Quantcast

» «
Photo

Races are based around the fastest car rather than skill

37 replies to this topic

Poll: Skill or not? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Which type of race do you think has the most player skill involved?

1. Slipstream and Catch up on (14 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

2. Slipstream on, Catch up off (38 votes [26.39%])

Percentage of vote: 26.39%

3. Slipstream off, Catch up on (11 votes [7.64%])

Percentage of vote: 7.64%

4. Slipstream off, Catch up off (81 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

What type of race involves the most player skill?

1. Short with a lot of turns (31 votes [21.53%])

Percentage of vote: 21.53%

2. Short, few turns (5 votes [3.47%])

Percentage of vote: 3.47%

3. Long with a lot of turns (101 votes [70.14%])

Percentage of vote: 70.14%

4. Long, few turns (7 votes [4.86%])

Percentage of vote: 4.86%

Should R* add in NOS for races? Meaning that NOS and slipstream would go hand in hand. Slipstream off, NOS can be on, NOS off, slipstream can be on.

1. Yes (40 votes [31.01%])

Percentage of vote: 31.01%

2. No (89 votes [68.99%])

Percentage of vote: 68.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Just make your own tracks and play them.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

GTA5-Facepalm-1024x498.jpg

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

GTA5-Facepalm-1024x498.jpg

You're ignorant. That's ignorant.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Winning with default options on without ramming takes a tremendous amount of skill and luck, especially on long distance point-to-point races. If you can dust people in races with lots of turns, you're a really good racer.

With everything off, whoever has the fastest car, the most upgrades, and the best starting position theoretically wins the race..

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

When it comes to NOS...it's iffy for me. I voted yes, because I like the idea of intelligently using your NOS, but if the NOS boost is unlimited, or easy to use, or it provides no advantage to those who use it intelligently, then it's a waste of time to develop.

Qutan
  • Qutan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Just get rid of catchup skilled drivers can then lose pitting twats 

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

I have noticed that races aren't really based around player skill as much as which car they are in.  It drives me nuts how people who drive like idiots with horrible lines crash into me, and yet i'm punished.  In my opinion, the races that require the most player skill are short/long races with lots of sharp turns and hills.

do agree that a fair balance of turns is needed to demonstrate skill. an easy point 2 point with very shallow curves (eg route 68) is decided more by the car than the driver, but those tracks are perfect contenders for having traffic, which is where the skill comes from.... if the host leaves catch up off, slipstream off, traffic off, then the fatests car will win, give or take driver error (rather than driver skill)... but thrown in traffic and its a dfifferent ball game, skill comes back into it

Winning with default options on without ramming takes a tremendous amount of skill and luck, especially on long distance point-to-point races. If you can dust people in races with lots of turns, you're a really good racer.

With everything off, whoever has the fastest car, the most upgrades, and the best starting position theoretically wins the race..

i have to agree with this, but id say more than just tracks with lots of turns, if you can dust people in different races, over different tracks, in different cars... then your a really good racer.... i remember when i first started racing gta and one guy only ever ran the commute,,, yea he won alot and he was good... at that track.. but you can literally run a 1:57 on there and not touch the brake once... that's not the measure of a good driver cos if you throw him on Learning Curve or dipping in, guy wouldnt have a chance...

skill is more about being adaptable to your environment and consistently performing to a high level...

for those who think theyve got what it takes to prove they are a good driver check out the Im Better Than You thread

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Solution: race Through the grapewine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users