangster hitmen is kinda harsh. Plus it sounds a bit to complicated to add into free mode. 

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

the idea is pretty good but the mechanic of having a random person interrupting the little purse snatching spree getting targeted by muggers and gangster hitmen is kinda harsh. Plus it sounds a bit to complicated to add into free mode. 

Well, it isn't the person doing the purse stealing that gets the gangbangers and hitmen after them, it's the person who kills the purse thief and makes off with the money that does. It's there to add in balance to make sure people have to think twice before riding up and attacking the purse thief.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Anything that gets me on my bati more is a good idea

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:16 AM