no more lazer jets?

37 replies to this topic
Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

I've found the best way to get a jet is to go in via Merryweather Helicopter.

1. Call Merryweather For Helicopter Pick Up

2. Get In Chopper (DO NOT KILL PILOT)

3. Open up your map and mark a waypoint in second box (on the right) next to the runway.

4. Tell pilot to go and soon as you get overhead hit O or B

5. Repel down if the option is there if not jump but pull your chute right away and land right next to the cockpit

6. Get in take off right away don't drive to the runway.

7. Soon as you're in the air do a 180 and fly south make sure you fly stright up into the air the rockets WILL ALWAYS miss

8. Enjoy your jet

9. Repeate as needed

I've never lost or failed to get a jet while doing this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I've found that its harder to steal a jet these days in Free Roam.

My tips:

• After you brake in to the base, don't drive directly to the jet. Drive around the back roads behind the hangers so that the enemies spawn / go there to hunt you, then cut up one of the alley ways to a jet location that is clear of red dots on your mini-map. ie. draw them away from the jets first.
  • Know where the jet locations are so you can change up the one you want to take if the one you initially go for has too many red dots around or or nearby.
  • As soon as you take the jet, shoot up 90 degrees into the sky. This angle will prevent nearby tanks from shooting you down and is also the best angle to avoid rockets as well. Wait til you have really high altitude before leveling out and don't return to low altitude until you are well clear of the base.
  • If a rocket locks on to you, dodge it at the last minute by doing up/down fishies.

This. 

The only thing to note here though is if you go too high they now send a jet fighter after you that doesn't seem to go away until you either kill him or you die. Even then... if you die he may still come after you on the ground if you shoot at him... Ask me how I know...

Alternately, if you DON'T go too high and level out  you can get low again and he won't follow you. He shot me down over los santos once so he really follows you far.

De_Regelaar
  • De_Regelaar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Motocycle jump in, take second runway, kill the marine next to it, steal the jet, take off, profit

Sned
  • Sned

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

all your base are belong to us!!

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by giraffeboy, 06 March 2014 - 06:37 PM.

My order of difficulty for getting a jet (easy-hard)

- helicopter (I'm sure you used to get 4 stars as soon as you were over the base, trivially easy now you can land first)

- hop over the fence by the main entrance (there's a small lip if you hit you should get into the small fenced off alley that you can then drive round the base and then in). You'll get heat but you should be clear by the time you drive round to the jets)

- the jump on the mountain

- jumping in from the GOH

- skydiving in (easier if you do the wingsuit trick and pull chute at last moment, this used to be a near 100% success rate but always seem to have a tank shoot me down now so hardly ever try it anymore)

I also find it easier to do alone rather than in a team, maybe it has to do with the military spawns, idk. Never tried flying straight up, I tend to just get out the base and immediately graze the treetops, pulling up just before the missile hits and then dive for the floor again.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone else kind of find it fun when the tanks are there (happens if too many people have been trying to get Lazers) to just ditch your plans for the Lazer and try to pull a military guy out of his tank? 

It's like a game of cat and mouse. It's a bit tough because they'll freak out when you climb up on their tank and speed off...or their friend will shoot their tank while you're trying to get in it.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

never have any issues with this

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

every time i go to get a jet, i've already got a tank lodged in my ass.. 

really unfun............

Use lube.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users