no more lazer jets?

37 replies to this topic
oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

every time i go to get a jet, i've already got a tank lodged in my ass.. like seriously with this bullsh*t?  when did this happen???

really unfun............

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Okay.

• iiGh0STt likes this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

I manged to get one today. The tank is extremely rare for me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

Did it tickle?

• Gballin23 likes this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

Did it tickle?

no i needed stitches after AND they impounded my personal vehicle. 

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

so, how do u get a lazer jet now?

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by Sangers, 06 March 2014 - 03:58 AM.

I've found that its harder to steal a jet these days in Free Roam.

My tips:

• After you brake in to the base, don't drive directly to the jet. Drive around the back roads behind the hangers so that the enemies spawn / go there to hunt you, then cut up one of the alley ways to a jet location that is clear of red dots on your mini-map. ie. draw them away from the jets first.
  • Know where the jet locations are so you can change up the one you want to take if the one you initially go for has too many red dots around or or nearby.
  • As soon as you take the jet, shoot up 90 degrees into the sky. This angle will prevent nearby tanks from shooting you down and is also the best angle to avoid rockets as well. Wait til you have really high altitude before leveling out and don't return to low altitude until you are well clear of the base.
  • If a rocket locks on to you, dodge it at the last minute by doing up/down fishies.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Keep trying.

Or launch a full scale attack on Fort Zancudo with your crew, 2 people in tanks, take out the AI Tanks, then a pilot flies in the people who wanna get in a jet to their respective Lazers, then have the Tank guys get into their own Jets and fly away.

This is the way R* intended to use Tanks

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Your argument is that the military is no longer giving away Lazers? Good for them.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:01 AM Edited by oo00oo00oo, 06 March 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Keep trying.

Or launch a full scale attack on Fort Zancudo with your crew, 2 people in tanks, take out the AI Tanks, then a pilot flies in the people who wanna get in a jet to their respective Lazers, then have the Tank guys get into their own Jets and fly away.

hmm, but ima one girl crew lol

Your argument is that the military is no longer giving away Lazers? Good for them.

yeah it makes sense, but it's not fun

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Jets might not spawn if your internet connection is laggy.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

Keep trying.

hmm, but ima one girl crew lol

yeah it makes sense, but it's not fun

In that case go in a Tank yourself then

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

Use the Roosevelt or Faggio instead. Much faster.

• Timely likes this

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by ArbitraryName14, 06 March 2014 - 04:16 AM.

I hadn't tried to steal a jet for a while after the last six or seven times ended in ruin, but just the other day three of us went in there to get some, and the resistance was pretty tame. We all got out fairly easy. I was just thinking they'd finally made it doable again, so not sure if we just got lucky, or if you've been especially unlucky.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:16 AM

yet another classy thread.....

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

tumblr_lvn9m6VRA71r3zat8.gif

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

tanks in the military base are so easy to get away from, just drive around the run way for awhile dodging things, go back to said jet.. you are good to go. 

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

What usually gets me is the npc lazer that pursues you in attempts to stop you from stealing it.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

at least the tanks don't have laser accuracy anymore. But,yeah I know what you mean about the Jets. Just dial up Lester while you're getting in the jet and as soon as you leave the base, choose "lose wanted level" and you'll only have to dodge one missile.

darkjounin
  • darkjounin

SoCali Native

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

Stole two Jets recently, not impossible. Still haven't jacked the tank from base yet.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

Stole two Jets recently, not impossible. Still haven't jacked the tank from base yet.

getting a tank is pointless unless you cargobob it, you wont be able to get out. 

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:42 AM

I help the military by sniping any flying objects i see :)

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

I help the military by sniping any flying objects i see :)

r u a tool?

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

My preferred way of getting a lazer is to steal a fast car, drive it southbound at top speed along the road which goes under the runway, but veer off to the right hand side of the tunnel and jump over the fence, then drive straight to one of the lazers, jump in and avoid the SAMs.

That way you usually get to the lazer before the NPCs turn up and start shooting, avoiding the SAMs can be annoying sometimes though, I found that once I'm airborne I stop 'accelerating' and let the plane just fly normally, then apply full power and pull up once you hear the SAM has locked onto you.

Puchicas
  • Puchicas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

I hadn't played in 2 weeks until today.  Today, I still had a 100% success rate getting jets on multiple occasions after session changes and 1 crash.

I'm not in the mood to make this easy for everyone, but to maximize your chances, you need to figure out:

1.  The best base entry point to control the military spawns to your advantage.

2.  The best jet to choose in relation to those miltary spawns.

3.  The best flight path out of the base to:  a)  avoid the first missile which is immediately launched towards your ass and b) ensure that the NPC jet does not tail you out of the base as you lose your wanted level, or that you are able to easily destroy the NPC jet if it does follow you (rarely follows me).

If you are complaining about the difficulty of getting a lazer, I can only suspect that you have not experimented with multiple entry points into the base and flight paths out of the base.  You are not paying close enough attention to the military spawns, and how you can manipulate them to your advantage.  You are probably just hopping the fence and hoping to get lucky, with corresponding results.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

My preferred way of getting a lazer is to steal a fast car, drive it southbound at top speed along the road which goes under the runway, but veer off to the right hand side of the tunnel and jump over the fence, then drive straight to one of the lazers, jump in and avoid the SAMs.

That way you usually get to the lazer before the NPCs turn up and start shooting, avoiding the SAMs can be annoying sometimes though, I found that once I'm airborne I stop 'accelerating' and let the plane just fly normally, then apply full power and pull up once you hear the SAM has locked onto you.

There are no SAMs. It's AI Lazers who attempt to shoot you down.

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:24 AM Edited by Deadly Aviator, 06 March 2014 - 08:24 AM.

here's the easiest and most reliable way: (not my video)

You can also get in by the dirt path jump by the highway; race down the runway to those same jets.

I have at least a 75% success rate using the helicopter, usually there will only be 1-2 enemies, and you dont even get the 4 stars until you exit out of the helicopter

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Am I the only person who finds it insanely easy to get one and it works everytime? I'm not cocky or anything but I don't know what problems everyone is having.

The method I use is to use the hill jump round the back to get in. Keep driving round to the right and before the main gate, take a left and continue round to the big hanger closest to you. If you take the jet from that hanger, you only have one direction to get shot from instead of 3. You should be able to make it into the jet in time, may get shot a few times by soldiers. Power up the jet and get in the air as soon as possible and when you do, pull STRAIGHT UP. Do not just fly away as the missiles will get you. If you fly straight up immediately, the missiles don't lock on.

This works everytime for me :)

Synophrys
  • Synophrys

Hothead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by Synophrys, 06 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Easy when you fly in low with a chopper, you evade the 4star wanted level until you land and exit the chopper, by then it's child's play to get in a jet and take off.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Easy when you fly in low with a chopper, you evade the 4star wanted level until you land and exit the chopper, by then it's child's play to get in a jet and take off.

This!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users